Welcome to Gaia! ::

Impassioned Misfit

All it takes is someone being a piece of trash.

Unfortunately, there are several GCD and SF regulars who I wish dearly to be able to ignore... but I can't, because come events and item releases, they sometimes make guide threads and item lists.

I think I'll make a thread about that eventually. Anyone making a community resource should make it on a new account.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

Unfortunately, there are several GCD and SF regulars who I wish dearly to be able to ignore... but I can't, because come events and item releases, they sometimes make guide threads and item lists.

I think I'll make a thread about that eventually. Anyone making a community resource should make it on a new account.
Wow, I never thought about that.

Unfortunately, the latest LGBT update has brought out the worst in some GCD regulars and I am pretty close to combing through the whole thread and putting everyone on ignore who behaves like a major a*****e. It's way too many.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
Also, if I could ignore everyone in the Chatterbox I would.
emotion_0A0 Now that's quite mean.

Impassioned Misfit

Ven Loki Loraine
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

Unfortunately, the latest LGBT update has brought out the worst in some GCD regulars and I am pretty close to combing through the whole thread and putting everyone on ignore who behaves like a major a*****e. It's way too many.
I think a lot of people don't. I didn't myself until I made the thread for the beach party swimwear thread and noticed a few regs who had blocked me took me off their lists so they could see the thread. I didn't realize that was why they'd done it until they put me back on after it was over.

It's like... if a person's going to make a community resource, everyone should be able to access it freely. Is hopping on a new account something you're willing to do when you make resource/item list threads? I'm definitely going to when I do, if I ever make another one (they're so much work). Do you think this is an issue I should make a thread about so more people are aware of it?

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Ven Loki Loraine
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

I think a lot of people don't. I didn't myself until I made the thread for the beach party swimwear thread and noticed a few regs who had blocked me took me off their lists so they could see the thread. I didn't realize that was why they'd done it until they put me back on after it was over.

It's like... if a person's going to make a community resource, everyone should be able to access it freely. Is hopping on a new account something you're willing to do when you make resource/item list threads? I'm definitely going to when I do, if I ever make another one (they're so much work). Do you think this is an issue I should make a thread about so more people are aware of it?
I don't think it would be practicable to have a rule like that, actually.

Impassioned Misfit

Ven Loki Loraine
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Ven Loki Loraine
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

I don't think it would be practicable to have a rule like that, actually.
It wouldn't be like a concrete enforced rule, just a standard ideally done out of consideration for the userbase as a whole. Why do you think it wouldn't be practicable? It wouldn't even be forced anonymity or something, since if you did it, you could be VenLokiLoraine on the new account, or you could mention in its sig who you are or something.

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

I don't really use ignore that much, if I end up putting a person on my list, they don't end up staying in there very long...
I mainly have been using it just as mean of awareness, that I don't want to reply to provocative quotes and maybe as some sort of "cool-down" just to prevent long, time-consuming arguments...
I don't want to put my own verdict by ignoring someone that I didn't like for just a few reasons...
Especially if the person wasn't referring to me and wasn't getting too personal with me..

I don't feel like I should ignore someone for making a general opinion as wrong as it may be, I know for sure that the internet is full of those and will not be ending anytime soon...
I feel that the moment I ignore a general opinion, I end up treating it as a personal issue...
I'd rather have people ignore me, than me having to ignore them...

And no.. I'm not one of those persons making a collection of spammers, trolls and other kinds of labeled people in my ignore list...
I think that mods and other empowered people should be taking care of that...
Just don't be one of those people that quote you, and immediately put you on ignore afterwards...

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
It doesn't take much for me to block someone. I use it against anti-LGBT people and anyone that disagrees with me. Also that Proud Asian troll.

MeIanite's Princess

Illuminated Demigod

It takes a lot for me to put someone on ignore.
(Harassment will get you ignored from me, that's about it)
I prefer to confront the person, usually.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Well I don't puss out, and considering that you can be quoted regardless, I see no point in blocking any of the people on this site.

[.Crack.]'s Fav

Sexy Melon

I don't think I've ever put anyone on ignore.
Mainly because I don't post enough, and don't talk to people enough (or get into confrontations with people XD ) to do it.

Sure I can disagree with peoples opinions but usually I'm just reading a thread and never post as it's a fought battle already.

Shy Otaku

19,615 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Party Member 100
I don't use it much because I'm not the social type XD but usually I ignore people if they're spammers/scammers, or just asshats/bullies.

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
Woo Mee
I don't think I've ever put anyone on ignore.
Mainly because I don't post enough, and don't talk to people enough (or get into confrontations with people XD ) to do it.

Sure I can disagree with peoples opinions but usually I'm just reading a thread and never post as it's a fought battle already.

Same lol

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
I don't use it much; only if someone has personally wronged me to a pretty severe degree, not that it happens often.

Strangely though I've been coming across some people every now and then that have me on ignore for some reason. These weirdos that I have never interacted with at all, and I'm left wondering if somehow, somewhere along the line if I had said something that may have offended them in the Art Freebies section. I like to think I'm as courteous and non-confrontational as can be.

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm pretty lax when it comes to my ignore feature but I do tend to put racist, homophobic, transphobic people on ignore. I have zero tolerance for that s**t. Also anyone that makes excessive spam. I frequent the CB so I tend to put a lot of junk accounts on ignore so I don't have to see their spam.

I post regularly, so not seeing annoying imbeciles post is good for me.

I'm pretty sure people put me on ignore for stupid reasons, but it is what it is. lol

Gaia put the option for us, so I'll use it as I see fit. talk2hand I haven't put anyone on ignore for quite sometime, ahhh....so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff