Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

I kinda think all this stuff of sexuality is kinda messed up just because no one can accept it personally I accept everyone and I just wish people would not judge for differences then I think the world could get along hopefully cx

Anxious Friend

iShotElmo8D

Haha, I thought when you said built up you meant move on or something and stay strong... xd Yeah, I look for support wherever I can, so I don't go nuts and start to cut myself and other things. x.x I do it every now and then when I'm severely depressed.

Oh, I meant get your account built back up to what you wanted it to be smile

I honestly couldn't imagine being so depressed that I'd cut myself. I mean, I just can't imagine the feelings that go through someone in order for that to happen.

It's good that you do try to keep yourself in a supportive environment 3nodding even if it's just online. They say that every little bit helps!
npulse
iShotElmo8D

Haha, I thought when you said built up you meant move on or something and stay strong... xd Yeah, I look for support wherever I can, so I don't go nuts and start to cut myself and other things. x.x I do it every now and then when I'm severely depressed.

I honestly couldn't imagine being so depressed that I'd cut myself. I mean, I just can't imagine the feelings that go through someone in order for that to happen.

It's good that you do try to keep yourself in a supportive environment 3nodding even if it's just online. They say that every little bit helps!

Eh well...you just feel trapped. It's a hell-ish feeling... stare

Anxious Friend

iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D

Gosh D: that's just, not pleasant sounding at all. I do hope those feelings are less and less as time goes by!
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D

Gosh D: that's just, not pleasant sounding at all. I do hope those feelings are less and less as time goes by!

Well, in order for that to happen, I have to take a heavy burden off my shoulders, and that's coming out to my family - not really an easy task. Last night, dad mentioned my problem and he was close to it pretty much - I was really close to actually committing it until I talked about haircuts and how mom showed him a picture of what I want. He said "yeah but that's for boys.." so it kinda put my hopes down alot. Like a feeling when your heart sinks - just when you thought you were going to be accepted. emo ..then later on in the day, he mentioned "Why don't you look at a haircut in guys? Maybe you'll find something there." ...So I'm pretty much stuck, not knowing what to committ to him or my mom. Moms not really accepting, so...

Liberal Receiver

I spent waaay too much time on that there link XD
cx C h A r L i E xc
I kinda think all this stuff of sexuality is kinda messed up just because no one can accept it personally I accept everyone and I just wish people would not judge for differences then I think the world could get along hopefully cx

Que?

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image
Super accurate representation of what I don't actually look like. sweatdrop
Jason0690
cx C h A r L i E xc

Que?

In the beginning he pretty much meant people going against sexualities is messed up.

Liberal Receiver

iShotElmo8D
Jason0690
cx C h A r L i E xc

Que?

In the beginning he pretty much meant people going against sexualities is messed up.

That's the only part I understood ._.

Ruthless Autobiographer

9,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
logxdlady
Nice to meet you.

Yeah, my glasses tend to be crooked a lot. Many of my pictures are ruined because of it xP

I don't pass very well... well, I have reason to think so because people often refer to me as "ma'am," and even people who know I'm trans accidentally call me "she" all the time. However, there were also a lot of people who recognised what I was going for without asking me, and refer to me as male. I guess that's a plus.

Was there a specific age for you when you realised that you were male?
Yeah. I can convince myself that it was always there, but I realized it when I was thirteen, and put words to it when I was fourteen.

I'm seventeen now. My parents know, and I think they dislike it, but they're not going to stop me, which is great.
Jason0690
iShotElmo8D
Jason0690
cx C h A r L i E xc

Que?

He just wants the world to accept everyone. That's all, lol.
iShotElmo8D
Jason0690
iShotElmo8D
Jason0690
cx C h A r L i E xc

Que?

yes exactly there's no need to judge for people difference s

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
cx C h A r L i E xc
iShotElmo8D
Jason0690
iShotElmo8D
Jason0690
cx C h A r L i E xc

Que?

yes exactly there's no need to judge for people difference s

I think somebody doesn't realize that the T doesn't fit with the LGB part. The T isn't at all about who you want to ********, it's just about you, and not matching up with your body. Gender and sexuality are independent. My friend Connie is trans, and she's a lesbian. Gender=woman, sexuality=lesbian.

Anxious Friend

iShotElmo8D

Well, in order for that to happen, I have to take a heavy burden off my shoulders, and that's coming out to my family - not really an easy task. Last night, dad mentioned my problem and he was close to it pretty much - I was really close to actually committing it until I talked about haircuts and how mom showed him a picture of what I want. He said "yeah but that's for boys.." so it kinda put my hopes down alot. Like a feeling when your heart sinks - just when you thought you were going to be accepted. emo ..then later on in the day, he mentioned "Why don't you look at a haircut in guys? Maybe you'll find something there." ...So I'm pretty much stuck, not knowing what to committ to him or my mom. Moms not really accepting, so...

I'm sorry, that can't be something easy to deal with. I do not know what it's like to have to come out or want to but can't, but I did use to hide my beliefs from my family. I am very close to my grandma but she's very traditional, conservative and Christian. She wants me to date some nice white guy, keep my hair nice a long and go to church every week. I date an Asian guy, have my hair cut short and dyed red, have pretty liberal views with small bouts of conservativeness and don't really believe in God (I consider myself Agnostic). My beliefs and opinions greatly differ from hers and for a while I would hide that. After a while I decided that what I believe in and feel needs to be respected and I told her my thoughts. She was not happy with it and still isn't, but she deals with it. So I can sorta of, on a very basic level, (probably not really) understand.

Perhaps they just need to be eased into it? Like, tell them that you are wanting to change your image so you are more confident in yourself. But that you want to start small and on something not so permanent. Remind them that hair can be easily grown back, even if you have no plans on growing it back out.

I think, you should ask your dad why he said that the haircut your mom showed him was for boys but then he recommended you look at guys for a haircut style. Ask him his reasoning for contradicting himself. It would help give you a better idea and maybe help him realize that he actually is saying two different things.

EDIT: I wanted to add in here that for me to fully say I understand how you feel would be an insult to you. No one can truly understand unless they themselves are in that situation. So what I was trying to do with my first paragraph was to try and get as close as possible that I can to a situation like yours to be able to attempt to understand the pain it can put a person though when they must pretend to be someone they are not.

I wasn't trying to make your situation seem equal to mine, because it surely is not. My thing with my grandma can not even touch the beginnings of yours. So I truly wasn't attempting to insult gonk I hope you didn't take it that way.

Hallowed Wench

User Image

Anyone else get down and feel kind of like this... Self esteem is kind of low, le sigh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff