Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

That Is All
I hate myself... I swore to myself a thousand times that I'd come out to my mother today. Hell, I've been swearing to myself for months that I'd come out to her, but yesterday I made a silent vow, even told all of my friends I'm out to that I'd call her up and tell her. But I couldn't. I had the freaking phone in my hands and number on the screen but I couldn't press the goddamn "Send" button. I broke down in tears and ended up putting the phone down. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is this so haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard?
It's hard because you're afraid of being rejected.

Dapper Dabbler

Stegash0ta

Oh, hello fellow ace! I'm really glad to find more people with similar feelings. I thought I was over complicating things a little bit but in the end gender identity is a pretty complex thing as it is, and I guess there's a lot of wiggle room. Not everyone is going to feel all of one way or the other. I also grew up wondering now and then if my parents hadn't gotten SRS on me when I was born too.

The guilt is a huge thing to deal with when it seems you could make everyone else's lives easier by just shutting up about it. I really hope that I get over that someday- and that you do too. I think if and when I finally come out about it, people's reactions might play a big role in whether I can feel confident or good about it, as much as I'd love to be my own source of confidence. There's just this ingrained sense of wanting your parents to be proud of you. But to be honest, I'm really really hoping for that "we basically knew" reaction you were talking about, since I've been this way for so long. My best friend told me she basically knew after I confided in her, and my sister seem to have at least some subconscious idea. I really hope my parents see it the same way. It sounds like you have a really good therapist, by the way. I hope I'm able to find someone like that when I'm ready to start looking.

Ah, I wasn't aware what exactly the deal was with job discrimination- I've just heard horror stories before that got to me, I guess. I'm actually in NYS so that's great. I'll be sure to research it all a lot more when the time comes.

Heheh. It's not that I would even consider myself feminine, because as I've said I feel male. But then I realize that as far as masculine standards go I still don't conform to that in a lot of ways. But that's really fine with me, because like I said, I'm overall pretty happy with who I am. Even if I got surgery or T I wouldn't quit my hobby of sewing and cosplaying or even baking. Enjoying stuff is just enjoying stuff, and I really think it's society that tries to hard to categorize or stereotype these things. So I'm fine with being seen as a bit feminine because inside I still feel so male, and as long as others see me as male too then I don't think it would bother me much, when I would think that I'd want to try to disassociate myself from being connected with feminine influences so I can fit in and pass easier. It's a nice discovery to find that there are a lot of other trans men who are comfortable with that too, by the sounds of it.

Dapper Dabbler

That Is All
I hate myself... I swore to myself a thousand times that I'd come out to my mother today. Hell, I've been swearing to myself for months that I'd come out to her, but yesterday I made a silent vow, even told all of my friends I'm out to that I'd call her up and tell her. But I couldn't. I had the freaking phone in my hands and number on the screen but I couldn't press the goddamn "Send" button. I broke down in tears and ended up putting the phone down. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is this so haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard?

It's difficult, I know. I once vowed to myself I'd tell my mother how I was feeling and my thoughts on being trans and even made it as far as visiting her room for an hour or so, but I just couldn't get the words out to start the conversation. I know I'm knew to the thread and all but I think you're on the right track for even being brave enough to decide it was time and to have the phone in your hands. Take it slow. The right moment for you will present itself.

Like I'm one to talk, right? >>;

Dapper Phantom

Oblivion Blades
Dandrogyny
Minimal? So not a full dose? They did that to me too and that's wrong. If your dose is too low, you might as well not take it. Like it partially turns into more estrogen. Hormones are about achieving levels.

Nah, full dose, but to keep the levels stable I can't just skip one dose every now and then. There's seriously a reason to why they tell you to take it at the same time every day. Four hours here and there when I've already skipped a day won't probably do anything other than keep me feeling secure, but that's already something.
Meh, I'm skeptical on the strict "by hour" dose. It's marginal. It takes 6 hours to absorb.

Dapper Phantom

I have been very concerned about my chest lately and I just realized why.

They're growing. That or I'm bloated.
Either way, it monumentally sucks.

They're soft. Which isn't usually what happens when they bloat before a period. They don't LOOK bigger, but I can really feel them pressing on my binder. They feel HUGE if I grab at my chest with my hand.

I'm freaking out so bad.
Like I'm just frozen.
I did NOT think they would grow again. What if they are?

I know that women can continue to have breast growth in their 20's... I feel like my time is running out. If they grow too much, I can't get keyhole. I need the money for surgery ASAP or I will forever have scars, which I really don't want.

I'm going to have to officially ask my BF if he's willing to help me save to make it take less time...

But he's an irresponsible p***k.
It's official.
If he can't man up and reduce my stress, I need to cut him out of my garden like a bad weed.
Not because of money, but stress could be contributing to this, too.
My emotions are out of control. Could that make my estrogen higher?

I need to man up and face this s**t head on.

I was put on sick leave for 6 months. I just got the letter back to fix that last week and can go back to work, but the HR manager will be in New York until the 4th. She probably won't be in until Monday.

I hate constantly waiting. This is so crazy. My life always feels like this. I want to take charge and fix it, but there are so many roadblocks. I have to just try to breathe until Monday. One step at a time...
That Is All

Because you know how drastically it can change your life in a single moment. We all go through this, don't beat yourself up too badly for staggering a little. I basically ended out just concentrating on throwing myself out there, putting myself on the spot so I HAD to tell them. Painful, but necessary, and ultimately worth it.

Dapper Phantom

Yeah, coming out is a b***h.
I came out in desperation. It was like "mom I'm gonna kill myself if we don't put me in therapy. I want to be a boy." Don't make yourself wait that long.
gonk
Dandrogyny
Yeah, I can see how that really sucks. Like binding doesn't hurt for me at all, it's just annoying, and I have a STRONG desire to show my chest a lot and wear thin clothing without a binder. But that's all pretty vain. My chest is uncomfortable, but it doesn't hurt...

Wow... does that thing work in California? That sounds like a good idea if I get hired on as a permanent at my job. Then I'd have job stability and could totally pay something like that off...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the surgeon I want doesn't accept this sort of stuff. I'll consult with him when I have like 1/4-1/3 of the money I need.

It didn't start really hurting me until recently, when it's just really started to bother my back, just making it very sore and tense in the last 5-6 months maybe? I mean, besides that, the only reasons I hate binding is because of it constantly rolling up and that it still doesn't make me as flat as I like and so I'm constantly being forced to wear a hoodie.

That and sometimes I forget they're there which is always a lovely burst of dysphoria when I'm thinking "How can I manage to get away with showering in the men's locker room before I go see The Avengers tomorrow night?" only to realize that even with swim trunks on, I still can't go shirtless. (That was totally a depressing realization I had last night)

Well here, look into it all for yourself. I'm pretty sure it's a country-wide thing, all it takes is a credit check and almost everyone gets approved so I've heard. http://www.carecredit.com/
          There's also a thing on there to look up physicians and surgeons and stuff who accept it, but I'd ask your surgeon too whenever you get closer to it just to be on the safe side!

Anxious Friend

iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D

I am but...it's not working. ._____.

Get those crayons out and scribble away? D:

Oh I only do that when I'm severely depressed and frustrated...right now it's just slightly.

Hmm...what do you normally do when you're just slightly down?
Nothing lol >_< Think more about it then start getting frustrated. ^^;

Aww bah :c I hope it got better for you then!!

I'm gonna start going to the gym again today rofl It's been like..a month and a half since I went..
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D

I am but...it's not working. ._____.

Get those crayons out and scribble away? D:

Oh I only do that when I'm severely depressed and frustrated...right now it's just slightly.

Hmm...what do you normally do when you're just slightly down?
Nothing lol >_< Think more about it then start getting frustrated. ^^;

Aww bah :c I hope it got better for you then!!

I'm gonna start going to the gym again today rofl It's been like..a month and a half since I went..

Nice, did the suggestions that you gave me to cheer up gave you some motivation? rofl

Dapper Phantom

[Muffins of DOOM]
Dandrogyny
Yeah, I can see how that really sucks. Like binding doesn't hurt for me at all, it's just annoying, and I have a STRONG desire to show my chest a lot and wear thin clothing without a binder. But that's all pretty vain. My chest is uncomfortable, but it doesn't hurt...

Wow... does that thing work in California? That sounds like a good idea if I get hired on as a permanent at my job. Then I'd have job stability and could totally pay something like that off...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the surgeon I want doesn't accept this sort of stuff. I'll consult with him when I have like 1/4-1/3 of the money I need.

It didn't start really hurting me until recently, when it's just really started to bother my back, just making it very sore and tense in the last 5-6 months maybe? I mean, besides that, the only reasons I hate binding is because of it constantly rolling up and that it still doesn't make me as flat as I like and so I'm constantly being forced to wear a hoodie.

That and sometimes I forget they're there which is always a lovely burst of dysphoria when I'm thinking "How can I manage to get away with showering in the men's locker room before I go see The Avengers tomorrow night?" only to realize that even with swim trunks on, I still can't go shirtless. (That was totally a depressing realization I had last night)

Well here, look into it all for yourself. I'm pretty sure it's a country-wide thing, all it takes is a credit check and almost everyone gets approved so I've heard. http://www.carecredit.com/
          There's also a thing on there to look up physicians and surgeons and stuff who accept it, but I'd ask your surgeon too whenever you get closer to it just to be on the safe side!
Yeah I don't think Brownstein takes anything like this.
I'm getting keyhole and his is better than Fischer's, imo.
Dandrogyny
I came out in desperation. It was like "mom I'm gonna kill myself if we don't put me in therapy. I want to be a boy." Don't make yourself wait that long.
gonk

I have a feeling that's gonna happen to me one day, but she always says "Please take that s**t out of your head." ...I'm kinda angry at mom right now. Right now I just don't care how much she "loves" me, it's just that she's interfering with something that means ALOT to me. She's creating a huge obstacle for me, and that's why I never show her any consideration. Honestly idgaf if she's sad anymore, she's the reason for my self-harms and whenever I'm sad, I'm twice as worse than her. She just doesn't understand that what I'm dealing with is a MAJOR issue and it only keeps growing, not something that will easily come and go.

Dapper Phantom

iShotElmo8D
Dandrogyny
gonk

I have a feeling that's gonna happen to me one day, but she always says "Please take that s**t out of your head." ...I'm kinda angry at mom right now. Right now I just don't care how much she "loves" me, it's just that she's interfering with something that means ALOT to me. She's creating a huge obstacle for me, and that's why I never show her any consideration. Honestly idgaf if she's sad anymore, she's the reason for my self-harms and whenever I'm sad, I'm twice as worse than her. She just doesn't understand that what I'm dealing with is a MAJOR issue and it only keeps growing, not something that will easily come and go.
Try not to let her win. Cutting yourself is letting her win.
Dandrogyny
iShotElmo8D
Dandrogyny
gonk

Try not to let her win. Cutting yourself is letting her win.

When you put it that way... lol it's kinda like a competition. I hate losing competitions. rofl Thanks, it'll probably give me more self control. XD
Dandrogyny
Yeah I don't think Brownstein takes anything like this.
I'm getting keyhole and his is better than Fischer's, imo.

Eh, everyone goes to different surgeons for their own reasons. I know a guy in real life who's gone to Fischer and his chest turned out amazing and from everything I've heard from him and other people, she's very nice. And from what I've seen, her receptionist at least is very nice too.

I don't know yet if I could qualify for keyhole or if I have to get double incision, but I really don't care and am just preparing for double incision, and I like her results for both.

That and Brownstein is way too far away. I live in PA, so Fischer is only about 4 hours away. I can drive there, stay for my consultation, surgery, and follow-up and be able to drive right back (well, my friend will be driving me right back), which greatly reduces my costs by hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff