Diaper caddy/changing table 0.014492753623188 1.4% [ 1 ]
Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

le iggy
I need some breast pump advice before I start bawling my eyes out. |: I have a single electric Medela pump that I've yet to use because my SIL has scared me into thinking that my supply won't be able to keep up with just a single. She thinks I need a double, and honestly we can't afford it right now. SO doesn't really get it and since I already have one, he's even more hesitant to buy. My insurance won't provide one for me until my deductible is met, and I have shitty insurance with a high deductible. |: I'm at a loss here. I want to pump so I can go out for longer than two or three hours but I don't want to jeopardize my supply. Do any of you ladies have experience with a single pump? I feel like what my SIL is saying really isn't true. She's a stay at home mom with a pump for working moms. She's got a stash of frozen breast milk. But if everyone needed a double pump, why would they make singles for stay at home moms? Ugh.

Also, Isabella started smiling this week!

I had a single hand pump and loved it. Electric pumps intimidate me but my hand pump was great. You go right ahead and use that bad boy - ignore your SIL. Whichever boob isn't being pumped WILL leak - consider pumping while Isabella is eating so she can just catch the leakage, OR you could even hold a bottle or something up to the other one and switch once you're dong pumping. Of course you could just let it leak - that's fine too. There's really nothing wrong with a single pump.
Kegokec
KnitsyBitsySpiders

Pinterest! I'm the same way... I have a hard time getting down on the floor and playing with Aden like that. Tyler is better at it, cause he was into the same things as a kid, but he's not always in the mood. If Aden wants to play Lego or color I'm totally in there... but anything else, it's just not my cup of tea. I've found lots of great crafts on Pinterest though!

Do you know anywhere else I can get ideas? I don't do Pinterest. sweatdrop

Maybe search for some good mommy blogs? There are SO many mommy blogs out there - lots of what's on Pinterest comes from blogs in the first place, so just skip the middle man!

Sparkly Smoker

Kegokec

You can google craft ideas but seriously Pinterest will change your life. I get all of my meal recipes from there!

My friend who's a teacher gets a lot of her craft ideas from there, too.

Fuzzypeachlover

Thanks, that makes me feel tons better. I'm going to make some lactation cookies just to ease my mind. I love my SIL to death and she really does know her stuff what with being a nurse practioner in women's health and having two kids but sometimes she forgets I don't have her budget. gonk

AraTeran

I completely forgot to reply to you! I understand where you're coming from, a smash cake does seem a bit frivolous in that sense. Maybe a smash cupcake instead? xd Just kidding. I plan to get a smash cake but I'm sure it'll get eaten no matter what. My SO's little brothers tend to get their hands into any cake they can find at parties. Lol.

Call Me Stephanie

I understand! I still feel bad for being rude about it. That's not like me at all. xd

KnitsyBitsySpiders

Thanks! That's a good tip, I'll probably hold a bottle over the other side. I don't want to waste anything. xd

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I'm 100% against pinterest though.

Like, the site literally makes me depressed to the point of tears. So I can't make an account.

I know that sounds stupid but I saw a few of the Sailor Moon things people were passing around and just knowing that I can't afford anything I'd find and pin...just..no. I would be more miserable than I am now.

Heroic Mage

le iggy
I need some breast pump advice before I start bawling my eyes out. |: I have a single electric Medela pump that I've yet to use because my SIL has scared me into thinking that my supply won't be able to keep up with just a single. She thinks I need a double, and honestly we can't afford it right now. SO doesn't really get it and since I already have one, he's even more hesitant to buy. My insurance won't provide one for me until my deductible is met, and I have shitty insurance with a high deductible. |: I'm at a loss here. I want to pump so I can go out for longer than two or three hours but I don't want to jeopardize my supply. Do any of you ladies have experience with a single pump? I feel like what my SIL is saying really isn't true. She's a stay at home mom with a pump for working moms. She's got a stash of frozen breast milk. But if everyone needed a double pump, why would they make singles for stay at home moms? Ugh.

Also, Isabella started smiling this week!

I am a Stay-at-home-mom who had a single (hand) pump for occasional use, and I'm still nursing him passed one year, so I wouldn't let your SIL get to you too much. It never hurt my supply.

Hardcore Muse

The LC at wic told me that just pumping could hinder your supply since pumping is vastly different from your child actually latching but as long as you're doing a combination of pumping and breastfeeding your supply should fine.
I tried pumping and it just didn't work, turns out I only make enough for Sophia with little left over. XD
And I had a single hand pump the electric ones terrified me from all of the horror stories I had heard over the years.

Boesen Moo's Partner

Collecting Waffles

KnitsyBitsySpiders
fReemade Ran
AraTeran
fReemade Ran
Sammiifayse

Yup. Got to love Australia xD
Even if she was born in March it'd still be more Summer than Autumn/Fall.

What, you mean there's other countries outside of 'Merica?

Not all people from America are stupid rolleyes

I'm married to one.

Who is not. Just to clarify.

I've encountered lots of stupid people on our road trips to the states.
I've also encountered lots of stupid people at home in Canada. razz

I had a blank map of the U.S. the other day. I labeled all the states I could, but I mixed up 6 of them, mostly on the northeast coast, and I forgot Philidelphia X_O
There is one of Europe I am going to tackle at some point. I expect to do horribly.
Mississippi Black Velvet
The LC at wic told me that just pumping could hinder your supply since pumping is vastly different from your child actually latching but as long as you're doing a combination of pumping and breastfeeding your supply should fine.
I tried pumping and it just didn't work, turns out I only make enough for Sophia with little left over. XD
And I had a single hand pump the electric ones terrified me from all of the horror stories I had heard over the years.

JUST pumping will lower your supply, yes - the only thing that will definitely keep your supply up is actually breastfeeding. Pumping AND breastfeeding won't affect your supply negatively at all.

Hardcore Muse

KnitsyBitsySpiders
Mississippi Black Velvet

JUST pumping will lower your supply, yes - the only thing that will definitely keep your supply up is actually breastfeeding. Pumping AND breastfeeding won't affect your supply negatively at all.

That's what I said... :-/
Mississippi Black Velvet
KnitsyBitsySpiders
Mississippi Black Velvet

That's what I said... :-/

Yeah, just agreeing.
fReemade Ran
KnitsyBitsySpiders
fReemade Ran
AraTeran
fReemade Ran
Sammiifayse

Yup. Got to love Australia xD
Even if she was born in March it'd still be more Summer than Autumn/Fall.

What, you mean there's other countries outside of 'Merica?

Not all people from America are stupid rolleyes

I'm married to one.

Who is not. Just to clarify.

I've encountered lots of stupid people on our road trips to the states.
I've also encountered lots of stupid people at home in Canada. razz

I had a blank map of the U.S. the other day. I labeled all the states I could, but I mixed up 6 of them, mostly on the northeast coast, and I forgot Philidelphia X_O
There is one of Europe I am going to tackle at some point. I expect to do horribly.

I know where probably ten states are. *shrug*

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Had to call of work today because William has had a fever ever since last night.

Pinterest: It can make me sad seeing some of the awesome things that people can do and I can't.

Of course mine is mostly because I don't take the time to practice because materials cost money.

Breastfeeding: I'm thinking of just not doing it this time around. At all. James wants me to try (I doubt he's going to be upset if I don't, but he's mentioned it a couple of times).
Digital Fiend
Had to call of work today because William has had a fever ever since last night.

Pinterest: It can make me sad seeing some of the awesome things that people can do and I can't.

Of course mine is mostly because I don't take the time to practice because materials cost money.

Breastfeeding: I'm thinking of just not doing it this time around. At all. James wants me to try (I doubt he's going to be upset if I don't, but he's mentioned it a couple of times).

I'm a Pinterest addict. Over 35,000 pins. sweatdrop
I have TONS of recipes and crafts that I'll probably never even attempt. I'm crafty and I'm a damn good cook, but there's the matter of...y'know, having TIME to do all these things.

Sparkly Smoker

Isabella just projectile vomited over our bed. gonk Its her first time doing it so I'm not super worried... And she has a pedi appointment tomorrow so I can bring it up then.
Pinterest: I've been spending a bit of time on there lately, mainly planning Emmett's birthday. I'm getting ideas for things so I can put it all through my cutting machine and make the decorations myself. I'm going to use it to collect crafty ideas for the kids too, 'cause I'm the least crafty person ever when it comes to things like that.

Off topic: moving day. It's 8am and we're packing the last things into the car, washing one last floor, vacuuming one last time, and then we're gone. I'm freaking out though. We forgot to set up the mail forwarding yesterday, and we don't think we'll make it to the real estate to hand in keys and set it up there. I'm kinda worried about getting my bond back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff