< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Vupie
St V-Starr
I have the app for iOS and it's one of my most used apps even if I mainly use it to read the announcements when I can't use the computer whether it's because I just woke up or out of the house. I honestly would rather use the app since the Gaia website isn't mobile friendly and I have to zoom in and out to make sure I read something right or to make sure I clicked on the right link.

Well, one of the improvements that needs to be made is that first of all, the crashing. A lot of people, including myself, have been experiencing crashing upon opening the app with last week's(?) update so that really needs to be looked at. I was lucky to still have the old version of the app on my computer. I would also love to see a back button mostly so it'll be easier to browse the forums and the avatar dress up to be overhauled. The current layout makes it feel very cluttered with the endless pages and no search feature so I can find what item I'm looking for much more quickly.

I like the backbutton idea, I have that same issue with the android version, kind of sucks. Crashing does seem to be the biggest issue right now >.< I don't have that since I have an older version, but I have a feeling I know what it's like. I also agree with the layout, something that can be easily improved with a little effort.

The only crashing I get in the old app aside from the random crashing many apps have is if I press the announcement button when there isn't one, so I much prefer the old app.

Fluffy Bunny

The app is crashing for many users since the update.
Gaia NEEDS to address it.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
The Emwo
I installed it just to test it out and see what it has. I prefer having the website because it looks like it has missing features i that use the site for and bugs that keep happening.
Interface
*forums are cluttered. Sure I can view them but the readability is bad since everything's stuck together and clicking one topic may load or load the one above or below it.
* viewing replies. Once you compose a reply you can't view the op or anyone else's posts unless you discard your message and go back. I may be beating a dead horse and reiterating what everyone else is saying or someone may have responded to someone else's answer .

Marketplace: no watching trends.
It'd be useful to know if an item I'm looking for has dropped In price or if it's a good time to sell anything I have. Also a good way to view my watch list

Daily chance and offer videos redirect me back to chrome.

No navigation buttons on some pages either and my back button on my phone doesn't allow me to go back either.

Bugs may be device specific or app specific like
Unable to view a few menus or announcements don't load
Unable to Swype and by default open the default keyboard
No way to go back in menus and after force quitting the app it saves where I left off leading me to log out and log back in.
Crashing lagging on pages

What are you viewing the app on? Just curious (may have missed it in your post). I don't have issues with forums being cluttered or replies, mine look pretty clean, but are sized to the screen as well, which I like. So maybe it varies from phone to phone or just between apple and android products?

MP, I have the same issues with that, I don't feel like it's very clean, could be improved. Daily Chance I haven't had problems with yet, and I've never used Video offers so I wouldn't know much about that ^.^' I also have the navigation issue, I have to go all the way back to the main screen then go back in to the forum or whatever I want, then switch around again if I wanna do something else, it's a hassle.

Great review on everything, most detailed out of all the posts so far ^.^ I agree with a lot of it!

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
DYRL
I used to use the android Gaia app for buying cash, but ever since they took that out I found myself only using it for forums

Still hate it

I don't like how few forums I can view at once on the app. so I don't use it much for that, messaging bugs me since it messes up the quotes as it goes along and makes it harder to read everything if you have a longer conversation (which is what I use the app for most of the time).

Wish I would have had it when there was the buying GC using the google play cards ^.^; would have had more to use mine on. Let's hope they make some improvements!

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
St V-Starr
Vupie
St V-Starr
I have the app for iOS and it's one of my most used apps even if I mainly use it to read the announcements when I can't use the computer whether it's because I just woke up or out of the house. I honestly would rather use the app since the Gaia website isn't mobile friendly and I have to zoom in and out to make sure I read something right or to make sure I clicked on the right link.

Well, one of the improvements that needs to be made is that first of all, the crashing. A lot of people, including myself, have been experiencing crashing upon opening the app with last week's(?) update so that really needs to be looked at. I was lucky to still have the old version of the app on my computer. I would also love to see a back button mostly so it'll be easier to browse the forums and the avatar dress up to be overhauled. The current layout makes it feel very cluttered with the endless pages and no search feature so I can find what item I'm looking for much more quickly.

I like the backbutton idea, I have that same issue with the android version, kind of sucks. Crashing does seem to be the biggest issue right now >.< I don't have that since I have an older version, but I have a feeling I know what it's like. I also agree with the layout, something that can be easily improved with a little effort.

The only crashing I get in the old app aside from the random crashing many apps have is if I press the announcement button when there isn't one, so I much prefer the old app.

I'll have to keep that in mine, probably won't update the one on my Ipod just to be safe ^.^;

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
usaginano

Maybe with this small topic going they might look into it ^.^; not too hopeful but a girl can dream! I would like to see improvements all around.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Vupie
St V-Starr
Vupie
St V-Starr

I'll have to keep that in mine, probably won't update the one on my Ipod just to be safe ^.^;

That;s a good idea. 3nodding

Angelic Gatekeeper

15,225 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
I've known about the app for a while now, but I've refused to own a smartphone until like a month ago. Now that I own one I love it xD but I've not treaded very deep in the world of apps, the only thing I've put on it is Skype.

Fluffy Bunny

Vupie
usaginano

Maybe with this small topic going they might look into it ^.^; not too hopeful but a girl can dream! I would like to see improvements all around.
I hope so. I had a similar issue with Instagram and they rerolled the update for users instantly when it was reported.
The old app, while it was lacking some navigation, at least worked properly for me.
Now I have to use my Safari browser app to get on here when I'm mobile.

Hygienic Raider

15,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
Vupie
The Emwo
I installed it just to test it out and see what it has. I prefer having the website because it looks like it has missing features i that use the site for and bugs that keep happening.
Interface
*forums are cluttered. Sure I can view them but the readability is bad since everything's stuck together and clicking one topic may load or load the one above or below it.
* viewing replies. Once you compose a reply you can't view the op or anyone else's posts unless you discard your message and go back. I may be beating a dead horse and reiterating what everyone else is saying or someone may have responded to someone else's answer .

Marketplace: no watching trends.
It'd be useful to know if an item I'm looking for has dropped In price or if it's a good time to sell anything I have. Also a good way to view my watch list

Daily chance and offer videos redirect me back to chrome.

No navigation buttons on some pages either and my back button on my phone doesn't allow me to go back either.

Bugs may be device specific or app specific like
Unable to view a few menus or announcements don't load
Unable to Swype and by default open the default keyboard
No way to go back in menus and after force quitting the app it saves where I left off leading me to log out and log back in.
Crashing lagging on pages

What are you viewing the app on? Just curious (may have missed it in your post). I don't have issues with forums being cluttered or replies, mine look pretty clean, but are sized to the screen as well, which I like. So maybe it varies from phone to phone or just between apple and android products?

MP, I have the same issues with that, I don't feel like it's very clean, could be improved. Daily Chance I haven't had problems with yet, and I've never used Video offers so I wouldn't know much about that ^.^' I also have the navigation issue, I have to go all the way back to the main screen then go back in to the forum or whatever I want, then switch around again if I wanna do something else, it's a hassle.

Great review on everything, most detailed out of all the posts so far ^.^ I agree with a lot of it!

No worries! :3 I'm trying on my Samsung Galaxy Light running KitKat with the default resolution and smallest font available. The apps called "Gaia On The Go" so I might have the wrong app all together. >.> It might be resizing weird because of the resolution of the screen, User Image. I left my ipod at home to test it out on iOS and compare it but I can do it when I get home tonight. ><

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Vupie
DYRL
I used to use the android Gaia app for buying cash, but ever since they took that out I found myself only using it for forums

Still hate it

I don't like how few forums I can view at once on the app. so I don't use it much for that, messaging bugs me since it messes up the quotes as it goes along and makes it harder to read everything if you have a longer conversation (which is what I use the app for most of the time).

Wish I would have had it when there was the buying GC using the google play cards ^.^; would have had more to use mine on. Let's hope they make some improvements!
Same, it's really hella annoying

Plus I can't leave comments on profiles

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Phantasmai
I've known about the app for a while now, but I've refused to own a smartphone until like a month ago. Now that I own one I love it xD but I've not treaded very deep in the world of apps, the only thing I've put on it is Skype.

lol, I'm cracking up, I remember my first smart phone, hated that thing at first, now I couldn't live without one. At the moment you aren't missing out on much without the app. seems like there have been more complaints than good things mentioned, but maybe it will get better!

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
I used it all the time...until they updated it and broke the app :s

Now I'm on gaia waaay less. I would love to have gold shops added to the app.

(iOS version)

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
DYRL
Vupie
DYRL

Still hate it

Same, it's really hella annoying

Plus I can't leave comments on profiles

Hmm, I left a comment on someones profile the other day from my phone without a problem 0.0 trying to remember now if I used my browser or the app, might have to test that.

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Vupie
Pumpkinfrost
The Gaia app for iOS is utter s**t; I stopped using it because I could barely do anything. Now when I want to use Gaia on my phone I just open it from Safari instead of trying to use the app. :

Thank you for that information! I might still have to check it out, but that answers some questions we have had floating around! Is it just super glitchy? I didn't think it would be worse than the Android version since it's suppose to be an update...maybe that's why Android people haven't gotten it yet, they may still be trying to fit it?

Well, it's really limited in what you can do, and I had trouble just scrolling down to click on my notifications. It's like it simply wouldn't work. :c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff