Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25616311399444 25.6% [ 1382 ]
Yes 0.53178869323448 53.2% [ 2869 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.013160333642261 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13049119555144 13.0% [ 704 ]
Blue Bass 0.058387395736793 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.010009267840593 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5395 ]

Shirlox
Amadeus Foxtrot Heimlich
Shirlox
Amadeus Foxtrot Heimlich
So just to clarify you can win overall without fishing in Durem?
or did i miss a requirement of 1/4 of fish need to be from Durem also?
Curious because with speed buckets i believe i get more points from sticking with Gambino,
at least as a novice fisher. I seriously missed 46 fish & took 20mins to fill a bucket in Durem.
emotion_0A0
Although i've never fished there before & only been fishing for a total of 2hrs ever. I'm gonna try again with a strength rod +
lol

Yes, you are correct. It's only 1/4 fish must be from Bass'ken and 1/4 from Gambino, the other 1/2 can be from absolutely anywhere else. However your score for OA is determined by your "Performance Index" or as we call it, your PI. The higher quality and higher the points your fish are, the higher your PI is. The higher your PI is, the higher the multiplier is towards your score. Your OA score is your Total Score multiplied by your PI to get your Final Score.

So just to show you, say you have a Total Score of 200,000 points but only have a PI of .75, then your Final Score (which is your OA score) will be 150,000 points (that's a really low OA score but this is just an example).

What Durem does is raise your PI, possibly up to 1.30 or more (that's a freaking huge PI and your OA score is going to be much larger than your Total Score).

Thanks for the clarification!
Sounds like i'm gonna need to practice @ Durem.

Filtering = Higher PI's. That's just a tip for going for OA.
Junk = Lower PI's.

Is it probable to win overall without filtering?
Assuming you average about 2-4 junks per bucket.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Amadeus Foxtrot Heimlich
Shirlox
Amadeus Foxtrot Heimlich
Shirlox
Amadeus Foxtrot Heimlich
Curious because with speed buckets i believe i get more points from sticking with Gambino,
at least as a novice fisher. I seriously missed 46 fish & took 20mins to fill a bucket in Durem.
emotion_0A0
Although i've never fished there before & only been fishing for a total of 2hrs ever. I'm gonna try again with a strength rod +
lol

Yes, you are correct. It's only 1/4 fish must be from Bass'ken and 1/4 from Gambino, the other 1/2 can be from absolutely anywhere else. However your score for OA is determined by your "Performance Index" or as we call it, your PI. The higher quality and higher the points your fish are, the higher your PI is. The higher your PI is, the higher the multiplier is towards your score. Your OA score is your Total Score multiplied by your PI to get your Final Score.

So just to show you, say you have a Total Score of 200,000 points but only have a PI of .75, then your Final Score (which is your OA score) will be 150,000 points (that's a really low OA score but this is just an example).

What Durem does is raise your PI, possibly up to 1.30 or more (that's a freaking huge PI and your OA score is going to be much larger than your Total Score).

Junk = Lower PI's.

OA has been won by users who end up on the Junk board as well, but the least amount of Junk as possible is the best for a high scoring OA.
Shirlox
Amadeus Foxtrot Heimlich
Shirlox
Amadeus Foxtrot Heimlich
Shirlox
Amadeus Foxtrot Heimlich
emotion_0A0
lol

Junk = Lower PI's.

OA has been won by users who end up on the Junk board as well, but the least amount of Junk as possible is the best for a high scoring OA.

Alright, thanks again.
I'm gonna try for next month barring any unforeseeable disasters.

I have been averaging out my time & score per bucket/hour/week.
With a 1/1/2 week division among bass'ken, gambino, and durem respectively.
Using 6 junks per bucket as the worst case average scenario & valuing the junk at the lowest possible value each. I don't usually average that bad thanks to A bait, but i was worried if that was too much PI drop to destroy the overall score once PI is applied.

I'm getting ahead of myself though! Only just now working out the math of what my likely worse possible overall score would be at the end of the cycle.

Profitable Lover

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
okay so I'm sure that this question has been asked so many times but its late and I'm gonna level with you. How do I make a koi cape and what do I require to do so. I am not entirely sure if this is the right place to look but it seems to have the most organized information thus far.

any help is appreciated! 3nodding

Self-sustaining Simp

SassMasterCara
okay so I'm sure that this question has been asked so many times but its late and I'm gonna level with you. How do I make a koi cape and what do I require to do so. I am not entirely sure if this is the right place to look but it seems to have the most organized information thus far.

any help is appreciated! 3nodding

It's right there on the first page xp
Bass'ken fish craft
Quote:
User Image
Item Name: Kohaku Koi Cape
Item Sellback: 7,800 gold
How many fish to trade:
150 Kohaku Koi + 1 Red Peony Obi + 1 Ribbon Luv Sleeves White

User Image
Item Name: Ochiba Koi Cape
How many fish to trade:
150 Ochiba Koi + 1 Soft Sunshine Obi + 1 Ribbon Luv Sleeves Blue

User Image
Item Name: Yamabuki Koi Cape
How many fish to trade:
150 Yamabuki Koi + 1 Deep Shadow Obi + 1 Ribbon Luv Sleeves Gold

Man-Hungry Vampire

17,375 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I have 3 questions.
1. Does A grad bait degrade or reset?
2. How do you "filter" when you fish?
3. Whats an Omni Moderator?

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Megaman-Lan 10
I have 3 questions.

1. After a long time.
2. You can find how to filter here.
3. An Omni Moderator is the highest level Moderator who each handle specific reports that normal moderators do not.

Man-Hungry Vampire

17,375 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Shirlox
Megaman-Lan 10
I have 3 questions.

1. After a long time.
3. An Omni Moderator is the highest level Moderator who each handle specific reports that normal moderators do not.

Thanks, that was a big help.

Friendly Phantom

14,150 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Cheerbringer 100
I just remembered to heart this topic, and was #1998 to do so, which is the same number as the year I graduated ironically.

Seeker

4,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
WOW. Lots of new items out there! Very cool. Thanks for keeping the guide updated, Gaidin! Good to see you!

Enduring Citizen

Has anybody ever established the minimum hook distance for rare fish? wink

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Trap Lover

Rare fish can be caught at any distance.

Feral Pumpkin

21,150 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Partygoer 500
Shirlox
Megaman-Lan 10
I have 3 questions.

1. After a long time.

Wait, what? A grade bait degrades/resets?

I thought A grade bait is always A grade, regardless of if you've had a reset, or how many buckets you've fished.

Enduring Citizen

Shirlox
Trap Lover

Oh reely? That almost sounds too good to be true, but I'll take your word for it. smile You need to use A/D (or undegraded F) bait to have a chance of hooking one though, right?

4,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
  • Member 100
Trap Lover
Shirlox
Trap Lover

Oh reely? That almost sounds too good to be true, but I'll take your word for it. smile You need to use A/D (or undegraded F) bait to have a chance of hooking one though, right?

Yes, that's right. If you fish with degraded F bait (acting as F bait) you can't catch a rare fish. But D grade or better will keep your chances alive. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff