Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Dapper Phantom

[Muffins of DOOM]
Dandrogyny
Yeah I don't think Brownstein takes anything like this.
I'm getting keyhole and his is better than Fischer's, imo.

Eh, everyone goes to different surgeons for their own reasons. I know a guy in real life who's gone to Fischer and his chest turned out amazing and from everything I've heard from him and other people, she's very nice. And from what I've seen, her receptionist at least is very nice too.

I don't know yet if I could qualify for keyhole or if I have to get double incision, but I really don't care and am just preparing for double incision, and I like her results for both.

That and Brownstein is way too far away. I live in PA, so Fischer is only about 4 hours away. I can drive there, stay for my consultation, surgery, and follow-up and be able to drive right back (well, my friend will be driving me right back), which greatly reduces my costs by hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
Well see I have the opposite problem. Fischer is like a 4 hour plane flight away.

Basically with Fischer I see undersized/displaced nipples. Brownstein seems to have that matter relatively perfected. He's made it a "science". It does help that I saw him explain his procedure at a conference.

I feel the extra cost is worth a procedure I will have to look at for the rest of my life.
Dandrogyny
Well see I have the opposite problem. Fischer is like a 4 hour plane flight away.

Basically with Fischer I see undersized/displaced nipples. Brownstein seems to have that matter relatively perfected. He's made it a "science". It does help that I saw him explain his procedure at a conference.

I feel the extra cost is worth a procedure I will have to look at for the rest of my life.

Well, like I said, everyone goes to other people for their own reasons. I like Fischer's work, and while yes, if she had crappy results I'd definitely spend more money to go elsewhere, I like her results and her personality and so she's just the right one for me in all aspects. Because I don't care if the surgeon could give me a damn near perfect chest, if they have a shitty personality I won't go to them.

Not saying Brownstein has a shitty personality! I've never even looked into him, I've never considered anyone outside of the North East even an option because I am just not willing to travel that far.

Dangerous Raider

I had the exact same internal dilemma. Fischer was a four hour car trip away, or I could fly to Florida or California.
I ended up going to Fischer just because her staff impressed me. I sent her office an email asking for information and got a very detailed response. and when I called to schedule my appointment they were likewise very helpful.
While I won't say that my results were perfect, I am not disappointed with them. I got double incision (she said that i would have qualified for keyhole if I wanted, but she thought DI would give me better results since I don't really care about having scars).

in other exciting news, I filed my application for name change yesterday. It went a lot smoother than I thought it would. I took the paperwork in, got it notarized by the court clerk, paid $41 and that was that. Once the judge signs my paperwork, I'll be golden.

Dapper Phantom

[Muffins of DOOM]
Dandrogyny

Well, like I said, everyone goes to other people for their own reasons. I like Fischer's work, and while yes, if she had crappy results I'd definitely spend more money to go elsewhere, I like her results and her personality and so she's just the right one for me in all aspects. Because I don't care if the surgeon could give me a damn near perfect chest, if they have a shitty personality I won't go to them.

Not saying Brownstein has a shitty personality! I've never even looked into him, I've never considered anyone outside of the North East even an option because I am just not willing to travel that far.
Well her surgeries ARE slightly cheaper so I do have time to compare but yeah basically I want this to look natural, not just "good". So if it doesn't look natural, it isn't good enough.

Brownstein is a good guy. I got to meet him, like I said, but that was a few years ago, and very brief.

Dapper Phantom

And when I say I demand natural looking results I do NOT mean to insult trans men who choose otherwise. It's just what I personally want.
Dandrogyny
Well her surgeries ARE slightly cheaper so I do have time to compare but yeah basically I want this to look natural, not just "good". So if it doesn't look natural, it isn't good enough.

Brownstein is a good guy. I got to meet him, like I said, but that was a few years ago, and very brief.

Of course, I'm sure we'd all love natural results if it were totally possible. Really though, I guess for me, though I'm not necessarily a begger, I'm going with the "Beggers can't be choosers" thing. I mean, obviously I can choose but I'm not going to be extremely nitpicky. I can just about make up any lie anyways as to why my chest is less than perfect anyways. Like lung surgery if my chest is too big for keyhole. Not saying that everyone should be ok with that, I mean even I have standards as far as good surgeons go (there's a top surgeon right in Pittsburgh but I refuse to go to her.) but.. Yeah I dunno I'm such a bad rambler.

TLDR; I don't care if my chest looks very natural, so long as it looks masculine enough that I can pass it off as I had another procedure done. If that makes any sense at all.

Dapper Phantom

[Muffins of DOOM]
Dandrogyny

Of course, I'm sure we'd all love natural results if it were totally possible. Really though, I guess for me, though I'm not necessarily a begger, I'm going with the "Beggers can't be choosers" thing. I mean, obviously I can choose but I'm not going to be extremely nitpicky. I can just about make up any lie anyways as to why my chest is less than perfect anyways. Like lung surgery if my chest is too big for keyhole. Not saying that everyone should be ok with that, I mean even I have standards as far as good surgeons go (there's a top surgeon right in Pittsburgh but I refuse to go to her.) but.. Yeah I dunno I'm such a bad rambler.

TLDR; I don't care if my chest looks very natural, so long as it looks masculine enough that I can pass it off as I had another procedure done. If that makes any sense at all.
I'm definitely not a begger and fully intend to fully earn the natural chest that I want even if it takes a little bit longer. I feel I am entitled to the chest I wasn't born with. I personally am VERY nitpicky because if I make a mistake I will have to live with it for the rest of my life. So I am determined to not make one. I don't really want to have to lie about it and it's not so much about concealing the fact I had surgery as much as I just want a chest that looks and feels natural without an obvious "off" look to it.

Most people are OK with the scars and don't intend to be shirtless that often. I personally have a strong desire to be scar-free partially because I do want to be shirtless. Also as well as simply satisfying to myself when I look at myself. I would hate my mistake if my chest looked horrid. Keep in mind we all have different definitions of "horrid". If it turns out for some reason I DON'T qualify for keyhole, that's a different story.

Anxious Friend

iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D

Oh I only do that when I'm severely depressed and frustrated...right now it's just slightly.

Hmm...what do you normally do when you're just slightly down?
Nothing lol >_< Think more about it then start getting frustrated. ^^;

Aww bah :c I hope it got better for you then!!

I'm gonna start going to the gym again today rofl It's been like..a month and a half since I went..

Nice, did the suggestions that you gave me to cheer up gave you some motivation? rofl

I'm getting more flabby than I already am gonk And I only have like..10 more pounds before I reach my goal weight. No time for me to slack!

Anyways, are you ok now? smile

Witty Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
I'm awkward, so I'mma fill out a form.

Name: Elliot
Transgender: FtM
A brief and concise summary of my transition thus far: I've been out to basically everyone for about a year and a half (and I live in a small town, so basically everyone means basically everyone). Not exactly loved by everyone. Not on great terms with my parents. But I never was. So, yeah.

Hullo!
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D

Oh I only do that when I'm severely depressed and frustrated...right now it's just slightly.

Hmm...what do you normally do when you're just slightly down?
Nothing lol >_< Think more about it then start getting frustrated. ^^;

Aww bah :c I hope it got better for you then!!

I'm gonna start going to the gym again today rofl It's been like..a month and a half since I went..

Nice, did the suggestions that you gave me to cheer up gave you some motivation? rofl

I'm getting more flabby than I already am gonk And I only have like..10 more pounds before I reach my goal weight. No time for me to slack!

Anyways, are you ok now? smile

Ouch! >_< And...Yeah sorta. :S I feel numb at the moment.

Mewling Lover

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Gallifreyan Poet

A brief and concise summary of my transition thus far: I've been out to basically everyone for about a year and a half (and I live in a small town, so basically everyone means basically everyone). Not exactly loved by everyone. Not on great terms with my parents. But I never was. So, yeah.

Hullo!
hi hi ~

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Gallifreyan Poet

Hullo!

Hello, welcome to the thread. My name's Trisha and I'm MtF, although I'm only out to my two best friends at the moment. Although you may not be loved by everyone I'm sure you'll be loved by many of the people here.

Shirtless Seeker

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

well I posted in here a while back but apparently I couldn't stay away~

I hate being so confused. If I really really really WANT to be transgendered, am I transgendered or just thinking wishfully? I want to be a dude. I'd prefer cisgendered of course, but that's impossible and right now if I could successfully transition it would be amazing and probably the best thing that could happen to me realistically. But I have no clue where to start and I'm not even sure if it would be the right thing; I mean, if I really want to be a dude, is that enough?

Damnit brain. stop being all depressed. it's annoying.

I want it so bad, but of course there's this damn niggling voice in the back of my head screaming doubts at me like it does for everything else. I hate being female. I don't want to be female. but I don't think that's enough, is it? sad

[the annoying thing about writing is that emotion can't really be portrayed correctly; that was a rhetorical question. if I had been speaking in real life, the end wouldn't have turned up like a question, but it's improper grammar not to use a question mark so I couldn't show that by using a period instead. Damn grammar Nazi in my head, shut up for once. ugh.]

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
TheWhirld
User Image

I hate being so confused. If I really really really WANT to be transgendered, am I transgendered or just thinking wishfully? I want to be a dude. I'd prefer cisgendered of course, but that's impossible and right now if I could successfully transition it would be amazing and probably the best thing that could happen to me realistically. But I have no clue where to start and I'm not even sure if it would be the right thing; I mean, if I really want to be a dude, is that enough?

I want it so bad, but of course there's this damn niggling voice in the back of my head screaming doubts at me like it does for everything else. I hate being female. I don't want to be female. but I don't think that's enough, is it? sad

[the annoying thing about writing is that emotion can't really be portrayed correctly; that was a rhetorical question. if I had been speaking in real life, the end wouldn't have turned up like a question, but it's improper grammar not to use a question mark so I couldn't show that by using a period instead. Damn grammar Nazi in my head, shut up for once. ugh.]

You're not necessarily transgendered if you want to be transgendered. However, if you really want to be a guy and feel like you are a guy and identify with the male gender, then you probably are transgendered. You really have to look inside yourself though, you know yourself best.

A good place to start would definitely be to see a gender therapist. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a gender therapist myself so I can't really give you any advice on how to find one. In your situation however, it sounds like a really good idea to see a gender therapist.

Shirtless Seeker

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

we've been trying. It seems like it's been hard to find a counselor I can get along with nearby that's in our insurance, let alone a gender therapist specifically. The closest thing was the last therapist I had; she's dealt with trans stuff before, apparently. 'Cept we never talked about it, that wasn't what I went there for; it never came up, and I just don't do well with therapy for my depression/anxiety/bipolar/whatever the hell is wrong with me. Therapy has only succeeded in making me want to kill things; more often than not, myself. I refused to go to my last session with her because it seemed really counterproductive, and I was kicked out totally; no more appointments until I'm willing to work with her.

'cept part of me absolutely hates myself and everything that I am and WANTS me to be miserable, and that bit is going to undermine any attempt I make at getting better. and I can't fight it, because it's me. it's part of me. I don't like it, but it's how I feel somewhere, and I can't fix it. it's gotten very good at preventing people from affecting it. I dunno. Maybe if I turn myself into something I'd rather be, I'll feel better about myself and I'll be able to move on? only everything I want is so impossible to have. I'm not going to be a famous actor/ress, musician or author. Definitely not any time soon, any way. same with getting into shape; at this point, I'm seriously considering talking to my doctor about asthma again, I can't go up a flight of stairs without losing my breath so I can't really do any cardio. The whole gender thing is, ridiculously, the only thing that seems at all in my reach right now, relatively. [wow, none of this is on topic really. I'm gonna shut up before I get myself worked into a state again. and I don't want to be spamming or anything.]

I really really want to be a dude, but psychologically I don't identify as male OR female, and biologically, I'm a chick. wahoo. I don't understand it at all and it makes me want to bash my head into things.

okay, I'm actually gonna go now instead of saying I'm going to shut up and then writing even more so bye.

Flickering Hope
TheWhirld
User Image

You're not necessarily transgendered if you want to be transgendered. However, if you really want to be a guy and feel like you are a guy and identify with the male gender, then you probably are transgendered. You really have to look inside yourself though, you know yourself best.

A good place to start would definitely be to see a gender therapist. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a gender therapist myself so I can't really give you any advice on how to find one. In your situation however, it sounds like a really good idea to see a gender therapist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff