Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Torhu-chan
This may be better to post in the bugs thread, but is anyone else having problems switching the gender of the human bases?

I couldn't see this button they mentioned about opposite gender. Maybe I'm just blind. XP

I didn't see it either... and it looks like we are paw friends at the moment so... I think I found why wink

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You can dress with other people's inventories? Now that sounds FUN. I remember when people did that in contests! :'D I'd love to do some if I'm extremely lazy one day.

I've been opening caches all day so I'm gonna take a break and play with the dressup... I might be able to have a dream avatar, finally. But I want too many items so probably not. xP

Mishiri's Husband

lilloulou
We need the new tagging system first to make things improve. *is totally going through her inventory and double checking it's tags when it's out*

We're aware of the tagging system, and it's on the top of our list to revamp the entire tagging system. Once this is fixed/done, it will make the builder much more effective

Time-traveling Lunatic

I was messing around with it earlier, so far so good.The Ghosting feature is very interesting indeed.
pirate

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
IDK about the "Ghosting" feature, it seems like that could potentially be abused by people with nefarious intentions.
I might have that feature blocked based simply on principle.
Otherwise, it is about damn time!
Jinglybell
W0LFEH
Jinglybell
W0LFEH
ariichu

NP~! emotion_yatta Haha that's actually where my hesitation came from, too!

I guess "Ghost"-ing is the ability to copy another user's avi? It would be nice if they could code it
so you couldn't be "ghost"-ed if you have your equipped item list turned off.
But yeah, I'm gonna reserve judgement for a bit.
Do you really have to search for items one-by-one or is my invo just not loading? cat_rofl

Awe, well we'll share this thread together! owo
Okay that's what I thought it was, but it never loaded up the other persons avi for me. But it's the first day so I'm just happy that it's finally here. <333
I think you have to search one by one, but if you're vague with your search more things will pop up.

Think the person you are trying to ghost has to have the option clicked to allow it my id is 18832684 if you want to try. Supposedly you have to put 0 to go back to your own stuff btw.

Thank you for the tips! But I think my ghosting is broken. xD I tried with your inventory and nothing loaded. Maybe you can try with mine and take a screen shot if it works? I'll be leaving my avatar builder tab open with ghosting on, in any case that leaving the tab open makes a difference.

Ill try in a bit I get this error atm , probably from too many people trying it:
Permission Error
We are slowly letting Gaian's use this feature. Please try again later.

No problem, I'm getting the same error. ^^

Hopeless Completionist

lilloulou
I didn't see it either... and it looks like we are paw friends at the moment so... I think I found why wink
Alright, so it isn't just me. *phew*
We are both Paws, so perhaps that is the case? Could this be retribution for temporarily forsaking my human shell?! DXD

Perhaps I'll switch back to my usual base and see if that brings up the option. I'd just think if you were designing a new avatar (rather than one connected to your currently saved one), that it wouldn't affect whether you can switch the gender or not. Ah well, we/they will figure it out soon. Gotta expect complications in the early days/weeks.

Overall, I'm happy it's here. *nod* The multiple perspectives is pretty nifty, though I've seen it's not for everyone...
ariichu
W0LFEH

Okay that's what I thought it was, but it never loaded up the other persons avi for me. But it's the first day so I'm just happy that it's finally here. <333
I think you have to search one by one, but if you're vague with your search more things will pop up.

Aww you're ridic sweet, Doll
I would love to help out with it~! cat_whee I will at least post some avis I'm making!
Mwaaa right, me too!
That makes sense, I think my invo search is just buggy at the mo. They really thought of just about
everything with this 1.0 version; THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL STAFF WHO WORKED ON
THIS!!

Ohh I see now, I totally didn't realize the "Ghost" option is more for the "tektek me using my invo" type of threads / contests
Omg & I am actually going to be able to use the Dressing Room again...Today just keeps getting better cat_4laugh

Since you have the second post you can add whatever you like! Avis, commentary, etc! ;w;
Seriously, thank you Gaia staff!

I'm gonna go find some graphics for the top post.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Torhu-chan
lilloulou
Alright, so it isn't just me. *phew*
We are both Paws, so perhaps that is the case? Could this be retribution for temporarily forsaking my human shell?! DXD

Perhaps I'll switch back to my usual base and see if that brings up the option. I'd just think if you were designing a new avatar (rather than one connected to your currently saved one), that it wouldn't affect whether you can switch the gender or not. Ah well, we/they will figure it out soon. Gotta expect complications in the early days/weeks.

Overall, I'm happy it's here. *nod* The multiple perspectives is pretty nifty, though I've seen it's not for everyone...

Pretty sure it's the case since Animal is sorta considered as a gender from what I could understand. I remember seeing one written "Animal" for their gender on their profile smile

Cottontail

W0LFEH
ariichu
W0LFEH

Aww you're ridic sweet, Doll
I would love to help out with it~! cat_whee I will at least post some avis I'm making!
Mwaaa right, me too!
That makes sense, I think my invo search is just buggy at the mo. They really thought of just about
everything with this 1.0 version; THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL STAFF WHO WORKED ON
THIS!!

Ohh I see now, I totally didn't realize the "Ghost" option is more for the "tektek me using my invo" type of threads / contests
Omg & I am actually going to be able to use the Dressing Room again...Today just keeps getting better cat_4laugh

Since you have the second post you can add whatever you like! Avis, commentary, etc! ;w;
Seriously, thank you Gaia staff!

I'm gonna go find some graphics for the top post.

Ohmyderp, you're right, I didn't even think about that cat_xd
I'mma work on editing it meow so it's a bit more helpful~!! emotion_bigheart

Playful Lunatic

18,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
dang dang permission error sweatdrop

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Kelso The Great
IDK about the "Ghosting" feature, it seems like that could potentially be abused by people with nefarious intentions.

I suggested adding a password to them. I'd love to share with say... my sis, but I don't necessary want to have it available for everyone.

Hopeless Completionist

lilloulou
Pretty sure it's the case since Animal is sorta considered as a gender from what I could understand. I remember seeing one written "Animal" for their gender on their profile smile
That's true. *nod*
I kinda like that [Animal] bases are genderless. I didn't mind dressing my Paws avi without many clothes during the easter event (just a neckerchief really) because I didn't associate it/her as needing to cover up. Animals don't really need clothes irl. d: Today's dress is just because. ^^

Timid Genius

Kelso The Great
To be fair, at least allowing ghosting is disabled by default.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Torhu-chan
lilloulou
That's true. *nod*
I kinda like that [Animal] bases are genderless. I didn't mind dressing my Paws avi without many clothes during the easter event (just a neckerchief really) because I didn't associate it/her as needing to cover up. Animals don't really need clothes irl. d: Today's dress is just because. ^^

I know smile

Btw, did you report the bug in the end or do you want me to do it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff