Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Soraanki
Call Me Stephanie
I don't think I get to keep this baby either...
I'm sorry love, Personally I believe that everything happens for a reason.

I know you've been ttc for awhile, but perhaps it would be beneficial for not to test so early? Isn't it true that most miscarriages happen normally before the woman knows if she's pregnant or not? I feel like if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't want to test at all, until I was about 6 weeks (Still a bit early, but it was when I found out this time). I feel like just because we have tests that can tell us when we are 4 weeks pregnant...doesn't mean we should always use them.

I'm sure you will get your healthy baby soon. If it's not this one, then it's better that it isn't born at least in my mind. Because if a miscarriage happens, its normally for good reason chromosome and health wise.

I'm so sorry sad I tested when i was 7 days late. I'm not even sure if i will make it cause of the stupid stomach cramps. Last night i had one sooo painful. I was for sure something was going wrong i got up and went to the bathroom and after a minute or so it passed. Haven't had one as painful since. I really hope it's just a faulty test or something for you though sad

4,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Call Me Stephanie

I guess I get to wait for the bleeding to start.

I'm not trying to give you any false hope here, but when I took my first test it was very faint and of course I Googled faint, positive pregnancy tests. I stumbled on an article that was really interesting - it said not to test so frequently, because the tests could become lighter and cause worry. I really wish I could find it again. It had all kinds of studies and such sourced at the bottom.

Has this situation happened with a previous miscarriage?

I hope it's a fluke.

4,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Soraanki

I know you've been ttc for awhile, but perhaps it would be beneficial for not to test so early? Isn't it true that most miscarriages happen normally before the woman knows if she's pregnant or not? I feel like if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't want to test at all, until I was about 6 weeks (Still a bit early, but it was when I found out this time). I feel like just because we have tests that can tell us when we are 4 weeks pregnant...doesn't mean we should always use them.

I have to say, I disagree with the bit that I bolded. I'm not attempting to attack you or anything, but I want to post a differing point of view.
I think a woman should test as soon as she misses a period or suspects she might be pregnant. It's essential to receive prenatal care as soon as possible, and a woman may be high risk without being aware of it and find out after a screening of her medical history. She could be taking medication that isn't recommended during pregnancy or causes birth defects in that crucial first trimester (I was taking Paxil) or have lifestyle habits that would be detrimental to the baby and need to be changed immediately. Also, if you miss a period and aren't pregnant, I think it's important to know that too, since sometimes a missed period can be a sign of a serious health problem (not always, obviously, and not even usually, but sometimes it does happen).
That's just my two cents. smile I'd love to know how others feel.

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
Kristy_098

I'm so sorry sad I tested when i was 7 days late. I'm not even sure if i will make it cause of the stupid stomach cramps. Last night i had one sooo painful. I was for sure something was going wrong i got up and went to the bathroom and after a minute or so it passed. Haven't had one as painful since. I really hope it's just a faulty test or something for you though sad
I had those too. My doctor said they were 'growing' pains.
Soraanki
Kristy_098

Ugh last night though i swore i felt like i was going to die. I wasn't in tears and it wasn't bad enough that i couldn't walk cause i got out of bed and walked up the stairs to the bathroom but damn did it hurt. And when i get my cramps walking around makes them so much worse. If i sit down they stay mild if i walk around they start to get worse sad

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
Kristy_098
Soraanki
Kristy_098

Ugh last night though i swore i felt like i was going to die. I wasn't in tears and it wasn't bad enough that i couldn't walk cause i got out of bed and walked up the stairs to the bathroom but damn did it hurt. And when i get my cramps walking around makes them so much worse. If i sit down they stay mild if i walk around they start to get worse sad
Aww I'm sorry, Try laying on your left side, and make sure that you are hydrated. Keeping hydrated is my biggest problem, and I was told dehydration was a major aspect in my cramping early on.

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
Stark Raveling Mad

I have to say, I disagree with the bit that I bolded. I'm not attempting to attack you or anything, but I want to post a differing point of view.
I think a woman should test as soon as she misses a period or suspects she might be pregnant. It's essential to receive prenatal care as soon as possible, and a woman may be high risk without being aware of it and find out after a screening of her medical history. She could be taking medication that isn't recommended during pregnancy or causes birth defects in that crucial first trimester (I was taking Paxil) or have lifestyle habits that would be detrimental to the baby and need to be changed immediately. Also, if you miss a period and aren't pregnant, I think it's important to know that too, since sometimes a missed period can be a sign of a serious health problem (not always, obviously, and not even usually, but sometimes it does happen).
I'm not feeling attacked. However, if a person knows that they are prone to miscarrying, and are actively TTC-they should be doing all the healthy things and should have already gone and spoken with their practitioner or midwife about the best way to do so.

I'm talking about the tests that test up to four days before a missed period mostly. The first response and what not. Many women I know end up going through series of depressive states because they tested positive on a first response, and then ended up miscarrying due to various reasons. Reasons that they could not have helped granted-but they still miscarry none the less. Miscarriage rates are rather high in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy. Even higher in the first 5 weeks. Personally (and I've had a miscarriage before like I've described, where I found out at 4 weeks) I was happy to find out I was 6 weeks along...and I took a test the day after I missed my period. (I was going to get a puppy, felt off, needless to say no new puppy for me)

Not to say that people should do things a specific way, gotta do what works for you.
Soraanki

I drink so much water but i know when i get my period i usually cramp really really bad to the point where i am in tears. So i guess it's not as bad but it really gets frustrating. I just wish they would go away for a little bit and give me stomach a break. I feel like they are constant for a good 75% of the day. sad

They just worry me although i try so hard not to let it worry me.

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
Kristy_098

I drink so much water but i know when i get my period i usually cramp really really bad to the point where i am in tears. So i guess it's not as bad but it really gets frustrating. I just wish they would go away for a little bit and give me stomach a break. I feel like they are constant for a good 75% of the day. sad

Well, try not to stress out to badly about it. When you go in for your prenatal care make sure you mention it. Unfortunately, this early if you are to miscarry there isn't much they can do. Lots of rest, water, and a good amount of Tylenol can help, and if you need to talk I'm online quite a bit. Not so much as others-but as much as I can be with work and school.
Soraanki
Kristy_098

Well, try not to stress out to badly about it. When you go in for your prenatal care make sure you mention it. Unfortunately, this early if you are to miscarry there isn't much they can do. Lots of rest, water, and a good amount of Tylenol can help, and if you need to talk I'm online quite a bit. Not so much as others-but as much as I can be with work and school.

Thanks i just want everything to be okay. My nausea has calmed down a bit (gets bad at night now oddly) but i still have very tender boobs and i pee prob 2-3 times an hour xD I just hope everything works out. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow (according to an online pregnancy calculator)

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
Call Me Stephanie
Did you maybe try a different test?

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Stephanie: Instead of keep going through this why HAVEN'T you gone to the doctors? Maybe there is a reason?
Maybe everything is fine. A blood test speaks more words than a pee stick.

Is there chances your blood types aren't working for a baby?

I am sorry for your loss(es?) , but you really should take some initiate and go see an OB... perhaps nothing is wrong and you have a bunch of wonky tests?
My tests with Travis were the same way, and I had a healthy baby.
Pandella
For those mommas who tore and had stitches; when healing did you ever feel like something was pinched? I feel like somewhere my skin is being pinched.

TMI:
I have this one scar that hurts if you touch it, and a strange little bubble of skin at the entrance to my v****a, but that's about it.
How long ago were you stitched up?
Aeronexell
thank you everyone I do think it might be yeast infection so I'm going to take her to the dr.

Another thing do you guys think 5 months is too early to be feeding kids rice/oatmeal?

A lot of the products here are designed to be started at 4mo. I'm planning to start my son on it next week (He's 4mo on the 26th) if our Child Health Nurse approves.
Stark Raveling Mad
Soraanki

I happen to agree with you. I hadn't even missed a period yet when I took mine. I'd started feeling really nauseous and my in-laws basically bullied me into taking one. I was only 3wks when I found out. Good thing to. In the 2wks prior, I'd been to a wedding where we'd drunk a lot, and on a celebration cruise with my partner where we drank a fair bit as well (behaviour that is out of the ordinary for me, but still would affect the fetus). Especially coming up to Christmas, it was essential that I found out when I did, otherwise I could have seriously jeopardised Emmett's early development. I'm anemic too, so that was something else I had to worry about, 'cause the last thing I needed was to start fainting left, right and centre because my iron levels were low.
Plus when you factor in that I was losing weight faster than I was putting it on in my first trimester, finding out early was essential for mine and Emmett's health.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff