Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Magical Traveler

19,425 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
top tsundere
S C H W E E N
Sorry if I missed a post somewhere or something explaining this..but how old is everybody. I'm just curious, really.

I'm 21, FtM, and started hormones two weeks ago

also wtf is going on in here lol
can we not with the tumblr talk
I left that website for a reason

Tumblr Talk?

Generous Hunter

10,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Just looking around and noticed this thread, and was wondering about the OP.

Isn't the definition of a transgender person of one who wishes to be viewed solely as the other gender in society but does not wish to change their physical body? As trans, for transition, and gender, for ones gender. The over-arching term for all "trans individuals" from my experiences, was Gender Dysphoria.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
S C H W E E N
Sorry if I missed a post somewhere or something explaining this..but how old is everybody. I'm just curious, really.

19! One of the guys more around your age here. Kinda was silent and waiting for the tumblr talk to go away since the site stresses me the ******** out.

Adorable Fisher

Feminine Desires
Just looking around and noticed this thread, and was wondering about the OP.

Isn't the definition of a transgender person of one who wishes to be viewed solely as the other gender in society but does not wish to change their physical body? As trans, for transition, and gender, for ones gender. The over-arching term for all "trans individuals" from my experiences, was Gender Dysphoria.
What you think transgender means is actually "non-medically transitioning transgender individual". Transgender is an umbrella term for the population who does not identify with their birth sex for whatever reason, in any capacity, and in any terms of transitioning from wearing the clothes you are comfortable with to having grs (gender reassignment surgery). Gender Dysphoria is the term for the uncomfortableness we can feel in our birth bodies, meaning feeling like you are in the wrong body. This can range from a general feeling of discomfort to trauma with genitals, etc. Its different for every person, and one does not have to have a dysphoric feeling to be transgender.

Magical Traveler

19,425 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
amenamy
S C H W E E N

19! One of the guys more around your age here. Kinda was silent and waiting for the tumblr talk to go away since the site stresses me the ******** out.

aha I feel less like the thread's baby now lol
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hello~
My little 'sister' has finally come to terms 'she' is trans. My mother and I have known this for a good decade, so it's nothing new. 'Her' mustache came through at 16 or so with no physical transition. 'She' lacks breasts. Etc.
'She' has NO idea where to start her transition, though. Medically, there is no way to afford it. So, what would be the best ways to be able to help my 'sister' out? Basic support is there through my mother and I, so 'she' has a good outlook on this.

Magical Traveler

19,425 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
Lets Eat Pizza
Hello~
My little 'sister' has finally come to terms 'she' is trans. My mother and I have known this for a good decade, so it's nothing new. 'Her' mustache came through at 16 or so with no physical transition. 'She' lacks breasts. Etc.
'She' has NO idea where to start her transition, though. Medically, there is no way to afford it. So, what would be the best ways to be able to help my 'sister' out? Basic support is there through my mother and I, so 'she' has a good outlook on this.

The best thing is keeping him in clothing he's comfortable in to help ward off dysphoria and aways make sure you refer to him correctly. It can be years before trans people are able to afford to start medically transitioning (if they choose to do so) so right now it'd be best to make him feel as valid as possible as it can be hard to even see yourself as human sometimes.

Speaking from current experience, all these things help a lot.
S C H W E E N
Lets Eat Pizza
Hello~

The best thing is keeping him in clothing he's comfortable in to help ward off dysphoria and aways make sure you refer to him correctly. It can be years before trans people are able to afford to start medically transitioning (if they choose to do so) so right now it'd be best to make him feel as valid as possible as it can be hard to even see yourself as human sometimes.

Speaking from current experience, all these things help a lot.
'She' has always warn baggy boy like clothing, so it's nothing new for 'her'. Never been into dresses, make up, etc.

Hallowed Wench

Lets Eat Pizza
Hello~
US or another country? Also is your sibling a minor or an adult?

The usual path is therapy, then HRT as well as hair removal, then surgery if desired.
Umbral_Necropolitan
Lets Eat Pizza
Hello~

The usual path is therapy, then HRT as well as hair removal, then surgery if desired.
US, and an adult.
'She' keeps 'her' hair short as it is, so that's fine. I know 'she' does want surgery, which does require therapy first. Though, there's no way to afford it

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
Lets Eat Pizza
Umbral_Necropolitan
Lets Eat Pizza
Hello~

US, and an adult.
'She' keeps 'her' hair short as it is, so that's fine. I know 'she' does want surgery, which does require therapy first. Though, there's no way to afford it

Respect their identity. Those quotes are demeaning, and outright sickening, and if the person is FTM than you should be using he/him/his pronouns, and he's your brother. That's a starting point. At least avoid gendered pronouns if you can't manage to respect your siblings identity. Let your sibling worry about affording transition. Try to get health insurance that helps cover it. If your sibling has any interest in college, there are colleges that are really accepting of trans people and they should look into that.
FORTRAN77
Lets Eat Pizza
Umbral_Necropolitan
Lets Eat Pizza
Hello~

US, and an adult.

Respect their identity. Those quotes are demeaning, and outright sickening, and if the person is FTM than you should be using he/him/his pronouns, and he's your brother. That's a starting point. At least avoid gendered pronouns if you can't manage to respect your siblings identity. Let your sibling worry about affording transition. Try to get health insurance that helps cover it. If your sibling has any interest in college, there are colleges that are really accepting of trans people and they should look into that.
To YOU.
This is how 'she' has asked me to speak for 'her' until 'she' is ready to come out to everyone. I will respect what 'she' wants me to do regarding names.
And 'she' has already graduated college.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Look what I found =D

It's probably been posted here before, but this is v3.3, so....newish?

Helped me sort some things out (It apparently was Gender Expression I was fussing over instead of Gender Identity).

Generous Hunter

10,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Silvia Crow
Look what I found =D

It's probably been posted here before, but this is v3.3, so....newish?

Helped me sort some things out (It apparently was Gender Expression I was fussing over instead of Gender Identity).

I saw this on a yahoo article. Apparently it is part of a program to teach kids sexual education.

Unfortunately, there are a few parents who are very displeased with it.
S C H W E E N
top tsundere
S C H W E E N

I'm 21, FtM, and started hormones two weeks ago

also wtf is going on in here lol
can we not with the tumblr talk
I left that website for a reason

Tumblr Talk?

Yeah
y'know

"truscum" and general throwing of accusations everywhere
to me it's kinda funny how ironic it is

Anyway, let's all change the subject then, shall we?

Anyone else really nervous about the holidays? I'm kind of anxious to see if my dad sends me a "daughter" or a "son" card hahaha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff