Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Heroic Mage

I think my son turned in some weird direction, I'm getting back pains when he moves. gonk

We're finally done with our prenatal classes, now we just have to finish setting up his stuff, pick a hospital and pediatrician.

Does anyone know if the pediatrician needs to have admitting privileges at the hospital where baby boy will be born?

(We had a pediatrician recommended to us...and the reviews are fantastic, even on the insurance website...but he has privileges at Hospital A, and we're looking at having Troll Baby at Hospital B.)
Diet Poison
I think my son turned in some weird direction, I'm getting back pains when he moves. gonk

We're finally done with our prenatal classes, now we just have to finish setting up his stuff, pick a hospital and pediatrician.

Does anyone know if the pediatrician needs to have admitting privileges at the hospital where baby boy will be born?

(We had a pediatrician recommended to us...and the reviews are fantastic, even on the insurance website...but he has privileges at Hospital A, and we're looking at having Troll Baby at Hospital B.)

If your Pediatrician doesn't have anything to do with the birthing, then no, if they do, then you may need to check with the hospital.

Heroic Mage

Sammiifayse

If your Pediatrician doesn't have anything to do with the birthing, then no, if they do, then you may need to check with the hospital.

Well, they will call him/her down to look at the baby before he's discharged, but that's all the interaction that the hospital will really have with them.
Diet Poison
Sammiifayse

Well, they will call him/her down to look at the baby before he's discharged, but that's all the interaction that the hospital will really have with them.

I'd check with the hospital, just to be sure. That said, you initial pediatric Dr doesn't have to be the one you stick with. So if you need to just have one for the discharge, and then go to the one you want afterwards, you'd probably be ok.

Feral Kitten

Kristy_098
Shadowed Prayer
She is adorable smile Congrats on a successful delivery heart

Thank you!!

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
This is a bit TMI

So about a month ago I thought that I had lost my plug because I had a bit of spotting when I was about 32 weeks and got checked out and everything was fine. I just assumed it was my plug. But my plug is now GONE as of this morning. I go to wipe and away comes the booger looking thing. It was HUGE so I bet that is all or close to all of it. I know that the plug doesn't have anything to do with labor or when it will start but at least I know my body is working right.

I hope that labor starts soon though.

Shameless Consumer

Diet Poison

If for whatever reason your baby ends up in the NICU, he'll likely have to be seen by a doctor who has privileges. Other than that, whatever doctor happens to be around can take a look before you get discharged, just tell them that you'll be seeing another pediatrician.

Heroic Mage

Shima Shinji
If for whatever reason your baby ends up in the NICU, he'll likely have to be seen by a doctor who has privileges. Other than that, whatever doctor happens to be around can take a look before you get discharged, just tell them that you'll be seeing another pediatrician.

Okay, that makes me feel better about it, thanks!

I'm just completely clueless on how the pediatrician thing works.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch
Sammiifayse
The Fangorn Witch

Yikes, must have seen some pretty horrid stuff. ):

I've seen my share. Enough so I have a healthy respect for speed limits & general road rules.
I'm not sure how wide the news on it went, but if you heard of the catastrophic bushfires in Australia a few years ago? I was fighting those. I was 17 at the time. It was hilarious, seasoned firefighters from that state weren't familiar with a technique we needed to fight those fires. So blokes old enough to be my father (or grandfather in some cases) were having to take orders from a 17yro girl who they thought could barely hold a hose (right up until I proved I could stand my own).

Wow, that's amazing. I bet you had no problem ordering those men and earning their respect in the process. That image made me smile.

I was a trainer in my brigade at the time, so it was fairly easy for me.
I've always had me telling people that a "young lady" shouldn't be doing "that" where that can be define as anything. I've spent my life showing people exactly what this "young lady" can do (If you can't tell, I'm a bit of a Tom). xDD

And a tough young tomboy you are! xD
I was really only a tomboy when I was younger. I do my own thing now, but I'm certainly not as tough as you. Just a bookworm/musical lover. sweatdrop
Ok i have a Question my period is a week late and i know im not Pregnant i do have pcos but i have been getting my period every 33 days for the past few years should i be worried i do see my gyno tomorrow!

Feral Kitten

Crunchy Spice

The bumper thing I showed you is good for years and can be used many ways. Want the baby in their own toddler bed? Use the bumps as a railing on a twin size bed to keep them safe, then you just remove them when they are old enough. No buing extra beds, extra sheets, etc. I'm all about multi-purpose items for money saving. 3nodding

We got a convertible crib for the same reason! But she hasn't really been in it, I got to used to co-sleeping with her in the hospital that I couldn't even got one night without her when we got home.
The Fangorn Witch

And a tough young tomboy you are! xD
I was really only a tomboy when I was younger. I do my own thing now, but I'm certainly not as tough as you. Just a bookworm/musical lover. sweatdrop

I've softened over the years. I'm a huge book worm & spend most of my days lately knitting xD
I swear i have the best mom ever heart

She is looking into doing daycare from our house (she used to do it while we lived in Phoenix when i was younger too) and she said she would watch the baby for free so i can go to school biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff