Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.

This is a private roleplay between Sakamoto_Blossom and myself. Please restrain yourself from posting if you are neither of us! yum_puddi

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image

RUA . MARCUS

User Image

“Can I have everyone’s attention for a moment please?” A strong voice called out, commanding attention in the work room. “We have a new employee here. Mr. Marcus. Please show him the ropes and welcome him.” It was just a brief introduction for the dark haired young man. He stood promptly at the boss’s side, waiting silently as attention was pulled to them and eyes were staring back at him. The man said a few more things before brushing them all off. “That’s all, get back to work.” Eyes shifted back to whatever the person was doing.

He was told to go to the space nearby a guy, which he had no issue with. Rua had yet to actually formally introduce himself to anyone, but it would be dealt with eventually. The newcomer to this company had dark hair and a fair complexion. He dressed well and wore a confident smile. Though his eyes, mismatched in color, held an expression of mischief. He seemed like the type of guy one would easily trust, what with that smile of his and the way he carried himself. Calm, confident, collected. A few friendly employees had flocked over when the boss left, chatting up with the new man and take initiative to welcome him. That only lasted a moment while Rua left them with a promise of having coffee sometime to get to know everyone better. With that said, he went over to his work space, and greeted his work neighbor politely.

Where I am: Work XXXXXXXXOOC: Welp, hope this is ok, a bit short though. XXXXXXXX

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Why am I always the nice guy?
Why am I always alone?
Why does nobody notice?

•═══════════════════════════════•

zhnoxxxxxxephtis

User Image

☆═━┈┈━┈┈━┈┈━┈┈━┈┈━┈┈━┈┈━┈┈━┈┈━┈┈━═☆

Ezhno had woken early that morning. He lazily got ready, regretting the idea of work. Ezhno put on the same suit he had worn the day before,
"Nobody is going notice.." he mumbled to himself. Before leaving, however, Ezhno switched his old tie for a new black one he had bought for himself. Without glancing at the mirror, Ezhno left without looking at the mirror that hung beside the door.

After the dull commute to work, Ezhno quietly punched in for work and immediately headed towards his desk. There were a few workers in before him who, much like the ones that followed after, neither look at nor greeted him. Ezhno sat in his desk and diligently typed in forms and letters. His desk was organized and kept very simple; little had been added to what was first provided for him-- the only thing that had changed was another little cup for pencils and pens and his glasses case. The desk beside him was unlike any other in the office, it was empty. Ezhno originally had a "desk partner", a simply young woman who left a few months after joining. Since then, many who filled that desk, often left it. He had been accustomed to short meetings, mostly because they didn't care for Ezhno-- which he learned to not mind too.

After half an hour of working, his boss called out for an announcement. At first, Ezhno glanced over; but after seeing the young make who stood next to the boss, he silently turned back to his work. After the young one settled down, he shrunk as his co-workers swarmed his new partner. After all the commotion had left, Ezhno remained quiet, diligent. He had expected to not be noticed, so he made no efforts; Ezhno had pulled the little cup closer to his side of the desk, being slightly mindful to the other's space.

Ezhno had glanced over when the male greeted him; he softly stuttered a reply, not surprised that he clamored over such simple words. Returning to his own little bubble, he made little eye contact. After a few minutes of simply typing to himself he mustered up enough will to softly utter,
"Welcome to the company." With that being established Ezhno, a 26 year old hermit since the time he was born, returned to work.

【OOC: Sorry for the delay! Had dinner ._.;; I'm going to silently watch over for now, so replies might be slow. But I promise that there will be a reply here first thing in the morning at least! 】

But when will I change?

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image

RUA . MARCUS

User Image

Not a very talkative man, Rua deduced. He was working on setting up his space. Papers went here, writing utensils there. Neat and tidy right off the bat. Then for a little personal touch to show he would be there for some time, a small photo frame tucked into the corner. It depicted him and several others, boys and girls, decreasing in age. It was a safe assumption that they were relatives. Whilst setting up, he caught the other’s words. Ohh, a greeting.

“Well, thank you very much. I look forward to working alongside you and hope we get along well.” Charisma laced his words like poison on a dagger. Soon enough he sat down to begin his work. On the occasional pauses, he would lean back in his chair, looking from the corner of his eyes at his desk mate. He scanned over him, soon appearing with a smile as he shifted in his chair a bit. “You have crumbs on your lapel.” He said to the other. “And a stain on your elbow.” He picked up on small details that would usually go rather unnoticed, if one wasn’t paying much attention.

“Shouldn’t let that set in for too long, or else you won’t be able to be rid of it. I’ve learned that the hard way.” He was initiating chatter with the other. “Oh, very sorry, I should properly introduce myself. Rua Marcus. Pleasure to meet you.”

Where I am: Work XXXXXXXXOOC: Ok ^^ XXXXXXXX

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Why am I always alone?
Why does nobody notice?

zhnoxxxxxxephtis

User Image

Ezhno simply nodded in reply to the other's words. He tried to keep himself distant and secluded, yet there was a strange part of him attracted. Rua's poisonous words meant nothing to Ezhno, they simply appeared empty and out of common courtesy. Ezhno kept to himself, but every time Rua stretched, he glanced over quickly. Catching a glimpse of the young male seemed almost forbidden, a taboo. Rua, a young male who has gotten pretty far and pretty fast, is seated next to Ezhno, the human form of "the forever alone". This idea had Ezhno puzzled. Before, many of the partners where simpletons just looking for a couple extra hundred to make ends meet. But something about Rua made Ezhno cautious, yet intrigued.

Ezhno quickly turned back to his screen after he had realized he had been staring at Rua. Just when he started to type again, he heard the young man's confident voice again. Crumbs.. on his lapel? A stain on his elbow? Ezhno fought the urge to check, for he was afraid of embarrassment. He did, however, let a subtle confused, almost trivial, look escape. Ezhno had always been very careful to keep every aspect of his life somewhat manageable. Due to the shortages at work prior to Rua joining the team, Ezhno found himself working late hours and early mornings. This meant he did not have the time, nor the care, to keep his home life clean. Slowly glancing down to his elbow, he did notice a slight stain-- probably from the take-out soy sauce he had had for dinner. He continued to stay quiet until he was forced to reply when the other "properly introduced" himself.

"T-Thank you for the t-tip. I'm Ezhno, and the feelings are m-mutual" He stuttered quickly. He had wanted to keep conversations minimal and stoic. Returning to the comfort of his blue lit monitor, Ezhno carried on with work--still glancing over every so often to check on the newbie. "If you need a-anything, a-ask." Ezhno piped up, his syntax was awkward but it was intended in order to keep the statement short.

【OOC: Here it is! Sorry if he's a bit hard to communicate with. I will happily change it if you need more to work with; but, I'm going to call it a night now. Catch you in the morning. 】

But when will I change?

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image

RUA . MARCUS

User Image

His lips curled up in the corners in a smile. How cute the stutter was. He seemed like he didn’t talk much to others. For goodness sakes, when looking away from him Rua thought for a moment that he wasn’t even next to him had it not been for the sound of the clacking of keys to indicate that Ezhno was indeed still there. The silent type huh. “I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks Ezhno.” He was sure to use the others name. But before he went right back to work, he just had to share the little helpful tid-bit. “One of my little brothers used to spill stuff on his shirts all the time. So my tip to get rid of the stain, be sure to run cold water over the back of the fabric, then rub detergent on it for 3 minutes tops. If that doesn’t work, I would suggest letting it soak in warm water for a while and use a spray or stick. Should have no trouble after that.”

With that having been said, Rua was back to working, eyes leaving his desk mate. Occasionally he would fidget with a pen, twirl it with his fingers, tap it against his thigh or roll it on his desk. At one point it rolled onto the other’s side, crossing some invisible line. “Oops, sorry.” Rua said with a hum as he retrieved it and placed it back on his side while ceasing his fidgeting. If one thing showed in his work, he was very fast and efficient. Although he took small breaks from time to time, he still was working wonderfully.

His next little break had him turning to the other. "Care to have some coffee sometime?" A rather bold statement to ask someone he just met but it seemed his style.

Where I am: Work XXXXXXXXOOC: He is perfectly fine. Night! I am off too XXXXXXXX

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Why am I always alone?
Why does nobody notice?

zhnoxxxxxxephtis

User Image

Ezhno nodded and incoherently grumbled in reply to Rua's tip; he felt it was unnecessary to re-thank the male. After quietly working for a while, he slowly became more and more agitated with Rua's little breaks. The groans, the cracking of the chair when Rua leaned back, the tapping, the fidgeting. Yet every time he found himself wanting to speak up, he simply calmed himself down and promised himself 'next time'. At one point, he caught the other's pen rolling to his side. Tempted to reach out and return it, he hesitated and contemplated long enough for the other to retrieve and apologize for it. Ezhno gave a weak smile when he glanced over. In the process he had realized how much Rua had finished despite all of the little distractions. He glanced back to his screen, relieved to see that he finished a little over half of his portion.

Ezhno was a fairly quick worker too; years of solitude had trained him to easily concentrate for an extended amount of time. He had been able to tune out the office noises, but not Rua's due to the proximity. About forty-five minutes after the pen incident, though it may be extreme to call it an "incident", Ezhno was able to hear the charming tone of Rua's voice. Shocked, Ezhno turned to the other with wide eyes. Coffee? Though Ezhno wasn't much of a coffee person, the alluring chance to be out and socializing was quite tempting. Revealing a look of awe to Rua, Ezhno began to accept the offer mentally yet confidently stated,
"No." Almost shocked by his own reply, Ezhno quickly re-realized that he was, and is always going to be, a social out cast. Glancing at the floor then turning back to the solitude of his screen Ezhno lied, "I still have w-work. I would l-like to finish f-first. Besides, y-you're going out with t-the othe-others." Ezhno, having already accepted his fate, once again returned to his work.

【OOC: Good Morning Blossom! C: 】

But when will I change?

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image

RUA . MARCUS

User Image

Rua lean his head up on his arm, hand under his chin while waiting for the other’s reply. From the look on his face, he believed the answer would be a yes. But to his surprise the reply was no. Well that was unexpected. But he wasn’t letting that deter him. “Well, I can certainly wait for you to finish.” Rua insisted. “Why leave you behind? Doesn’t seem quite right to me.” The dark haired man didn’t seem to want to let this go. “Or perhaps it’s just an excuse.” He said with a wicked grin. “Maybe you just don’t like coffee. Feeling like having another type of drink? Maybe you would prefer to go out for some beer or something. I wouldn’t mind that change.”

Rua was persistent. “Besides, I can always make plans with the others. I don’t work closely with them, but I do with you. So it would be good to get to know you better. So what do you say?" he waited again for Ezhno's reply. "I suppose I'll understand if you really don't want to have just drinks with me." He gave a forlorn look.

Where I am: Work XXXXXXXXOOC: Morning! Sorry it sorta short XXXXXXXX

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Why am I always alone?
Why does nobody notice?

zhnoxxxxxxephtis

User Image

He began to question why the other was so interested; why did this start to happen now? Hesitating to reply, Ezhno mumbled,
"Uhm.. it's o-okay. I don't really f-fit in... It'll be the b-better choice to befriend the o-others; they c-can get your f-further." Pretending to type to seem tactiturn, Ezhno started to become frantic when the other continued speaking. Uncomfortable with so much chatter directed at him, Ezhno's eyebrows scrunched together as he squinted in an attempt to tune Rua out. Despite these efforts, his ears couldn't stop loving the soothing voice. Ezhno also made the mistake of glancing over to see Rua's pup face. His heart felt a pang.

Ezhno was suddenly forced to recall his past memories of being rejected and alone. After contemplating the idea of putting himself at risk of more pain, Ezhno let out a sigh of defeat.
"I g-guess we can g-go out for drinks a-after work.." his voice trailed off at the end, as if he were still in the thought process. After a quick moment of silence, Ezhno turned a bit and gave a small smile of reassurance.

【OOC: No worries! I prefer to keep it short during conversations ^o^ 】

But when will I change?

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image

RUA . MARCUS

User Image

Well Rua could see him being the type to not really socialize well. He stuttered, his sentences were short and he was quiet. Also eye contact didn’t seem to be his strong point either. All the makings for a social outcast. No one would really bat an eye at someone like him. Well, except Rua that is. His pouty sad expression must have won the other over. Oh good, he was going to have to apply another method if that had failed. And it rarely failed. The expression was soon gone and a triumphant and bright grin replaced it. “Wonderful to hear that.” He said. He got Ezhno to agree. “So it’s set. Drinks after work. I know a good bar nearby we can go to.”

Having 'won', he turned himself back to his work. He didn't pose any distractions this time. No shifting around in his chair or tapping a pen anywhere. Rua was focused and smiling. He was swift and eager to finish his work completely.

Where I am: Work XXXXXXXXOOC: :3 XXXXXXXX

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Why am I always alone?
Why does nobody notice?

zhnoxxxxxxephtis

User Image

Ezhno blew a soft gust of air out of his nose as a light laugh in response to Rua's turn in expression. He nodded, turned back to his screen, and returned to typing. He couldn't help but feel more light in attitude; not even the idea of returning home with a hot dinner made him work this quickly. Ezhno also noticed that Rua had been working diligently too; his glances that were once a frequent check, soon were reduced to very few. Yet the few looks he caught of Rua, he found himself smiling afterwards too. Quick to catch himself being quickly familiar with the young male, Ezhno regained his composure and kept a stoic mask on.

A few hours before closing, Ezhno found himself without anything left to type or double check. He had already finished typing his documents and even triple checking all of them. As he carefully leaned away from his computer, he found that the other office workers were frantic to finish their load of documents. Usually Ezhno would leave immediately after the double check, but he had to keep his word. He had tried to concoct an excuse, but found that none of them were convincing enough. Trying to pass time, Ezhno retrieved a crumpled paper from his waste bin underneath his desk and began to doodle. He wasn't an artist, but his parents had been children's book illustrators for a short period of time. Scattered across the page were little amorphous creatures doing random things. A space ship in one corner of the page, while a full dinner set along with dessert sat in the other. Ezhno made sure to keep his doodling a secret from the work place thus far, and made sure that Rua would not be able to see unless Ezhno's space were to be invaded.

【OOC: I didn't know how to describe the soft.. laugh? It's that puff of air your laugh when you see something online but it's not "lol" worthy .__.;;; Hope you don't mind the time skip x: 】

But when will I change?

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image

RUA . MARCUS

User Image

Rua had disappeared from his deck a few moments before. Just a little trip to the rest room and to the water cooler. He had finished and checked his work before doing so. It was safe to say he was ready to go for drinks with his work friend. While Ezhno was doodling, Rua came back, casually walking back over when he caught an interesting sight. He leaned over the other’s shoulder a bit, invading personal space. “Oh, what are ya doing there?” He asked with a light tone. “Doodling?”

“Not bad, I like your space ship.” Rua said with a grin as he pulled away and went back to his chair, leaving Ezhno’s space. “So, I’m done with my work. I can assume you are done as well. So, care to get that drink now?” Rua settled his mismatched eyes right on Ezhno, keeping him in his sights. He had an intend gaze, which may or may not have been due to the color of his irises. A few times in the past, he had been asked if he wore color contacts and that one fell out. Whenever asked that, he would laugh. It was funny seeing how confused it made people. And then he would explain that it was a natural birth defect that he had. Some people even though it made him cooler. He would agree to that.

Where I am: Work XXXXXXXXOOC: I know what you were getting at. Its like a huff sorta. I don't mind. XXXXXXXX

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Why am I always alone?
Why does nobody notice?

zhnoxxxxxxephtis

User Image

Ezhno had been so focused on doodling that he did not realize that Rua had left and returned until his voice rang in his ears. Ezhno jolted,
"Oh! I-I uh... I guess b-but could you... t-thank you" he stuttered. In a calm situation Ezhno's sentences were already broken; mix in surprise and shock, one would get an incoherent stuttering mess. He had tried to answer to both the questions and pose his own; but after realizing he would stutter too much, he gave up and only managed to return a thank you due to his thoughts being jumbled.

With a confused and worried look on his face, Ezhno quickly crumpled up the paper and disposed of it. He turned to Rua and intended to make eye contact; but after only seeing the base of Rua's neck, his eyes immediately shot down. Carefully glancing up and quickly back down, Ezhno saw Rua's whole face for once. In awe of his eyes, Ezhno attempted to divert his own attention by turning back to his desk.
"Y-yeah. Lem-me just p-pack up." Analyzing his desk, he realized that he had already finished packing up. Ashamed and embarrassed for himself, Ezhno bought time by brushing off any eraser shavings and re-aligning the papers and cups on his desk. Turning off his computer, he packed scratch paper into his portfolio case to give the appearance of important papers he was to look over. Slinging the case over his shoulder like a messenger bag, he readjusted his tie and pushed up his glasses. During the whole nine hour shift, Ezhno had neither taken off his jacket nor eaten lunch; he didn't even stand up or stretch out of fear of causing a disturbance.

Standing next to his desk awkwardly, he gripped onto the strap of his case for comfort.
"R-Ready when y-you are." He uttered gently.

【OOC: A huff! I just love your character, but I have to prevent my character from too XD;; 】

But when will I change?

Devout Shade

12,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image

RUA . MARCUS

User Image

“You are pretty good. Did you ever take a drawing class or anything?” Rua asked out of mild curiosity. It was fairly decent even for a doodle. Most people would just do chicken scratch like drawings. Not Ezhno. A surprising little talent for a quiet man. The paper he had been using was crumbled up and tossed out and the spectacled man said he needed to pack up. “Alright. I’ll wait.” He had packed up and was ready. Now he was just waiting. Rua watched as Ezhno cleaned his desk, organized papers, and tucked a few into his portfolio. He watched as he slung his bag over his shoulder and then readied himself.

When he said he was ready, Rua stood up, and pulled on a jacket from the back of his chair and grabbed his own bag. “All good to go. Off to the bar now.” He said with confidence, in comparison to the other’s stuttering. He led the way away from their desk and soon enough out of the building.

Where I am: Work XXXXXXXXOOC: I'm glad you like him ^^ I love your stuttering guy! XD So cute haha. You can go ahead and have them jump to the bar if you want.XXXXXXXX

Shy Friend

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Why am I always alone?
Why does nobody notice?

zhnoxxxxxxephtis

User Image

Staring idly at Rua, he shook his in response to the question. Ezhno's statement attempted to close the topic of his doodling,"It's n-nothing special, just s-something I've p-picked up since I s-started the job." As Rua forged his way to the bar, Ezhno scuffled behind him; his feet dragged at first, but later he moved with silence. Acting like a shadow, he kept his distance behind without saying a word.

As the two walked, Ezhno kept his eyes locked onto Rua's feet; if Rua took a right step, so did Ezhno. Summoning enough courage, he quickly looked up to the world to discover that people were actually looking and smiling at him. A look of awe swept across his face; but soon, the smiling faces turned into confused, almost disgusted, ones. It suddenly struck Ezhno that they were not looking at him, but rather at the young and charismatic Rua.

Returning to his secluded shell; Ezhno stayed behind and kept his distance. He knew no matter what the other would say or do, Ezhno would be determined enough to trail behind with silence. Any time Rua said anything, he would quietly shake his head no and avoid eye contact.

When they arrived at the bar, Ezhno looked around and the dim-lit bar. It was mature; deep colored wood lit by yellow lights. There were few people scattered here and there, but the thing that intrigued Ezhno most was the long bar counter. Although parts of it were dull and seemed wet and dirty, other areas of the dark counter reflected the yellow light beautifully. Ezhno wasn't much to go drink, especially at bars, yet he felt somewhat relieved and relaxed at this one. He continued to follow Rua; when caught with the decision to choose a seat, Ezhno chose one the seat he was most comfortable with-- seated at the left-hand side of Rua.

【OOC: And as it was requested, it was done! C: 】

But when will I change?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out