Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Prophet

The Sexiest Hobo Around

I did your 10Q BJD Meme from deviantart, really fun questions!

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
ToodIes
Casey Itself

I haven't decided yet... I'm not very good at doing faceups but I don't know how much custom work would cost and the factory one is a bit darker than I want.
I've tried doing them before on my monster high dolls. I kinda suck at it tho. I had a picture up before but then I got really shy and embarrassed because it's really not very good at all. sweatdrop

Saffron Blehckchah

That's totally fine!! THANKS! I'm glad to be here <3
I am really super excited for him! I took down his measurements and I'm going to start making clothes and stuff emotion_facepalm He might end up getting a name before I have him if I keep drawing him the way I am going to end up customizing him but I'm not sure yet. haha
Aw! Thank you for taking the time to read that! It was very sweet of you! I think I'll probably take you up on that cute pix spam pretty often!! haha

The price of custom work fluctuates, depending on materials used and the popularity of an artist. If you're willing to dig a bit it can be quite affordable :3 I do my own as a choice.

(In the long run it's definitely not cheaper to do your own, not after all the practice involved @__@ And material costs. I just spent 94.00 on some really high quality pastels. Higher quality than is absolutely necessary, though.)
Casey Itself

The price of custom work fluctuates, depending on materials used and the popularity of an artist. If you're willing to dig a bit it can be quite affordable :3 I do my own as a choice.

(In the long run it's definitely not cheaper to do your own, not after all the practice involved @__@ And material costs. I just spent 94.00 on some really high quality pastels. Higher quality than is absolutely necessary, though.)
Well I have lots of time to look around c:

yeah but it's fun, right? and then you can have exactly what you want! I already have everything I need to get me started and keep me going for a while. 94$ on pastels is quite a bit tho! But do you love them?!?! o u o

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
ToodIes
Casey Itself

yeah but it's fun, right? and then you can have exactly what you want! I already have everything I need to get me started and keep me going for a while. 94$ on pastels is quite a bit tho! But do you love them?!?! o u o

These particular ones are amazing to use, I think *__* I had two of them before that have lasted me well over 6 or 7 years now, so at least I'll get longevity out of them lol

You can definitely get less expensive pastels, though. These particular ones are really soft so they go on smoother imo.
Casey Itself
ToodIes
Casey Itself

These particular ones are amazing to use, I think *__* I had two of them before that have lasted me well over 6 or 7 years now, so at least I'll get longevity out of them lol

You can definitely get less expensive pastels, though. These particular ones are really soft so they go on smoother imo.
That's totally awesome!! c:

I like to keep my eyes out at resale stores for stuff like that. That's where I find my art supplies a lot of the time. and they usually have pretty good brands too!! That is how I got half my prismacolors ;u;

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
ToodIes
Casey Itself
ToodIes
Casey Itself

That's totally awesome!! c:

I like to keep my eyes out at resale stores for stuff like that. That's where I find my art supplies a lot of the time. and they usually have pretty good brands too!! That is how I got half my prismacolors ;u;

I usually Internet shop, but the store I went to has them out where you can see the colors for the single pastels. I regret it a little though, because they were almost twice the price that d**k blick listed them for. Oh well, if I need to replace them later on I know the colors now and will do it online XD
Casey Itself

I usually Internet shop, but the store I went to has them out where you can see the colors for the single pastels. I regret it a little though, because they were almost twice the price that d**k blick listed them for. Oh well, if I need to replace them later on I know the colors now and will do it online XD

ahh too bad, but yeah, now you know!
I love all your faceups they're beautiful! o u o How many do you think you've done?

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
ToodIes
Casey Itself

ahh too bad, but yeah, now you know!
I love all your faceups they're beautiful! o u o How many do you think you've done?

No idea, tbh. Over 100 most likely. I've been doing them since 2004. In the early days I used to redo them often, but I don't so much now. So the number I've been doing in the past few years is lower.
Casey Itself

No idea, tbh. Over 100 most likely. I've been doing them since 2004. In the early days I used to redo them often, but I don't so much now. So the number I've been doing in the past few years is lower.

Oh wow! Well that explains why you're so good at them! Do you feel like your skills ever get rusty if you don't do it for a while?

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
ToodIes
Casey Itself

Oh wow! Well that explains why you're so good at them! Do you feel like your skills ever get rusty if you don't do it for a while?

Yes. Although it's more my confidence in my work that takes a hit in the end. I have a lot of trouble motivating myself to work recently because I feel pressured to try to match my better work XD Gotta love anxiety.
Casey Itself

Yes. Although it's more my confidence in my work that takes a hit in the end. I have a lot of trouble motivating myself to work recently because I feel pressured to try to match my better work XD Gotta love anxiety.
Aww oh no! I'm sorry that happens. </3

Fashionable Gaian

I'm finding Nemo (haha shoot me) irresistible right now as a girl D: I think I may have made a bad choice about the gender when I ordered hom. Mara should have been a boy instead of a girl, not Nemo D: Curse you androgyny tinies!!!

Interstellar Loverboy

34,675 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
The time of ordering my very first BJD is nearing... and I have headache after reading about an hour worth of text from the webpage of Finland's customs office for how to do the whole transaction correctly, and tax percents and such. I am relieved that in one list it was stated that "Dolls and doll parts are customs free" so I only have to pay the VAT. I'm all excited! Next month I can finally place order and then the painful wait starts

Devout Prophet

Finlet
The Sexiest Hobo Around

I did your 10Q BJD Meme from deviantart, really fun questions!

I saw! I did not for the life of me know you had 8 bjd's (and 2 dollfies)! I had fun reading it~

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
I wish the markets would kick up... I hate sitting on dolls and praying they sell... my Room mate has a couple that have been on the MP for over two years and have been discounted heavily....
No interest sucks big ones....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces