Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 5558 5559 5560 > >> >>> »|

Beloved Firestarter

5,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
All the days of my week,
I write the name I dare not speak.
The boy with the cornflower hair,
My beloved, and my despair.
~Helga G. Pataki

*Hugs Sid*

I'm going to try to go all natural for my child's birth. I have two Aunts who both gave birth close to one another. One got the epidural and the other did not. Auntie Epidural's child ended up talking and walking well after Auntie Natural's child. I'm not sure if the epidural had anything to do with it, but I found it rather odd especially since Auntie Epidural's first child was natural and she ended up walking and talking much sooner than her second child. =/ Meh. I'm going to try my hardest not to get an epidural...plus a large needle in my spine doesn't sound pleasant. *Fears the needles*
Chombi : wow thanks for telling me *gulp* needed to hear it though and would only feel comfortable asking you ladies these questions anyway.

wow that is horrible that he did it without needing to.

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
I really don't want an epidural either.
I've heard to many horror stories about them, and I don't want to risk it.

If cave woman could give birth, then so can I~

Mythical Superfan

26,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Adorably awkward-Once you get into the 8th centimeter (which you cant have the epideral at 9 or 10 I think it was, they wont let you) it starts to feel pretty bad and once you get it when you are in that much pain the needle compaired to the cramps are nothing. So every time i have a baby I usually wait and see how bad I feel and then ask.

Also I dont think the epideral was the reason the other baby started to walk and talk earlier, all children grow in different ways some grow faster then others.

Me and my mother had our kids a few months appart but they are both seven, hers started to walk and crawl earlier then mine, hers started to talk earlier then mine, but he slowly progressed at his own pace and can play very advanced video games compaired to my little sister who cant even figure out a dora the explorer game.

I wish you luck on your natural birth when you have it though, it takes a strong person to bare through that kinda pain.
Holy crap O.o I am NOT used to seeing this thread move so quickly...

Okay, so for my son...he has had one open heart surgery already when he was 16 days old. His next one will be at 6 months and his last at 2 years. They give me a 70% chance he will live past 2 and most people with his heart condition make it to about 25-30 years old. I don't believe it though. My sons going to live till he's 80 and missing all his teeth smile

Placenta Ripping- It was the most PAINFUL thing in the world. And, it wasn't just all at once. It was slow and torturing. I figure from about 16 weeks it started. Which is why I was in so much pain and bleeding all the time. By the time I gave birth 5 weeks early, the placenta was just a lump of bloody crap. It was nasty.

My sons been threw so much. He gets blood taken once a day every day from a vein in his head, he's had surgery, he's had blood transfusions, he gets needles twice a day, he can't digest stuff, his liver and digestive system don't function properly, he's had over 30 ultrasounds, over 100 echo's, been hooked up to wires 95% of his life...it's insane the amount he's been through.

Mythical Superfan

26,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
suitehannah
Chombi : wow thanks for telling me *gulp* needed to hear it though and would only feel comfortable asking you ladies these questions anyway.

wow that is horrible that he did it without needing to.
yeah i couldnt see over my belly so I rely on my bf to give me the facts of what happened that day. Some doctors will do it without needing to because its their proceadure, you should ask your doctor about it and if its madatory to get an Episiotomy at the hospital you will be going to.
Chombi : okay i have written them down to ask him when I see him on tuesday. Yes I am still having to go to the doctor once a week there still mointoring my blood pressure.

Mythical Superfan

26,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
xoxoPink Supremexoxo
Holy crap O.o I am NOT used to seeing this thread move so quickly...

Okay, so for my son...he has had one open heart surgery already when he was 16 days old. His next one will be at 6 months and his last at 2 years. They give me a 70% chance he will live past 2 and most people with his heart condition make it to about 25-30 years old. I don't believe it though. My sons going to live till he's 80 and missing all his teeth smile

Placenta Ripping- It was the most PAINFUL thing in the world. And, it wasn't just all at once. It was slow and torturing. I figure from about 16 weeks it started. Which is why I was in so much pain and bleeding all the time. By the time I gave birth 5 weeks early, the placenta was just a lump of bloody crap. It was nasty.

My sons been threw so much. He gets blood taken once a day every day from a vein in his head, he's had surgery, he's had blood transfusions, he gets needles twice a day, he can't digest stuff, his liver and digestive system don't function properly, he's had over 30 ultrasounds, over 100 echo's, been hooked up to wires 95% of his life...it's insane the amount he's been through.
My dad had a good friend who wasnt supposed to live because he had a bad heart, they said it was a miracle that he lived passed the age he did live. You wanna know how long he lived? He lived a very very long life, and a happy life. Died at the age of 60 ish and he carved awesome sculptures like rocking horses and doll houses for kids. He was an awesome person. So its very likely your son could live until he is a ripe old age, just take life as it comes and make him the happiest baby ever, ^^
Chombi - I know Jeffrey's already a miracle baby.
1. I was not supposed to be able to get pregnant
2. My body was not supposed to be able to handle pregnancy if in a RARE case I did get pregnant.
3. If they had found his defect they would've pressured me to abort, not saying I would, but what if?
4. With his heart condition, if he had been born at 40 weeks he would've died. Thank GOD my placenta tore and made me deliver early!
5. He's gone through a surgery when he was only 5 pounds. They were so scared to do it.

He is a MAJOR fighter.
Pink : yeah when we all get to chatting it goes very fast sometimes.

Yes jeffery is definatly a miracle baby and a little fighter. heart

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goodnight ladies need to get some sleep talk to you all tomorrow.

Mythical Superfan

26,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
xoxoPink Supremexoxo
Chombi - I know Jeffrey's already a miracle baby.
1. I was not supposed to be able to get pregnant
2. My body was not supposed to be able to handle pregnancy if in a RARE case I did get pregnant.
3. If they had found his defect they would've pressured me to abort, not saying I would, but what if?
4. With his heart condition, if he had been born at 40 weeks he would've died. Thank GOD my placenta tore and made me deliver early!
5. He's gone through a surgery when he was only 5 pounds. They were so scared to do it.

He is a MAJOR fighter.
Wow it looks like everything even the placenta tearing was in very good timing. <333 Im not sure if I would abort a baby with a heart condition either. I would be very conflicted.

Mythical Superfan

26,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
gnight soon have a nice sleep.

Beloved Firestarter

5,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
All the days of my week,
~Helga G. Pataki

Pink, That's some heavy stuff going on with your son. You're a strong mother to be able to handle all that. I don't think I'd be able to handle it.

I've actually told my husband before that if we had a severely special needs child that I'd want to give him or her up for adoption. I have a special needs Great Uncle and I just don't believe I could raise such a child. Not to mention I worked in a home for special need clients and I could barely deal with all that. Of course my husband said he'd divorce me if it came down to it, but that's just how strongly I feel about it when it comes to myself. [I don't mean to offend anyone, just merely expressing how I'm not fit for special needs children].

One of my main concerns during labor...is pooping in front of everyone. I'm a shy pooper. I don't like to "drop the kids off at the pool" if I even think someone can hear "them screaming". <_<; I'm like Elliot from Scrubs! I don't like people hanging outside the bathroom door trying to talk to me. So poo'ing in front of an audience is a huge concern of mine.
Night Chombi!

I was told if I get pregnant again I'd be at high risk for having another baby with his heart disease and that I could abort if they found out the baby had it. Um...no...

If I *willingly* got pregnant, knowing I'm at high risk for this defect...that's my choice, and my fault if I have another one. I can't abort it just because it's not perfect...but that's obviously IMO.

EDIT Adorably Awkward -

Ya...it's extremely scary what I have to deal with. Unfortunately, I'm not completely strong...I'm going through MASSIVE PPD, and anxiety. I LOOK at a hospital and I start hyperventilating and crying to the point I throw up...I'm getting some help for it though thank goodness.

I never thought I could handle it either...but when it's your own child? It's way different. Plus, he is fine except for his heart. Other than that he's a perfectly normal little baby and he is SO aborable I couldn't imagine not having him in my life.

As for pooping during labor, I was terrified too! I thought I did, and I was like "Meh, I just pooped...he's reaching inside my v****a, don't think he cares about poop" but I didn't...it felt like it though and I didnt care

Mythical Superfan

26,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Adorably Awkward
User Image
All the days of my week,
~Helga G. Pataki

Pink, That's some heavy stuff going on with your son. You're a strong mother to be able to handle all that. I don't think I'd be able to handle it.

I've actually told my husband before that if we had a severely special needs child that I'd want to give him or her up for adoption. I have a special needs Great Uncle and I just don't believe I could raise such a child. Not to mention I worked in a home for special need clients and I could barely deal with all that. Of course my husband said he'd divorce me if it came down to it, but that's just how strongly I feel about it when it comes to myself. [I don't mean to offend anyone, just merely expressing how I'm not fit for special needs children].

One of my main concerns during labor...is pooping in front of everyone. I'm a shy pooper. I don't like to "drop the kids off at the pool" if I even think someone can hear "them screaming". <_<; I'm like Elliot from Scrubs! I don't like people hanging outside the bathroom door trying to talk to me. So poo'ing in front of an audience is a huge concern of mine.
You can request an enima they insert it into you before labore and you poo before having the baby so you dont poo during. My sister got it though and she said they stuffed a gallon of water into her and it was a awkward experience.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff