Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you / would you use Gaia's houses?

Yes! I use this feature currently. 0.13682812180666 13.7% [ 1339 ]
I would use this feature if it were updated! (bug fixes / new items) 0.42254240752095 42.3% [ 4135 ]
No, I have little to no interest in this feature. 0.38503985285101 38.5% [ 3768 ]
Idk, I'm just taking this poll for the gold! 0.055589617821377 5.6% [ 544 ]
Total Votes:[ 9786 ]
This poll closed on March 6, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 79 80 81 > >>

Obsessive Cultist

I've always liked the housing feature. My own house is so glitchy though, I can't even enter without everything freezing.
Would love an update/fixes, but have to agree with those saying there are other things that should have higher priority, like the inventory arranger.

Invisible Kitten

I really liked using my house during the What the Fluff event! buttttt when the event was over, so was my interest in it. If there was more for me to do there I guess I would use it more.

I decorate my house with whatever free stuff I get from DC. XD

Loyal Partner

19,540 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
Houses don't feel very interactive at this moment - there are some items you can interact with (you can turn on some appliances) but as far as interacting with most of the house goes, there is a definitive lack of interactivity with one's avatar.

The best-case scenario for houses would be that they felt entertaining to do on their own right. That you'd fill your house with entertaining items that would make you want to go there on your own, or even visit your friend's houses to see what they enjoy. Houses also don't feel as easy to "share" with others as other features of the site. Indeed it takes some effort to arrange a meeting between people at a given location in Towns. You almost have to hope someone is just around at a place already and just run into them.

Some personal suggestions:

- Additional floors or even the construction of more rooms, being able to make a house truly large and a place to explore might make them more novel for visitors to be interested in going into, and more of a good place to conduct organized social activity (such as throwing a birthday party).

- More items with greater levels of interactivity might make such activities more enjoyable, and increase the lifetime of such activities and the frequency of them to a degree.

- A way to also "plan" events and send invitations to friends with a way to instantly get people into a given home if they're online would also be fantastic for getting events rolling in the first place.

- Some other lesser incentive to encourage visits to homes might include gold on daily visit: so people go to their neighborhoods more often. Perhaps "cleaning a house" or yard might yield more gold or otherwise, but be more of an optional activity that wouldn't degrade the house if one avoided doing it. Possible mini-game.

- One other idea would be to make towns a secondary part of the header to the site, so you're always in towns to some capacity, and can enlarge it upon noticing activity, as currently it requires multiple windows and alternating between the site and Towns, which in some cases is not ideal.
I'm gonna hop on the inventory arranger bandwagon, because seriously, it needs it way more than housing.

I always spend a bunch of time reorganizing my house when an update comes out or when I find a housing item I've never seen before. But I don't actually spend much time there outside of that.

But I think updated basics would be nice, like sleek and modern high-rise furniture. We have a lot of niche items, and now the basics look really outdated. I'd like something less cutesy.

Wicked Wife

34,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Well, the house is certainly fun to play with, but I hardly ever do so because no one else seems to really use it.

I'd much prefer an update to the inventory arranger and new gold shop items...

Or better yet, updates to Zomg!

Super Giver

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DrakenAlien 's Fangirl

Bashful Cutie-Pie

12,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Ebonlock
Houses don't feel very interactive at this moment - there are some items you can interact with (you can turn on some appliances) but as far as interacting with most of the house goes, there is a definitive lack of interactivity with one's avatar.

The best-case scenario for houses would be that they felt entertaining to do on their own right. That you'd fill your house with entertaining items that would make you want to go there on your own, or even visit your friend's houses to see what they enjoy. Houses also don't feel as easy to "share" with others as other features of the site. Indeed it takes some effort to arrange a meeting between people at a given location in Towns. You almost have to hope someone is just around at a place already and just run into them.

- Additional floors or even the construction of more rooms, being able to make a house truly large and a place to explore might make them more novel for visitors to be interested in going into, and more of a good place to conduct organized social activity (such as throwing a birthday party).

- More items with greater levels of interactivity might make such activities more enjoyable, and increase the lifetime of such activities and the frequency of them to a degree.

- A way to also "plan" events and send invitations to friends with a way to instantly get people into a given home if they're online would also be fantastic for getting events rolling in the first place.

- Some other lesser incentive to encourage visits to homes might include gold on daily visit: so people go to their neighborhoods more often. Perhaps "cleaning a house" or yard might yield more gold or otherwise, but be more of an optional activity that wouldn't degrade the house if one avoided doing it. Possible mini-game.

- One other idea would be to make towns a secondary part of the header to the site, so you're always in towns to some capacity, and can enlarge it upon noticing activity, as currently it requires multiple windows and alternating between the site and Towns, which in some cases is not ideal.

those are awesome ideas,i totally be up for those changes!!!

Loyal Partner

19,540 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
MoonDustPower
Ebonlock

Thanks. I'd be interested to know which ones people would like more. I didn't put them in any particular order, personally. Additional feedback that might be useful I suppose?

Schlaghund's Princess

Sweetest Delight

58,900 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sunny Side Up 100
*pokes sig*

I'd rather Gaia reinstate the fish that were removed from Phin Phang over two years ago "while we balance the game" rather than anything to do with Housing. (Gaia has already shown that it doesn't care about marketplace "balance", so put the fish back, already.)

DrakenAlien 's Fangirl

Bashful Cutie-Pie

12,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Ebonlock
MoonDustPower
Ebonlock

Thanks. I'd be interested to know which ones people would like more. I didn't put them in any particular order, personally. Additional feedback that might be useful I suppose?

I really like the first one alot,Additional floors or even the construction of more rooms, being able to make a house truly large and a place to explore might make them more novel for visitors to be interested in going into, and more of a good place to conduct organized social activity (such as throwing a birthday party).
i would like to actually have a bathroom and bedroom separate from the kitchen haha,and special events like party's would be awesome! Maybe if you could play games at the party to earn gold too!

Friendly Consumer

24,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
I use this feature but would love this feature to be fixed of bugs and new items for our homes been a while shince we have had an update

Sparkly Darling

16,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I used to use that feature, but now just every once in awhile to decorate. If there were newer items or things to do with/in it I'd use it much more.

Wild Comrade

There's some kind of bug where I can't use the Houses feature.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Ebonlock

Yes to all of your suggestions, I've posted this a few times, I think it might be a good way to start trying to add more rooms.

In a relationship with lilbunnyfox

I actually love using my house here on gaia. It's sort of a nice getaway, somewhere I can run to when I jump online. My real life home isn't so great, so yeah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff