Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Cultist

two people from heaven that turned out to be grade-a pieces of s**t to me+a friend (we're both on one of their ignored lists too because they're a stubborn ablist pig)
                  mostly it's just spammers or trollers or people who are just awful for w/e reason (i don't remember specifics)
                  i should comb through but chances are they're still shitty just like the two people that i do remember specifics about
                  also this complete and utter p***k from art freebs who's harassed me to draw him on multiple occasions and then argued with me+the same friend and also his brand new mule so that people don't know it's him

Shadowy Cultist

August Star Of Heaven
xd I think I put some people in ignore because reading their posts mushes my brain...

xd I'm not a native english speaker much less a thugspeak/ghetto/ebonics(?) speaker (if this sounds racially biased my apologies then) so clearing out the worst offenders in my list just makes me more confident talking to others here.

avve is the proper term btw 3nodding
                  may want to be careful with that wording

Luca and Oishi's Princess

Light Warrior

42,675 Points
  • But it Refused 500
  • Pokekaiju Contest Extraordinaire! 500
I've only ignored people who I had falling outs with. I mean, I suppose if someone consistently harassed me I'd ignore them, but for the most part not responding to their crap is all I do and they leave me alone.
Ex "friends" though, I don't want to accidentally see them/their crap, especially those I have no intention of making up with. It's easier to definitively cut someone out of my gaia life when I feel I actually know their character rather than someone who maybe had an off day or is just a troll.

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

The only people I ever put on ignore were the crew of my former home guild... Lots of drama there both on Gaia and irl that I didn't want to deal with >.>;;
I'm pretty sure I'm still on the ignore list of two of them, but I've since taken all of them off my list, since I'd rather not hold grudges~

I do sometimes think about putting irritating/ignorant/whiny people on ignore but in the end if someone's post bothers me I usually just skip over it and shake my head, it's not like they're even worth the trouble lol

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm on a few people's ignore lists tbh, with all my bitching rofl

User Image

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

I haven't used it in a long while. And I have maybe a total of like 5 people on my ignore list? Some of them are from the AT forum who really ticked me off and I don't want to deal with them. And there are people on there where I scratch my head and wonder why they're on there. There's probably a good reason but if I forgot why then maybe it wasn't? Who knows.

Greedy Capitalist

19,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
This thread made me curious about whether or not I have anyone on my ignore list at the moment, which I do. I only have one person there and I have a feeling it's from an event in Towns from years ago when my friend and I were chatting and (possibly) this person and someone else were harassing us the entire time. If I didn't block them for that, I have no idea why I did, but I don't remove someone from my ignore list because it generally takes quite a bit for me to put someone on that list.

Generally, the only reason I would ever put anyone on my ignore list is because they're harassing me.

Bear

Like many others here, it takes a lot for me to put someone on ignore. I'm not very confrontational, so I don't have anyone like that on my list, and while there are some people I don't like whether because they have ignorant views or wronged my friends, I can overlook that and act civil because they have not personally wronged me and it avoids the possibility of dealing with angry/confused PMs from friends or mules, which I have had to deal with before when I was more bold about ignoring.

That being said, there are two people I had blocked because their bigoted views were too hard to overlook. One has some awful anti-gay marriage slogan in their sig, and the other person made a ridiculous racial stereotype character then had the gall to say it was only a joke and people like me were ruining Gaia when I called them out. It was a real slap in the face that she honestly thought the caricature she had made was meant to be funny.

That sort of crap is demoralizing enough to deal with in day to day life, and I don't want to be reminded of the s**t stacked against me and the people I love when I come online to play dress up and talk about dumb stuff. Except, now that I'm a Forum Assistant, I see people on my ignored list again, so ah well. It's necessary.

Mega Bit

My ignore list is currently empty, but I've put some spammers on it before. Also there was someone who was very confrontational for no reason at all, and I'm still kinda wary of them, but i took them off because I'd keep seeing quote trees with them in it anyways...the ignore listing didn't really do much for me. Even though it was never towards me, I didn't feel good to read that stuff all the time.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

People who are rude and condescending, bitchy people, ignorant, stubborn on the wrong, entirely completely totally wrong side of an opinion.

I probably would've slapped a lot more names in my ignore list if it wasn't for the fact I tend to make a few threads in GCD and I'd still want people to look at these information (unless they just don't deserve that information)

Im not ashamed to admit that I would love to use this feature more often. Gaia is supposed to be a fun place and most of the time I try to look at drama with popcorn from a safe distance. So I came here to have fun and if people are shitty a** trash stains that refuse to understand that they are being really bad, then woohoo, I'm outtie.

Roamer

32,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
I honestly rarely use it. But I have used it to people who harass me for days on end for no apparent reason ( not pointing fingers ). I just got tired of it and ignored the person an moved on with my life.

Superpowered Werewolf

20,340 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
i only block spammers but I've been blocked by someone for talking about feminism in a negative light.

Special Snowflake

I recently took everyone off my ignore list. Mostly I use it as a time-out for myself, if someone is just making me angry by reading their posts they go on the list temporarily, such as if we've had a disagreement or something. It's mainly just to stop myself saying something I'll regret later on. They come off again later, when I'm calmer.

Occasionally, I block because I don't see eye to eye with most of their posts or if they harp on about a particular prejudice in every one of their posts. I sometimes block for versus events if someone keeps on attacking me because, c'mon, we all deserve some fun and I need to be alive long enough to get my points too!

I always block those spam bots who post links akin to the Nigerian Prince cons.

I have accidentally blocked people in the past that I meant to smash the friend request for mistakenly- I get tired, okay?!

I'm sure I've been blocked by people on here but I forget who, and honestly I don't particularly care too much... except that one time where someone blocked but I didn't know why xd but then I realised one day I'd been unblocked again sweatdrop

Inquisitive Bibliophile

The only times I've ignored people at this point involved being spammed--such as having someone post things like "LoL I want gold!" on my profile repeatedly, or spamming huge gifs in the forum and causing lag, etc.

I don't usually ignore people just for being annoying, inflammatory, or because I dislike them. Even people I have little respect for have important things to say sometimes, so if I don't like someone, or I don't like what someone is saying, I just don't pay attention to it. The ignore function isn't really necessary for me to ignore that sort of thing.

The few times I've ignored people, it was only temporary to stop some kind of disruptive behavior I couldn't just not pay attention to.

I think the only one on my ignore list at the moment is the Welcome Fairy. LoL

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

I haven't been using it recently, but when I did, it was for people who were looking to cause drama, trolls, scammers, and people I generally won't want to ever encounter in the near or far future.
I have some users who've been on the list since 2007 and even though I'm pretty sure they're no longer on Gaia, they're staying on the list.
It just makes my Gaia life so much easier- The way it's supposed to be, and as the saying goes, "Out of sight, out of mind."
The last time I cleared out my ignorelist, one of the people I ignored made a horrendous lowball when I tried selling something on the Exchange...(Seriously, 20bil for a 150bil item) and I suddenly remembered why they were on my ignorelist in the first place.
I only took him off for 15-20 minutes before putting him back in. lol
Never going to clean the list out again.

Woo Mee's Fav

Sexy Pickle

29,975 Points
  • Pickle Paradise 500
  • Melonsta X 500
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
The last time I used the ignore feature was probably around eight years ago. Out of the three still on the list, I only remember with one why they're on there. (Creepy creeper being creepy with my underage friend who I got into it with.)

I don't usually get spam or into arguments, so it hasn't been needed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff