Total Votes:[ 151 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
amarzyciel
I have it in my android phone. They are very limited and annoying.
the dress up pages is a pain to use, scrolling number of pages without page number, just back and forth...
the forum is alright, but the lack of multi-tab annoy me a lot.
also you can't preview item in marketplace, whenever you click on item link, it basically open a new webpage instead of the marketplace in the app itself
not to mention guild is non-existent in the app >.<

I usually use it for quick check of notices and message.
if I want to do any other thing, it is best to use browser to do them

That is my biggest peeve as well, going to the market and not being able to try the item on without going to another page is horrid >.< had forgotten about that until you said it since I've really stopped using that part of the app. minus checking prices of my wishlist items.

Aged Gaian

I remember reading somewhere that they should be making updates soon for the mobile app. I find it too often that some companies will update apple products before android so I hope they do it at the same time, no sense in leaving people out.
I use the mobile app a little but it's not that great to use. Changing your avi is interesting, going through small pages of items. Must be bad for anyone with a really large inventory. Browsing the forums isn't that bad though, and it's easier to post in than when I use Gaia in my phone's web browser.

Magical Phantom

Vupie
Red Rose Demons
i have the app. and i really really want to like it... but its just so ugly and tossed together. the marketplace bit is better but still blaa and awkward. i think it needs a ground up redesign! and if gaia doesnt have the time to invest enough into the app that it could be used in place of the website... then they may as well scrap it! because all the poor app is doing is taking time/effort away from the main website. and gaia doesnt seem to have the extra workers for ANY side projects.

I would like them to work on it more instead of scraping it, I use it when a lot right now for messaging, but I agree with you. They really need to do SOMETHING with it. I'm sure they can get someone who isn't overloaded to work on it (I could be wrong) I would probably be on a lot more if they did that lol, I take my phone everywhere with me.

oh yes. i would love for the app to be great! but if they are choosing between patching a blaa app or working on the main site... then its not worth it.
the only reason i think gaia cant handle it is because of that staff notice a little while ago that told everybody that their staff is smaller than it used to be, and for everyone to chill out while they try to update parts of the site over time. so yea... that be my logic and stuff.

Fluffy Friend

25,090 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I wish the app worked better. I'd spend more time (and money) on Gaia if I was having a better mobile experience with it.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

I have the Gaia app (iOS), and use it quite often. It typically suits my needs well when it comes to lurking around specific forums. ^^;

I'm pleased that the iOS version is more or less stabilized now, but I feel that the interface could be improved. It's a minor quip (since it's quite hard to use it on the app to begin with), but fluid inventory views would be most welcome. Likewise for the cash shop presentation too if it's still considered a priority for the app in question.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Asashikka
I have the Gaia app (iOS), and use it quite often. It typically suits my needs well when it comes to lurking around specific forums. ^^;

I'm pleased that the iOS version is more or less stabilized now, but I feel that the interface could be improved. It's a minor quip (since it's quite hard to use it on the app to begin with), but fluid inventory views would be most welcome. Likewise for the cash shop presentation too if it's still considered a priority for the app in question.

First time I've heard something good about the iOS version xD
The gaia app doesnt look very nice on my android .^.

Predestined Survivor

11,525 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
Since the latest update it won't work at all for me. stare I'm like the iOS software is updated and all that jazz and it still won't work. It's...just bananas man a bunch of bananas. emotion_donotwant

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Do you have the Gaiaonline App?
Yes.

If so how often do you use it and what for?
I don't I haven't used it since downloading it like a year ago, I thought it was terrible and unreliable so I always opened Gaia in browser.

What improvements do you think could be made to it?
Needs to be able to reply to posts and buy stuff from shops easier. It would also be nice to have mobile Gaia games too.

Do you think it is something Gaia should invest a little more time on?
I think it's stupid that they haven't, loads of people are picking tablets over laptops, everyone has a smart phone. Catering to that side of the market a little bit would only be beneficial.

Is it just easier to bring it up on a webpage when you are on your phone (for you)?
Webpage is always easier. The app crashed for me a lot.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

Vupie
Asashikka

First time I've heard something good about the iOS version xD

LOL xD (your response made me laugh)

From my end, ever since the app got a update (a terribly overdue one at that), the app stopped being annoyingly difficult to use. xD No more expected crashes when viewing announcements, no more giving up the idea of not checking notices on mobile because the app button links refuses to accommodate my screen, and so on.

That aside, the app remains pretty flawed. The only useful function it has (and will continue to be from my eyes) is the ability to just view the forums. It's very basic, but I'm spared from the onslaught of ads and being forced to resize my window or orientation just to read the forum. yum_puddi

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
gaia_spoons Do you have the Gaiaonline App?
Yes, the Android one.

gaia_spoons If so how often do you use it and what for?
It's my first go to whenever I want to check Gaia away from my computer, like when I'm not getting out of bed or am out of the house.

gaia_spoons What improvements do you think could be made to it?
Tons! Some issues that immediatly come to mind are:

• Dress Up crashes the app whenever you try to access other categories of clothing apart from the default (e.g. hats, items)

• You can barely see much of the Cash Shop. You just see a tiny portion of the items and then you can't scroll around to see more.

• When you try and check Announcements on the forum using the app, you're unable to access the subforums and get stuck in the one left intentionally blank, unless you find a link to go a post there directly.

• They should add access to the Manga stuff, like LINE Webtoons because why not?

• On that note, they should bring some of their games on to the app too. Tons of people play games on the mobile and I'm surprised they haven't capitalized on this yet.

• Notifications for Notices, PMs and Announcements don't change unless you close and start the app again.

• PMs can't be deleted for some reason.

gaia_spoons Do you think it is something Gaia should invest a little more time on?
They should, but I consider it secondary to bringing the main site up to date and fixing bugs.

gaia_spoons Is it just easier to bring it up on a webpage when you are on your phone (for you)?
Not really. Loading the actual website means I can do more stuff (like access Inventory) but it means I use up more Mobile Data and have to scroll around more.

Fluffy Bunny

STILL waiting for Gaia to address their broken app.
Seriously annoyed that it is taking them this long to even say something.
But honestly why do I expect anything after zOMG being shut down? rolleyes

Pure-hearted Werewolf

22,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
I have the Iphone app, however ever since the most recent update I can't use it. Every time I try to open it immediately crashes now, sure it was extremely glitchy but at least I could use it before the update! Hopefully they fix it soon. cat_stare

[.Crack.]'s Fav

Sexy Melon

I have the app, but haven't used it in a good while. When I use my phone to check Gaia during work I use Safari and log on that way.
I actually really wish Gaia would make their app better, or redo it or something. I mean the app has so much potential imo.
Also I would LOVE if Gaia made an emote app so I could use Gaia emotes everywhereeeeee. That would be awesome emotion_yatta

In a relationship with aj OwO

Dapper Partner

650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i would love for the app to be useful. surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash