Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Okay so I've recently been ignored by some one I am not fond of the function myself but I've used it before . What does it take for you to use it.

I personally use it to ignore people who scam others so I don't get scammed myself and it takes a lot but i use it also for people who really are either idiot trolls

So how many people do you ignore
And you believe in second chances and unignore them at a later time.

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
I usually use ignore for problem pmers or people who have hurt my friends. I don't typically like to use the feature. It's something I use as needed-only.

As for second chances, that depends on the person and what they did to make it to the ignore list in the first place.

Tricky Saint

I have only two people on there,
One is an ex-guildmate who ignored me first for unknown reasons, my guess is that I once said something about furries and they took it as a personal insult. Either way, it turned awkward so I had to ensure I'd never see their furry a** again. gaia_kittenstar

The other is some psychopathic b***h who let loose on a post of mine here in an endless tirade of ad hominems and cussing, said they'd report me etc. Mods had to intervene. lol

Not much on the internet gets to me tbh, so I have no 'criteria', I just ignore for my own convenience.

Greedy Drake

I ignore pretty liberally on here. I do it so I dont accidentally donate to asses/idiots. So if I saw people saying crap like vendors deserve to have all their gold deleted, I put them on ignore so they dont get any of my vendor gold donated to their quests so win-win for everyone! heart

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
I usually just ignore spammers who post the same nonsensical bs again and again because it saves me the time of accidentally clicking their threads. xd

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

I have all the people who I rather never see on this site ever for the remainder that it's here on there.
I have them, their mules that I'm aware of and any of their friends I don't like.
Just easier to put the whole mass of them on ignore.

It really takes a lot for me to put you on ignore. You really have to royally piss me off and that doesn't happen easily.
All in all I have like four people on my ignore this, but looks WAY longer due to mules.

Dead Hellraiser

Mostly I ignore creeps in Word Games that make me uncomfortable. (one was a guy masquerading as a lesbian and being rather creepy about it.) I do have one person ignored that caused a lot of drama and headache in my home forum, and I blocked them on all their accounts I know of so I don't have to deal with them.
Still don't have many on the list. Including mules, I have 9.

I know I'm in at least a couple of GCDer's ignore lists, and one of them is still active. Not sure why they ignored me, but -shrug- not gonna let it bother me.

Demonic Lover

I deleted everyone from my ignored list C: I just didn't want the negativity, but I still use my IL as a "time out" feature XD if someone's being too obnoxious there they go. I don't think I'm in any ignore list, if I am I haven't noticed x ox;;;

Celestial Shapeshifter

Depends how far they go. If they're to the point of stalking and libel to the nth degree then yeah- if it gets tiring to read them or if the stalking gets to be police intervention level. But if they get a bit butt hurt and say harsh remarks about me a few times- doesn't bother me at all. In fact it's somewhat amusing that they would be that bothered by my presence, even if I'm not being slanderous or whatnot. My opinions will differ from others, but some people take it way too seriously.

It takes a lot to get on my s**t list and those on it are real life people I know.

I've gone through a lot of crap in life, so a few petty remarks online won't faze me.

Omnipresent Rabbit

30,750 Points
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Married 100
  • Striking Knight 150
I use the ignore feature often, though only once recently. Though it is never a permanent thing unless it's someone I've had particular problems with in the past and it's lasted a long time.

Most of the time I ignore is for persistent people who PM me. Whether it is ignoring the NO PMs in my Marketplace or simply people bashing me for putting caches in DD along with Loyal's items (which I've gotten some nasty PMs there).

I tend to take people off my block list after a couple weeks unless I forget ^^; (mostly for the former reason). Though there are some people who will never be taken off it. I don't care if they are no longer on Gaia or banned or otherwise. Because of this it looks like I have more of a list then I do. sweatdrop

I sure hope I haven't done anything worthy of ignoring at least not permanently. ^_^

*This post has been brought to you by Baby Fafnir. User Image

Tiny Alchemist

Most of my ignore list is heavy spammers. Also I think that I have someone up there who kept insisting that I was trying to somehow troll all of Canada by mentioning that bagged milk existed in a different conversation with someone else. lol

shavos's Partner

Adventuring Kitty

26,025 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Married 100
Mostly I ignore users who have either stole art from me/tell me my art isn’t worth a dime etc.. or users who have been royal pains in the put or just have been major drama lamas.

It takes a great deal to piss me off. cat_3nodding

Celestial Shapeshifter

Darksp
Most of my ignore list is heavy spammers. Also I think that I have someone up there who kept insisting that I was trying to somehow troll all of Canada by mentioning that bagged milk existed in a different conversation with someone else. lol

Seriously? I thought that was common knowledge by now that Canadians in parts of Canada use it...

In a relationship with The Makoto Tachibana

Unbeatable Noob

i've never had anyone on my ignore list! o u o

i'd probably add spammers to my list if i ever came across any... then i'd totally forget about removing them later on. sweatdrop

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I only put people on my ignore list if they've harassed me to the point of Pming me multiple times. I can get away from threads or just not read their crap but my inbox is my space. If they invade it they get ignored.

The only other person I have on ignore is my ex best friend of 10 years. She tried to ruin my marriage. She didn't like us together so she plotted with his ex and two people we thought were friends to break us up. Since the two people lived with us (We'd given them our extra room and even let them use our car.) they were able to catch us alone and sew doubt in my husband. I didn't ever trust them but they'd been friends with my husband far longer.

In the end they didn't count on us being the type of couple who actually talks but we are. We figured it out and cut them out of our lives.

Anyway, I have her on ignore because I don't want her knowing any details of my personal life. I don't think she's even active on gaia anymore but you never know.

then I've got one guy and no fewer than 20-something mules he made just to harass me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff