Welcome to Gaia! ::

i'm surprised that some people are still playing ps3 online games
I feel like the Console wars were basically dead among the fans once they releases GameCube, ps2, and Xbox. I literally stopped caring because I ended up getting both GameCube and ps2. After that I ended up getting a part time job and saving up money to buy whatever console I wanted, so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Invisible Shapeshifter

6,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
Diavolica
Compare and contrast! Here is a topic reserved for comparing the console generations of the past and present. This includes but is not limited to:

• Master System vs NES
  • Genesis vs SNES
  • Game Gear vs Game Boy
  • Saturn vs PlayStation vs N64
  • Dreamcast vs PS2 vs Gamecube vs Xbox
  • DS vs PSP
  • Xbox360 vs PS3 vs Wii
  • Different versions of any console

The only exception is Xbox One vs PS4 vs Wii U, which has its own sticky. Other console wars should take place here.

PS3

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
It'd be nice if it felt like there were more viable competition in the handheld market. It feels like everyone has kind of given up competing against Nintendo, to that extent.

Shy Receiver

Kafka
It'd be nice if it felt like there were more viable competition in the handheld market. It feels like everyone has kind of given up competing against Nintendo, to that extent.
Two words:
The Steam Deck

Hilarious Genius

5,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I used to be heavily into the console wars but now it feels over for me because Xbox + PC + Gamepass.... its just SUCH a good deal

Liberal Giver

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Black Baby Goku
I used to be heavily into the console wars but now it feels over for me because Xbox + PC + Gamepass.... its just SUCH a good deal

This!!!  wink

Black Baby Goku's Honey Bun

i fnd playsatation to be the more mature console. god of war, last of us, final fantasy enough games for a lifetime.

Hilarious Genius

5,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
i got the tude now
i fnd playsatation to be the more mature console. god of war, last of us, final fantasy enough games for a lifetime.

nothing is more mature than saving money with Xbox Gamepass
i consider myself a console war historian. the console wars of yesteryear are truly fascinating and modern strife pales in comparison to the battles fought before. i especially recommend reading old gaming magazines online as it can be much like reading actual headlines and news articles from ww2. it makes the cultural conflict very real in your mind.

i also dabble in alternative history, i particularly enjoy coming up with and reading alternative historical timelines where the Dreamcast was a success and the whole "what if?" Sega didn't go bankrupt.

Wealthy Kitten

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Lonely Phantom

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Honestly the Xbox 360 is what really got me into games. I liked playing a few little games like pokemon and ssx on other consoles, but the 360 is where things really expanded for me so it holds a special place in my heart

Benevolent Phantom

After a long while, I really like my Xbox One. I know its outdated compared to the newer stuff out there but its my first console out of a long while. And its nice to play video games on a console. I had played on my Nintendo Switch for the longest. I remember playing the same games on the Nintendo Switch, and then on the xbox and the difference in graphics. Game pass is also great!

Wealthy Kitten

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items