Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Prophet

this hobby takes lots of patience. I remember when i first heard it could take 3, 6, 12 months to get a doll. I didn't get it. But now I cherish the waiting and planning, as long as the company is trustworthy.
Not to badmouth Olleaf cause their dolls are cute, but we ordered a choco at the same time as Tao, and ended up cancelling because they never replied to our questions. Then again people have a bad time with aidolls and we have 2 and had no issues.
I hope your doll arrives soon, Lucifer~ heart

I'm still waiting for a pair of doll shoes. I have such bad luck with packages of doll shoes... This time my post office misplaced it when I went to pick it up after getting the "we tried to deliver" slip, said they would call when they found it, but never called. u_________u

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i wouldn't mind waiting 6+ months if it wasn't 6+ months with no communication. emo after a while, you start to feel like they've just taken your money and you're not getting anything for it.
i've waited 2-3 months from dream of doll before and wasn't worried at all because i know they often take that long and they reply quickly to any messages you send them.

i wouldn't badmouth ringdoll's dolls or artists, just whoever's supposed to be dealing with their international customer service. supposedly, the person who replies to their emails in english hurt her hand in an accident in february, but they said she was back at work in march, so i don't think that's a great excuse.

i'm waiting for doll shoes too~

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Pug; Oh wow, look at the teeth on that boy! xD Glad you managed to get a sculpt that won't be available any longer, it would suck if you'd missed out. Hopefully he arrives as a pleasant surprise one of these days. :3

Mm, yeah, DoD is great for the half closed eyes look. ^^

I am beginning to wonder if I should order from them though - first problem is that Mint only comes as a boy, and not as a separate head. u.u Also resin matching DoDs seems to be an issue because apparently they're very pink, and I was looking for a yellower skin tone for my girl, or at least a very pale pink like Spore's girl. :<

@aurae; gonk I'm sorry to hear about your shoe problem! Call that post office of yours and harrass the shoes out of 'em!

Fluffy Prophet

Saffron Blehckchah
@Pug; Oh wow, look at the teeth on that boy! xD Glad you managed to get a sculpt that won't be available any longer, it would suck if you'd missed out. Hopefully he arrives as a pleasant surprise one of these days. :3

Mm, yeah, DoD is great for the half closed eyes look. ^^

I am beginning to wonder if I should order from them though - first problem is that Mint only comes as a boy, and not as a separate head. u.u Also resin matching DoDs seems to be an issue because apparently they're very pink, and I was looking for a yellower skin tone for my girl, or at least a very pale pink like Spore's girl. :<

@aurae; gonk I'm sorry to hear about your shoe problem! Call that post office of yours and harrass the shoes out of 'em!

my isis is very pink! I thought Dollmore was on the pink side, but DoD even more so. Bobobie is close, but it's darker and less powder pink colored. I'm going to put Isis on a Dragondoll pink body and blush it to match. It'll be very close.
I thought the al-a-carte minifee's would still be a great idea, I was very impressed by them in person, and they are versatile
Haha.. Ryu's song is Vona by Evita.

Pugnacious Banana
i wouldn't mind waiting 6+ months if it wasn't 6+ months with no communication. after a while, you start to feel like they've just taken your money and you're not getting anything for it.
i've waited 2-3 months from dream of doll before and wasn't worried at all because i know they often take that long and they reply quickly to any messages you send them.

i wouldn't badmouth ringdoll's dolls or artists, just whoever's supposed to be dealing with their international customer service. supposedly, the person who replies to their emails in english hurt her hand in an accident in february, but they said she was back at work in march, so i don't think that's a great excuse.

i'm waiting for doll shoes too~

I totally understand this. I ordered a wig from UsagiHime in March, then their communication got bad right after that. The site is offline now. It's a shame because their blue wigs (similar to Leeke's Ocean Blue) were the exact shade I needed for Viera. I don't plan on receiving it... :'(

Sparkly Genius

Finlet
Spore XP

I'm not on skype because I am playing FFXIV and did not want to be disturbed, I am just coming on here briefly between some quests XD

holler if you see this guy around, he's my hubbie
User Image

lol what server is he on?

@Neo - I love that wig you linked to! Bangs over 1 ey e= amazing.
@Lucifer Force - Lucky! I look forward to pics~ Are you doing a box opening?
@Saf - Mint looks like a good face shape to me! I was wondering, this is maybe a weird question, but is your doll supposed to be inspired by KOS-MOS, or actually be her (like will you give her another name or will that actually be her name I guess is what I am asking)
@aurae - Problems with doll shoes again? Man.. lol
I secretly want a tiny..

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Spore; Not a weird question at all actually. xD She's not going to actually be her, but she is going to dress like her. I'm going to get custom eyes and I already have a blue wig picked out, but she'll also wear white or black too. So... she'll cosplay KOS-MOS but she won't be her.

@Fin; Wow, hope the blushing gives you a perfect match for Isis. :3 Sounds like it really is super pink. I can't imagine how pink BBB is though if it's darker than that! :0

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i think my notdoll doll looks pinker than most of my DoDs. o_o; although nao is from 2008 (i think they changed their resin colour after i got him) and he looks really yellow next to my newer DoD dolls.. but then seiji's head is late 2007 DoD and his body is late 2009 and they match pretty well. i have no idea how it works. xD my most recent DoD is tan skin so i can't compare him.

@saffron; you could try e-mailing DoD and see what they say about buying just the head or sending it with a girl body?

Sparkly Genius

Saffron Blehckchah
@Spore; Not a weird question at all actually. xD She's not going to actually be her, but she is going to dress like her. I'm going to get custom eyes and I already have a blue wig picked out, but she'll also wear white or black too. So... she'll cosplay KOS-MOS but she won't be her.

Okay yeah that was what I was asking, if she was cosplaying. I like that better lol.

Sparkly Genius

Oh, Finlet, when did you want the deadline for people to submit their sculpt guesses to you to be?

Fluffy Prophet

Saffron Blehckchah

@Fin; Wow, hope the blushing gives you a perfect match for Isis. :3 Sounds like it really is super pink. I can't imagine how pink BBB is though if it's darker than that! :0

There's "darker" and there's "Pinker" you know? I took a couple pics of my DoD Isis head on Arlettes Dollmore body. I think its a close enough match. Dragondoll pink is a 99% match to Dollmore so i know it'll be ok. Ofcourse there's proportion too, Pria has a thick neck but Dollmore's neck is slim.
User Image
User Image

Fluffy Prophet

Spore XP
Oh, Finlet, when did you want the deadline for people to submit their sculpt guesses to you to be?

Deadline? Idk.... umm I thought I'd wait for first second and third places to come in unless there's a big lag and people lose interest. What do you think Spore? I'm new at this!
My husband is on Istory. Actually I am too but I never play, I miss FFXI too much
Thanks for the sympathy, everyone. emotion_bigheart

I don't know what my post office has about doll shoes, but they're apparently incapable of delivering them directly to me without some kind of ordeal. I thought that other time was a fluke, but apparently I was wrong. It's very stressful.

I did call and harrass them, Saffron; even that was complicated! It's not a postal store, it's a package annex, so I couldn't find the number online. When I called the USPS number I had to go through a bunch of prompts, none of which could help me get the number for a non-retail postal location, and it wasn't until I ended up talking to an actual person that I could even get the number for the location that had my package hostage. (The annex took my number with a "we'll call you as soon as possible" when I dropped by the first time, but didn't give me theirs and -surprise, surprise- never called me.)

When I called today I was on hold for almost 45 minutes. u_u I talked to three different people, and finally a woman I had been talking to told me they still couldn't find it. I told her that it was an international package, sent as registered mail, and that I absolutely did not want it returned to the sender for not being picked up. When I finally had the chance to tell someone it was international registered mail, suddenly it was located. ¬_¬ If I buy any other dolls, I'm having them shipped to my office. This is ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff