Total Votes:[ 151 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
MingSao
I have the Android app on my phone, but for the most part I only use it to collect the Daily Chance on it or check on my notices if I'm away from a computer. It's super glitchy and crashes a lot on me if I try and do anything substantial on it. gonk

I have it crashing sometimes, but it's only when I get impatient and click something a million times. I don't have any crazy issues with it right now, but I've only been using it again for a week or so and it's really not for much besides messaging. Daily chance is normally 5k to 10k for me, every so often I will get an item, so I often over look it, though I like the scratch off idea of it!

I'm using a Galaxy SIII right now, so I wonder if the experience on the app varies from phone to phone?

Cottontail

Vupie

I will let you know how the iOS is compared to the android version here in a bit, lol! I will go snatch my brothers Iphone or Ipad here soon and see how I like it, if it's a huge differences I might start using it more often on one of those devices instead (when I don't have my computer of course).

I feel like that would be a fair price, and I totally second that in-app perks! Though, thinking on it, it could go wrong, I mean think about it Loyal's and Club Verge were suppose to be perks as well for some people (personal opinion) and they ended up not being all that great (though Loay's LQIs and Rigs lately have been nice!).

I was curious about how many people actually used the app because if more people used it, then maybe there would be more updates or concerns about it? I'm just wondering if not a lot of people know about it or use it often enough for Gaia to think it won't benefit them in any way. In the long run I can see it doing more good than harm, most people are always on the go.

Ahh yes please do!!! I'm actually really curious ahah cat_whee

I know exaaactly what you mean about the perks thing, Club Verge has been so seriously neglected
that I am actually too scared to buy items in there for fear they will just become low-tiers drops
in a RIG or CI (this has happened to me multiple times). Loyal's is getting a bit nicer with the LQI's
and such, but yes, I would not be surprised that if they tried to do something similar with an app
exclusive feature it would go the same way. Gaia could get a little better about focusing on
one thing at a time, and not forgetting every new feature once they come up with another one cat_xp

I'm really happy you made this thread, I hope it draws more attention to the app! Actually kinda
surprised to see how many fellow Android users already clicked on the poll *waves*

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
The Gaia app for iOS is utter s**t; I stopped using it because I could barely do anything. Now when I want to use Gaia on my phone I just open it from Safari instead of trying to use the app. :

AfTK's Wife

Rampaging Unicorn

22,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I have the iOS app on my iPod Touch, and I used to use it all the time to check announcements, forums, and the cash shop. I didn't use the dressing room much unless it was for an outfit I'd already saved (too many items acquired over the years to make that a convenience). However, I've had a lot of problems since the update to 2.0. In fact, I haven't used it since the update because I can't. It crashes every time I try to load it now. I can't update my iOS past 1.6.1 or whatever the last update for iPod Touch 4th gen is, so if that's the reason, the app is unusable for me now.

I got it for android on my new tablet as well, but it has not updated, and I can't scroll through the cash shop at all.

I do wish Gaia would add a feature that would let us go to the specials tab in our inventory and open CIs and such in-app. Also a search function for marketplace and dress-up would make things a lot easier as well.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
ariichu
Vupie

I will let you know how the iOS is compared to the android version here in a bit, lol! I will go snatch my brothers Iphone or Ipad here soon and see how I like it, if it's a huge differences I might start using it more often on one of those devices instead (when I don't have my computer of course).

I feel like that would be a fair price, and I totally second that in-app perks! Though, thinking on it, it could go wrong, I mean think about it Loyal's and Club Verge were suppose to be perks as well for some people (personal opinion) and they ended up not being all that great (though Loay's LQIs and Rigs lately have been nice!).

I was curious about how many people actually used the app because if more people used it, then maybe there would be more updates or concerns about it? I'm just wondering if not a lot of people know about it or use it often enough for Gaia to think it won't benefit them in any way. In the long run I can see it doing more good than harm, most people are always on the go.

Ahh yes please do!!! I'm actually really curious ahah cat_whee

I know exaaactly what you mean about the perks thing, Club Verge has been so seriously neglected
that I am actually too scared to buy items in there for fear they will just become low-tiers drops
in a RIG or CI (this has happened to me multiple times). Loyal's is getting a bit nicer with the LQI's
and such, but yes, I would not be surprised that if they tried to do something similar with an app
exclusive feature it would go the same way. Gaia could get a little better about focusing on
one thing at a time, and not forgetting every new feature once they come up with another one cat_xp

I'm really happy you made this thread, I hope it draws more attention to the app! Actually kinda
surprised to see how many fellow Android users already clicked on the poll *waves*

I'm shocked so many people have voted in the poll myself! I figured only a few would pop up and I would have put money on it that Iphone/apple product people would outnumber android easily, but I am wrong as of now, but maybe GCD people just have good tastes =p (not an apple fan, but my brother is). I haven't seen many people actually talk about the the app. in awhile, so I decided it wouldn't really hurt to open a discussion about it (I am planning to keep it alive longer than my last few threads, lol, I get busy with life easily) but maybe it will encourage people to at least check it out and leave their thoughts, I'm always interested for good conversation!

I've never once bought from Verge, though I've had a membership for as long as I can remember, normally I can get the items for a better deal off the market...I do have interests in the birthstone items, but not enough to spend that much on them >.< would like to have all the April items at some point, fat chance though.

Honestly, I feel like if they made the app's daily change more desirable that wouldn't be a bad reward for at least opening it to the front page and clicking the link! Currently I haven't found great results from it (ears, or 5 to 10k mostly) but it they updated it to maybe higher amounts of gold or small amounts of GC I would happily at least check it daily (I mean I do anyway!)

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Pumpkinfrost
The Gaia app for iOS is utter s**t; I stopped using it because I could barely do anything. Now when I want to use Gaia on my phone I just open it from Safari instead of trying to use the app. :

Thank you for that information! I might still have to check it out, but that answers some questions we have had floating around! Is it just super glitchy? I didn't think it would be worse than the Android version since it's suppose to be an update...maybe that's why Android people haven't gotten it yet, they may still be trying to fit it?

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Paikeia
I have the iOS app on my iPod Touch, and I used to use it all the time to check announcements, forums, and the cash shop. I didn't use the dressing room much unless it was for an outfit I'd already saved (too many items acquired over the years to make that a convenience). However, I've had a lot of problems since the update to 2.0. In fact, I haven't used it since the update because I can't. It crashes every time I try to load it now. I can't update my iOS past 1.6.1 or whatever the last update for iPod Touch 4th gen is, so if that's the reason, the app is unusable for me now.

I got it for android on my new tablet as well, but it has not updated, and I can't scroll through the cash shop at all.

I do wish Gaia would add a feature that would let us go to the specials tab in our inventory and open CIs and such in-app. Also a search function for marketplace and dress-up would make things a lot easier as well.

Maybe they are waiting to update the Android version to fix the bugs that were in the iOS version? You are the third person I've read that wasn't please with it, so I'm hoping that's the approach that they are taking and maybe they are going to attempt to fix it. There is a search function in the marketplace in the app, it's just not the best since it kinda takes a few steps back, so I'm hoping they do improve that. Inventory is good for me when I can't get it to load properly on my computer (bleh this storm) but I feel a search function or a better way of sorting through items would convince more people to give it a shot. I hate hate hate the way the CS is set up in the app >.< I looked at the once and haven't messed with it since, probably my biggest complaint.

AfTK's Wife

Rampaging Unicorn

22,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Vupie
Paikeia

Maybe they are waiting to update the Android version to fix the bugs that were in the iOS version? You are the third person I've read that wasn't please with it, so I'm hoping that's the approach that they are taking and maybe they are going to attempt to fix it. There is a search function in the marketplace in the app, it's just not the best since it kinda takes a few steps back, so I'm hoping they do improve that. Inventory is good for me when I can't get it to load properly on my computer (bleh this storm) but I feel a search function or a better way of sorting through items would convince more people to give it a shot. I hate hate hate the way the CS is set up in the app >.< I looked at the once and haven't messed with it since, probably my biggest complaint.
Oh! I meant searching for an item to sell. Sorry; I know about searching to buy. But paging through lots of inventory space is, well, tedious. I'm waiting for the next update to come out. Hopefully they address the issues, and make the app more streamlined! C:

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Paikeia
Vupie
Paikeia

Oh! I meant searching for an item to sell. Sorry; I know about searching to buy. But paging through lots of inventory space is, well, tedious. I'm waiting for the next update to come out. Hopefully they address the issues, and make the app more streamlined! C:

That makes more sense ^.^'' didn't click in my head right away, lol! I'm keeping my fingers crossed too, I like the idea of the app so I'm excited to see what's to come!

Hoarding Hoarder

I have the Android version on my tablet. I used to use it for the extra daily chance and to get gaia cash through google play, but now that that's gone and with how buggy it is I kinda just ignore it. It's easier to use Gaia on the tablets browser than the app. Hoping they fix the google play issue soon though, it sucks not to e ale to purchase cash every now and then.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I have the app for iOS and it's one of my most used apps even if I mainly use it to read the announcements when I can't use the computer whether it's because I just woke up or out of the house. I honestly would rather use the app since the Gaia website isn't mobile friendly and I have to zoom in and out to make sure I read something right or to make sure I clicked on the right link.

Well, one of the improvements that needs to be made is that first of all, the crashing. A lot of people, including myself, have been experiencing crashing upon opening the app with last week's(?) update so that really needs to be looked at. I was lucky to still have the old version of the app on my computer. I would also love to see a back button mostly so it'll be easier to browse the forums and the avatar dress up to be overhauled. The current layout makes it feel very cluttered with the endless pages and no search feature so I can find what item I'm looking for much more quickly.

Hygienic Raider

15,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
I installed it just to test it out and see what it has. I prefer having the website because it looks like it has missing features i that use the site for and bugs that keep happening.
Interface
*forums are cluttered. Sure I can view them but the readability is bad since everything's stuck together and clicking one topic may load or load the one above or below it.
* viewing replies. Once you compose a reply you can't view the OP or anyone else's posts unless you discard your message and go back. I may be beating a dead horse and reiterating what everyone else is saying or someone may have responded to someone else's question .

*Marketplace: no watching trends.
It'd be useful to know if an item I'm looking for has dropped In price or if it's a good time to sell anything I have. Also a good way to view my watch list

*Daily chance and offer videos redirect me back to chrome.
Edit: huh it's a bonus daily chance with the scratcher not the normal ones. I wonder if the normal ones show up

No navigation buttons on some pages either and my back button on my phone doesn't allow me to go back either.

* There's pushing for buying Gaia Cash but can't purchase items from the NPC stores? D: I guess it's not important.. I want to spend virtual currency :L

I gave up trying to post this reply through the app and posted it back through chrome cause I would get this:
User Image

Bugs may be device specific or app specific like
Unable to view a few menus or announcements don't load
Unable to Swype and by default open the default keyboard
No way to go back in menus and after force quitting the app it saves where I left off leading me to log out and log back in.
lagging on pages or the app randomly crashes
Trouble scrolling on notifications / forums

Perks :
It's not affected by inflation with the daily chance.
The dress up part is more responsive than my computer.
Good if you want to purchase gcash
Simplistic interface and user friendly

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
I used to use the android Gaia app for buying cash, but ever since they took that out I found myself only using it for forums

Still hate it

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Bee Movie Suit
I have the Android version on my tablet. I used to use it for the extra daily chance and to get gaia cash through google play, but now that that's gone and with how buggy it is I kinda just ignore it. It's easier to use Gaia on the tablets browser than the app. Hoping they fix the google play issue soon though, it sucks not to e ale to purchase cash every now and then.

I use paypal right now so that's not a big deal with me, but it seems like it would be useful on tablets (I use a windows tablet when I'm not at the computer so it doesn't do much for me unless I'm on the actual web page). Maybe they will look into some of this soon ^.^'

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
St V-Starr
I have the app for iOS and it's one of my most used apps even if I mainly use it to read the announcements when I can't use the computer whether it's because I just woke up or out of the house. I honestly would rather use the app since the Gaia website isn't mobile friendly and I have to zoom in and out to make sure I read something right or to make sure I clicked on the right link.

Well, one of the improvements that needs to be made is that first of all, the crashing. A lot of people, including myself, have been experiencing crashing upon opening the app with last week's(?) update so that really needs to be looked at. I was lucky to still have the old version of the app on my computer. I would also love to see a back button mostly so it'll be easier to browse the forums and the avatar dress up to be overhauled. The current layout makes it feel very cluttered with the endless pages and no search feature so I can find what item I'm looking for much more quickly.

I like the backbutton idea, I have that same issue with the android version, kind of sucks. Crashing does seem to be the biggest issue right now >.< I don't have that since I have an older version, but I have a feeling I know what it's like. I also agree with the layout, something that can be easily improved with a little effort.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff