Welcome to Gaia! ::

Velvetine Zealot

37,225 Points
  • A Magnificent Epilogue to Our Youth 500
  • Dauntless Sovereign 500
  • Melonsta X 500
I'll just say that my ignore list is longer than my friend list, and they stay there permanently.
I don't have the time nor energy to be annoyed with people.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I don't have anyone on my ignore list... though I can't say I haven't thought about it. I just find myself unable to do it for some reason.

I do know that I've been ignored by certain people, and it really kind of bothers me... No one likes it when someone dislikes you and you have no idea why. I'd at least like to apologize if I did or said something, but I have no way of doing so obviously. sweatdrop Makes me sad. That's perhaps why I don't ignore others, it makes me feel bad to be ignored, so I don't ignore anyone else.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

I really don't use the ignore feature. It's the internet so I don't really care what people say.

However I do have one user on my ignore list from a long long time ago. It was a friend who turned scammer and got away with it for a long time surprisingly. He even tried to scam me out of my d.tail which was a big deal back then.

Naughty Pants

I don't use it.

I'm old. Like I was an adult when I started playing old and I have been here for nearly a decade. You can do the math. Anyways. being old, either: 1. I can take it or 2. what is said breaks the terms of service and I will report you.

That keeps things pretty simple. I think I have had people bother me... twice? in all my years here. Neither of them are on the site anymore.

In general I don't like ignore features. Knowledge is power and I would rather know what people say about me than be ignorant of it. (fortunately on Gaia most people say nothing about me! I'm cool with being anonymous smile )
I rarely use it. Any time I have put somebody on ignore I've removed them a few weeks-to-months later (kind of a 'when I think about it' sort of thing).

I've thought a few times about adding some users in a forum I frequent, but I'd rather be able to have the easy option of seeing what's being posted so I don't.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
I don't always put people on my ignored list, but when I do it's because they PM me to haggle prices on my items in the Marketplace.

IF. I. WANTED. TO. HAGGLE. I'D. MAKE. A. THREAD. IN. THE. EXCHANGE. scream

And then whine or pitch a fit when I tell them what I stated above in caps.

Sorry but that just really gets under my skin. emotion_donotwant

I don't place people that break ToS on my ignored list, I just keep reporting whatever violations they do. Let the mods have a go at them.

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
I have 108 people ignored, but mind you, I've been using this feature since 2006. It really adds up after 9 years. heh

I've blocked creeps, spammers, scammers, trolls, and people who I've deemed to be an idiot or overly aggressive in talking to me or my friends. I also rid you from my Gaia life if you PM me about the items I'm selling on the MP ( my store clearly says not to PM me about anything other than removing the tax, and that I'll block you if you don't heed my warning).
I don't like being harassed.

It doesn't take much for me to block a person honestly. Not that I'm easily offended or irritated, it's just that I'm not interesting in the fact that they exist and that they're trying to communicate with me. They're a waste of my time, and once they're ignored, I don't have to worry about them ever again. (Unless they want to play the Mule game)

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
I don't really ignore anyone nor have I ever. In the past when we we'd get the gross out trolls I'd just leave Gaia wait for it to be cleaned up and come back. As for really annoying people and the like, I think it's helped that I don't run in the same circles as it were or have one designated home forum. Nor do I frequent flash spaces which seems like a total valid reason (that would be annoying). Neither have I had to deal with legitimate cases of down right terrifying stalking, harassment, and the like (no seriously it made me shudder) though these situations needs more than an ignore and just ugh... I feel so bad for those who have to deal with that kind of crazy.

I think I came close when someone was trying to use bullying as an excuse for anyone pointing out problematic s**t in their post, which was highly offensive with their talking about gaslighting which is a serious issue that should never be taken lightly. Having a narcissistic grandmother and seeing what it's done to my relatives, I did just balk at this kid (it didn't help that my first reaction when seeing their profile was that this was another white teenaged girl who was likely appropriating other cultures, and had enough privilege to make me facepalm). However since I do not visit the forum frequently it wasn't as if I could not easily avoid them.

I know I've been on some ignore lists but I know that I can be an absolute miserable c**t, though, I am fairly tame when it comes to being a b***h, and sarcastic (I'm not intelligent enough I think).

I know I am sometimes surprised only because I have such little presence that I never realize that I'd make enough of a dent in their posting to make a difference. This happens a lot in real life too (I will never assume you're talking to me because when you wrongly think that someone is talking to you for the umpteenth time you learn to adapt...too well).

However there are times when I will believe that the issue is with the person ignoring me (well more than half of active forum members also does that to be honest) but if they've got serious issues with socializing and not knowing how to take criticism then better to not have to deal with that brand of crazy...

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

I have 221 people on my ignore list. I think there's 300-ish on my main?

Sometimes I'll put someone on there and totally forget why they're there xD

Arashisora's Significant Otter

Demonic Hero

There was a time long ago that I had around 2k people ignored because people used to piss me off really badly.
I just didn't have time to deal with people.
They would either troll, wanted to cyber, or were just plain mean.
I would also ignore people who associated with people I disliked as well.

I kind of settled down a bit and cleared out my ignore list since there were too many to remember.
Certain people I had on my ignore list however will always remain in my mind.

Aged Rabbit

11,250 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
I have no one on my ignore list. Even people who've harassed me in PMs, I just asked them to stop, and they have. It's a shame when I have to leave Roleplays because someone harasses you, though... Because if you ignore RP posts, you're not really a team player, so you have to leave altogether.

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

I ignored someone who used to copy my avatars a lot because I got sick of seeing it but looking back that was a bit petty. I also ignored some people who were flirt-harassing me and wouldn't leave me alone, one male one female. I've since deelted them all though and it's empty now.

I've been ignored by one person (that I know about) and it was very awkward for me because it wasn't anyone I knew.
I don't think I've ever used the feature aside from blocking some trolls in an old guild I was in. Turned out they were just mules of a member, but I never blocked the main because by the time I found out I just didn't care. Honestly, I forget I have the option sometimes.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
My ignore list is comprised of old trolls, Gaia conspiracy theorists, and people who act like SJWs (there's a difference between fighting for a cause, and being a condescending, guilt-tripping bully).

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Usually I don’t ignore someone unless they’ve really, really gotten to my last nerve. Usually it’s really rude people or trolls. However, as an FA I never ignore list anyone anymore, and those I did have on my list have been taken off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff