Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like the bar though it is not my type of thing, but I don't like the ad. It wouldn't be so bad if the ad didn't stick out. when I try to click something at the bottom of the page I end up clicking it and it's annoying.
I am unable to deactivate it. I cant find anywhere in laps to turn it off. Its getting really hard to type messages because all my emoutes load down the screen. HOW DO I TAKE IT OFF????
I'm not a fan of it at all.
Is there a way to turn it off?

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Lonestorm
I'm not a fan of it at all.
Is there a way to turn it off?

Look for the following in your Account Settings:

User Image

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Toxic Auction Mule
I am unable to deactivate it. I cant find anywhere in laps to turn it off. Its getting really hard to type messages because all my emoutes load down the screen. HOW DO I TAKE IT OFF????

You do it from Account Settings, not Labs.

User Image

Also, the emotes spamming across the screen is due to tektek's toolbar because it's not compatible with Gaia's new footer. I don't have the tektek toolbar, so I don't have a problem with emotes spamming my screen.

10,300 Points
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Piepitcher 100
Panagrammic

I am having an extremely difficult time with this footer right now. Yesterday it was acting fine, but today when I logged on it is now signing me in and then off again every few seconds. Since this began Gaia pages are loading extremely slow and links are slow to respond. I am deactivating the footer if possible until this is fixed.

Also, I know I am not the only person this has happened to. MattSork reported the same thing happening to him yesterday.

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
ive pressed activate and its not working .-.

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
ok, the instant messaging option is really nice, but it's gliching, and not showing my friends are online, when they are online... so it's really confusing right now to know if we can im our friends...
I'm really not a fan of the new footer. I think it's the ad's and the fact that even if you click Meebo's option to get rid of them they still don't go away. I have gotten rid of it because, frankly, i like the old footer much better.
i like the grey, it doesnt pop out as much but there shoiuld be color options for the other people who done like it.
i love how you can sigh into multiple accounts,
there should be a notification option for marketplace sales, that would be cool

Regular

I <3 it.
heart
:3

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Can you describe this a little bit more? It signs you out and on when you're on a page, or every time you load a new page, or what?

A_Girl_Named_Cuddles
Panagrammic

I am having an extremely difficult time with this footer right now. Yesterday it was acting fine, but today when I logged on it is now signing me in and then off again every few seconds. Since this began Gaia pages are loading extremely slow and links are slow to respond. I am deactivating the footer if possible until this is fixed.

Also, I know I am not the only person this has happened to. MattSork reported the same thing happening to him yesterday.

6,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
i like the toolbar but maybe you could add a status tab so we don't have to be in "my gaia" we could be anywhere and click it and change it

Cluttered Shapeshifter

16,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
i really don't like it.
it doesn't add anything that i find useful, and the ad is extremeley irritating.
it is distracting, annyoing and in the way.
gaia already has tons of ads, and i hate seeing another that also takes up extra space, and gets in the way of where i want to click.
i'm turning it off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces