Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

Kudos to disqurlqothacked for the layout!
W e xa l l o w x o u r s e l v e sx t o x t h i n k x t h a t x w e x c a n x s u r v i v e x a l o n e

t h a t x w e x c a n x d e c e i v ex o t h e r s x w i t h o u tx t h e i rx k n o w i n g

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ
      ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄

Jacob roared with amusement. Putting the now rolled up paper away, he firmly patted Rua. "Ayye! Glad this situation hasn't broken yer funny bone!" He laughed. His face looked at Rua with the same confused awe. Wiping a tear, he mumbled with a laugh still about. "Right. In other words, I assumed you were a bit cannie, not a dunderheed... a bit slow. But judging by 'yer dazed look I think you are!" Jacob said with a laugh, still using his slang. "C'mon, you know what tap means. Just because you don't wanna don' mean you gotta act dumb by it!" He laughed. Jacob figured everyone knew what he was saying, that slang is simply slang. Especially his slang; Jacob slang: the universal slang.

"Alright, alright, numpty. Roo-ah then." He chuckled, over-enunciating the male's name. Pulling out his phone, Jacob held it near Rua to exchange information. "Are 'ye sure I can't call you Roo? Just like the lit'le one from Winnie the Pooh!" Jacob asked, causing another laughing fit from him. My he was in merry spirits today. But that was Jacob's nature-- can't dwell on the negatives too long. "The name's Jacob." He added with a wide grin. "Surprised 'ya not familiar with the area. That'd be the underrated plaza of the city. The specific floor we'd be on is the bookstore." Jacob informed, with a more serious tone. "But, it's more of a library with that mean boot watchin' over." Back to his pappy-self, Jacob laughed.

Glancing at the dash board, the little numbers blinked the time. "Gettin' late, want a lift back?" Showing a bit of concern, Jacob flashed another smile, "To commemorate our new-found partnership-- free o' charge!" He declared, adding his own wink.
                              #0F4D92 #848482 gold forestgreen mediumorchid
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      xxxOOC:Twally means someone of less intelligent-- basically Jacob is calling Rua stupid for trusting others so easily. And tapping (which in english has the meaning of engaging with lots of skinship) means to lend money to. Nothing wiki can't help with!

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

xxxx I go to sleep alone, and wake up alone. I take walks. I work until I'm tired.
xxxx▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Cannie. Dunderhead (Rua understood that one at least). This man was obviously calling him stupid! How rude! Geez. Rua sighed, letting it go. “Obviously if I was asking what it means, I sincerely do not know what you mean.” He couldn’t really guess from the other’s follow up words. No helpful context clues here. He would certainly be using google when he gets home to understand Jacob a bit more.

And then with his name. Oh geez. Like he hasn’t been called Roo before. His mother used to call him Roo and once for Halloween dressed up as Kanga. It was obvious what Rua had been. He soon got the man’s name. Jacob. “Pleasure to meet you Jacob.” He said politely. “I’m familiar, just not with blue prints. Besides, if it isn’t a relative’s home, my home or work, I am not too familiar. I keep to myself.” He usually never strayed too far from his home since everything was alright that.

“Uh yeah sure. Thanks.” He agreed to the ride back. “Nah, I’ll pay. Don’t worry about it.” Rua insisted. "When will we be doing this?"

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Everything seems simple until you think about it.

σσƈ: Lol I looked it up.

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

W e xa l l o w x o u r s e l v e sx t o x t h i n k x t h a t x w e x c a n x s u r v i v e x a l o n e

t h a t x w e x c a n x d e c e i v ex o t h e r s x w i t h o u tx t h e i rx k n o w i n g

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

Jacob cackled at Rua's sudden politeness. "Roo my boy! There's no need for that! Judging from the look 'o it, it seems we're only a few years part-- so drop the formalities!" Punching Rua on the shoulder playfully, Jacob continued in his high spirits. "Plus, if we're goin' to be partners in crime, we'd better get used to each 'ther!" Nodding, he kept the large roll of paper by his side as he started the cab. "'Tis a shame! Ya ought 'ta spend yer time exploring while youth is with you! Even if we're a few years apart, those years really take their toll!" With more laughs, Jacob let his cab warm up to the cool night.

Glancing over to Rua, he motioned for the male to buckle up. Without much more warning, he sped off like he normally would. Any place within a thirty-three mile radius of the center of the city was common grounds for Jacob. Weaving here and there, the two quickly and easily arrived at their destination. Since it was such a short and quick run, the ticker didn't have much to tick. Hand moving effortlessly to reset the bright red numbers, Jacob made sure Rua didn't see the fee. "Like I said-- holdin' truuee to my word, Roooo" he paused for a little chuckle, "Free o' charge" He concluded, with a little bowing motion.

Putting his Lady into park, Jacob looked over to Rua with a more serious expression. "If you hold up your end of the deal with the provisions, as soon as tomorrow morn'. Like I said, we'll be keepin' watch, but by no means do I want either of us to starve our savin's. I'll keep watch early in the mornings and mind Lady here during the day-- things get dry during noon at the office nyways. Then, when you're up for it, just meet me at the designated area before seven. Shops close at seven o' two sharp. We can hide out and spend the night there." Jacob explained thoroughly. "You don't have to come often, but I'm still goin' need you Thursday and one fourty, got it?" Jacob added, wagging his finger at Rua. Taking his phone out of his pocket, Jacob made sure the male's contact information was updated. "I'll call if I need anythin' else." Patting Rua on the shoulder, Jacob's bubbly expression returned. "Good niiiighhhtt Roo-boy~!" With a smile and a wave, he let the male leave-- taking no payments.
      xxxOOC:Sorry it's so lame and late-- things aren't goin' my way and school's around the corner User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'm worried it may have to be a rushed ending @~@

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

xxxx I go to sleep alone, and wake up alone. I take walks. I work until I'm tired.

Given the signal to buckle up, Rua did so just before they took off. Natural reflex, Rua gripped his seatbelt and the car door. They just jetted off! It took him so off guard. The ride was quick and before he knew it, they had reached their destination. It took a moment for him to get his bearings. Jacob insisted on a free of charge ride, though Rua had been reaching for his wallet, giving the other a look. Oh he could have paid. He should have paid, given that the other had driven him and driving people was his profession.

“Provisions… yep, I can do that.” And then meet up with Jacob before seven. He would have to tell amy he’d be taking the nights off for a while. He could manage that. Amy would take charge. But to keep things safe, she wouldn’t be told why. Maybe someday but not now. “Sounds like a plan.” Rua made sure to have his contact saved in his phone. Had to keep in contact if they wanted this to work. Sleep would be little. But the ends would justify the means. Now they were to part ways.

“Yeah, good night Jacob.” He got out of the cab. He seemed stubborn, wanting to pay but he had a feeling Jacob wouldn’t allow him. Fine, he could make up for it with the provisions. He gave a wave to the other before heading to his apartment for the night.

σσƈ: We can power through it and finish strong! Just gotta pick up our pace a bit if we can manage. I hope things go ok for you!

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

Watching the male closely, once Rua was safely to his apartment door, Jacob sped off with a wave. He knew he would have to get a good night's rest-- the bookstore opened at seven ten sharp and he needed to be there earlier. Speeding home, Jacob prepared himself for a Wednesday's watching. He wanted to make sure everything would be on cue if Rua were to join him. The last thing he wanted was for the young laddie to join him for nothing. He made sure he had a list of things to ramble off if Rua ever got curious. So much things to share in such a little amount of time. Deciding to simply camp outside of the building, Jacob parked his cab in the alley and spent the night.

By early morning, Jacob was wide awake with binoculars. Staring into the building, he saw two old and tired faces. Kazuki and Ezhno were behaving normally in their new, old environment. Sluggish eyes. Slouching posture. Loose ties. Old, coffee-stained shirts. Aside from their paper-to-screen glancing motions, the two were dead robots. Every so often, the two would look at each other... only to heave a heavy sigh and return to their work. Going at their pace, it seemed they wouldn't be in town long enough to clear Rua's name. When noon chimed, Jacob was just as tired as the other two were. Mundane work that was! Jacob resisted the urge to take Lady out for a joy ride; he doubt that Rua would join him on the first day, but he assured the other that he would stay and watch. Late evening slowly crept around without much change and Jacob got the call he was hoping for.... but not the news he wanted to hear. Remote access to the security footage would not be avaliable for another two days. At the very least. Jacob cursed at his limited connections; had he have had Kazuki's mob connections, everyone's name would have already been cleared. But alas, he is now stuck staring through binoculars for another fifty-some hours.

As he quietly hung up, Jacob quickly found himself burrowing in the depths of the thick bookshelves as the old bookshop owner gave one last peruse throughout. Holding his breath, he watched as the small, hunched figure passed by once. As he waited for her to pass by a second time, he nearly jumped out of his skin. " AH HAH!" Thud. Thud. Thud. Jacob winced at the sound of falling books a few rows away. Had the keeper always been this paranoid? He silently watched as she reorganized the books and slowly paced herself out. As soon as he heard the gate clatter and lock shut, a sigh of relief passed his lips. At this point, Jacob would be willing to infiltrate to get the evidence to prove Rua's innocence-- anything than having to relive that experience.

Freeing himself from the dusty books, he scurried back to the window, Without much surprise, the two had remained in the positions they had been in for the passed eon or so. Loneliness setting in, he figured he'd text Rua the little updates. 'Not much to update. They're still their zombie-like ways. No need to come in for the next few days or so, nothing exciting. Cameras aren't even ready yet, I'll keep 'ya posted. No need to bring food for today either.' Staring at the plain message, Jacob realized the other two's blandness rubbed off on him. Snapping into his usual bubbly-self, Jacob wrapped up his message with 'I'll stop by tomorrow morning to some breakfast, so be ready for me Roo-boy~! >3<' followed by a combination of kissy faces and loads of hearts. Without re-reading or re-thinking his message, Jacob hit send. Phew. Almost lost himself there. For the remainder of the night, Jacob watched as the two typed years of their lives away.
      xxxOOC: I'm back and ready to rumble!! emotion_hug Sorry for an eternity of waiting, I had to figure out where everything is. Quite honestly, I don't quite remember where I was trying to take this-- but hopefully we'll figure it out together again! emotion_c8

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

Waiting was probably the worst. Waiting for Jacob to message him about their plan, waiting for any sort of feedback, waiting to clear his name. Waiting to talk to Eznho and clear his name. Too many things to wait for and just not enough things to do to for distraction. Rua had gone to work as usual, keeping an eye on his phone for any calls or texts. He went about his day like normal. No doubt, Jacob had things worse with his stake out.

Eventually the cook got word from the cabbie. No need to go in to help for the next few days. Cameras weren’t ready and food was not needed. At least he informed him that he would be dropping in for breakfast. Rua would be ready with bells on, metaphorically speaking. The message was garnished with plenty of hears and kissy faces, making him shake his head in amusement. The message was definitely Jacob. Night went on and Rua finally at home went to bed.

He rose early to get prepared. First task was to prep and put the breakfast in the oven. He was making some breakfast muffins. Cheddar Egg muffins, with a side of fruit salad. A healthy and high protein breakfast for a busy day. Once those were put in the oven and the coffee was set to brew, Rua headed for the shower to get himself ready. Once dressed and ready to except a guest for breakfast, Rua headed out into the living room after he grabbed a cup of coffee to do the official start of his day. He waited for the Cabbie, setting the muffins out once the oven gave its aggravating multiple beeps that it was finished cooking.

σσƈ: Welcome back! Lol, wow its hard to get back into the swing of things. Gotta get used to it again and get back on track. Sorry for this lame post haha

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

Before the sun could even hint its presence, Jacob was already packing up. There was no way he'd somehow try to convince the boot gran' that he was the first customer. As he picked the lock of the gate to leave the shop, it occurred to him that he could've just picked his way in. Headbutting his cage as he pulled it to the side, he made sure to wipe his prints and return everything as it was. Flicking his bangs out of his face, Jacob carefully maneuvered around the building. Despite being across such a small-league company building, the little plaza was riddled with underrated gold. Not pulling in the most customers, the building wasn't as suffocating with security cameras as the adjacent building... with the exception of a few Jacob had already marked.

As soon as he was near a camera's range, he began tumbling towards the door. Why such an odd behavior? Jacob's Thug Lesson 101: that way they can't tell your height! Proud that he thought of everything himself, he sat hunched as he picked the last door and rolled out of sight and strutted to his lady. Life status: Winning. Fixing himself for a hearty breakfast, he was at Rua's in seconds flat. Stuffing his hair into a cap, he was even considerate enough to change his shirt. Nobody wants a dirty partner. Taking a gulp of water, he patted his face down with water to wake up a tad.

Quietly making his way up to Rua's door, he sat patiently with his ear pressed to the door. He neither wanted to come too early, nor too late. Jacob always had perfect timing. Sitting in the biting cold for a while, he made sure to keep his body warm and awake. With the sound of the oven screaming for attention, Jacob straightened himself out and knocked on the door. Perfection. Putting on his usual cherubic face, Jacob's smile only emphasized his dark, puffy circles... But that wasn't something that phased him. "Roo mah boy!" He chimed, mimicking Tigger.
      xxxOOC:No such thing as lameness from you! C:

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

There was the knock. Jacob (or at least Rua hoped it was Jacob) was there. And as confirmation, there was his voice. Rua dropped his head for a moment, shaking it and sighing. His ‘partner in crime’ so to speak. Clearing the oven and putting the breakfast muffin tray down, he made his way to the door, unlocking the different bolts and welcomed the cabbie into his apartment. “Come right in and help yourself. Coffee is freshly made and you are right on time for some nice hot cheddar and egg breakfast muffins.” If Rua knew anything, it was to always lead with food.

Jacob looked tired. “Been working hard all night I see?” That man looked like he could use a nap. Or maybe an energy drink. Or two. Once inside, Rua shut the door behind him and led the way to the kitchen, searching through a cabinet for plates and more than one mug. "If you don't like coffee, I have plenty of tea and some juice in the fridge." He was ever the gracious host.

Rua set the muffins out on a plate to make them easier to get, and took the fruit bowl from the fridge to leave on the counter. He waited until Jacob made himself comfy and had himself something to start off with before asking any questions. "Anything happen that's note worthy?" He wondered when they would get to the cameras. Time was ticking, wasn't it?

σσƈ biggrin 'Awwwww too kind haha

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

Shocked that Rua had so many locks, by the time the door swung open Jacob had to refresh his smile. "Don't mind if I do" He cheered as he stepped in. The aroma made his eyes turn into hearts. When was the last time he ate something not frozen or store bought? Oh right, two days ago. But still, fresh food smelled great. Situating himself, he glanced around in glee. Jacob was that little kid that always played by himself, granted he always had fun, but it was nice to be wanted somewhere for once. Being able to visit another person was like going to the zoo. He turned to Rua as the male spoke; "Not enough time in the world to be tired. So I guess working is the next best thing" He chuckled as he waved his hand ever so slightly. "Quit yer fashing and sit. I came here for breakfast with my numpty." He called with a smile. Reaching for the mug Rua gave him, Jacob poured himself a bit of coffee-- it didn't take much t wake him up.

As he reached for a steaming muffin, he was finally sensible enough to stop before he was burned. Folding his arms near his chest, Jacob leaned forward towards Rua. "Well.. aside from me forgettin' that watching those manks during the day makes one panbread inside, nuffin'." He reported, finally reaching for a muffin and taking a chomp. "Cameras aren't going to be up for anothe--" Interrupted by the buzz of his phone. Catching a quick glance at the message, Jacob was able to correct himself before he was to even make the mistake. "another.. four days." Taking another bite, the gears started to turn in Jacob's head.

"Alright! I've got it. Good thin' I told ye one fourty? So the morn's technical morn, at one fourty we'll meet . We're goin' in and gettin' ourselves some evidence! The guard didn't go out for 'is usual run, so I'm guessin' it's gon' be this time 'round." Jacob commanded, time frames were thrown off. Interesting how when something is supposed to follow a plan, it doesn't go right at all "So just treat today normally and we'll geein it yaldi at one fourty in the A." Jacob assured with a smile. "By the by, this is hoora good." He added looking at the muffin to ensure that he wasn't eating lies. Happily gulping down his drink, he continued to eat. There was no better compliment to a chef than eating all of their food.
      xxxOOC:Did I ever share a picture of Jacob? o.o

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

There goes the lingo that Rua knew not. Fashing, he figured must be fussing or something along the lines. Numpty, perhaps friend? Why bother turning circles in his head thinking about it too much! Rua instead just focused on the gist of what Jacob was saying and enjoying the breakfast that he cooked. He helped himself to a cup of coffee, piled some fruit onto his plate and snagged some muffins while they were hot and still cooling.

So it seemed the cameras weren’t going to be ready for them. Damn, that proved to be some issue no doubt about it. Though Jacob had another plan. Meet at one forty am. They were going to get the evidence themselves. Things had to go right because if not, they would be totally screwed. Just thinking about it was nerve wrecking. Rua nodded behind his coffee cup. Go about business like normal and then at one forty, they will spring into action.

With that out of the way, they could really enjoy the breakfast that was prepared. Jacob seemed pleased by the choice. “Figured you could use something to keep you going. High protein, low calorie, plenty of filling things to get you awake and energized.” The cheddar egg muffins were a favorite of his. "You know, if you need a lunch or anything like that, I can probably whip something up now, or you can just stop by my restaurant later and I'll make something for you then.Free of charge of course." He was to provide provisions after all. Plus seeing the cabbie enjoy his food is always a good thing.

Honestly, Rua couldn't wait for this whole debacle to be done with. He wanted the truth to be known and to have his name cleared. After all, he didn't want Ezhno to leave thinking that Rua was the culprit and for their 'friendship' to end.

σσƈ: Actually, I haven't seen him! Sorry again for lame. I got back from work and have a killer headache.

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

Jacob smiled as he finished the muffin and grabbed another. Listening to Rua run off the benefits of the breakfast, he simply nodded. "I'll be needing that energy." Raising is muffin as if toasting, Jacob chuckled a bit before biting off a chunk. Lunch options. Although Jacob wasn't entirely serious about the provisions, it made him glad that Rua would stick with his side of the deal. What did Kazuki have against Rua? He seemed like a pleasant person. "I'll swing by for lunch-- don' want to bother you too much in the morning." Laughing a bit, Jacob took a sip of the coffee. It seemed like Rua was relaxing for once, which made Jacob only cheerier.

Fetching some fruit for himself, he focused on eating. As he glanced from food to Rua, his mind started to think of topics of conversation. After plenty of gobbling and chugging, Jacob slowed his eating pace enough to start and hold a conversation. "So.. how long have you guys known each other for you to be so crazy over 'im?" He asked bluntly. Life was too short to beat around the bush-- at least in Jacob's eyes. Every second mattered, so minus well make them memorable.

Pondering the idea, Jacob quickly followed up with, "Were you trying to steal him from the ol' man? Is that why things are so tight between you two?" Laughing a bit more, Jacob found himself enjoying the moment as well. How relaxing it was to not really plan anything. Jacob was the go-with-the-flow kind of person since the start of everything, but it was nice to sit with someone else of the same mentality.
      xxxOOC:No worries! Mine is a bit short this time around too c:

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

Ugh, there was the questions. Rue sighed, wanting to just smack his head on the table top. Jacob didn’t know and it was only fair to tell him since he was involved with things now. “I worked with Ezhno years and years ago. And I screwed up big time. Like tremendously big. So big, that Ezhno should have honestly hated me.” Or maybe he was sort of stretching the size of his mess up. “Basically, I was young and stupid and in a bad place. I took advantage of things and stole information and sold it. Ezhno got blamed and I ended up going to confess the truth. I couldn’t let him get blamed for what I did. He was nothing but nice to me and I screwed him over.” Rua confessed it all to the cabbie, hoping he wouldn’t judge him too harshly. Though he would honestly deserve it.

“Kazuki got me out of there and I was told to not show my face again and to keep my nose clean.” He paused and took a sip of coffee. “ So I did. I kept to myself, moved back home. Took care of things here and opened my own restaurant. I’ve been on my best behavior and keeping out of trouble since.” It all explained why Kazuki didn’t like him. Well, not entirely. Kazuki probably never liked him.

“And then this all happened and because of my past major screw up, it made me prime suspect. And it probably doesn’t help that I sorta slept with Ezhno…” Can’t leave out that detail. “So Kazuki hates me, Ezhno hasn’t been replying to my calls and I can’t even get through to him. I’m sure if I tried to see him, Kazuki might try to make me disappear or something.” It felt surprisingly good to get it all out into the air, to tell it to someone who wasn’t majorly directly involved. Though it did make him feel a little awkward, wondering what Jacob might think of him now. He occupied himself with picking up a muffin and chomping away at it as casually as he could manage.

"Sooo... kinda worse than stealing him away."

σσƈ: Had to go back and look at some stuff and wow, my attention span was awful so hopefully I paid enough attention to major details lol

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

Jacob watched playfully while spearing the fruit and listening to Rua. Much like a child at story time, he watched intently as Rua's face changed with the story's progression. "Ooooh..." He nodded when Rua got to the punch of the story-- pawning off information. That'd make sense. Chewing as the other specified what Kazuki said, Jacob chuckled a bit himself. "Sounds like the ol' man" he confirmed. Following Rua, he too took a sip and resumed to listening as the story continued. Looking at the dwindling plate of muffins, Jacob figured he'd finish the plate so Rua could do dishes right away; grabbing another muffin he held it as if it was a mini toast to Rua. When Rua's... bedroom habits came up, Jacob choked a bit. His gulp of coffee saved him from death. While the two weren't exactly discreet about their relationship, Jacob never imagined either of them having enough guts to bluntly say it.

Jacob was open minded with everything-- it was almost a requirement for cabbies. In his many years of working, he had met enough people to not expect nor judge... though he'd do it anyways. It was always fun for him to judge others; like a child playing a game, assuming things about people and find out whether or not it was true was a riddle to Jacob. A riddle he always wanted to solve. Which is why he was equally as open and blunt as Rua was-- again, not enough time to beat around a bush. Finishing the muffin, Jacob nodded as if it would console Rua. "It's okay pip. I'm sure the ol' man hates a lot of people. The twisting hatred is part of him, assuming he has mob background, it has to be." Jacob tried with a softer, less obnoxious smile. "I'm sure if he wanted you gone, I wouldn't be eating muffins right now." He added with a chuckle. But he couldn't be too sentimental for long. "Granted, you stole more from him than just the information." He implied with a hefty laugh.

Grabbing the last muffin, Jacob offered it to Rua before snatching it away and gobbling it down. Nothing but playful compliments, he thought. Jacob laughed a bit as he gleamed at Rua and stood up. Stacking the plates and dumping the rest of the coffee into his system, he bid his adieu. "I'd love to stay and help, but there's a reason I always eat on disposable things. As you Americans say, smell you later, alligator! Remember, one forty am!" Going as quickly as he came, Jacob let himself out.

Jacob rushed down the stairs after hopping over the rail. Hand dragging across the hood of Julliet, he slid over her as if he was in an action movie. A brand new, more exciting day! Starting up the cab, he shot a text to Rua. 'I'll come by to pick up lunch. Dress nicely for me when I come in the AM." Settling himself in driving mode, he sped off to see plenty more faces. The entire day went well-- nothing out of the ordinary. Jacob caught those who tried to dash, carried luggage to and fro, and escorted enough day-drinkers to almost need a drink himself. By noon, Jacob was excited to park in the alley. Strutting in, he greeted the miss who Kazuki had woo'ed so long ago. Charming smile, he ran a hand through his hair. "Tell my Roo-boy that I need his package."
      xxxOOC:Haha! That basically summed it up c: Hope you don't mind the brief yet long time skip x:

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

It was relief that he felt when Jacob didn't seem to outright judge him. He was pretty chill about it and even joked. Good, Rua could feel himself losing the awkward tension he gained while telling said story. He even laughed. Guess he did steal more than just information. “In a while, crocodile.” he replied. Jacob had to dash. “Got it, one forty am. I'll be ready.” He might have to down a extra strong coffee but he'd be ready. Once the cabbie was gone, Rua went for the dishes, cleaning them up as best as he could before heading out to work.

The text message may have confused him a little. What did he mean for dress nicely? How could one dress nicely for technically illegal stuff? Whatever, the cook would see to it that he was prepared.

Work was work. They had dull times and rushes during the prime lunch hour. Rua had already thought ahead and prepared Jacob's meal for him, packing it away in the take out box and had it all wrapped in a bag ready to go. Amy was at the front desk as usual and she recognized the cabbie when he came in. “Sure thing sweet pea.” She answered in her chipper tone, putting aside her usual task and parading off to the kitchen for said package. “Yo, Rua, got a dude here for your package. Want me to give it to him or shall you take it around back?” Her humor got a sarcastic laugh from the cook. “Just give him the food would ya Amy?” He pointed towards it with a knife before getting back to chopping.

Amy took the wrapped up food and brought it back to Jacob. “Here you go, our special bake Ziti all made with love.”

σσƈ: Been such a long day and I finally remembered to reply lol sorry

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

Jacob looked around as he waited, even whistling a bit to pass time. When Amy returned, he reached for the food and gently took it from her. "Then I assume your love is in here too?' He asked before leaning down near her. "I look forward to the taste then." He softly added before heading off. "Have a fantastic day, sweet pea!" He called back as he strutted back to his cab. Once he was safely behind the four doors, he opened the box and let the aroma fill the car. "Oooh~ Looks like it's Italian today!" He looked around in the bag to find his utensils before finishing it quickly. Soon, he was reving up the cab again and zooming through the city.

The rest of the day mirrored that to the beginning. Greet. Open door. Petal to the metal. Get paid. Carry luggage and escort. Rinse and repeat. As he noticed the sun begin to set, he prepared himself for less coherent riders and a stronger smell of booze. By midnight, Jacob was dragging people out of Lady Julliet and to the doors. He decided to call it a night when someone decided they no longer needed to control themselves and visually burped on him. After he dropped them off, quite literally at this point of the night, Jacob tossed the shirt in the back in his trunk-- filled with his other shirts alike. Deciding to drive home, he cleaned himself up and prepared for the long night.

Dressed in nearly his finest, Jacob figured he looked like a business man enough. Before he left, he decided to grab a tie on the off chance Rua brushed off his message. One could never be too prepared in a situation like this. Tossing in a briefcase packed with rope, USB's, and other essential crime-"fighting" items, Jacob checked the time before speeding off to Rua's. "One twenty. I'll be there sooner than later." Sending off a text to Rua, warning of his arrival, Jacob zipped to the restaurant. By the time he was there, he realized the two never designated a rendezvous point. Was it here? Rua's apartment? The bookstore? Texting Rua of his whereabouts, Jacob calculated future steps while he waited. Now would not be the best time for his typical flowing-with-the-go mindset.
      xxxOOC:No worries! Sorry for the delay myself x: Let's get this started, woo! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff