Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Shopper

I do not like that I now need to open the entire footer to get to my quick links. Before I could access them from the collapsed arrow in the bottom left corner. So it is also annoying that the bottom left corner is now adspace.
I have also noticed that Gaia is running slower for me since the new Footer.

2,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Working great for me so far. But one thing that should be worked on is the ad on the toolbar. I've noticed that it will often take awhile to load, and a message/pop-up floats over the ad part of it while it's loading. This loading message tends to obscure the 'share page' and quick links', and part of the 'friends'. Pretty minor, but still annoying sometimes.

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

User ImageUser ImageRemember, life is waiting--

Umm, feedback on the footer here, right? I seem to have a problem with it. This also happened when I turned on the IM feature before... When I go to send a PM or type a post, the emotes from the TekTek toolbar multiply, appearing over and over and over again, covering the entire post box and the links, and causing Mozilla Firefox to repeatedly freeze. It isn't doing it now, but it happened all day yesterday and today (excluding this one post). It's driving me crazy!! Is anyone else having this problem???

so embrace it!User Image
Hey, the "quick links" doesn't seem to want to work for me, even though every other footer button does.
I'm using the newest version of Chrome on Windows 7.
It was also an issue with the old footer, but there was a spot I could click and it would work- I think the little arrow made it work.
Theres no quick fix spots with this footer. gonk

Animal Friend

23,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
    »edikit:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              is looking for art

Has somebody reported the problem about the endless loading smileys when the new footer is enabled?

Invisible Lover

not a fan of the advertisement...definitly will be turning the old toolbar back on..thanks though

it wont let me use the Old footer...

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
This thing is slowing down my computer even more than the last one, and can you tell me how to turn it off? I can't stand this thing!

High-functioning Mage

Kitcat6363

Umm, feedback on the footer here, right? I seem to have a problem with it. This also happened when I turned on the IM feature before... When I go to send a PM or type a post, the emotes from the TekTek toolbar multiply, appearing over and over and over again, covering the entire post box and the links, and causing Mozilla Firefox to repeatedly freeze. It isn't doing it now, but it happened all day yesterday and today (excluding this one post). It's driving me crazy!! Is anyone else having this problem???

so embrace it!User Image

Yes, ironically it's happening right now as I type this post raegggg! D: <

1,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Statustician 100
Well no prob so far, the new "foot thing" works fine so far and even though it looks too much like FB's style, witch I really don' like, but it's fine I can live with it.
Keep up the good work and I'll see what's new. biggrin

Barton Pumpkin

19,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
So, uh, how do you get rid of this thing? I don't like how much it lags my pages when I'm trying to load things, and activating/deactivating it in Labs doesn't do anything. The colour is bland and ugly and it doesn't register the colour-switching Lab options for up top.

So yeah, would really appreciate the option to either use the old footer or just turn it off completely.

Edit: Aha. It's there under General Settings in Account Settings, near the word filtering. Didn't look hard enough the first pass-by.

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
My IM isnt workin... It says I am offline, and when I try to turn it on, it wont turn on... Any help?

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
dragonflame3333
Kitcat6363

so embrace it!User Image

Yes, ironically it's happening right now as I type this post raegggg! D: <

It was happened to me too, so badly I couldn't even type anything into the little post box. I couldn't do anything, and I just had to get out of the page. I went to the Bugs and Technical Support forum, and it told me that the new footer was conflicting with TekTek's toolbar. You have to deactivate one or the other to make the problem go away.

6,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Overstocked 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items