Mewling Lover

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Oblivion Blades
x_Magnus Bane_x
Oblivion Blades
According to mom, her child isn't allowed to grow facial hair.

Excuse me, I'm going to forward this message to my skin urgently, because I'm currently pretty badly in need of a shave.

Mood: crap.
wait... is she against you shaving or against you growing it out? because if it's that later then she can't really control what your body does >>

I was scrubbing about my face while watching TV and thought aloud that I'd really need a shave for the semibeard I'm sprouting, I have FUR on my face - the hair's not thick and black yet, but it sure as heck is growing a lot more than it used to, so I have a discoloured, soft and long stubble right now. To which she commented, "MY CHILD CANNOT GROW A BEARD. DON'T TALK ABOUT THIS."

She's doing a damn good job at being bigoted. I need to constantly avoid every subject to do with my transition, because she can't take it, and starts whining. She's even dubbed my voice breaking into "normal female low voice" instead of accepting it's actually changing, and lets me know by everything she comments to it that I could just as well be pretending everything about it changing for attention.

I can take this for a couple days per year, but I've been stuck here for a month now and putting up with her denial is really starting to take a toll.
* nods and pats* it's your body, if you need to just do it, thats what i do

Lonely Saint

x_Magnus Bane_x
Oblivion Blades
x_Magnus Bane_x
Oblivion Blades

Excuse me, I'm going to forward this message to my skin urgently, because I'm currently pretty badly in need of a shave.

wait... is she against you shaving or against you growing it out? because if it's that later then she can't really control what your body does >>

I was scrubbing about my face while watching TV and thought aloud that I'd really need a shave for the semibeard I'm sprouting, I have FUR on my face - the hair's not thick and black yet, but it sure as heck is growing a lot more than it used to, so I have a discoloured, soft and long stubble right now. To which she commented, "MY CHILD CANNOT GROW A BEARD. DON'T TALK ABOUT THIS."

She's doing a damn good job at being bigoted. I need to constantly avoid every subject to do with my transition, because she can't take it, and starts whining. She's even dubbed my voice breaking into "normal female low voice" instead of accepting it's actually changing, and lets me know by everything she comments to it that I could just as well be pretending everything about it changing for attention.

I can take this for a couple days per year, but I've been stuck here for a month now and putting up with her denial is really starting to take a toll.
* nods and pats* it's your body, if you need to just do it, thats what i do

As it is, there's only one blade here and it's used. gonk I need to shave above my lip already since the hair there is actually visible by now, so I had to use that blade once in order to be able to present myself in public... after that, I really don't want to know where it's been.
I'll try to get home tomorrow by any means available, I'm done with this s**t here.
blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Ruthless Autobiographer

9,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
iShotElmo8D
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

???????
Oblivion Blades
x_Magnus Bane_x
Oblivion Blades

Exactly why I didn't talk to my mother for a year. Get out of there however you can.
As some of you may remember, I had to put together a fake gallery curation for one of my classes this semester (I asked for some trans art suggestions a month or so ago).
Well, presentation was yesterday, ******** anxiety like nobody's business, but I thought it went ok. My teacher does a lot of work with/for the Equality Forum, and works with various LGBT groups in the city (as well as having ******** connections with I swear every member of the LGBT community in Philly and San Fran).
So, I got an e-mail from him today, and s**t man, I'm freaking out.

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that you *rocked* your final project - excellent work! I'm really impressed - and I must say proud - to see how you stepped it up with this project, and you gave a great presentation. If you're at all interested, I think you should consider doing some more research into refining this and potentially presenting it as a curatorial proposal - to an independent gallery or to somewhere like the William Way Community Center. I'd be happy to advise you on this, if you decide to do it.

Also, the Equality Forum is having a big LGBT multi-day event in Philly next thursday through sunday, and he totally hooked me up with a job shooting like 3-4 events.

I feel so awesome right now, you guys. And I'm going to go make some chicken nachos. ******** YEAH. emotion_dealwithit

Lonely Saint

Corrupted Coco

I'm lucky that it's only temporary due to my dog's post-surgery concerns. If I can, I'll leave today, I'm done with this. If not, well, bad luck, I'll get back next week.
Exactly why I didn't talk to my mother for a year. Get out of there however you can.

edit: I hate hunting down broken BBCode, lol
Dandrogyny
On the note of chest surgery, I am going to return to work sometime within the next few weeks. My doctor approved me and has given me a clean bill of health! After I pay off my few debts and change my name (which I'm going to have to pay for now unfortunately since I'm working so soon) I'm going to start saving for chest surgery. If I account for the cost of my bills & testosterone, it will take approximately 11 months. That's not too bad. :'3 I will save up about 10 grand. The surgery itself costs 9,000. I need to account for travel, food, a motel room for 2 weeks, and losing 2 weeks of pay. My BF will come too and he's chipping in for travel costs.

It's gonna be hard to work after surgery and I hope 2 weeks is enough time after keyhole. I work with my arms ALL DAY at work. It's mild industrial labor. I will have to talk to the surgeon about it. If I'll just be a little sore I can handle it but I don't want to tear anything. I'm lifting 30-45 lb tubs at chest level constantly at work. It requires pretty decent upper body strength and a hell of a lot of stamina.

Should be back on testosterone by June at the latest.
heart I'm very happy. I don't know when I'm starting work yet, though. The HR manager is in New York until the 30th.
--Pops in--

I'm so excited for you!

--Pops out--

Dapper Phantom

Sparky the Panda
Dandrogyny
On the note of chest surgery, I am going to return to work sometime within the next few weeks. My doctor approved me and has given me a clean bill of health! After I pay off my few debts and change my name (which I'm going to have to pay for now unfortunately since I'm working so soon) I'm going to start saving for chest surgery. If I account for the cost of my bills & testosterone, it will take approximately 11 months. That's not too bad. :'3 I will save up about 10 grand. The surgery itself costs 9,000. I need to account for travel, food, a motel room for 2 weeks, and losing 2 weeks of pay. My BF will come too and he's chipping in for travel costs.

It's gonna be hard to work after surgery and I hope 2 weeks is enough time after keyhole. I work with my arms ALL DAY at work. It's mild industrial labor. I will have to talk to the surgeon about it. If I'll just be a little sore I can handle it but I don't want to tear anything. I'm lifting 30-45 lb tubs at chest level constantly at work. It requires pretty decent upper body strength and a hell of a lot of stamina.

Should be back on testosterone by June at the latest.
heart I'm very happy. I don't know when I'm starting work yet, though. The HR manager is in New York until the 30th.
--Pops in--

I'm so excited for you!

--Pops out--
Thanks. I also picked out a new binder so the next year is bearable rather than wearing my uncomfortable binder that is really ugly 'cos it's all stretched out.

Elder

Track01_Rebuild
As some of you may remember, I had to put together a fake gallery curation for one of my classes this semester (I asked for some trans art suggestions a month or so ago).
Well, presentation was yesterday, ******** anxiety like nobody's business, but I thought it went ok. My teacher does a lot of work with/for the Equality Forum, and works with various LGBT groups in the city (as well as having ******** connections with I swear every member of the LGBT community in Philly and San Fran).

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that you *rocked* your final project - excellent work! I'm really impressed - and I must say proud - to see how you stepped it up with this project, and you gave a great presentation. If you're at all interested, I think you should consider doing some more research into refining this and potentially presenting it as a curatorial proposal - to an independent gallery or to somewhere like the William Way Community Center. I'd be happy to advise you on this, if you decide to do it.

Also, the Equality Forum is having a big LGBT multi-day event in Philly next thursday through sunday, and he totally hooked me up with a job shooting like 3-4 events.

I feel so awesome right now, you guys. And I'm going to go make some chicken nachos. ******** YEAH. emotion_dealwithit
Lol. Congrats and I hope you post some/all of it on the internet to share with us. 3nodding
[Q]
Track01_Rebuild

Quote:

Lol. Congrats and I hope you post some/all of it on the internet to share with us. 3nodding

Can you post powerpoint presentations anywhere online?

Elder

Track01_Rebuild

Can you post powerpoint presentations anywhere online?
Probably just give a downloadable file to dropbox. But I don't know of any place that will like, actually show the powerpoint slide by slide or something.

Dapper Phantom

Google Docs? I could be wrong.

Dapper Phantom

I think you guys need to see this.

Warning: Triggering, traumatic story about assault of a transgender person.

http://weeaboo-stories.tumblr.com/post/21338887493/youre-not-a-real-yaoi-tw-transphobia

My BF is so pissed after we read this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces