Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you / would you use Gaia's houses?

Yes! I use this feature currently. 0.13682812180666 13.7% [ 1339 ]
I would use this feature if it were updated! (bug fixes / new items) 0.42254240752095 42.3% [ 4135 ]
No, I have little to no interest in this feature. 0.38503985285101 38.5% [ 3768 ]
Idk, I'm just taking this poll for the gold! 0.055589617821377 5.6% [ 544 ]
Total Votes:[ 9786 ]
This poll closed on March 6, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 79 80 81 > >>

Tenacious Spirit

Not interested in housing at all. Mine just collects virtual dust at this point. I don't know if I would care even with an update.

Interstellar Hobo

49,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Distrustul Officer 50
I think, it was a good marketing, when we had to get a new place for our house, around with friends, but there is no afterlife of that, and it started to be forget. There are nothing to make us to go there in towns, and if we can't show our creativity as like avatars, there is no reason to spend a lot of gold for it. And there are not so much options.

But I really love to decorate my house, but why should I keep do it, if the only person who see it is me?
I hope there will be something, what will brings it back, because I really love it!

I wish for house partys or contests we must do at home and in neighborhoods, or something, like candy collecting was around Halloween. emotion_yatta

Sparkly Fairy

12,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
✮ What kind of furniture / decorations would you like to see?
~Wall dividers that can have wallpaper, so I could make small rooms and decorate them separately.
~Modern furniture.
~Victorian furniture.
~60's furniture(lava lamps, shag carpet/rugs, tie dye, posters).
~Laboratory(evil scientist maybe)could have taxidermy animals bugs pinned in frames etc.
~Moose heads, bear heads, and similar stuff.
~Bathroom things?

✮ Do you currently use housing? If not, what would make you want to use it more?
On and off. New items to decorate with, and the ability to make rooms.
If you make them cash shop items this won't help and will further repel and irritate me toward your site as I cannot afford this.

✮ Is hour house currently decorated? If so, with what?
The Helsing package from a few years ago when I could afford it, some of the Gothic furniture, and Halloween furniture.

Fashionable Shopper

7,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
I decorate my house and would do more if I could get the thing to update my house. So far it wont let me do much. On a rare occasion I can change carpet but seldom the walls.I have purchased the large house many times but it wont do it, just says wait a moment. lol I been w8ing since I started the game. Would do more if you just fix the bugs. rofl

Fanatical Explorer

AngelaMae23
I dont really use my house. I would use it if things were updated but for right now I think those who are asking for the inventory updater is the group I am going with here. Actually I would LOVE to see the Aquaruim being able to be used in our houses. That would be really neat.

Yes, I've thought this for years, being able to have our Aquarium in our houses would be so cool. ^_^

I do use my house on occasion, but it could be a lot more fun and worthwhile if it didn't always feel like an abandoned feature.

But they really should work on the inventory arranger before tackling houses...

Dramatic Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Team Rina 200
I voted "I would use this feature if it were updated! (bug fixes / new items)", despite that I do sparingly use the feature. I'd use it more if it were easier to use, and bugs were fixed.

Shadow Shadow

Oh cool you-
Oh. Wait Towns 2.... Okay um.
No I don't use towns 2.... I use Towns 1...
Great, okay I'll try to do this then.

✮ What kind of furniture / decorations would you like to see?
    Again I don't use Towns 2, but for furniture... More creepy items I would say. Skulls. Bones. Knives. Weapons like baseball bats and guillotines? I love my creepy items. Oh! And maybe mannequins we can dress up?
    Please please though if you make more items, make them GOLD. GOLD items. I beg you on this.... We need more gold items.

✮ Do you currently use housing? If not, what would make you want to use it more?
    I haven't used housing since hm... 2011 or 2012 I believe. It's kind of hard to use the decorating settings. I haven't tried it in towns 2 because again, I don't use Towns 2.
    Also I would probably use it more if I could interact with my furniture. Like if they could do things?
    Also if the houses can be bigger. Houses feel more like apartments than a house.

✮ Is hour house currently decorated? If so, with what?
    I have a house decorated. I remember it had a piano, candles, a bed, a cabinet, some flowers, a shelf with a kitchen knife set... A huge window and a door.
    I was trying to make it creepy obviously.

That's all my input. But just to recap.
    Creepy items.
    Items need to be in gold.
    Mannequins to dress up with our items that we currently own.
    Fix arranger.
    Make houses bigger.
    Interactive items for houses.
    Fix bugs and make things better in houses in general.

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I would use the houses if they were updated and updates were FREE (not for sale with GC) and items used were GOLD only.

Sick of the GC shenanigans
Yes, I do use houses but there's not a whole lot you can do with them. The furniture sets are outdated, and the feature itself is seriously lacking. You can't even sit down on the furniture in your house, what?!

However, there are some great furniture sets that should be expanded upon. I.E. Egyptian set, Roman set, Medieval/Gothic set, Mermaid set. It would also be nice if you could create a mytho (fairy/fantasy), a sci fi furniture set, vegas/rocker, country/islander sets/princess set/culture sets.

Options I'd love to see that'd make me use houses more: friends only "locked" house option. Sort of how friend chats work only people on your friends list, or selected friends can enter your house. But a layering system would be much more appreciated. If it's also possible to get more recolors of items/eyes/hair or create an RBG color slider to custom pick colors for items.
Eh I could care less about then
biggrin that wood be grate
biggrin that wood be grate

Junior Sophomore

I was actually thinking about this topic last night. I never, ever go into towns. It lags loading up, the animation for walking is really stupid - lol, sorry but that does bug me. It looks like a cartoon fight scene except it's my legs flailing down there - and really, it leaves a lot to be desired.

the thing is, I've been playing Everquest Next: Landmark, wherein you have complete freedom to build whatever the heck you want including housing, and I've got my eye on some other MMORPGs that include housing as well(WildStar!) , and I am hype as heck about the housing in those games. so it got me thinking: what exactly is the difference here? why am I so indifferent about Gaian housing?

well, I think for starters changing the walk animation somehow might be a good start - no idea if that'd even be possible...but from playing other flash based games with avatars I like to believe it is possible - that'd help towns in general. but as for housing itself, add some animated items! make the TV turn on and actually play something when I watch it. add in some radios so you can have music playing in your house. have an oven that dings when something's "done" and a stovetop that sizzles food and a coffee pot that percolates (why am I so fixated on the kitchen? I guess food makes me feel cozy)

are animated and soundbyte items already in housing? if so, the fact I don't know speaks volumes and you guys should hype that up. seriously, interactive housing items would feel so awesome and give an incentive for me visiting other people's houses. ever check out LinePlay? I love visiting peoples' lil houses and signing their guestbooks and eating food there and all sorts of silly cute little things. add that stuff to Gaian housing and I'd be down for hanging around there more often than currently - which is never. I'm sure other people might get intrigued as well by stuff like that.

also with the arrival of our new little furry friends, how about more exterior housing options? cute little houses themed to fit our new furballs would be great as well, for RPing and just plain looking adorable.

these are, of course, just like, my opinions, man, so take 'em with a hefty grain of salt (preferably on top of delicious chocolate and/or caramel) gaia_angelright

Mythical Superfan

26,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lets face it, when you guys made Towns2 and refused to make a better Towns 1, everything sort of went downhill from there. Instead of making a new town that nobody would use you should have just made an IDENTICAL town like we already have. I have heard "Oh we cant do anything with that town and its a security risk" Ok yeah, but you couldnt have made a new town that looked exactly the same as the old one? Nobody likes Towns2 everyone plays on Towns1 still. The houses are glitchy and laggy and not much you can do with the current layering. I love how a towns2 was made but nothing was done to the glitched up housing. plus the fact that you made all the houses secluded to where we wont beable to interact with eachother and towns2 is so big its like making friends is even harder cause everyones so spread out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff