Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Whelp i am going to the hospital tonight to get checked out cause twice now i have had horrible like sharp pain cramps. It is really freaking me out and my mom finally understands my concerns. I hope everything goes okay sad I am really scared now.
I love it when Emmett falls asleep in my arms just while we're sitting around, not after a screaming match. It happens less and less these days.
Kristy_098
Whelp i am going to the hospital tonight to get checked out cause twice now i have had horrible like sharp pain cramps. It is really freaking me out and my mom finally understands my concerns. I hope everything goes okay sad I am really scared now.

Thinking of you
Sammiifayse
Kristy_098

Thinking of you

Thanks my mom is taking me when she gets home after we eat dinner. And they better do something cause my hospital ******** sucks and tend to just send you home and say go see your doctor.
Kristy_098
Sammiifayse
Kristy_098

Thinking of you

Thanks my mom is taking me when she gets home after we eat dinner. And they better do something cause my hospital ******** sucks and tend to just send you home and say go see your doctor.

Being pregnant, they should look into it more. I hope they do!
Sammiifayse
Kristy_098
Sammiifayse
Kristy_098

Thinking of you

I will refuse to leave the hospital until they do. I don't care how they look into it but they will see if me and this baby are okay

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
So...the crib I was given drops down on one side, can I still use it safely? I do NOT have the money to buy a new one! D:
It's HUGE and it drops down into a toddler bed for later years.

Will this be safe for me to use for Lucca? Or should IJust suck it up and buy a new one? :/

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
Kristy_098
Sammiifayse
Kristy_098
Sammiifayse
Kristy_098

Thinking of you

I will refuse to leave the hospital until they do. I don't care how they look into it but they will see if me and this baby are okay

Keep us updated dear, hope all is okay

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Sae Insanity
So...the crib I was given drops down on one side, can I still use it safely? I do NOT have the money to buy a new one! D:

Will this be safe for me to use for Lucca? Or should IJust suck it up and buy a new one? :/

If nothing else, I'm sure you could nail it? safely. You might be able to google safe ways to use it if you find out it isn't.

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
Digital Fiend
Sae Insanity

If nothing else, I'm sure you could nail it? safely. You might be able to google safe ways to use it if you find out it isn't.

The people who gave it to me don't know the brand or anything, they can't remember...
They used it for their son, and he's only 3 now.
Maybe I'm being paranoid...I don't know. We also don't have the instructions so we're sort of blindly putting it together... If we get it together and it doesn't seem stable, I won't use it.

As for nails...hmmm I haven't thought of that. I'll see how it looks once it's put together tomorrow, and post a pic and see what you guys think.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mightelove
The Fetish Faerie
Mightelove
Burning Maefire
Also
A bit of TMI here

But my boobs went from a C last month
to nearly a DD and are still growing
They hurt and are sore as all get out. Which I know is normal
But, sometimes they leak. It's not a milky color. More like just a clear color.

uh, is this normal? At all?

Very normal. It is colostrum. Buy some nursing pads.

There is such a wide range of normal for pregnancy. I didn't leak at all while pregnant, others leak oodles while pregnant.

Nutty question but what exactly are nursing pads?

I may have called them the wrong thing. They are circular pads that you slide in between your bra and n****e to soak up any leakage.

Nursing pads

Oh, that's nifty! I am surprised I haven't read about that yet haha!

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Sae Insanity

The people who gave it to me don't know the brand or anything, they can't remember...
Maybe I'm being paranoid...I don't know. We also don't have the instructions so we're sort of blindly putting it together... If we get it together and it doesn't seem stable, I won't use it.

As for nails...hmmm I haven't thought of that. I'll see how it looks once it's put together tomorrow, and post a pic and see what you guys think.

If you blindly put together a drop crib, then I would suggest getting a new one. confused
Not only are those recalled every 5 seconds.. blindly putting together a place for your child to sleep?

If they couldn't of found instructions, they shouldn't have sold it...

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
Rachuul
Sae Insanity

If you blindly put together a drop crib, then I would suggest getting a new one. confused
Not only are those recalled every 5 seconds.. blindly putting together a place for your child to sleep?

If they couldn't of found instructions, they shouldn't have sold it...

It was given to me by a family member, and I wasn't able to see them before they had to go back home to show me how to put it together.

Stores aren't even allowed to sell drop side cribs anymore, but I really don't think we're going to be able to afford a new one for a good while... Someone is coming over to help me put it together tomorrow, and if I feel that it's not sturdy enough, then I'll just have to tell my boyfriend I'm not comfortable using it. I wouldn't use it if I don't htink it's put togethr right or not sturdy.

Do you guys have any suggestions on where to buy a crib, or what kind?

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Sae Insanity

It was given to me by a family member, and I wasn't able to see them before they had to go back home to show me how to put it together.

Stores aren't even allowed to sell drop side cribs anymore, but I really don't think we're going to be able to afford a new one for a good while... Someone is coming over to help me put it together tomorrow, and if I feel that it's not sturdy enough, then I'll just have to tell my boyfriend I'm not comfortable using it. I wouldn't use it if I don't htink it's put togethr right or not sturdy.

Do you guys have any suggestions on where to buy a crib, or what kind?

If you can't afford a proper crib, a pack n play works great until you can. Ours was.. like 70? New?
And those last forever.
You could probably even find a less expensive one, for until you can get a nice crib.

Our crib was close to 400$. But my grandmother used it. I suggest checking out Amazon, there you can read reviews and such, and it wont be as pricey as a big store chain.

Shameless Consumer

Sae Insanity

Is it a drop-side crib where you can put the side up and down whenever, or does it convert to a toddler bed? If it's a drop-side crib, those are illegal to sell now because they're so dangerous. They've been pulled off the market entirely. Plus, it being used and you not having any instructions makes it a lot more dangerous, you don't know what treatment it's been through in the past and you have no way of knowing for sure if the side-dropping mechanism is sturdy enough to hold a child.

I'd toss it entirely, make some calls around to thrift stores and see if they can put you on some sort of wish list for a crib, or even a bassinet or pack n play.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff