Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
its annoying because things are always popping up like welcome new footer testers! click on "read more" to get 100g. i already clicked on it and it wont go away. and the only reason i kno what it says is because im reading it! if i click on it should just go away not float there!!!!!

Dangerous Genius

three four problems,
1) the im thing doesn't work. Keeps saying something to the extent of logged in, logged off, logged in
2) possibly due to the first issue but everything internet related lags.
3) i can't scroll click my quick links to open them in another tab or right click them either. This certainly does not please me.
4) when i logged in, the new tab was already turned on. I can't go back to the old one. I want the old one back.
I wouldn't mind this if there was no add. neutral

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
I deactivate this footer and it wont go away. Please I do not want this feature to lag my comp any longer. How can I make it go away if it is sill here when deactivated?

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Are you guys talking about the new Gaia Beta toolbar at the bottom? It is very annoying. Though I finally figured out how to hide it, when I do other options on Gaia, it pops back up. confused stare I'd rather it be gone completely, but don't know how to. redface

Questionable Exhibitionist

11,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50

I really don't like this. I don't like floating footers anyway, and this is just aggravating. How do I turn it off/hide it? I can't figure it out.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Panagrammic
Updated 1/21:
Added Friends, Messages, and Outfits (if you have Outfits turned on in Labs).

Original:
While we removed the Gaia Instance Messenger feature due to low usage, a number of users were telling us that they still liked having the ability to message their friends -- they just wanted a much lighter weight interface.

Anyway, given that, we spent a little bit of time and decided to integrate the Meebo toolbar, which gives users a really lightweight chat widget.

If you turn on this lab, you are REPLACING the standard toolbar with the Meebo toolbar.

Some things that we still want to do:

- currently, you'll see your quick links but cannot edit them
- we'd like to add a "collapse toolbar" button.

Anything else we should add? Do you find this useful? Please try it out and let us know!

Hi. Having unwanted issues with the tool bar. I don't need it or want it. Would love to know how to get rid of it all together. Thanks whee

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Ensign Redshirt

I really don't like this. I don't like floating footers anyway, and this is just aggravating. How do I turn it off/hide it? I can't figure it out.

At the lower right hand corner of your screen, at the far right of the toolbar, there is a down arrow. It hides the tool bar, but doesn't get rid of it though.

Questionable Exhibitionist

11,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50
Love Muffin88
Ensign Redshirt

At the lower right hand corner of your screen, at the far right of the toolbar, there is a down arrow. It hides the tool bar, but doesn't get rid of it though.

I don't have an arrow. There's only the Accounts tab on the far right. sad

Tipsy Cleric

24,525 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
this is going to be really functional and useful once all the bugs are ironed out.
I'm keeping it, I see myself using it all the time.

melona-pan's Fangirl

Versatile Vermin

ASHLEYASDFGH
amicableAggressor
the advertisement is a turn-off, i subscribed to the monthly gold mainly for the option to remove advertisements from the site, and having one on the bar is awfully annoying and distracting when it contains movement.

Just get firefox+adblock. takes all ads off all pages forever.
of all the quote replies to my comment, i think i'll reply to this one
i am not going to go and download an entire new browser just to view gaia, opera works fine for me for everything else
i was giving feedback on the footer, due to this being the place where feedback is supposed to be given
kthanks!

Tipsy Bunny

I thought it was a great idea! I love being able to IM people on gaia, especially if it's something urgent you need to talk to someone about~

My only complaint is that on my footer I have a groupon ad. I don't like it being there. I even clicked on it and signed up for groupons hoping it would go away but it's still there. It's in the way because it makes the message/friends/quick links, over lap with the IM part of the tool bar..

I talked to my friend and showed him and he said that his was different and he didn't have any Ad on his footer...

Tipsy Bunny

amicableAggressor
ASHLEYASDFGH
amicableAggressor
the advertisement is a turn-off, i subscribed to the monthly gold mainly for the option to remove advertisements from the site, and having one on the bar is awfully annoying and distracting when it contains movement.

Just get firefox+adblock. takes all ads off all pages forever.
of all the quote replies to my comment, i think i'll reply to this one
i am not going to go and download an entire new browser just to view gaia, opera works fine for me for everything else
i was giving feedback on the footer, due to this being the place where feedback is supposed to be given
kthanks!

I totally agree.
This is slow...and I keep getting this rainbow emoticon issue, where it freezes the window and I can't type or anything.

And my TekTek is gone.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
I think if you don't mind pop ups, and adds in your face, then the footer would be OK for you. But I view it as being useless and cumbersome. To each their own. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff