Welcome to Gaia! ::

Master System vs NES: NES cause I never played the Master System

Genesis vs SNES: SNES had more sales, but Sonic games rock!

Game Gear vs Game Boy: Gameboy by far!

Saturn vs PlayStation vs N64: N64 was more popular and has better games. But Playstation has Final Fantasy 7. Either way PS and N64 both beat the Saturn.

Dreamcast vs PS2 vs Gamecube vs Xbox: I really support Nintendo and Sony so PS2 and Gamecube for me.

DS vs PSP: DS wins!

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
xxNoir_Angelxx

I think everyone should at least try the Master System if at all possible. Phantasy Star, Ninja Gaiden, Baku Baku Animal... good stuff. 3nodding
Master System?
Nintendo product?

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
N t e r
Master System?
Nintendo product?

SEGA console, the earliest as far as I'm aware, it was known as the SEGA Genesis in Europe.
Vashall
N t e r
Master System?
Nintendo product?

SEGA console, the earliest as far as I'm aware, it was known as the SEGA Genesis in Europe.
Master system was before the Genesis, and I belive there was at least one older than that.

Edit: Yeah, two before that. SG-1000 and SG-1000 Mark II. The Master System was also known as SG-1000 Mark III, after that came the Mega Drive/Genesis.

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Eusis Landale
Vashall
N t e r
Master System?
Nintendo product?

Master system was before the Genesis, and I belive there was at least one older than that.

Well they were released around the same time right?, they were basically the same thing anyway...

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
http://www.vidgame.net/SEGA/MASTERS.html

I was just marvelling at that era a little... the Master System and NES were so much alike, but SEGA got hurt because games on the NES couldn't be released elsewhere and, well, Mario.

Quote:
World wide sales figures
Sega Master System: 12 Million
Nintendo Entertainment System: 62 Million

To say the least. xd

There were a few numbered consoles before the Master System. SG-1000 mostly. The Master System was SG-1000 Mark III in Japan.
The Master System was an awesome system.
Alex Kidd FTW!
The Sonic games on it was also great.
I hope mine still works after all these years...

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gaughan
Alex Kidd FTW!

Mine is knocking around here somewhere rolleyes ...Kid Chameleon rocked, now I've got it on a plug and play system, thats not bad along with Altered Beast too... smile
Vashall
Gaughan
Alex Kidd FTW!

Mine is knocking around here somewhere rolleyes ...Kid Chameleon rocked, now I've got it on a plug and play system, thats not bad along with Altered Beast too... smile

WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE.
Bag of Monster

Cpt. Joseph_Cilvaun
It was released on 3/24/05 and had the rest of the year to beat out Nintendo, and yet their name couldn't even beat the DS. Didn't you read that article which was created on 01/04/06?

Yes, I did.

"Though Sony has made a solid showing with the PSP--and given handheld juggernaut Nintendo its first real taste of competition in ages--it's likely that the PSP's higher asking price ($249 versus $139 for the Nintendo DS) ultimately cost them sales."

Owait, aren't we supposed to be getting a price drop soon? Oright, ya.

Cpt. Joseph_Cilvaun
And yeah, I can understand why people would say the PSP will make a strong comeback and that's because they got a stronghold on the MTV

MTV stronghold? DubbleUteeEff? Nonono, people are saying the PSP will make a comeback because the US sales numbers are that the PSP sold more systems than the DS in 2005. Though the DS has reign in the overall sales, the PSP is catching up.

Cpt. Joseph_Cilvaun
DVD player: Movies are not meant to be enjoyed on a small screen.

I disagree. The screen isn't that small. It can act as a flashlight in the darkest of dark places, and people from across the room can watch the movies that are played on it.

Still, the price drop won't bring it that low. Maybe 20-30 bucks, 50 if we're lucky, but not even close to 130 dollars the DS is at now.
Oh, can can you please link the site from where you got the fact that the PSP sold more systems than the DS in 2005?
Oh, and last but no least, I would rather watch movies on a computer, T.V, movie theater, or portable DVD player, so the movies on the PSP would be of no use to me.
Mizeral
angrymalazar
...will realize someday that not everyone is going to pay $15 a month to play games with strangers...

Okay...would you care to explain why people will spend TWICE as much for, say, World of Warcraft or EverQuest 2? People will pay...that is, if they can get their parent's permission to do so first...

My brother spends 15 a month on World of Warcraft.
tansen4
The DS vs PSP is a no brainer.
biggrin
The PSP has amazing graphics and is wireless.
The DS has a little chat system that I am not sure how to use and ok graphics
GO PSP!!!

DS is wireless and Pictochat is extremely easy to use. Plus it has 3D graphics which aren't that bad and great games....
xxNoir_Angelxx

Genesis vs SNES: SNES had more sales, but Sonic games rock!

Game Gear vs Game Boy: Gameboy by far!

Saturn vs PlayStation vs N64: N64 was more popular and has better games. But Playstation has Final Fantasy 7. Either way PS and N64 both beat the Saturn.

Dreamcast vs PS2 vs Gamecube vs Xbox: I really support Nintendo and Sony so PS2 and Gamecube for me.

DS vs PSP: DS wins!

I say Master System since now that my friend got an NES, all he wants to play is Ice Hockey and I suck at it.. It annoys me sooo much.
Genesis (same thing with NBA Hangtime)
N64 because it had Conker's bad fur day. That cow had the worst diarrhea I have ever seen in my life.
Gamecube because it has Mario DDR in which Bowser does this crazy dance that's reallllllly crazy.
And DS vs PSP, DS because I just got Metroid Prime Hunters and it is great. BTW I just killed Spire and anyone know what I do after that?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff