And it works better than I thought it would! surprised
I'm actually factually surprised.
- - -

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I really like it so far! Not sure how much I'll use it, but it's such a great start, hopefully they'll make good use of everyone's feedback and fix it to where it needs to be!

V a r u s k u n's Princess

Sexy Kitten

Lulu Used Speak!

♥I'm really excited about how great a start this is for gaia making their own tektek. Now what we really need now is for them to put in the non-base hair, hair option because i'm a little peeved that eyes got in but not the hair. I don't like having to search off the top of my head for a hair i want in my dream avi.

What we need next from gaia is how tektek had items separated by colors, so if you wanted a fully blue avatar you could have only blue items shown to you. Other than that, it's nice to be actually able to fuss around with avatar items without having to mass search in dress up. ♥

It was very effective!

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I'm glad it's here. I'll be using it. 3nodding

Modern Mecha

Yeah, it's cool I guess.

I don't think I'm too fond of the current layout, but it'll grow on me.

Precious Shoujo

gaia_angelleft USAGI: gaia_angelright

It keeps getting disabled. *^*
Can't make an avatar long enough...
Hope Gaia fixes that...~
I do enjoy the ability to see our avatar as the opposite gender.
It allowed me to find out that my avi looks pretty good as a male base~ *v*
Jinglybell
W0LFEH
ariichu
W0LFEH
ariichu
I was *just* about to post a thread about this, glad I checked first ahaha
I'm sure it's gonna be super buggy the first day, but I have high hopes for it and am already v impressed emotion_bigheart

The "Ghost," feature is the one I'm most concerned about. But we'll see how this plays out~

Here's some helpful links from the staff alert if you wanna add to OP, btw:

REPORT BUGS HERE: [url="http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-dressing-room/avatar-builder-bug-reporting-thread/t.96921485/"]X[/url]
FEEDBACK HERE: [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-dressing-room/avatar-builder-feedback-thread/t.96921477/]X[/url]
F.A.Q. HERE: [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-dressing-room/avatar-builder-f-a-q/t.96921473/]X[/url]

omgosh thank you!
I don't normally make threads like this but I didn't know if anyone was going to make one. ;w;

Yea I actually don't understand the ghosting? But then again it might not be working for me.

NP~! emotion_yatta Haha that's actually where my hesitation came from, too!

I guess "Ghost"-ing is the ability to copy another user's avi? It would be nice if they could code it
so you couldn't be "ghost"-ed if you have your equipped item list turned off.
But yeah, I'm gonna reserve judgement for a bit.
Do you really have to search for items one-by-one or is my invo just not loading? cat_rofl

Awe, well we'll share this thread together! owo
Okay that's what I thought it was, but it never loaded up the other persons avi for me. But it's the first day so I'm just happy that it's finally here. <333
I think you have to search one by one, but if you're vague with your search more things will pop up.

Think the person you are trying to ghost has to have the option clicked to allow it my id is 18832684 if you want to try. Supposedly you have to put 0 to go back to your own stuff btw.

Thank you for the tips! But I think my ghosting is broken. xD I tried with your inventory and nothing loaded. Maybe you can try with mine and take a screen shot if it works? I'll be leaving my avatar builder tab open with ghosting on, in any case that leaving the tab open makes a difference.

Time-traveling Senshi

The one thing they need to allow is for a blank inventory search in order to bring up our entire equip tab inventory. Either that or make it so when you do have things set to an inventory search it brings up your own inventory automatically.

And it looks like they took it down again. They need to make up their minds as to whether or not this feature is ready to be used or not. xp

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I am waiting to try it...I'm letting others who are going to through the tektek-withdrawal have a chance first.

Wild Bookworm

Nope.
What I want, what I really really want, is to be able to select All Stores - Coat - Brown and be presented with every brown coat that exists on Gaia. Not, as I have found, be presented with a variety of coats of many colours, and some items that aren't even coats at all. Brown dungarees are not coats.
Also, what is "garment"? That could be any clothing item confused
So far my experience of this avatar builder is that it is dysfunctional and frustrating. By Gaia using it's own very poor tagging system, I seem to left with the very same problems I have always had. Also - lag. How does Gaia manage to make everything lag so much gonk

Ok, maybe I've missed something or I'm doing it wrong. I'd be happy to be enlightened, but I'm not optimistic. I do like the variety of views, that's nice, and the view MP value.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
We need the new tagging system first to make things improve. *is totally going through her inventory and double checking it's tags when it's out*

Greedy Drake

W0LFEH
Jinglybell
W0LFEH
ariichu
W0LFEH
ariichu
I was *just* about to post a thread about this, glad I checked first ahaha
I'm sure it's gonna be super buggy the first day, but I have high hopes for it and am already v impressed emotion_bigheart

The "Ghost," feature is the one I'm most concerned about. But we'll see how this plays out~

Here's some helpful links from the staff alert if you wanna add to OP, btw:

REPORT BUGS HERE: [url="http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-dressing-room/avatar-builder-bug-reporting-thread/t.96921485/"]X[/url]
FEEDBACK HERE: [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-dressing-room/avatar-builder-feedback-thread/t.96921477/]X[/url]
F.A.Q. HERE: [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-dressing-room/avatar-builder-f-a-q/t.96921473/]X[/url]

omgosh thank you!
I don't normally make threads like this but I didn't know if anyone was going to make one. ;w;

Yea I actually don't understand the ghosting? But then again it might not be working for me.

NP~! emotion_yatta Haha that's actually where my hesitation came from, too!

I guess "Ghost"-ing is the ability to copy another user's avi? It would be nice if they could code it
so you couldn't be "ghost"-ed if you have your equipped item list turned off.
But yeah, I'm gonna reserve judgement for a bit.
Do you really have to search for items one-by-one or is my invo just not loading? cat_rofl

Okay that's what I thought it was, but it never loaded up the other persons avi for me. But it's the first day so I'm just happy that it's finally here. <333
I think you have to search one by one, but if you're vague with your search more things will pop up.

Think the person you are trying to ghost has to have the option clicked to allow it my id is 18832684 if you want to try. Supposedly you have to put 0 to go back to your own stuff btw.

Thank you for the tips! But I think my ghosting is broken. xD I tried with your inventory and nothing loaded. Maybe you can try with mine and take a screen shot if it works? I'll be leaving my avatar builder tab open with ghosting on, in any case that leaving the tab open makes a difference.

Ill try in a bit I get this error atm , probably from too many people trying it:
Permission Error
We are slowly letting Gaian's use this feature. Please try again later.

Cottontail

W0LFEH

Aww you're ridic sweet, Doll
I would love to help out with it~! cat_whee I will at least post some avis I'm making!
Mwaaa right, me too!
That makes sense, I think my invo search is just buggy at the mo. They really thought of just about
everything with this 1.0 version; THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL STAFF WHO WORKED ON
THIS!!

Ohh I see now, I totally didn't realize the "Ghost" option is more for the "tektek me using my invo" type of threads / contests
Omg & I am actually going to be able to use the Dressing Room again...Today just keeps getting better cat_4laugh

Hopeless Completionist

This may be better to post in the bugs thread, but is anyone else having problems switching the gender of the human bases?

I couldn't see this button they mentioned about opposite gender. Maybe I'm just blind. XP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff