Welcome to Gaia! ::

Murder Meth Princess
Muleo is Romeo
I know this may not be the place to post, but:

Let's say your significant other has been cheating on you through out the entire relationship. How would you deal with this?

we dealt with it by breaking up and seeing if other people was what we needed in our relationship. If you can't have a completely open and truthful relationship, you deserve better. if you feel like after a while that you can start over with a completely honest relationship, then try again. but once that trust is broken, you probably shouldn't be with someone who is willing to hurt you; think of the long run.
I wasn't necessarily with him, but we were very close. I want to move on form him. It hurts being lied to for over 3 years.
Muleo is Romeo
Murder Meth Princess
Muleo is Romeo
I know this may not be the place to post, but:

Let's say your significant other has been cheating on you through out the entire relationship. How would you deal with this?

we dealt with it by breaking up and seeing if other people was what we needed in our relationship. If you can't have a completely open and truthful relationship, you deserve better. if you feel like after a while that you can start over with a completely honest relationship, then try again. but once that trust is broken, you probably shouldn't be with someone who is willing to hurt you; think of the long run.
I wasn't necessarily with him, but we were very close. I want to move on form him. It hurts being lied to for over 3 years.

It does hurt, and it will hurt. But it will get better and I know that's cliche but literally just cut off all forms of communication. If it's an LDR, it should be relatively easy to. If he tries to contact you, just don't speak back. It will hurt. It will. But you are strong and you will move on - addressing the problem is the first step and you are showing that you are strong by willing to look for suggestions on this. I hate the "plenty of fish in the sea" cliche, but I feel like it applies here. and it may take a while for you to find someone else, if you ever do, but you really don't need someone else to make you whole. focus on yourself for a while - you're a star and you can shine.

Desirable Enabler

I am in a relationship that has definitely had its serious bumps. He is in the air force and I am about to graduate high school and go to college. I could not ask for any more perfect guy in the world, but sometimes it gets very hard to be alone and only get to see him maybe once or twice every month. It for sure leaves me an emotional wreck sometimes. Knowing that there is a thread like this is a really sweet idea heart Thank you for being concerned with others!!

Big Duck

bubblegum scum
hey guys smile just joining in the conversation.
I'm at a wonderful milestone in my relationship: 6.5 years now and he's finally going to be coming over to live with me within the year! or at least visit for an extended amount of months and do it again.

this is great big news for us, we've been through tons and tons of hurdles with our LDR (he's England and I'm Eastern US) including two very strong cancers (he's still going through rigorous treatment and he will be transferring to a hospital here in the US) abuse, college (I graduate in May though!!) and anything you could ever think of.

I just needed somewhere to be annoyingly ecstatic about it.

Congratulations. smile It's nice to see another 6 year LDR going well. I've been with my girlfriend for a little over 6 years and we're hoping to see each other this winter break. It's a nice feeling to say the least.
I wish your partner luck in recovering!

Dangerous Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Friendly 100
Kimi Kohaco
I am in a relationship that has definitely had its serious bumps. He is in the air force and I am about to graduate high school and go to college. I could not ask for any more perfect guy in the world, but sometimes it gets very hard to be alone and only get to see him maybe once or twice every month. It for sure leaves me an emotional wreck sometimes. Knowing that there is a thread like this is a really sweet idea heart Thank you for being concerned with others!!

Best wishes and continued happiness for the both of you heart

Dangerous Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Friendly 100
I should at least update you guys to let you know that I'm still in an LDR for 8 years now, still going and strong. Although I am proud to say that he visits me every year. ^^

Desirable Enabler

Witch Silhouette
Kimi Kohaco

Best wishes and continued happiness for the both of you heart

Thank you so much heart

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This immigratation stuff is confusing.
If my boyfriend comes up to Canada should I just take him to a governement office to find all the stuff he needs?
DizzySnowFire
If my boyfriend comes up to Canada should I just take him to a governement office to find all the stuff he needs?

I may have missed some of your posts, but I didn't have enough info about your bf's situation so I covered some basics. I'm assuming by immigration you mean he's going to be living in Canada for more than just a casual visit.

The both of you can look online at Canada's site first. Link to Canada's site! Or just google "immigration Canada".

There is also a handy little tool to find out if he needs to apply for a visa to enter Canada. If he is from the US a visa isn't required. Always have a valid passport. It's required anyways to travel between many different countries, particularly by airplane, but it makes identification easier too in a foreign country.

There is also this table for your bf to know if he is a Canadian citizen or not. If he is, that's one less thing to worry about.

He can be prepared beforehand by visiting a Canadian Embassy in his country. Located within the embassy is a Visa office. Even if he's already a Canadian citizen they can advise him what to do when entering the country (driver's registration, signing up for healthcare, etc.).

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
WestFullMoon
DizzySnowFire

I may have missed some of your posts, but I didn't have enough info about your bf's situation so I covered some basics. I'm assuming by immigration you mean he's going to be living in Canada for more than just a casual visit.

The both of you can look online at Canada's site first. Link to Canada's site! Or just google "immigration Canada".

There is also a handy little tool to find out if he needs to apply for a visa to enter Canada. If he is from the US a visa isn't required. Always have a valid passport. It's required anyways to travel between many different countries, particularly by airplane, but it makes identification easier too in a foreign country.

There is also this table for your bf to know if he is a Canadian citizen or not. If he is, that's one less thing to worry about.

He can be prepared beforehand by visiting a Canadian Embassy in his country. Located within the embassy is a Visa office. Even if he's already a Canadian citizen they can advise him what to do when entering the country (driver's registration, signing up for healthcare, etc.).

Doesn't he need a visa to work in Canada?
He's from the US
DizzySnowFire

He's from the US

Ah, to work. Generally, yes, he needs a visa to work unless he falls in these categories (listed in "Find out if you need a work permit." wink The link also has sections for filing a work permit and extending the time period for one.

If he wants to be a permanent worker (permanent resident), read this. Different application.

Also, if he has educational or other work credentials (trade-specific skills for instance), he can have them assessed and possibly apply as a Federal Worker. Info here. Read what is applicable and the best choice for the both of you.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
WestFullMoon
DizzySnowFire

He's from the US

Ah, to work. Generally, yes, he needs a visa to work unless he falls in these categories (listed in "Find out if you need a work permit." The link also has sections for filing a work permit and extending the time period for one.

If he wants to be a permanent worker (permanent resident), read this.

So the FSW is what my boyfriend needs to apply to?
DizzySnowFire
WestFullMoon
DizzySnowFire

He's from the US

Ah, to work. Generally, yes, he needs a visa to work unless he falls in these categories (listed in "Find out if you need a work permit." The link also has sections for filing a work permit and extending the time period for one.

1. I think that would be the fastest first option if he has the necessary qualifications/works in the right field. It will take a while for his application and scores to be processed, but they are accepting more people.

2. Option 2 is to apply for immigration under the Canadian Experience Class. It accepts more of a variety of workers but also has a lower limit of accepted applications.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
WestFullMoon
DizzySnowFire
WestFullMoon
DizzySnowFire

He's from the US

1. I think that would be the fastest first option if he has the necessary qualifications/works in the right field. It will take a while for his application and scores to be processed, but they are accepting more people.

2. Option 2 is to apply for immigration under the Canadian Experience Class. It accepts more of a variety of workers but also has a lower limit of accepted applications.

Did you already provide a link for Canadian Experience Class?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff