Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.46898638426626 46.9% [ 310 ]
No 0.47201210287443 47.2% [ 312 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.059001512859304 5.9% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 661 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 40 41 42 >

Jolly Kitten

I found this pose to be a bit unfair.
I mean, who knew that a simple layer cutting option would end up changing a pose completely like the mermaid wig in Modus Operandi? They probably didn't think of doing stuff like that when Agape first released but now that everyone knows the potential of the scissors I think it would be fair if they released something similar for everyone else.

Hilarious Sex Symbol

you do realize that the jux urban jacket set does the same thing yes?

Amateur Saint

15,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
I think it's a bit unfair too, that only agape that have the cutting pose.
If there is a recolor of agape, or anything, that have "cut" pose, I think that's better.
When gaia make that cutting pose, and now, there is more and more hair pose item in new CI,
Gaia should make more items with cutting pose, it'll balance with all those new hair.
2 mil.... hm... a bit too much just for that cutting pose.

Partying Fatcat

Milk Kittea
Blaze the Fire Dragon
As mush as I'd love that, Gaia's never going to do it.
User Image
I don't feel like we'll get a cheaper version either.
Gaia creepishly loves its rare and super wanted items. rolleyes For no rational reason really.

They like to say that the items are "more appealing" if they're rare. Remember the whole story with the backwings and how they pretty much came out and said that they intended for them to be almost impossible to get and that only a "select few" were meant to get them, or something like that?

Sweetheart

Gaia has already released the item an additional time and that version was down to 300k when it was out. Just looking at how high it's gotten now is silly. Many users who couldn't afford the item before purchased it at that time driving the price back up.

About Gaia being greedy - they're a company. They have to stay in business somehow. Yeah I'm not a big fan of it but it is understandable.

A recolor with the scissors will never happen because if it's the same pose, agape owners are going to get pissy and if they have to recolor it all, they're going to have to make recolors of every hair in the system. If they have it cut just a portion, they still have to go in and change every layer. That amount of paid work is not going to happen for one item that there have already been 3 versions of.

Sweetheart

fuiuchi
Milk Kittea
Blaze the Fire Dragon
User Image
Gaia creepishly loves its rare and super wanted items. rolleyes For no rational reason really.

They like to say that the items are "more appealing" if they're rare. Remember the whole story with the backwings and how they pretty much came out and said that they intended for them to be almost impossible to get and that only a "select few" were meant to get them, or something like that?
Actually, that was never said. It was said they would be a challenge and due to people complaining about how much work was necessary, they have made it so components cost much less and more and more formulas are found. You'd be surprised at the number of backwings out there although most users only build up to the medium pose.

Partying Fatcat

Gen and Evan
fuiuchi
Milk Kittea
Blaze the Fire Dragon
User Image

Actually, that was never said. It was said they would be a challenge and due to people complaining about how much work was necessary, they have made it so components cost much less and more and more formulas are found. You'd be surprised at the number of backwings out there although most users only build up to the medium pose.

No, it was said, by a staff member. It was even quoted on the original thread. I believe the wording was "meant only for hardcore gaians" or something along those lines. I'd look it up but I'm posting from my iPhone.

Edit: I know that they made it easier now, I was just using that as an example of their mentality when it comes to rarity.

Timid Perfectionist

They already re-released the agape. If you didn't pick one up the first go why were you not picking one up the 2nd time when they were 400k on average? I'm really not sure why anyone here (besides for feelings of entitlement -- that's apparently 41) feels they should essentially be handed something everyone else had the foresight and funds to acquire. There have been many items highly wanted by gaia's population throughout the years. I'm not certain as to why everyone thinks this one needs to redefine gaia's economy to be more "fair" simply beause it manipulates an item layer.

I'm sure it will get yet another re-release anyway; that seems to be gaia's policy on popular inflated items they haven't made prior promises about (read: donation items/monthly collectibles). So in the meantime save up.

Sweetheart

fuiuchi
Gen and Evan
fuiuchi
Milk Kittea
Blaze the Fire Dragon
User Image

No, it was said, by a staff member. It was even quoted on the original thread. I believe the wording was "meant only for hardcore gaians" or something along those lines. I'd look it up but I'm posting from my iPhone.

Edit: I know that they made it easier now, I was just using that as an example of their mentality when it comes to rarity.
You mean the staff member not actually linked to the project completely. Yes, there were battles with the artists about getting it all worked out BUT hardcore Gaians doesn't always mean the most wealthy.

Partying Fatcat

Gen and Evan
fuiuchi
Gen and Evan
fuiuchi
Milk Kittea
Blaze the Fire Dragon
User Image

You mean the staff member not actually linked to the project completely. Yes, there were battles with the artists about getting it all worked out BUT hardcore Gaians doesn't always mean the most wealthy.

I never said anything about wealth, I was talking about rarity. I used that as an example of Gaia's mentality about rare items, since it illustrates it perfectly. As a matter of fact, the whole idea that the artists want their items to be super rare illustrates it too.

This is not a criticism of the artists, just a convenient way to illustrate why there are so many rare items and why it's unlikely that Gaia will change its ways when it comes to that.

Sweetheart

fuiuchi
There was technically an infinite supply for three different periods of time (for the scissors) and the backwings can be obtained at any time and their price is going down by quite a lot (which I do like as I don't like having to spend 60mil for each pair I buy).
If I had worked on that item, yes I would want it to go up in price. Developers and artists had to get every hair item okay to be manipulated by one single item. That doesn't just happen instantly and even the shop alternative people are proposing is going to take quite a long time to develop and get working properly.

My main irritations are two things:
1). What about the users who did work their butts of to get their wealth for these types of items? I should be punished because of my hard work in my free time? How dare I make an effort for pixels when if enough people complain, the site will just give them to us rolleyes (saw that argument earlier)
2). Again, the price has not always been 2mil. For a long while they were 300-500k and only recently moved into the 1-2mil range. Also, if you pay attention to the economy of the site, Gaia is working on a lot of gold sinks to stabilize the value of gold which is affecting all users and making sellers both in the MP and exchange, less than pleased about a loss of profit. But, how dare they gain off of their own work? Everyone should have equal everything but even then people will still complain.
So something that was released a while ago (and re-released already) that's now expensive has a popular pose and because people want it but can't afford it the current owners should be penalized?
What happens to the people that worked to get the 2m or so to purchase agape?
Why do they get shafted because you want an item? Hasn't always been if you want something to work for it?
What's different from Agape having a popular pose/function to an other item having another popular pose? There are some items that cost 10m+ because they have 1 pose like eyes or hair that's appealing. If you can't justify purchasing the item then don't purchase it.

Instead of complaining about a single item complain about the value of gold itself. There aren't very many reasonable ways for casual users to earn gold on gaia, that's a valid complaint. If there were you wouldn't have an issue with generating 2mil gold because you'd have easier access to earning it.

Are prices on somethings completely outrageous? They can be, but if someone wants it they work towards it and get it. Your concerns should be directed at more reasonable ways to generate & remove gold from the system.

Cluttered Kitten

14,000 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
fuiuchi
Milk Kittea
Blaze the Fire Dragon
User Image

User Image
Oh yes, I remember! The interest in rarity of items reminds me a lot of the Japanese culture, which I do find a little interesting...
A lot of my hobbies include expensive dolls & toys from Japan. I've learned a lot about the collectible culture from there.

I've discussed the collectible industry with both fellow collectors & toy producers themselves:
Japan is notorious for creating many rare or one-of-a-kind items that make collectors flock to certain brands/releases.
Then those rare items are never made again, very purposely, to increase value & the "must-have" feeling from collectors.
It's a very interesting way of producing items. It gives a new twist to supply & demand for sure.

Shirtless Feeder

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
I, for one, would adore a separate item just for trimming the hair. I'd still get the regular Agape too, because I like the item but it would be far easier if there were a separate item. That way, you could still use both~!

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
PunkRocketteRhi
But you have to admit, even if you BUY a wig you can still have it STYLED by a professional. The concept isn’t THAT nonsensical.

Yes, it is.
If you were to buy a wig and have Vanessa cut it, then that defeats the feature of the agape scissors.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff