Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well...

Adroid 0.56291390728477 56.3% [ 85 ]
Iphone 0.35099337748344 35.1% [ 53 ]
Other 0.086092715231788 8.6% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 151 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Spoopy Loiterer

I haven't tried the app for quite some time so I don't know if the recent update they released on the iOS app fixed some things. I know before I wasn't able to click the links on the bottom of the app because as soon as you scrolled down it scrolled back up. You had to be really fast or lucky to actually be able to click on any of the links. I kind of gave up on it after that.

With 4G LTE it's not too hard to load the regular site to at least check the CS and the daily update thread in the GCD while on break at work. Anything else I figure I can wait until I get home and on my laptop.

Cottontail

Vupie

I'm shocked so many people have voted in the poll myself! I figured only a few would pop up and I would have put money on it that Iphone/apple product people would outnumber android easily, but I am wrong as of now, but maybe GCD people just have good tastes =p (not an apple fan, but my brother is). I haven't seen many people actually talk about the the app. in awhile, so I decided it wouldn't really hurt to open a discussion about it (I am planning to keep it alive longer than my last few threads, lol, I get busy with life easily) but maybe it will encourage people to at least check it out and leave their thoughts, I'm always interested for good conversation!

I've never once bought from Verge, though I've had a membership for as long as I can remember, normally I can get the items for a better deal off the market...I do have interests in the birthstone items, but not enough to spend that much on them >.< would like to have all the April items at some point, fat chance though.

Honestly, I feel like if they made the app's daily change more desirable that wouldn't be a bad reward for at least opening it to the front page and clicking the link! Currently I haven't found great results from it (ears, or 5 to 10k mostly) but it they updated it to maybe higher amounts of gold or small amounts of GC I would happily at least check it daily (I mean I do anyway!)

That's all I've really gotten from it too, maybe a few of those blue shirts ahaha but usually
it's the 5k. I don't think they updated it with charms like they did the regular Daily chance,
but I might not check it enough to be sure.

Updating that feature would be a great start to perk-incentives to get people using the free app,
if they ever did want to make that a selling point for it. Now that I've given it a bit more thought,
I kinda do want them to make a super-clean & functional Gaia-on-the-go app you have to purchase.
They don't give time to any project without a clear profit potential anymore cat_crying

Star

I used to have the app on my iPhone. I only ever used it to buy gc with iTunes, but I stopped due to purchases being successful BUT the gc transition was not made

I have filed tickets ANC got back the gc I lost, not much tho, just about $15

but that was about 2-3 months ago and Ive stopped buying gc for a while now

I haven't seen the updated app, maybe I should check that out o:

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
scuttlefish
I just use the browser because you can't access guilds from the app last I checked. And 90% of my activity is spent in the guilds.

Didn't ever notice you could access guilds from the app! Nice bringing that up ^.^

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
ariichu
Vupie

I'm shocked so many people have voted in the poll myself! I figured only a few would pop up and I would have put money on it that Iphone/apple product people would outnumber android easily, but I am wrong as of now, but maybe GCD people just have good tastes =p (not an apple fan, but my brother is). I haven't seen many people actually talk about the the app. in awhile, so I decided it wouldn't really hurt to open a discussion about it (I am planning to keep it alive longer than my last few threads, lol, I get busy with life easily) but maybe it will encourage people to at least check it out and leave their thoughts, I'm always interested for good conversation!

I've never once bought from Verge, though I've had a membership for as long as I can remember, normally I can get the items for a better deal off the market...I do have interests in the birthstone items, but not enough to spend that much on them >.< would like to have all the April items at some point, fat chance though.

Honestly, I feel like if they made the app's daily change more desirable that wouldn't be a bad reward for at least opening it to the front page and clicking the link! Currently I haven't found great results from it (ears, or 5 to 10k mostly) but it they updated it to maybe higher amounts of gold or small amounts of GC I would happily at least check it daily (I mean I do anyway!)

That's all I've really gotten from it too, maybe a few of those blue shirts ahaha but usually
it's the 5k. I don't think they updated it with charms like they did the regular Daily chance,
but I might not check it enough to be sure.

Updating that feature would be a great start to perk-incentives to get people using the free app,
if they ever did want to make that a selling point for it. Now that I've given it a bit more thought,
I kinda do want them to make a super-clean & functional Gaia-on-the-go app you have to purchase.
They don't give time to any project without a clear profit potential anymore cat_crying

Yeah, they kinda do jump around a lot >.< I think if they had a larger theme and didn't have so many people stretched thinned then more might get done.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Asterisci
I used to have the app on my iPhone. I only ever used it to buy gc with iTunes, but I stopped due to purchases being successful BUT the gc transition was not made

I have filed tickets ANC got back the gc I lost, not much tho, just about $15

but that was about 2-3 months ago and Ive stopped buying gc for a while now

I haven't seen the updated app, maybe I should check that out o:

People have been having issues with the iOS version lately, so you might have problems with it. Fingers crossed they fix it soon though.

Magical Phantom

i have the app. and i really really want to like it... but its just so ugly and tossed together. the marketplace bit is better but still blaa and awkward. i think it needs a ground up redesign! and if gaia doesnt have the time to invest enough into the app that it could be used in place of the website... then they may as well scrap it! because all the poor app is doing is taking time/effort away from the main website. and gaia doesnt seem to have the extra workers for ANY side projects.

Merry Traveler

I have it in my android phone. They are very limited and annoying.
the dress up pages is a pain to use, scrolling number of pages without page number, just back and forth...
the forum is alright, but the lack of multi-tab annoy me a lot.
also you can't preview item in marketplace, whenever you click on item link, it basically open a new webpage instead of the marketplace in the app itself
not to mention guild is non-existent in the app >.<

I usually use it for quick check of notices and message.
if I want to do any other thing, it is best to use browser to do them

Sugary Waffles

I have the app on my iphone. I use it when I'm on campus and I don't have my laptop on me.

When I first got it, it was alright although it wasn't anything particularly amazing.

There was a period of time where it was near unusable, after checking announcements the app would close by itself, and I couldn't properly check the marketplace or my notifications. Oftentimes the app would freeze randomly. Despite the problems, I managed to work my way around it...

I generally try to avoid dressing up my avatar or posting on the forums when using the app. Simply because it's super clunky, and I'm used to clicking back and forth between tabs for clothing and stuffs. Too much effort and it just ain't worth, lol. Generally speaking, I don't even post on the forums.....ever..

With the latest update, they fixed all of those problems and so far it's been smooth sailing. I mostly use the app to check CS updates, whether or not my items sold, or to buy gc through itunes. Previously I had not run into any problems with buying gc, but the last time I tried, it ate my money and didn't give me my gc. I had to file a bunch of tickets and ended up directly contacting apple chat support...which worked, but was a bit of a hassle.

I'm glad they finally fixed the problems with the iphone app, although it appears they haven't done the same with the android app. There's plenty of room for improvement and I think they're taking a step in the right direction. :P

Edit: I totally forgot. You used to be able to view the profiles of other users, but now they never ever load.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Red Rose Demons
i have the app. and i really really want to like it... but its just so ugly and tossed together. the marketplace bit is better but still blaa and awkward. i think it needs a ground up redesign! and if gaia doesnt have the time to invest enough into the app that it could be used in place of the website... then they may as well scrap it! because all the poor app is doing is taking time/effort away from the main website. and gaia doesnt seem to have the extra workers for ANY side projects.
You know they haven't updated the tax message on the app, right?

So it still displays the old 2% rofl

Prodigal Demigod

Do you have the Gaiaonline App?
    Yes.
    If so how often do you use it and what for?
    Daily login for the scratch thingy cuz freebies xD
    What improvements do you think could be made to it?
    Trade, the interface design could use some refining.
    Do you think it is something Gaia should invest a little more time on?
    Maybe.
    Is it just easier to bring it up on a webpage when you are on your phone (for you)?
    YESSS.

Trash Immortal

I have the app for Android... and it has devolved into a useless, glitchy, POS. It wasn't much use before, expect to read announcements and check PMs, but now it's not even useful for that. I really, really wish Gaia would invest in making a usable mobile app. It's such a pain to switch to my mobile browser just to see things. #firstworldproblems

Winter Bunny

22,525 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Generous 100
Wall I do use the gaia app a bit I have come to realize its not very good for anything other then messaging those who you are already talking to. If you get an announcement displaying a new item you cant view it on your avatar to see if you want it. You cant view videos of trailers gaia has a promotional deal with. You want to go into the shops that aren't the cash shop? Too bad. Marketplace isn't the best and over all the app has little function. It doesn't function with events its needs a lot of improvement.

But perhaps its just the Android version that sucks?

Magical Phantom

DYRL
Red Rose Demons
You know they haven't updated the tax message on the app, right?

So it still displays the old 2% rofl

really?! *ha* i didnt even notice that rolleyes gaia just cant manage the site AND an app too. maybe later if they get more people to work on it fine... but yea, its so neglected.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Red Rose Demons

I would like them to work on it more instead of scraping it, I use it when a lot right now for messaging, but I agree with you. They really need to do SOMETHING with it. I'm sure they can get someone who isn't overloaded to work on it (I could be wrong) I would probably be on a lot more if they did that lol, I take my phone everywhere with me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff