Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

Kudos to disqurlqothacked for the layout!
W e xa l l o w x o u r s e l v e sx t o x t h i n k x t h a t x w e x c a n x s u r v i v e x a l o n e

t h a t x w e x c a n x d e c e i v ex o t h e r s x w i t h o u tx t h e i rx k n o w i n g

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ
      ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
      #0F4D92#848482#gold#forestgreen#mediumorchid

Kazuki made sure to keep his eye on everything and anything that moved. He quickly dismissed Jacob as being a threat; the guy was holding down a much large man, who could suspect him? On top of that, the man was Tomato. While Kazuki had a fantastic night the time they went out (especially with the brandy), Tomato wouldn't stop rambling about himself the entire time. Had the women not looked the way they did, Kazuki probably would've dragged himself and Ezhno "home". His eyes then darted to Rua, who was next to the speed demon. He looked nervous... too nervous. While Rua wasn't a threat to the cabbie, but he could feel the goosebumps starting to form. With the nudge Rua gave, it was apparent he picked up some confidence when he was with the cabbie. Tomato quickly spat out the 'truth' that made Kazuki c**k an eyebrow. "What?" He growled again.

Jacobs could tell Kazuki was losing it; but as Kazuki started to flare up, Jacob could feel his rage boil down. He didn't like the fact that everyone was so angry. There was only enough room for one person to be angry. Attitude brightening up like usual, Jacob smiled while Kazuki prowled towards the little mob-- squatting with his legs open adjacent from the duo. "You did what?". Not one to add fuel to the fire, Jacob tried to add water to things. "In other words, Roo-boy and me aren't in the wrong. So let's quickly leave the guy to the guard and go for drinks!" Jacob realized that it was an oil fire only after he was punched in the shoulder by the snarling Kazuki. "Now. Not time for your games Cabbie." He grumbled in a hushed voice. "C'mon Ol' man. I already knocked him around a bit, give him a bit line here." Jacob plead back accompanied by Tomato's fearful nod.

Ezhno made sure to be still, pressing his ear to the door. It was just a lot of mumbling, but it seemed that it wasn't just Tom and Kazuki in there. Carefully, he lightly tapped on the door to check if Kazuki was still guarding it. He peeked in after cracking the door open just a smidge. Heart fluttering, Ezhno saw Rua first; then a glimpse of Jacob; finally the wide back of Kazuki. They all seemed to be staring down at something, but what? Crawling in a little more, Ezhno kept an eye on everyone's hostile face. "If you're going to sneak in here, hurry up and come in." Kazuki snapped, turning around and glaring at Ezhno. "How much did you hear?" "Just give it to him straight. Tomato man here is actually the one selling your end of the deal, we just got framed." Jacob filled in quickly, followed by another smile. Shocked, Ezhno simply gawked at the little group before scurrying into the little huddle. Taking a moment to absorb everything, Ezhno could only quaver, "But...why?" Kazuki stood up and shut the door, making sure to lock it this time. "Well, mind filling everyone in before the ol' man gets a hand on ye?" Jacob playfully asked, tugging on the collar before climbing off. No need to be pressing, well with everyone here and ready to throw punches.
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      xxxOOC:Typed this up earlier today, but game client crashed my laptop before I saved everything. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Remotivated after taking a day-long nap though.

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

xxxx I go to sleep alone, and wake up alone. I take walks. I work until I'm tired.
xxxx▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

With an ever growing spine, Rua took on a less than scare persona around Kazuki. He folded his arms across his chest, staring down at the one that caused all the trouble. Kazuki was now involved and knew about things. And from the light coming in from the hall from the door cracked open, Ezhno was going to know about the truth as well. Good. Everyone involved was here. Rua felt relief seeing him again. At least he could talk to him again. Maybe.

Rua felt like he could read this guy's mind on why he did it. “Money. It's all about money, isn't it?” He muttered. And Tomato nodded. “I've been stuck with shitty jobs and I wanted money! I deserved it!” It was always about the money. Rua has been there, done that. At least he wasn't on such a shitty level like Tomato. Sure, they both stole information and sold it, but at least Rua had a conscious and in the end took the blame. Tomato here would have just kept going and could have even got away with it if not for Jacob's plan. Tomato was just in it for the money, Rua had been doing it for the money, yes, but his plan was to help his family. He had somewhat some good intentions, but that didn't excuse him.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Everything seems simple until you think about it.

σσƈ:I ended up taking too long to think and try to write and now I gotta cut my post short to hurry to work! lol I'll do better next post!

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

W e xa l l o w x o u r s e l v e sx t o x t h i n k x t h a t x w e x c a n x s u r v i v e x a l o n e

t h a t x w e x c a n x d e c e i v ex o t h e r s x w i t h o u tx t h e i rx k n o w i n g

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

"Shitty minds think alike." Kazuki grumbled as he returned to the little circle. Towering over the group, he stood firm with his arms crossed. Ezhno frowned at the selfishness of Tomato, while Jacob simply smiled. It seemed Rua had grown a lot since he dug himself into a hole-- something both Kazuki and Ezhno noted too."I'm guessin' you'd call these two a victim of opportunity right?" Jacob asked, pointing to the two. "Or is it because you didn't want the partnership to go through?" Kazuki accused, glaring down at Tomato. Tomato had, unluckily, redirected all of the anger Kazuki felt at Rua to himself. Knuckles all white again, Kazuki could only scowl at the man-- any quick movements and Jacob was there as the knight and shining armor. Before Kazuki could make any further remarks or movements, Ezhno had cast him out. If you need to blow off some steam, go punch that chair over there or something. Your anger isn't going to solve much at this point." With one last 'tch', Kazuki did as he was told and walked over by the chair, pushed a convenient distance away, and threw a punch. Toppling over the chair easily, he stepped on it to prevent any further clattering. "Feelin' better ol' man?" Jacob bugged with a smile.

With a lot more stares and empty silence, the little ping turned all heads. "Times up. Either we're quicker or Tom is having a feast." Jacob said, getting up to check on everything. "What is it?" Ezhno asked, following Jacob. "Copied over the tape of him stealing the information... but the question isn't what we want to do with this, it's what does he want us to do." Jacob answered, focusing on unplugging everything. "Wait you'd want to do... here let me.." Ezhno jumped in, getting his hands in the wire-y mess. After calming down a bit, Kazuki still tried to rub the goosebumps away. He hadn't even turned around yet, he just stood in the corner with hands on hips-- if he caught sight of either Rua or Tomato, he'd surely burst again. "Want us to leave you here or would you rather we take the tapes in?" He commanded... never really questioning.
      xxxOOC:Oh my gosh! I thought I posted this last night, but I guess I was too tired and ended up just keeping it to myself!

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

xxxx I go to sleep alone, and wake up alone. I take walks. I work until I'm tired.

Tomato's reaction to Kazuki's words gave it away that he had another motive besides money. To make the partnership fall through and further screw people over. Just another thing to add to the list of how scummy this man was. 'Thank god I wasn't entirely like him.' Not a hundred percent scum! Ezhno caught Kazuki before the older man could take his anger out on the captive man. The chair became the target instead. Finally the ping to signal the download was done. They had their proof!

“I say take the man and the tapes and turn them both over. End this whole business.” Rua added in his two cents. Clear up Kazuki and Ezhno in their business and prove Jacob and himself innocent. That was the goal yes? Whether or not Kazuki and Ezhno wanted the tapes or the man or both was up to them really. “It's your jobs, not ours. You choose what you want to do with him.” In truth, Rua's 'turn both things over' was probably more merciful than if they let Kazuki just have at tomato man.

"We should just hurry up, make a decision and get out of here before the security guy comes back." He would really like to keep from getting in trouble for trespassing.

σσƈ: Haha! It happens!

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

"It shouldn't be much longer.." Ezhno mumbled, going from the modem to under the table then back to the little screen. "Oh? Yer more savvy than I am Pip. Good thing!" Jacob laughed as he gave a firm pat on Ezhno's shoulder. Meanwhile, Kazuki nearly bit his tongue off as Rua spoke answered-- did he ask for what Rua said? Transferring the responsibility back onto Kazuki and Ezhno, Jacob nodded to agree. "Right. If it were up to me, I'd leave him some place where he'd decompose with all of his plant mates. But yer still the boss ol' man." Jacob supported, glancing over his shoulder to wink at Rua. The grumbles could be heard from Kazuki as he angrily set the chair back up. "Listen here. If either of you""I second Rua." Ezhno interjected with confidence from under the desk. "Well of course you would, kid. Remember what I""I second Roo-boy's notion!" Jacob interrupted merrily. "I can't even finish a sent--""That's enough Kazuki. Set him up." Ezhno commanded, popping out from under the table to glare at Kazuki. Ezhno motioned for Jacob to help with a tip of the head before turning back to finish up. "Rodger that boss!" Jacob saluted with a cheery smile.

Together, the grouchy ex-mob and the cheery cabbie struggled to hoist the Tomato to his feet and into the chair. During the struggle, Ezhno heaved a sigh before crawling out. Turning to Rua, "You get to be watchdog over there-- tell me if and when you see Tom." He requested, pointing to a monitor against the wall of screens. While he tapped away at the keyboard on the desk, Ezhno eventually pulled out a few cords. "Disks are almost ready."

Trying not to make too much eye contact with Rua, Ezhno walked towards the fumbling duo and helped them tape Tomato down. "Geeze. Both of you are so efficient independently, but together, you take forever!" Ezhno joked, snickering as the ripped the duct tape. With a few more hushed laughter from them, the two had nudged Kazuki enough for his goosebumps to fade."Just be glad you guys are witnesses. I'd have this Tomato squished if you weren't." Kazuki murmured, squinting at the pale Tomato. "You aren't the only one." Ezhno added, wrapping the tape around tightly. "Pip?" Jacob gasped. "Don't be misled by his demeanor. The kid here can be the spawn of Satan if he was pushed to it." Kazuki nudged the blondie with a few more subdued laughs. "Then what's really stopping us?" Ezhno jested before scurrying back to the pinging apparatus he'd set up.
      xxxOOC:Good thing the midnight snack is treating our security guard well! This week is a lot of packing for me, so replies may be slow!

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

If only they could leave him to decompose and rot. Rua would be very happy with that option and the others most likely had the same wish. Jacob had agreed with him on leaving the decision to Kazuki and Ezhno. It was after all their jobs that had been meddled with. They probably were more angry with the whole situation than the cabbie and cook. Hey were after all the ones that had to deal with the aftermath of it all. And Ezhno agreed with him as well. Rua caught himself almost smiling in his direction. But he simply coughed, cleared his throat and kept a straight face.

They set to lifting the gross man from the floor and set him in the chair. Ezhno gave him the task of keeping look out. Simple enough. Rua nodded and looked to the screen, watching for any signs of the security officer's return. So far, so good. They were still in the clear but probably for not much longer. A break could only last so long! He peeked away for a moment from the monitors, a brow raised in curiosity when Ezhno's demeanor was brought into question. He could be the spawn of satan? Geez, its always the nice quiet ones. Rua hoped he wouldn't see that side of Ezhno. Or at least, have it not directed at him. He was never really good with confrontation.

“Still no sign of the guy. If you want to have a go at him, you still got time.” Rua informed, only half joking. Tomato sweated in his seat, looking ever so pale and frightened. Jacob seems to have been the only one to actually hit the man. Lucky him.

σσƈ: Must be some good snack! Oh! Have fun packing! Going on a trip?

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

By the time Ezhno had gotten a hold on everything and pulled out a disk, Rua had offered them the chance to work however they pleased. With a few scattered chuckles from the three males, Ezhno placed the CD beside the keyboard of the computer. "Alright. We're done here. Pack up." Ezhno called back, dismantling whatever he had set up. As Jacob and Kazuki pattered around to pick up things and stick them back into the brief case, Jacob eventually meandered over to pat Rua on the shoulder. "Want to fix yer paper trail Roo?" He asked, glancing over his shoulder to the few papers scattered here and there. "Literally." Kazuki added, as he made sure Tomato was settled and not budging. "Kid, don't forget to wipe your prints. If you remember which keys exactly, just smear 'em. A clean keyboard is a questionable one." Kazuki coached, adding another piece of tape to Tomato's mouth. Leaning in close with the same sinister smirk that Jacob had, Kazuki patted Tomato's cheek firmly. "Don't cause us anymore trouble." His "merry" face suddenly shut into a piercing glare.

Gathering everything, Ezhno made sure things were back to their place-- or what seemed to be the place. Janitors did a fantastic job going around rather than getting everything. Fixing his tie, Ezhno gently brushed Kazuki's hair back into place. "If we leave now, we may catch Tom on the way out." Ezhno said, glancing at a screen to find a car pulling in. "Let's try not to catch Tom. But on the chance we do, wearily smile and tell him good work." Kazuki commanded. Rebuffing Ezhno's hand, Kazuki swung his jacket over his shoulder and picked up his case. Jacob did the same, running a hand through his hair and smirking at Tomato. Briefly batting his lashes a bit, Jacob burst into a laugh. "Turned ye on a bit, didn't I?" Jacob teased, giving Tomato's shoulder a light backhand. "Alrightie laddies! Let's go!" Jacob cheered as soon as everyone was done. Going to open the door, Jacob became confused when the door clattered and remained shut. Losing the wide smile, he gave a light nervous chuckle as he tried to jostle the door open.

"The lock you idiot." Kazuki sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Right. Right." Clicking the door, Jacob was able to swing the door open and march out-- leading the group. Perkier than ever, the charismatic men strutted forward. Eventually, Jacob had mushed Kazuki away from Ezhno's side and forward. "C'mon ol' man! If we go first, we can speed off to the bars first and drink this whole mess under the table!" Jacob mushed while Kazuki nearly threw all of his weight on the cabbie. "No way in hell! I'm not letting that mole near my kid again!" Kazuki struggled, turning back to catch a glimpse of Rua. With goosebumps forming all over again, the adrenaline kicked in and a tussle started.

The play flight grew more intense as the two neared the main hall. Jacob's laughter filled the empty halls, broken a few times by Kazuki's grunts. "Are you bein' serious ol' man? I always assumed you were tougher!" Jacob teased, earning a ringed-hand to the face-- open palm of course. With his face getting smeared, Jacob figured he'd return the favor and grabbed Kazuki's face too. "Ten years too early for that to work on me." Kazuki chuckled through gritted teeth. With a sweep of the leg, Jacob had the bleached-white haired male on the ground with a thud. Bending over to pick him up in a fireman carry, Jacob turned around and gave a winked-salute to the couple. "I'll get him out of your hair now. Take care Pip! T'was fun with ye Roo-boy!" Jacob called back, trying his best to jog with the weight away. "Top o' the mornin' to 'ya Tom!" He cheerily said as he was further ahead, hopefully as a warning to the pair. "Oh the ol' man? Worked himself to death I guess!" Jacob added with an audible laugh. With that, Ezhno heard the doors open and was left to patter along with Rua.

Nothing came to mind to say. Not even a 'how are you?' for that would be a bit of an awkward question. Ezhno simply swung his arm over Rua's shoulder and pulled him in close. "Tired.." He grumbled, putting a bit of his weight onto Rua. He tried his best to manage most of it-- Rua must be pretty exhausted himself. By the time he thought of clearing his throat, Tom had passed by with a tip of his hat and a nod. Phew. That was easier than expected. With a bit of distance until the cold night could freeze them, Ezhno deduced the two should have a plan. Finally clearing his throat, Ezhno pushed up his glasses. "So.. uh.. what now?"
      xxxOOC:Yeesh, time really did get away from me sweatdrop I'm going to a 7-week college program to get me ahead in my major! So my summer's gettin' cut short this year. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I think we have enough time to finish.

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

Oh yeah, the papers. “Someone take over watching the monitor then.” He said, switching with whomever decided to take the task and then went to fix up the files he had been looking through. Good thing it was organized from the get go. All he had to do was just put them back into the slots that he pulled them from, neating up until there was no signs that they had been looked through. He shut the cabinet with a soft click and even wiped off the handle where he pulled. They were finally getting the hell out of there. He hoped that they would remain in the clear but Ezhno said if they leave now, they might catch Tom. Oh damn.

Rua followed suit and left along with the others after the little trouble with the lock. He kept walking along, not entirely noticing what Jacob was trying to pull. But once things started to get a little more heated, he got the message. Damn, he owes Jacob free meals for months as thanks. Best wing man. Rua couldn't help but grin at the cabbie.

They received the indirect warning from Jacob about Tom returning. Though that now left Rua and Ezhno in a rather awkward situation. They haven't seen each other in a while and now were left alone together. And after everything that happened, how could it not be strange feeling? Ezhno seemed determined to not let that awkwardness happen and just skipped right along to having contact. Instant reaction to help keep him up and play along with the idea as well, Rua wrapped one arm around the other's waist. They passed Tom with ease and once outside of earshot, Rua left out a breath of relief. Finally over.

“Uh, you hungry?” He asked, peeking at him from the corner of his eyes. “I could whip something up. Or get take out.” He was tired after all. “Maybe get drinks, though avoid Jacob and Kazuki.” Especially Kazuki.

σσƈ: Ooh wow! Nice! Working hard haha. We can probably finish. I feel like we can do it!!

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

When Rua spoke, Ezhno too glanced over. With eyes meeting for a brief second, his gaze snapped back to straight forward. The pair had three steps forward and two steps back-- or so it seemed. While Ezhno knew his feelings towards Rua had not changed, he couldn't help but feel disgusted at himself. The warmth around his waist only made him feel more guilty. "It doesn't really matter.. Which ever would be most convenient for you." Ezhno muttered, sniffling a bit. "Can't believe they really left us." He whined in a tired manner. Checking down at his watch, it seemed it'd be easier to just sleep at the office... but not with Rua. RIght. It was time to go home.. well "home." Legs faltering with every step, Ezhno ached with every step he pushed forward. "Want to just head back to your place and crash for the night? I don't think my stomach is really up for any consuming.." He added, glancing at Rua then back to the ground.

Is this what it was like to be a couple? Problems and separation anxiety are glossed over whenever together-- all one needed was the other. No food. No drinks. No work. Just the warmth of love? Ezhno couldn't help but give a weak smile. He didn't deserve to couple with Rua; not what he just put him through. Shaking his head ever so slightly, Ezhno successfully fended back the tears. Not today. All the sobbing would be saved for the train ride home.

Jacob fumbled around to his cab and tossed Kazuki in with a grunt. "You idiotic cabbie! How dare y""What does Pip like to eat most?" Jacob interjected. With a blink of an eye, Kazuki quickly answered "Chicken alfredo with penne pasta." "That paired with a viognier would make for a nice night, wouldn't it?" Jacob finished with a smile. Letting out a sigh, Kazuki rubbed his furrowing eyebrows. "You're going to speed across town anyways, let's just hurry up so I can pound some whiskey in." With a salute, Jacob slammed the car door shut and scurried off behind the wheel. Zipping across town, he made a few orders of the dish along with a bottle of the wine. With Kazuki groaning in the back, Jacob could only laugh in attempts to distract the male. Meanwhile, Ezhno had slowly shuffled forward. His feet were dead weights and his briefcase, although empty, was dislocating his shoulder with its weight. Trudging forward, Ezhno slowly shifted his weight off of Rua. "I think it'd be faster if I didn't lean on you."

With that, the male straightened himself out and tried to move forward quickly. Being a bit further apart from Rua made him realize how dependent he was on him; how cold it was not to be near him-- quite literally and figuratively. What made Rua so special to him? Without thinking, Ezhno slipped the question, "What do you like about me..?" By the time he staggered forward a bit more to realize the magnitude of the question, Ezhno quickly rubbed his forehead. "Sorry.. ignore that.." He mumbled, continuing. He had did his best to memorize the direction to Rua's, and if he was remembering correctly, it wasn't much further until they could be sheltered with warmth.

Without much delay, the package was delivered to Rua's doorstep. Jacob had taken the shortest way and had caught a glance and the slow moving couple. No way he'd take time away from their little chit chat. As he sped off to the bars, Jacob knew he'd be spending the rest of the morning with Kazuki drinking. Not that it bothered him.
      xxxOOC:Woo! Thank you! <: Let's finish strong this time too!

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

Well, the major downside to Jacob leaving with Kazuki is that now Rua and Ezhno had to walk and in a relatively awkward atmosphere. “Sure, sounds good.” Skip food, just head back to his place. That would be fine, right? Rua didn't even really think about it before, but were they ok? They never really made anything official and what if this whole situation just muddle everything up? What if this whole thing just brought up bad memories of the first time they met and now Ezhno wasn't so sure he wanted to be around him? Then by Jacob and Kazuki leaving them alone, the other could be hating this! Ugh! Why did they have to leave them alone!

Ezhno eventually shifted off, talking on his own. Rua let go of course, not wanting to cause any more assumed discomfort. He still had the briefcase Jacob had him hold earlier, practically forgetting he even had it still. He looked at Ezhno holding his own. “Want me to carry that?” He asked, trying to be polite. Oh but given how twice information had been take, Rua quickly regretted his offer. He really didn't want to appear strange.

Then he was posed with the question what did he like about Ezhno. He had said to ignore it but it had Rua thinking. What did he like about him? He thought about his first experience with Ezhno. How he was hunched over on his desk, doodling a space ship on some paper. He stammered and stuttered, and tried to keep a stoic face but was so easy to fluster. Rua liked how modest he was. The drawing was 'nothing special' but Rua still thought it was neat. He called himself lousy and said he had no real skills to get him anywhere. And when Rua stirred the pot and caused him trouble, Ezhno almost took the blame and instead of hating him forever, he helped Rua leave. He liked that stuttering and awkward Ezhno, he liked the sweet and modest qualities. He liked his ability to forgive.

Of course, Ezhno has changed so much from that stammering awkward coworker. He seemed more sure of himself now. And Rua liked that too. There were just so many things. Too many to say and too embarrassing to admit. “Uh, not too far now.” He alerted, somewhat pulling his suit coat closer to him for more warmth. It was rather chilly. "So uh... I tried to call you a few times." Rua spoke up. "Were you... mad at me?" Did Ezhno believe it had been him that had caused the problem and thus didn't want to talk to him? He couldn't entirely blame him.

σσƈ: We can do it!!

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

Ezhno glanced over with a gentle smile, "It's ok, just an empty case." Ezhno quickly lifted the case up, as if to prove how light the case was. Turning forward, Ezhno huffed a bit... boy that took quite a bit of energy. As the two continued forward in silence, he occasionally stole a few looks at the pondering Rua. It seemed a lot was going on, was Ezhno bothering him now too? Planning and executing a break in for evidence wasn't something that happens overnight; the stress of knowing that one needs to resort to a break-in is enough to turn hairs gray. On top of wrestling the actual culprit after a full day of work? Rua made Ezhno's desk job look like nothing. Rubbing his eyes, Ezhno nodded when Rua reported the nearing of "home." With a few shifts from the re-adjusting Rua, Ezhno rolled his shoulders back to maintain posture... and hide the quivering. He had assumed he was going to be in a warm cab and only ran out in his suit jacket. Whoops.

Pattering along, Ezhno turned to Rua. "Wait. What?" He blurted. "You called?" Fumbling around in his pockets, his frozen hands managed to pull out his phone and check the logs. Scrolling through only the names of Jun and Akagi repeated. "I didn't get anything...And I couldn't call you... I lost your number..." Ezhno explained, looking away with a bit of embarrassment. "Mad? I... I wouldn.. " Trailing off, Ezhno couldn't bring himself to finish. Heart pounding out of his chest, Ezhno snatched up Rua's hand. "I-if I had t-the choice, t-there's no way I c-could ignore you.." Ezhno stammered.

Before Ezhno could try to further explain, he saw the staircase. "Let's just quickly go inside first." Making the executive order, he rushed with Rua's hand in his. Hopefully the jog-sprint up the stairs got rid of some of the adrenaline. As he approached the door, a short stack of extravagant boxes beside a bottle of wine slowed him down. "This one right?" He asked, pointing to the door confused. Picking up the take-out boxes, a note fluttered down. 'Enjoy kiddos." Short and simple. With a sigh and smile, Ezhno leaned towards Rua with the note. "I guess they didn't abandon us completely..." He snickered. With the mood lifted a bit, hopefully the wine would be strong enough to get them through the dreaded conversations.

Ezhno was lucky that he got away with 'be good' and a note last time. With the messy scribbles closing the end of the previous encounter, he managed to avoid Rua face to face. This time, they had to rebuild and reaffirm everything face to face without a ten year gap. Worried that Rua had enough of being blamed and constantly under suspicion, Ezhno couldn't help but fret over the outcome of the night. Taking a deep breath, he tried to maintain a calm mind and thought of things to say. Sorry would be a good thing. Bending over for the bottle, Ezhno reached for Rua's case. "I'll hold that while you get the door." He added, balancing everything to make room for the case.
      xxxOOC:Got distracted so writing took longer than I had hoped.

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

So he hadn't been ignoring him? His calls didn't even appear to show up in the logs! And he lost his number so he couldn't call him back. What a relief! While it was bad that those things happened but it was so much relief that it wasn't the fact that Ezhno was mad and ignoring him. Rua didn't want Ezhno to hate him. He even assured him that he couldn't ignore him. The cook couldn't help the slightly amused chuckle that escaped him. He was just so glad Ezhno wouldn't ignore him.

With a subtle smile, Rua went along with Ezhno, hurrying up the stairs and trying to keep from tripping up on his own feet. Up the stairs, he huffed in a breath of air, calming from the sprint upwards. “Uh yeah?” Rua replied, looking past him to the door. It was his door, but what was all that stuff? He didn't order anything. The answer was a note from none other than Jacob. “Well I suppose that means we can let them off the hook.” Rua laughed.

At the other's offer, Rua nodded and handed the case over, going to grab his keys from his pants pocket. It was weird being in such dressy clothes. He was more used to his casual wear or his kitchen clothes. The pull on parts of the fabric was different than what he was used to but so familiar from his time back at the offices with Ezhno. Sure sizes changed a little and these were actually somewhat new, but the feel was the same. Keys in hand, he soon unlocked the door, hurrying to open it and snag his case back. He wasn't going to make him carry everything in. He tucked his case against the wall by the door and turned around quick to grab the take out containers, and have Ezhno just carry his own case and the wine.

The containers were put on the kitchen counter top and he shimmied out of his coat, putting it on the back of a chair. He unbuttoned the cuffs of his shirt, rolling them up his arms to his elbows. Rua noted that everything felt so much quieter now that Tomato was no longer nearby. He suspected that the other man was being detained right about now. Mood lifting a bit more, he sought out some plates and glasses for the wine. "Make yourself comfortable." Rua told Ezhno, bringing the plates and the glasses to the couch and putting them on the coffee table there.

σσƈ: That happens to me a whole lot haha

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

As the case was passed onto him, Ezhno shifted gently to receive it. Lucky for him, the much heavier-than-expected case simply weighed down his arm-- food and wine safely nestled in his chest. As Rua fumbled around, he huddled in a bit closer in attempts to keep both the food and his beloved warm. Gazing down, he smiled at the sight of Rua in a suit. What a throw back. Before he could fully relish the visual, the door had been opened and the case had been snagged away. "Oh don't worry. I can hol--" Despite is slow objection, the containers left him as well. Sighing with a smile, Ezhno really felt out of Rua's league. How did he deserve Rua's presence? Shaking his head a bit, Ezhno stepped in after Rua. "Pardon the intrusion." He called as he did so.

Following in, Ezhno kept his steps as light as possible-- no need for neighbors to start complaining about noise. Ezhno caught the sight of a preparing Rua as he peered into the kitchen. Always worrying about feeding others. Yet another pained smile came about Ezhno. The soothing voice called him back to reality. "Of course." He replied, stepping towards the little table. Setting his case by the side of the couch, Ezhno leaned in and seated himself with a grunt. Peeling back the cover of the wine, Ezhno chuckled, "They were even considerate enough to get a twist cap." Opening the bottle with ease, he poured the two a full glass of wine. Placing them down delicately, Ezhno finally noticed what was being served. Eyes becoming hearts, he couldn't resist the childish smile that overcame him.

Handing a glass to Rua, he held up his own. "Here's to a clear name and a job well done." Clinking the two glasses together with a grin, Ezhno took a sip of the dry wine and winced at the punched it packed. Coughing a bit, he could already feel his cheeks start to warm up. Scooting a bit closer to Rua, Ezhno tapped their knees together. It was always difficult to get close while eating, but as long as there was a touch of Rua, the meal would always taste better. "So... How was working with Jacob? It's been what.. four or five days since we've last... met?" Ezhno tried to initiate conversation awkwardly.

What should he even say? He rattled himself for other starters with no avail. "We finished our work today." He added, looking up to Rua with a touch of excitement. But as his eyes met the face that once caused so much nervousness, he could feel his heart sink. Just as it did ages ago, Ezhno felt the conflict of nervousness, pain, nostalgia, and love all at once. At this rate, he'd have to hit the wine hard to keep conversation going.
      xxxOOC:<:

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image
RUA . MARCUS

User Image

He took his seat besides Ezhno, accepting the wine glass. He watched with amusement as Ezhno coughed while taking a sip of the wine. He returned it to the table with a small tap, turning his attention onto some food. “It was... interesting. Jacob is a little strange, though mostly because he said things I had no idea what they meant.” Rua said, thinking back. “He was really hard working and pretty efficient.” Jacob was a good person to team up with. Without him, the plan wouldn't have even happened.

“Oh! Congratulations!” Ezhno finished his work, so obviously that was a big deal. Always a good thing. But things sunk in more and more. Ezhno finished his work so that meant he would be leaving. Oh. “Good job.” He was less enthusiastic. As a reflex, Rua retrieved his wine and had a few more sips.

"Bet you're happy about being finished. Must have worked very hard." He remembered Jacob telling him that they were working late on the updates. He hoped that Ezhno was taking care of himself while he had to deal with work and the whole debacle.

σσƈ: ^u^

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

↘↘〈〈 Eznho Sephtis 〉〉

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ

Ezhno gave a weak smile at Rua's initial enthusiasm, but he knew by the follow up that Rua understood what it meant. With a bite of food, Ezhno mimicked Rua and took a gulp himself. Giving a cough, Ezhno took a few more bites. "Bitter sweet of course.." Ezhno answered shortly, pouting as he forked up the food. The pasta was delicious. The wine, impeccable. The warmth of Rua's knee was cherished. Yet.. how come the perfect meal tasted to plain? Ezhno could only feel the smooth texture of the alfredo and the burning kick of the wine. With more pasta shoved into his mouth, Ezhno decided to drink more of the wine. A lot more. Nearly emptying the cup, he figured if beer was liquid confidence then wine would be too. Right?

Ezhno seemed to believe so. With the mix of emotions draining his mental endurance ever so slowly, he could feel himself start to tear up. Rubbing his eyes with a slight frown, Ezhno tried to continue eating. Before long, he could feel a hot streak against his left cheek. Then his right. With blurred vision, he quickly wiped his face. Ezhno pushed around his food before shoveling more in. With emotions swirling him into confusion, he could feel the burning and tingling of more tears yearning to escape. Picking up the glass, he finished it in a petty attempt to fight off the tears. Ezhno had to turn away to ensure if any were to sneak out then it would quickly be wiped away. As he tried to compose himself, he could feel himself becoming a bit lighter and much more hazier. Remember Ezhno's stages of drunkedness? Reluctant, accepting, confident, horrified, humorous, nonchalant, and clingy. Well here comes reluctance.

His leg carefully nudged against Rua's; hesitant to move it anymore, the leg lifted a bit before returning the ground. Once again, it began to rise, but Ezhno fought of the feeling by bouncing his knee. Nervousness being blocked off by the burning wine, his heart fought off the alcohol and raged on. Thump thump thump. Face burning red, he could even feel the heat on his ears and the back of his neck. Now or never! Instead of the leg slowly lifting, Ezhno shifted his leg under Rua's, intertwining their legs. "Do you... d-do you want to.. t-talk about.. u-us?" With a now dried face, Ezhno looked to Rua.
      xxxOOC:<:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out