Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Fanged Hunter

Bornes

wow
that was a good place for me to look
thanks for that link
I've actually dropped some questions on /r/asktransgender in the past too haha

I feel like I know its what I want, but I'm scared to try?
idk in my head I feel like I'm not supposed to "try", it's just supposed to be that way, but I guess that's not entirely the case
I can say though, without out a doubt if it was as simple as the cliche "if you had a genie" situation, I'd just change and be done with it lol
I guess the next step I'm looking at is to wait for some money to come in and head off to find a counselor of some sort

gaia_nitemareleft emotion_bigheart gaia_nitemareright

Loiterer

Psychomore
Yeah reddit is a pretty cool place if you know where to look, haha.

Glad it helped. There is also /r/transpassing, but I've personally never browsed there long so I don't know how helpful it really is.

Transition can be a hard and long road. Some people want the end result but can't deal with the journey and end up never transitioning. That is okay, but that is a decision you need to make. I think everyone is scared at first. But it is all about weighing options. Sometimes you won't ever know if transitioning is for you until you begin. (Un)Luckily, many of the effects of hormones are reversible if you decide to stop taking them later on.

I wish you the best.

Adorable Fisher

About to drop off the first page.

Hmm. So, I've got a bunch of appointments coming up, including seeing that awful endocrinologist again for other things than being trans (since he won't acknowledge my transition) and potentially seeing the "doctor" who refused to treat me because of her religion. I'm talking with my caretaker about rescheduling that one until another doctor can be found. I don't know if my doctor assigned me to her because he's on vacation or what, but I don't want to go see him again either because he sent me to this doctor while he's on vacation or whatever he's doing when I talked about her by name about what she did to me when I was rehashing my transition history with him.

Its such a damn mess. I also went to a trans support group and I hate it there for reasons I'm not supposed to disclose, but I may be going back to the same place as I had my gender therapy last year (that place hosts the support group) to get another damn letter. I have no money for this, and each appointment costs $40 which I do not have and I already owe them $300 from sessions I didn't pay for (I literally went "oh shoot, I don't have my credit card, next time!" like six to eight times on them until I stopped going. It wasn't good. I was just broke, plain and simple and I felt horrible about it).

I ******** hate this starting over s**t. I have to start my transition process over with another endocrinologist as well if I can get an appointment with another one.

All of this pushes back my surgery into the stratosphere black hole if I can even find a surgeon who will do it. I've had to restart like this six times. Each time is a year of anguish to get nothing because suddenly a doctor or a therapist drops out and then the new one doesn't know me and has to get to know me before they'll do s**t if they'll even help me with my transition at all.

The good news I guess is that Medicare now covers all trans surgeries, except I don't have Medicare. In the support group they were like, "join Medicare! Here's how!" and I was like, "um... How would that even work I'm not an old man." But I'll check it out anyway.

So that's my life update in case anybody cares.

Fanged Hunter

MarigoldMari

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time.
I hope things can work out for you moving forward

Adorable Fisher

Psychomore
MarigoldMari

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time.
I hope things can work out for you moving forward

Thank you (:

Peculiar Guest

30,665 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Friendly Gaian

apathetic frost285
Gender is a stupid made up concept. Being male or female does not feel a certain way other then having different genitals. But you cannot know what it is like to have different genitals. Everything else anyone trys to explain gender with is a gender role. So all these people saying gender roles are made up, which is true, cannot possibly justify the existence of gender. It makes no logical sense. Also who even gives a damn what gender you think/feel you are? it is all in your head and alot of bat s**t crazy things are in peoples heads that we don't give the time of day to

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8!!!1!

edit: wait is this a trolling post or not??!? I CAN"T TELL HELP

Friendly Gaian

apathetic frost285
Lyonel Noale
apathetic frost285
Gender is a stupid made up concept. Being male or female does not feel a certain way other then having different genitals. But you cannot know what it is like to have different genitals. Everything else anyone trys to explain gender with is a gender role. So all these people saying gender roles are made up, which is true, cannot possibly justify the existence of gender. It makes no logical sense. Also who even gives a damn what gender you think/feel you are? it is all in your head and alot of bat s**t crazy things are in peoples heads that we don't give the time of day to

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8!!!1!

edit: wait is this a trolling post or not??!? I CAN"T TELL HELP
nice votes, lol

having read over your post a few times i can determine that you actually made a good point and therefore i withdraw my vote and up it to a 10/10 xd

Fanged Hunter

E-mailed a therapist, waiting to hear back.
I'm on the hunt
ninja

Shirtless Explorer

Hi i'm a demiromantic sapiosexual trigender transfeminine demigirl nan0boy star/starself or bun/bunself pronouns please
It's been forever, but I have a quick question that googling didn't seem to help with. And since it's not a major issue, and my doctor is a pain to get ahold of outside of appointments (which I have one in just over a month) I figured I'd ask here.

Guys who are using subcutaneous testosterone shots (not intramuscular). Have you ever had your injection site itch for like a day or two after? I get the initial "ow shot" soreness, go to bed, and am fine for a while. But then day 2-4 or so, it itches like an annoying mosquito bite. Don't know if it's just irritated because of the location (right along the waist band area, since I have to try to pinch together an inch of fat to make sure I don't go into muscle) or possibly a very slight allergic reaction to the (oil? it's thicker than water and has a slight yellow tint) the hormone is stored in. I'm in no fear of having a major reaction. I've had an allergic itching reaction to medication before and this is more of an annoying "ugh my stomach itches" than what a full blown allergic itch is like.
Just wondered if anyone else has dealt with this. I will definitely be bringing it up at my next check up, as it will be the first one since I switched from topical gel to sub-q injection.

Adorable Fisher

(Venting. You are free to ignore this if you want to...)

My sister joined a website I'm on and I was brave enough to give her the name of my account on there. On my account on there it says very clearly (no blush) that I am female to male transgender. My sister did not know this previously. I have been shivering for years about coming out to my family about being trans. My sister either didn't read it or she thinks I'm being a catfish or something because she's still treating me the same and in fact we're getting along better than we ever have. Its surreal. I don't think she believes what my profile says and essentially thinks its a fake profile. I don't really have the balls to tell her anything further. I'm still trembling, though, because what if she actually didn't read it and reads it and gets mad at me...

Not sure if I'm asking for advice (this sudden event is just turning me into a vent monster that is driving everybody up the wall). I just wasn't expecting for suddenly out of the blue my sister possibly knowing I am trans when I have hid this secret for 28 years successfully from my entire family. It seriously just happened with no warning, she just decided to join that website and I decided for whatever reason at the time to give her my account name. Maybe I was feeling braver than right now, I don't know. I think the whole thing has just left me unstable and scared and really I should have gone to trans group therapy today because it would have been nice to receive a hug about it because I really really need one to help my stability.

Yes, I basically did this to myself. I did not have to give her my account's name. But I think my rationale at the time was I was so depressed about all the pressures of my life telling me "no, no, no, you can't be yourself because we say so" for such a long time that I'd just had it with being in the closet with my sister (even the thought of having to hide myself on that website and worry about her finding me out all the time) and ******** it and didn't care if she knew or not. Now I am appalled at myself several days later and freaking out.

I don't want to bother anybody on here, or make people thing I am a downer or looking for a pity party or what have you. I'm just crumbling under all of these things happening in my life in regards to my transition. Maybe I am not as strong as others can be. In fact, I'm probably not. So I beg for patience...

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
MarigoldMari
(Venting. You are free to ignore this if you want to...)

My sister joined a website I'm on and I was brave enough to give her the name of my account on there. On my account on there it says very clearly (no blush) that I am female to male transgender. My sister did not know this previously. I have been shivering for years about coming out to my family about being trans. My sister either didn't read it or she thinks I'm being a catfish or something because she's still treating me the same and in fact we're getting along better than we ever have. Its surreal. I don't think she believes what my profile says and essentially thinks its a fake profile. I don't really have the balls to tell her anything further. I'm still trembling, though, because what if she actually didn't read it and reads it and gets mad at me...

Not sure if I'm asking for advice (this sudden event is just turning me into a vent monster that is driving everybody up the wall). I just wasn't expecting for suddenly out of the blue my sister possibly knowing I am trans when I have hid this secret for 28 years successfully from my entire family. It seriously just happened with no warning, she just decided to join that website and I decided for whatever reason at the time to give her my account name. Maybe I was feeling braver than right now, I don't know. I think the whole thing has just left me unstable and scared and really I should have gone to trans group therapy today because it would have been nice to receive a hug about it because I really really need one to help my stability.

Yes, I basically did this to myself. I did not have to give her my account's name. But I think my rationale at the time was I was so depressed about all the pressures of my life telling me "no, no, no, you can't be yourself because we say so" for such a long time that I'd just had it with being in the closet with my sister (even the thought of having to hide myself on that website and worry about her finding me out all the time) and ******** it and didn't care if she knew or not. Now I am appalled at myself several days later and freaking out.

I don't want to bother anybody on here, or make people thing I am a downer or looking for a pity party or what have you. I'm just crumbling under all of these things happening in my life in regards to my transition. Maybe I am not as strong as others can be. In fact, I'm probably not. So I beg for patience...

Warning: Semi-copout zen-like advice.

What is done is done, and what has been done cannot be undone. If there is a storm to come from your actions, then you must weather it.

You're strong. You got this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces