Welcome to Gaia! ::

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

Holy crap. I remember a petition to make this in like 2004! Haha, wow that took forever. It's awesome though!

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Aww man! I had the builder still up when I got back and had exited from it on the tab to log in. If I had known that it would have locked me back out, I would have logged in on a different tab.

I really liked all of the various looks at the avatar. I always forget there is a tube on the back of the TV head heads. xD It was nice seeing the kneeling versions too. owo I hope I can get back in soon.

I had my ghosting on if anyone wants to make me an avi with the new pink TV head. ninja

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Premium Gaian

Love it, just like having TekTek back. I can search poses in the IDB heart But the inventory section is what needs to be improved on, there is no pose searching, and you can't find a damned thing unless you type in the name, not everyone remembers every item in their inventory. So I find it to be a useless part of the AB for right now. I can't even search paw items in the inventory when I use the paw base. Searching inventory is like searching yours in the Dress Up. So I just resort to using the IDB.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
i still cant see it emo emo

edit: i can see it on my mule with an empty inventory hahahah
but i really don't like it anyway emotion_facepalm it's nothing like tektek.
thanks to those who worked on it and i'm glad other people like it

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Wish the avatars were a little larger to see some more detail on items but can always switch over to customize avatar and see what things look like when putting an outfit together.

But beside that they've done a good job in bringing the Builder to the site.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Loner Yanagi
It's fun to play with but I'd like a color drop down menu so that we can find the more obscure colors easier. I also noticed that even if I search for blue items I'll still get items that are of a different color. I was trying to find some new eyes and ran into this quite a bit.

Kind of figures that all the eyes I want are expensive...

yes i want items sorted by color too 3nodding

Time-traveling Senshi

To anyone saying it's not like TekTek here's the thing. It can't be like TekTek because they don't own the code used for TekTek. They had to build the system from the ground up and it's honestly bad juju to flat out copy existing code for your own use. So yes it's not going to be just like TekTek. People are just going to have to learn to use this system and get used to how it works.

Hopeless Completionist

lilloulou
I know smile

Btw, did you report the bug in the end or do you want me to do it?
Sorry for the delay-- had to run out unexpectedly. XP
I have not reported the potential bug. Perhaps it's been brought to their attention by this point? Gaia is "slowly releasing this feature" so I haven't been able to check again. ^^;

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Torhu-chan
lilloulou
I know smile

Btw, did you report the bug in the end or do you want me to do it?
Sorry for the delay-- had to run out unexpectedly. XP
I have not reported the potential bug. Perhaps it's been brought to their attention by this point? Gaia is "slowly releasing this feature" so I haven't been able to check again. ^^;

Probably smile We can wait a few days and if it's not fixed, it can always be reported later. It seems like paws stuff is something some have trouble searching from what I read in some comments, so it might be part of the issue. I have to admit I didn't even try to enter again since that "slowly" process is being done -- but it was rather laggy for me when I tried anyway, so I was going to wait a few more days before trying it again.

Questionable Warlord

While it needs some tweaking, it's pretty awesome for a beta version!

I love that it gives us all the back, front, side, sitting,...previews in one picture! And unlike TekTek, this one is actually always up to date (I assume) since it's easier for them to take all the new items directly from their own database.

This is also pretty awesome too:
Quote:
Want to dress a friend's avatar using their inventory? Click "Ghost?" and enter in their user ID. As long as they have the "Allow ghosting" setting check, you can work with their avatar and inventory! Be sure to select "Inventory" in the "Search items" drop down (not Inventory(DB))

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Click pictures to see full size

About to ghost (enter userid and 0 to reset)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ghosting completed:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hopeless Completionist

lilloulou
Probably smile We can wait a few days and if it's not fixed, it can always be reported later. It seems like paws stuff is something some have trouble searching from what I read in some comments, so it might be part of the issue. I have to admit I didn't even try to enter again since that "slowly" process is being done -- but it was rather laggy for me when I tried anyway, so I was going to wait a few more days before trying it again.
Good plan. No point stressing over it. ^^

Oh, and thank you for tipping. :3

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
My mules can use it but I can't. But I do agree with the sentiment that there should be a means of searching by broad general colors i.e. purple encompassing all shades of purple, blues, reds, greens, golds, browns etc since it's based on the tagging system and the tags are not the most reliable form of searching for items...

I do like that they have a separate tab for gold shops. Though it might be nice to include collectible items, and monthly collectibles.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
It is actually better than I thought it would be, however it still needs to sort by color. Simply using the search to define the color doesn't work well because it nullifies the other drop menus, because I searched "blue" and it gives me every blue item I have regardless of whether I just wanted blue hair or not (though hair isn't even in the list but beards are?). This seems to be intentional for only the Inventory setting and doesn't happen with the Item DB setting, and it sucks. I should be able to search my inventory the same way I'm able to search all items.

Secondary reason why there needs to be a color sorting system is because searching for colors is extra busted. I searched for "blue" again in Item DB setting, chose "skirts" and the first skirt to pop up was pink. And the fact that there were only 3 skirts to pop up at all. So yeah.

I also feel like the item type list should be in some kind of order, likely alphabetical, because it's actually a fairly long list and it takes a bit of double checking to find the category you're looking for.

The search by store is neat, and the background color changer is nice too. I like the idea behind the avatar bases, but I'm just not sold on the execution. I don't know if it's a thing that needs to be present all the time. Ghosting is another neat feature that I wasn't really expecting, but really like. The only thing I think could improve that is to add some flexibility to who you allow to ghost your avatar. Right now it seems to be all or nothing. Being able to enable this for individuals, friends, and globally would be ideal.

There's a load time issue as well. The "waiting" symbol that pops up is actually kind of obnoxious with this. It would feel like less of an interruption in the flow of things if it were gone. The interface needs some serious attention too, but I imagine that will get the treatment when the final placement of everything is figured out.

Tactical Enchantress

20,090 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
I can't get it yet ("We are slowly letting Gaian's use this feature. Please try again later".)

But so far it looks glorious <3 can't wait to try it =D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces