Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40 41 42 >

Buggy Mage

Hi-Potion
Fire 0ak
Hi-Potion
Fire 0ak
HeIIraiser
Fire 0ak

If im entitled to anything it would be to item satisfaction. I want Gaia to treat all it's users fairly. They could have remedied the situation by factoring in everyone. That is something that shouldn't be taken lightly either. I would have bought agape by now If there were full outfits a male avatar could use.

The rig's items go along with the storyline.
Sainte Ciel was a girlxgirl storyline.

However, I got my and my boyfriend's Agape's cheap when they were still in the cash shop.
Usually when a popular item that was in the cash shop gets removed the price goes up, this is normal.

Should Gaia be forced to create alternative rig items too because you and other's can't afford them?
No, they shouldn't.

The world, even on the internet is unfair, get used to that.
Gaia nor any other site or corporation shouldn't have to pander to the wants of lazy and cheap people.

Not every pose in the Eros and Agape were strictly female either, so don't even pull that s**t.
There just weren't poses YOU would use, doesn't mean other males wouldn't use the same poses.

The Sainte Ciels did not give Male avatars hair, boots, arms, eyes, or even a top.(maybe the corset could be used in a nuetral fashion but it has a distinctly feminine cut.)
Yeah, Hell uvu;
Nearly all the items are feminine, because it was a girlxgirl series, with only Mephiste as the singular male character but he is an unseen entity in ever EI he's appeared in.

That would have been awesome if they made it with mephisto. The only reason I bring up the imbalance is because I think a lot of people, myself included, wouldn't have a problem buying agape for a high price if it was done like that from the beginning. I bring up the lack of gender nuetrality as an explanation for why those that do or did have sufficient funds still not being willing to purchase it.
Except a lot of people buy items for 1 pose, expensive items at that, so this is no different uvu Well, its different in that its more versatile than most of the items people buy for one pose, so there isnt really any "justifying" to be done, its such a useable item that the rest of the poses dont matter. The more you try and justify it, the more time passes, the more time passes, the more expensive the item becomes.
I expect more from REIs that I purchase. SDdolls satisfy more completely because I like the complete item three out of three. While some users may be ok liking thirty percent of the poses I rarely make those kind of exceptions. It is what it is though. Not much we can do about it now I suppose. xd

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Fire 0ak

That would have been awesome if they made it with mephisto. The only reason I bring up the imbalance is because I think a lot of people, myself included, wouldn't have a problem buying agape for a high price if it was done like that from the beginning. I bring up the lack of gender nuetrality as an explanation for why those that do or did have sufficient funds still not being willing to purchase it.

Maybe they will bring Mephiest back for another REI.

But neutrality is not Gaia's strong suit. When Sainte Ciel came out, I avoided it because some of the poses look awful on my base. However, that's the way the item was made and Gaia is in no way required to add in poses or versions of existing poses that fit better on the base I choose to use. I liked some aspects of Agape and picked up a single copy to use for the legs and the hair cutting pose. Now some months later, I have every single Ciel item released (10 in all, including multiple copies of Rosamund's Revenge/Redemption) because I found uses for all the items as I worked with them, even though there are still those base-modifying poses that do not work on my avatar.

So, the argument that Gaia "should have" added in male poses is as invalid as popping out the scissors pose as its own item, because both aspects of Sainte Ciel: Agape are part of the overall storyline, and are NOT meant to be neutral items.

Buggy Mage

MistressMinako
Fire 0ak

Maybe they will bring Mephiest back for another REI.

But neutrality is not Gaia's strong suit. When Sainte Ciel came out, I avoided it because some of the poses look awful on my base. However, that's the way the item was made and Gaia is in no way required to add in poses or versions of existing poses that fit better on the base I choose to use. I liked some aspects of Agape and picked up a single copy to use for the legs and the hair cutting pose. Now some months later, I have every single Ciel item released (10 in all, including multiple copies of Rosamund's Revenge/Redemption) because I found uses for all the items as I worked with them, even though there are still those base-modifying poses that do not work on my avatar.

So, the argument that Gaia "should have" added in male poses is as invalid as popping out the scissors pose as its own item, because both aspects of Sainte Ciel: Agape are part of the overall storyline, and are NOT meant to be neutral items.

It's mostly wishful thinking on my part although I do still feel a little left out as a consequence. sweatdrop
I thought it was an interesting storyline though maybe they'll do something similar for another item in the future.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Fire 0ak

It's mostly wishful thinking on my part although I do still feel a little left out as a consequence. sweatdrop

I understand your position. Also please don't think I'm specifically singling you out because I respond to a lot of your posts in this thread sweatdrop I do think you bring up good points and I try to address them. Also, you seem like a reasonable person, which is more than I can say for OP and a lot of other people roaming in here.

Buggy Mage

MistressMinako
Fire 0ak

I understand your position. Also please don't think I'm specifically singling you out because I respond to a lot of your posts in this thread sweatdrop I do think you bring up good points and I try to address them. Also, you seem like a reasonable person, which is more than I can say for OP and a lot of other people roaming in here.

Oh I understand. I really appreciate feeback and I don't feel singled out at all so no worries. ^ ,^
I usually gravitate toward divisive discussion I can't help it. xd

Aged Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Drunken Jester
PunkRocketteRhi
HeIIraiser

So basically you are saying it's too expensive so I don't want it unless I get it cheap?
Are you seriously making that argument?

No, I'm saying that what I want is the feature, not the item. It's a boring item aside from the scissors, it really is. And if all I want is to purchase the feature, yes, it is too expensive. And no, I don't want it unless it is more reasonably priced.

Personally, I would have preferred the feature to be available from the salon for a fee. That is what I would have preferred. I know it won't happen (they wouldn't want to piss off self righteous assholes like you for one thing). I also understand the basic principles of supply and demand, and the fact that the item is as expensive as it is because so many people want the feature. But as long as we're talking economics, for me, the cost VS worth just doesn't add up. You're right, I COULD save up for it. But I won't, because my time is worth more to me than that, and so is my gaia gold.

It isn't that I'm lazy, it's that I have priorities (and a life). There are much better and more interesting items out there to invest my gold in than a pair of scissors. But if that's how you and others want to spend their time and their gold, more power to you. I'm not saying that you can't, or even that no one should have to now that this item has been released the way it has been, only that I won't and that I don't believe this feature should have been released as a part of this item in the first place.

But it's real cute how you think "Gaians these days" are so lazy. Oh please do tell me more about the golden years. Oh, please do.

You talk about what you would've preferred and your limited resources and Gaian priorities....

But simply put, you want the feature. But you're not willing to shell out for it as is.
You want it cheaper or more convenient to you personally.

Hate to break it to you, but that's still lazy. You can put a practical spin on it, but that's what it is.
Not saying that Gaians were less lazy in the 'good ol' days', but that doesn't exempt you from it.

You may think Agape's only worth is in the scissors, and I'm sure lots of people agree with that sentiment. And if that's the case then the fact of the matter is that even if they had released just the scissors in the cash shop for a limited time, chances are THAT item would be at the same price.
Poor little you would still be stuck in the same situation.

The scissors pose is an extremely versatile function that works with all of the hairstyles in the salon and all of the wigs on the site. If you don't want to put any effort or time into obtaining it then that's not Gaia's responsibility to "fix it".
There are plenty of them on the MP right now. And chances are Agape will be available in the Cash Shop sometime again this year. That means, even if you don't like it, it's already widely available.

HeIIraiser
You're saying you WON'T pay for a feature you WANT?
How do you have a right to complain then?

The feature is part of the item.
You don't want the feature bad enough.

You said it yourself, you could have it, but you're not willing to spend your gold on it
Why would an item that cuts any hair, not just gold shop hairs be suitable for the salon?

Are you paying Vanessa for Pale marionette hair?
No, you're not so that idea is completely asinine.

You're right, it isn't that you're lazy, it's that you're unwilling to pay the piper.
You would buy the agape if it was to your own price, because I guess that's how self righteous YOU are. emotion_awesome

I'm not being self righteous, I'm being realistic.
Why wouldn't an item that can cut almost every hair, be worth the price tag?

I would have liked the feature. At this point of time, and in the manner it is available, I don’t. It’s simple as that. We could argue about my work ethic all night, but that’s really what it comes down to. It’s like when you see an amazing pair of shoes at the mall and then look at the price tag. Suddenly you don’t even want them anymore. They have lost their appeal.

Like I said, I understand the high price point. You saying, “and if that's the case then the fact of the matter is that even if they had released just the scissors in the cash shop for a limited time, chances are THAT item would be at the same price,” is pointless because I’ve already agreed with that when I say, “the item is as expensive as it is because so many people want the feature.” I’m not arguing that the item should be rereleased or the feature should be repackaged.

What’s done is done and I think you’ve completely failed to comprehend what I was trying to say. I’m not asking for some kind of change or “fix” to the current situation. I’m merely making my points on why I don’t care for the particular situation and how I felt it could have been avoided. And sure, my idea does have its flaws. But you have to admit, even if you BUY a wig you can still have it STYLED by a professional. The concept isn’t THAT nonsensical.

Tipsy Lunatic

PunkRocketteRhi

I would have liked the feature. At this point of time, and in the manner it is available, I don’t. It’s simple as that. We could argue about my work ethic all night, but that’s really what it comes down to. It’s like when you see an amazing pair of shoes at the mall and then look at the price tag. Suddenly you don’t even want them anymore. They have lost their appeal.

Like I said, I understand the high price point. You saying, “and if that's the case then the fact of the matter is that even if they had released just the scissors in the cash shop for a limited time, chances are THAT item would be at the same price,” is pointless because I’ve already agreed with that when I say, “the item is as expensive as it is because so many people want the feature.” I’m not arguing that the item should be rereleased or the feature should be repackaged.

What’s done is done and I think you’ve completely failed to comprehend what I was trying to say. I’m not asking for some kind of change or “fix” to the current situation. I’m merely making my points on why I don’t care for the particular situation and how I felt it could have been avoided. And sure, my idea does have its flaws. But you have to admit, even if you BUY a wig you can still have it STYLED by a professional. The concept isn’t THAT nonsensical.

I suppose you've got a point I can understand, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.
I think your concept is a little flawed, simply because money doesn't work the same way on Gaia as it does IRL, but that's a different debate all together.
The fee thing was actually something I suggested earlier in the thread too, when I was wavering from side to side on the issue. I think it would be a somewhat fair solution. I just honestly don't think it would fix anything. People would complain that it wasn't an item you could take on and off and how they disliked having to pay for it over and over again and how it's still not fair that Agape has the feature.

Aged Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Drunken Jester
I suppose you've got a point I can understand, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.
I think your concept is a little flawed, simply because money doesn't work the same way on Gaia as it does IRL, but that's a different debate all together.
The fee thing was actually something I suggested earlier in the thread too, when I was wavering from side to side on the issue. I think it would be a somewhat fair solution. I just honestly don't think it would fix anything. People would complain that it wasn't an item you could take on and off and how they disliked having to pay for it over and over again and how it's still not fair that Agape has the feature.

And I also understand why this topic has so many people so eager to defend Agape :]

A fee based system WOULD have had a lot of its own griping, I definitely agree. In the end, that's why I'm glad I'm just a consumer, not a developer or anything like that. I would never want to deal with all of the haters, haha!

Tipsy Lunatic

PunkRocketteRhi
I'm glad I'm just a consumer, not a developer or anything like that. I would never want to deal with all of the haters, haha!

Now THERE'S a point we can agree on. xD

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
HeIIraiser
Slider546
it just comes down my personal preference.

Nice try on editing, but you totally just said your own preference which brings me back to the point.

Your preference, not the users.
You, you just said MY.

Meaning ******** the others, it's all about me.
emotion_dealwithit

You forgot to add "to" when you added the "my" to my post.

Funny how that works? smile

So. You essentially just lost any credibility that any of your arguments had.

Better luck next time though. wink

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
The Drunken Jester
PunkRocketteRhi
I'm glad I'm just a consumer, not a developer or anything like that. I would never want to deal with all of the haters, haha!

Now THERE'S a point we can agree on. xD

I second that.

Tipsy Lunatic

Koohii Monsutaa
~ yum_tea ~
Coffee Cat says:

Entitlement.
Yes.
We are entitled to be able to use this without paying 2 ******** million.
User Image

But you are NOT entitled to get it for free.
Which is what a lot of people seem to think.

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
Hmm... that'd be kind've cool. I don't really have an interest in the item that pose comes from(even if I could afford it), but an item that recreates that'd be fun.

Ultimately, I don't really care if they never decide to do such a thing. It's a silly thing to get into a heated argument over.

Wasn't there another EI that did the same thing?

edit: ooh! ooh! I admit I'm lazy! Why should I "work" hard for something I only sort of want? I suppose I could sell some high end items for something invisible, but I seem to remember a story about an emperor who decided invisible things were more valuable than visible things.

As for that pose affecting the price of the item, then I'd totally be for making it a single item. Drive silly prices down. Make that item more available to people who care more about what you can see with Sante Ciel: Agape. dramallama

Magical Cat

The Drunken Jester

But you are NOT entitled to get it for free.
Which is what a lot of people seem to think.

Certainly not. But less than 2 million would be nice.

Magical Bunny

ehh, I quested like mad, and got the item so yup...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff