Diaper caddy/changing table 0.014492753623188 1.4% [ 1 ]
Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

Marquess de Sade
@Nater: If it's important to you for them to have that in common then I'd say go ahead. I'm sure Adam or some one else will explain the process so that you won't step on any toes. If the fact you're not religious doesn't bother Adam and he knows you're just doing for Aaliyah, otherwise he may expect actual dedication to the church.

Personally I am not at all religious. Religion is a little ridiculous to me.

@Sammi: That's awesome! I'm hoping to start with Laynie at 18mo but I don't know if she'll be ready. She hasn't shown any interest in taking her pants off.

Yeah, I was hoping to start Emmett around 18mo too, but he didn't show any interest at all. Even now I still think it'll be a few weeks before we do anything major. I'm thinking about getting him some of the toilet training diapers that let them feel being wet before absorbing it to try and move the process along a little. But iunno, I don't want to force it.

Hardcore Muse

Religion :
I was raised southern Baptist and Brian's family is no where near religious but neither is mine really. Religion isn't a big deal for us and not something we usually discuss anyway.. Just one of those things.

Off topic :
We finally got to go and see the house and just so long as everything goes well with the real estate office we're currently renting from we should be moving the 26th of this month. smile . The house is beautiful and much larger than our current so it'll be a nice fit. Sophia still won't have her own room but that's alright.

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
I don't really have any religion and Adam knows and respects that so it won't be a problem, it's not that I'm not a fan of religion because I honestly think the concept of it is really beautiful, but the laws set down by religion are the thing that I don't believe.

Anyway, here's some pictures from yesterday under the spoiler<3

User Image
User Image
User Image

Hardcore Muse

Nater:
That dress is absolutely adorable. ^_^

Off topic:
I feel like a total crap mom right now, in the rush to get over and see the place Sophia didn't have lunch but she wasn't acting like she was hungry either.
On the way home she did nothing but cry nonstop which put Brian in a s**t mood because Omg she was crying, ******** get over yourself.
rolleyes
Got home and I took her back to our room, nursed her and she napped for an hour, woke up still in a pissy mood like she did this morning but then I realized she hadn't ate so I made her a Gerber entree and opened up some diced peaches for her and she ate everything.
Ugh, I feel so bad since she was obviously hungry. sad

Lucky Star

Sammiifayse
Marquess de Sade
@Nater: If it's important to you for them to have that in common then I'd say go ahead. I'm sure Adam or some one else will explain the process so that you won't step on any toes. If the fact you're not religious doesn't bother Adam and he knows you're just doing for Aaliyah, otherwise he may expect actual dedication to the church.

@Sammi: That's awesome! I'm hoping to start with Laynie at 18mo but I don't know if she'll be ready. She hasn't shown any interest in taking her pants off.

Yeah, I was hoping to start Emmett around 18mo too, but he didn't show any interest at all. Even now I still think it'll be a few weeks before we do anything major. I'm thinking about getting him some of the toilet training diapers that let them feel being wet before absorbing it to try and move the process along a little. But iunno, I don't want to force it.

Cyrus still shows no interest aside from telling me he needs a butt butt on occasion and then laying down for me to change him...lol
His doctor and my mom both told me boys usually aren't ready until 2 1/2-3 years old

Annnnnd....I need to back read like 4 pages...I've been super busy this weekend

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Mississippi: I wouldn't feel too awful, crap like that happens unfortunately but at least she ate.
Aaliyah didn't go to bed until 1pm something yesterday so she didn't have lunch until 2:40pm because of how long the service went + how long she slept after it.

offtopic: I also get my implannon put in today, so, hopefully I have no troubles with it.
Faerie Dreams
Sammiifayse
Marquess de Sade

Cyrus still shows no interest aside from telling me he needs a butt butt on occasion and then laying down for me to change him...lol
His doctor and my mom both told me boys usually aren't ready until 2 1/2-3 years old

Annnnnd....I need to back read like 4 pages...I've been super busy this weekend

I'm not expecting to really get anywhere soon with it. Sure, it'd be nice, but I'd rather let him do it in his own time. I wouldlove for it to be done sooner rather than later so that Belanna is still little and less demanding.

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Off topic - I'm going to have to fix my profile so people who aren't my friends can't comment on it. gonk So tired of getting the "Thanks for buying" spam..

Feral Kitten

I and my family are religious.

Micah was not raised with any religion.

His mother is pagan and his father has only started going to church because of his wife/micah's step-mom. She is religious.

Feral Loiterer

11,925 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Nater: She's precious! I totally get what you mean about the beauty of religion. Good luck with your implanon remember you'll be sore for a month DONT let anyone touch it. After a while you'll be able to pull on it and tell everyone that's where the aliens inserted their tracking device. wink

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
So I helped my friend deliver her baby the other day! It was exciting.. but also very sad.
Nobody in her family came down.. so she only had/has me to help her.. so I have been back and forth between home and the hospital.
I miss my own babies. It's going to be so difficult when she gets here.. so I hope it encourages her to find her own place.. stare
The father remains in contact with her, but I don't think he is making any plans to come up soon.. I just don't understand that.
My family all booked it down here ( from ALL OVER ) when I had my boys.. so I don't understand how her family ( and his..) are so "meh" about this baby being born. It's literally making me sick from stress.
But I guess that everyone is different..

On another note, my husband built the bunk beds for the boys. They love them!
Sammiifayse
Marquess de Sade

She's still got a few months but she loves to sit on her potty so I hope that's a good sign. She only tugs at her diaper if it's really full (like in the morning) and I'm guessing that's because it's the only time she can really feel it. I want so badly to be done with diapers though. I won't push her because I know that can only set her back but I"m tired of dealing with the screaming from diaper changes.

Religion: As I stated, I think it's a little ridiculous.Jake and I are not religious. I wouldn't care if Laynie were and we wouldn't laugh at or criticize her. We would take her to church if she asked but it's not something we'll be actively encouraging/discouraging. I don't think we even own a bible. Technically I was baptised mormon as a child but we stopped going to church after that. No one really wanted to go but the boy scout leader was also heavily involved in our church and since my brothers were boy scouts we felt obligated.

@Mississippi: Stuff like that happens with Laynie too. I have a 'snack bag' in my purse. It's just cheerios, goldfish, and some of her dissolvable cookies. The cookies I let her have in her car seat since they just melt in her mouth.

Hardcore Muse

Nater:
Thanks and I know it happens but still feel like crap. Hope everything goes well with your implant. ^_^

Rach:
My brothers had bunk beds and it didn't turn out well. Hopefully it goes better for you, lol.
That's sad about your friend too, my family was there more than my in laws but I expected that since our families don't get along well. XD

Sade:
I usually do have snacks for her but everyone was rushing and that was yet another thing that I forgot. Ugh. U_U

Off topic:
Sophia went to bed smoothly so now it's time for a shower and for me to unwind. Yes.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Nater: Sounds like maybe you could talk to the priest about this. If you're only doing it for Adam and Aliyah then that's for the wrong reasons and it also like you're getting bullied into it. Sorry I'm pagan and I don't remember much, but I'm pretty sure you have go into the baptism openly, willingly and ready to accept the religion into your heart. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry, in no way am I trying to deter you or scare you, I just want you to be happy with the desicions you make.

Boesen Moo's Partner

Collecting Waffles

Sammiifayse
Because her birthday is in the middle of Summer (Feb 2nd)
You sure about that summer part? ; )

Birthdays: I guess it's between Mario and Zombies? That's what Moo said. I think I'd lean towards Mario myself, because I think all the bright colors would be nice, and Nintendo is my middle name. True.

Marquess de Sade
Fuzzypeachlover
Martial Arts: I know Moo has an interest in learning Baguazhang (if you've ever seen air-bending from Nickeldoeon's Avatar, or 8 Palms Trigram from Naruto), but the likelihood of finding an instructor in the Midwest are slim to none. But yes, traveling the world learning different styles sounds like the best thing ever.

Religion: words words words
I think of myself as sort of next to religion right now. My mom didn't take us to church, but my Southern Baptist Aunt did. I am not against religion, although sometimes people use it to justify bad things. I'd like to pretend I am thinking critically about the origins of the universe, weighing the import of things like the discovery of evidence supporting the Big Bang, and whether that proves or disproves God in any sense. In fact I'm not thinking critically, I'm just being lazy and constantly making minute adjustments to my Gaian avatar o_x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff