Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with PoshuI

Dapper Phantom

I don't think you hate kids. I think you hate kids who grow up too fast. Not ALL kids do that.

I am going to be the worst parent, either. IF my kid has a phone, there are going to be heavy controls on it until they're mature enough to handle it. I don't want this like Facebook suicide crap going on 'cos my kid has two daddies.

Greedy Receiver

It's astounding at the amount of generalizing going on in this thread about children. You meet a few bad or cranky apples and suddenly all children are horrible, bratty monsters. Or you get those that only like quiet kids or kids that don't talk, which is happening likely because they're either tired or shy in public. Children behave differently in the presence of others or while out in public. They just are. Young ones especially.

No one is forcing you to have kids. No one cares. I don't. It is your choice, but it's sad to base this choice oj flabbergasted opinions of other people's kids.

It's like when I go to the store and I have my one year old with me, he's normally a peach and either wants to walk beside me or sit idly in the cart, but sometime his gums get sore from having SIX TEETH come in at once. So I comfort him while buying little things to make it better and all the while I have rude individuals telling me what a brat I have or how unfit my parenting skills are. The ONE time someone sees him upset and suddenly he's labled a menace? A brat? My little man who would sooner hug your leg and babble at you with a smile before blowing a kiss than to scream, shout or throw a tantrum?

Generalizing is just way too rampant these days. It's sad. If you don't want kids then don't have them. If you do someday want kids then strive to care for them and teach them NOT to do these things.

It's not as if kids are programmed at birth to behave a certain way their whole life.

Romantic Otaku

13,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
ok lets be honest here. There is nothing wrong with not liking kids, but keep in mind to stay calm when you are around them. As for me, I like kids who is very closly related to me. Take my baby sister for example. She is two, and I don't like any other kids other then her. Not even my cousins daughter. It's not because I don't like her (she is very loud but so is my sister), Its just that I can't tolerate any other kids yapping other than my sister.

Lucky Noob

1. Do you not like kids and why?
Love kids, but I've been told that I have high patience and, er, pain tolerance.

2. Is it hard to find a guy that doesn't like kids?
Not at all.

3. Your opinion about anything related to this topic.
Don't hate on kids! They'll grow up someday, y'know? 'Sides, they're at their purest state at that age-- which is why I'm fond of them. There's no catty games or underhanded motives or true bigotry at this point in their lives. But... when adults treat them like dirt and invalidate them, that's what causes them to grow up so badly. I like children to be happy. I don't care when they run around like maniacs around restaurants or pull at my hair or ask me "why" a thousand times over-- s'long as they're learning. I mean, what's there to the world if you can't be happy seeing someone else happy?

Meh, but I'm probably on the opposite side of the spectrum. I'd be the first one to ditch a friend's party to entertain the little siblings they drag along. I personally don't intend to have my own kids in the future, despite everything-- I don't believe in further population of this world, for one. I'd rather be a figure of guidance to children anywhere rather than be a parent to few.

Friendly Genius

I don't mind kids, I just can't have them around me for a long period of time. Otherwise, I'll be annoyed with them and they'll see it written all over my face, which is not a good thing. I don't want children.

Hygienic Member

Excuse me, miss.
I highly dislike... I would say about 90% of kids. Sometimes you find the odd cute one whos been raised properly.

Funny story. I actually think men who like kids are attractive, despite hating them myself. What is this. Although, I can't have kids so I hope that kid-hating men are easy to find.

yum_tea

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
How is a child having a cell phone and texting "acting like a teenager"? Personally I don't see a problem with that.

Dapper Gawker

I don't like most kids and don't want kids, but I had a pretty swell day with my baby brothers.

My boyfriend doesn't want kids either, so I lucked out.

It really sickens me when I hear little kids talking about mature content. On Sunday, I brought my five-year-old cousin to the park. There were these kids there in the second grade or something. One girl was rapping "Rack city chick, rack rack city chick... blah blah blah titties blah." Another kid was talking about masturbating and gay sex p***s up the a**s, how to roll up a blunt, etc. I was disgusted. Mostly I blame the parents. I mean, one girl in the group did say her mom does crack, so....
alright Casey i know you HATE kids. but will you STOP throwing trash bags in my lawn!?!?
inviso87
A Roman For All Seasons
inviso87
Dislike kids that are under 10. Can't relate to them at all.

Were you never younger than ten years old?

I was, of course, but I can't relate to them at all now. I can't hold up conversation with kids that age and younger. Back during one of my education courses, I had the horrific luck of being placed in a 2nd grade classroom for a few days. Worst teaching experience of my life. The teacher thought I was going to be teaching elementary level and when I told her I was teaching middle/high school, she was very relieved. She had intended to tell me to change age groups and try the high school level or to switch careers entirely b/c I clearly wasn't fit for it, or any type of job or anything that had young kids involved. Their brain at least needs some development before I can relate to them. Just how I am.
How about being a Teacher at a College?

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
1DisneyFan
inviso87
A Roman For All Seasons
inviso87

I was, of course, but I can't relate to them at all now. I can't hold up conversation with kids that age and younger. Back during one of my education courses, I had the horrific luck of being placed in a 2nd grade classroom for a few days. Worst teaching experience of my life. The teacher thought I was going to be teaching elementary level and when I told her I was teaching middle/high school, she was very relieved. She had intended to tell me to change age groups and try the high school level or to switch careers entirely b/c I clearly wasn't fit for it, or any type of job or anything that had young kids involved. Their brain at least needs some development before I can relate to them. Just how I am.

I could do it, but requires more education I think. Not entirely sure as I haven't looked into it. Middle/High school I am ok with though smile
Dandrogyny
I don't think you hate kids. I think you hate kids who grow up too fast. Not ALL kids do that.

I am going to be the worst parent, either. IF my kid has a phone, there are going to be heavy controls on it until they're mature enough to handle it. I don't want this like Facebook suicide crap going on 'cos my kid has two daddies.
That's why I put on the thread saying I like kids at 5 through 9 because I have seen kids dressing up like their teenagers already and plus the texting and electronics that they are using at an early age

Fanatical Codger

lmSoBlackLOL
1DisneyFan

OH. MY. WORD. gonk I LOVE YOUR SIG SO MUCH. emotion_kirakira

& I don't hate kids, but I don't want to ever have my own. I don't have the "OH MY GOD I WANT TO CARE FOR MY KIDS AND RAISE THEM" motherly instinct...thing.

KORRA emotion_bigheart emotion_awesome

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
inviso87
1DisneyFan
inviso87
A Roman For All Seasons
inviso87

I could do it, but requires more education I think. Not entirely sure as I haven't looked into it. Middle/High school I am ok with though smile
I think you might like working with disability young adults at a college I don't think it requires some special degree except maybe for High School degree biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff