Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25616311399444 25.6% [ 1382 ]
Yes 0.53178869323448 53.2% [ 2869 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.013160333642261 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13049119555144 13.0% [ 704 ]
Blue Bass 0.058387395736793 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.010009267840593 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5395 ]

Fisher

Minnie Pearl
Sorry if this isn't relevant but I was wondering if the drift wood could be exchanged for anything? I've been on Gaia for a long time but I was never much of a fisher.
Drift wood is a component in a rarely used alchemy formula (because of one of the other components needed... I guess the bracers?) but is not currently exchangeable for anything, unfortunately.

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
This guide is amazing, wonderful, spectacular. :3

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Leandra Solus
Minnie Pearl
Sorry if this isn't relevant but I was wondering if the drift wood could be exchanged for anything? I've been on Gaia for a long time but I was never much of a fisher.
Drift wood is a component in a rarely used alchemy formula (because of one of the other components needed... I guess the bracers?) but is not currently exchangeable for anything, unfortunately.

I'm holding out hope that someday we'll be able to exchange some large number of them for a big piece of driftwood as a Housing item. Or heck, Logan could take up whittling as a second hobby and we could trade them for simple but well-crafted wooden furniture.

Celestial Shapeshifter

24,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Ooh I love that idea! It could like the furniture version of Cross Stitch. You really should suggest that wherever it is Gaia has provided for us to add site improvement ideas. smile

git_r_done's Wife

Wistful Destroyer

19,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Timid 100
Leandra Solus
Minnie Pearl

Thanks bunches.

Justice Hunter

This is the best guide ever. heart

Shameless Stalker

24,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100

Nimble Gekko

They need to update this! This was a great help to me back when I was still a noob

Friendly Noob

6,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I have a question sir...
What does fishes does for us?

10,850 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Whats gong on with the Fishing game?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Pixie1Candy
I have a question sir...

When the game was first introduced, the point was that you could sell the fish you caught back to Logan for gold. They also added fish-related clothing (almost all of it hats or other headwear, since your head is the only part of your avi that shows up in the Fishing Game itself) that can only be gotten by collecting certain types of fish and trading them to Logan. Also, you might not know it since it's not well advertised, but Fishing is a game with a score. Whenever you catch a fish you get points depending on what kind of fish it is. On a monthly basis, trophies are handed out to the top ten scorers in each of four categories based on the three different Fishing Spots.

When Alchemy was introduced, though, fish from the Fishing game were made part of it. You can use Game Items from Gaia's classic games, including Fishing, to craft the three RIGs that play a central role in Alchemy: the Golden Giftbox, Philosopher's Cache, and Alchemist's Case. Also, two of the game's rarest fish, the Diamondback and Rubyback Lions, are used to craft the largest forms of the Legendary Backwings.

Friendly Noob

6,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Platonix
Pixie1Candy
I have a question sir...

When the game was first introduced, the point was that you could sell the fish you caught back to Logan for gold. They also added fish-related clothing (almost all of it hats or other headwear, since your head is the only part of your avi that shows up in the Fishing Game itself) that can only be gotten by collecting certain types of fish and trading them to Logan. Also, you might not know it since it's not well advertised, but Fishing is a game with a score. Whenever you catch a fish you get points depending on what kind of fish it is. On a monthly basis, trophies are handed out to the top ten scorers in each of four categories based on the three different Fishing Spots.

When Alchemy was introduced, though, fish from the Fishing game were made part of it. You can use Game Items from Gaia's classic games, including Fishing, to craft the three RIGs that play a central role in Alchemy: the Golden Giftbox, Philosopher's Cache, and Alchemist's Case. Also, two of the game's rarest fish, the Diamondback and Rubyback Lions, are used to craft the largest forms of the Legendary Backwings.
Ohh.. :')Thanks for the information sir! (lolol)

Dedicated Hunter

18,650 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Really happy to see these guide is still up; sure it feels like entire textbooks are being dumped on you, but even though it's old, it's still one of the best sources of information about fishing in Gaia V-_^

Fisher

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces