Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Mae Starr
Outfit: Here

User Image
The slow rock and smell of the ocean of the Aspers was a comforting familiarization. It was eerily quiet compared to what she was use to. Her fiery blue orbs stared off in to Locke port, her curly red hair was gently being tossed in the breeze as she played with the chain necklace that laid around her neck. A gentle sigh escaped her red lips as she let it sink in, she was home again, but something didn't sit well with Mae but she wasn't sure what. Mae would then lean back in the hammock that rested on the top deck of the ex pirate ship, her legs crossing one over the other as she broke her gaze from Locke port. She had become more of an observer, waiting for signs of life to come by rather then seeking it out.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Now that Leon was gone he had some things himself to think upon. He was worried for his mother. Leon had made it back before she did...but...he spoke to her and she gave him a message. His phone was ditched over board. This had meant that something was going down and it was serious. His mother was in protection mode. This now meant on his end, he ought to be too. He wouldn't even think about leaving that ship. A few days had passed since that night and things had been quiet. He hadn't seen Ailsa back nor heard word from Raziel and Cassandra. No phone calls from Leon or Onyx either. This was starting to worry him sick.

Heiden moved from his room after a shower and dress to the deck. He needed some air. That was when he saw Mae. He immediately thought about how funny it was that Raziel use to date her, how he had a crush on her. That crush was what got him to hate Cassandra so much back then. Things were of course all different now. She was Onyx's God child and her own mother was no more. Heiden frowned to that memory.

"I can relate to her. She lost her mother and I...I lost my father. I wonder if her father is still alive? It must be hard for her to be here...I wonder.."

"Hello Mae. It's been a while. Good to see you again." he said stuffing his hands into the pockets of his pants.
Mae Starr

User Image
Mae's eyes shifted over to the man that stood before her, her head following shortly after "Heiden" she said with a small smile before standing on her own two feet. "It has been a while, you've grown since." The smile then faded from her lips, was she gone that long? Her hand reached up and cupped his cheek, the feel of another persons flesh was a sensation long forgotten. Her slender hand fell from his face as she retracted it and tucked her red hair behind her ears. "How have things been around here?" she asked as her eyes darted away to look back out to Locke Port. "Hows your mother?"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Those cool silver eye's of his flicked between her's as she cupped his face. His hands shot out for her pulling her into a loving embrace. She had missed her. The last he spoke to her...he had been hurt by her. Pissed. He was a man in a child's body with all sorts of limitations. A soul older than his heart. A mind older than his body. He slowly pulled away from her and smiled.

"Yea, well remember the school I went to was in the elven realm. It technically hasn't been THAT long. Only a few years. Mum?...Mum's...in trouble. From what I have learned she has run into some big trouble while out on her travels. I haven't heard from her in a bit and frankly it's starting to worry me ill." he told her honestly.

"How are things with you?"
Mae Starr

User Image
Her eyes grew wide when he pulled her in to a hug, her body froze stiff for a moment before lifting her arms and returning the embrace. "Only a few years?" she sounded surprised, it had felt like so much longer, of course Mae's sense of time was a little off. She then realized she was coming off as stiff, and perhaps a little odd. It would take a little bit to get use to the mortal world once again.

Mae's face then grew a bit more concerned "How long has she been gone?" she asked as she arched an eyebrow. For as long as Mae knew Onyx, it wasn't anything new for her to be off on her adventures. It was never a dull moment with that woman, however, it didn't mean she wasn't worried. She had known Onyx her entire life and looked at her as family.

Once the hug ended, Mae would look back up at Heiden with her fiery orbs, something about them seemed to glow off her pale face. An edge seemed to surround her, she didn't come across as soft as she use to. "Things have been okay. I have been around taking care of some things." she said with a small smile on her red lips. "How about you? I am sure there is much I need to hear" she said and grabbed his hand and patted it, her hands a little cool to the touch.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Location: Lockeport/Asper ~ West Entrance stables/Deck ~ Ensemble: BITE

One horse had left and now two were returning. Two horses would casual clip clop their way to the stables that sat out of the west doors to the large town. The keeper would recognize Shadowfax easily and take them to rest and feed them, clean them. On foot the two would enter the town arriving in main. There wouldn't be too much time for her to explore really and frankly since they were leaving oni didn't want Rini to get attached. She would lead her down into Lower Locke also known as Port. Port was a different scene. It was ... shadier but since it was day time it was still very busy. The people down here were lower to middle class. Things down here were cheaper, sometimes of lower quality or even stolen. Down here people were always bargaining, auctioning, and such. Moving through the crowds Rini would smell that salty air down on the pier, she'd hear the noise of chatter and foot traffic. She would see the various types of ship that lined the docks and then...she would see a large one that stood out from all the rest. It was distinct and looks just like a pirate ship from the outside.

Oni would lead her to it.
"Welcome to the Asper. My home and yours too if you will it." she told her as they walked up the board walk and onto deck.

Rini would be able to see right off the cuff that things were not so piratey on board. Things had been changed dramatically, gutted or augmented. There was a large hammock down the ways, two area's known as 'the pits' where people could sit outside and enjoy fire. There was a large pool way down at the end up two decks that had two hot tubs and that wouldn't be all. However, the rest would have to wait.

On deck also stood her son Heiden and her God child Mae. She smiled and waved at them and then motioned Rini to follow.
"I am back for a bit. I didn't get to speak with Aecon just yet but we will be heading there after here. Hello son" she said scooping him up into a tight hug. She would also hug Mae.
"Good to see you. Beautiful as ever." she said to Mae.
"May I introduce you both to a new friend of mine? Her name is Rini" she said to both of them.
Looking to Rini she then said "Rini...meet Heiden my son and Mae my God child."

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

Rini- Wearing:Borrowed Clothes

User Image
As the two women rode the horses throught the gate. Rini would gaze around, things weren't that different from Gaia, so far. Biggest thing she saw was more humans then normal. This did not bother her. While the town was nice in itself, she was more focused on looking for the ship. They reached in and she was in awe. The outside of it was like nothing she had seen before. Infact, this was the first ship she would ever find herself on.

"What do you mean? My home as well if I will it?, Am I being married off?"

She spoke only in jest, knowing Oynx would do not a thing to her. Well, atleast without asking Leo somewhere down the line. Blue-grey hues scan each and every place. Then they reach Heiden and Mae. She smiled at the two then gave a light curtsy to them.

"Very pleased to meet you both, Your mother has become a very close friend of mine, She helped me out, so I decided to accompany her in return for awhile, I am Rini of the Malevolence of Innocence on Gaia, Daughter of the owner Leo"

She would smile at them, the raven haired young woman looked to be in her late teens or early twentys.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Mae was being vague again which raised suspicion in him. He was about to speak regarding how long his mother had been gone when her voice rang out behind him. Turning to face her, hearing her, he smiled. He hadn't really even heard what she said. He was just happy to hear her.
                              "mum..." he said like a parent, exasperated from worry.

She then introduced to both Mae and himself her friend Rini. Though the hair was a like, long and raven black, it was really the only thing that was the same. Rini was pale white while Onyx was the color of over creamed coffee. The shape and color of their eye's were different as well. She was short which made her look young aaaaaaaand she curtsey'd which made her polite too. Very different from onyx. (xD)

Heiden smiled at her noting that she introduced herself so formerly. Malevolence of Innocence...Daughter of Leo...was she some sort of royalty? She said owner, so maybe not. Whatever or where ever she was from, it didn't matter. He thought she was quite pretty. Her demeanor was very feminine and he liked that. His tastes were like that of the good Doctor Kane. Feminine and elegant but strong and smart. The difference was that Heiden sort of liked a girl who needed a little muscle and protection. He was a romantic at heart. Naturally these assumptions were made on his own behalf and off of first impressions. They said nothing to the truth.

Pursing his lips a little he held out his hand to take hers into a hand shake. It was firm, brief and polite.
                              "Nice to meet you Rini. I am Heiden of the Asper, Son of the Captain, Onyx." he said teasing her lightly. He smiled lightly at her.

Heiden had an appeal about him that was alike his best mate Raziel, devilishly handsome. The only thing more handsome that Heiden was Heiden smiling. It somehow accentuated his good looks further. He had that dark sex appeal of a vampire though he was not a vampire. His eye's like silver and his skin looked as though he swallowed the moon. That is to say that the glow his skin carried was silver as a post to gold in hue. He was pale like his father. In fact looking at Heiden one could not find a trace of his mother because Heiden was all daddy. Onyx could only be seen and heard upon getting to know how.

"How long will you guys be staying? I have many things I wish to ask and discuss. Shall we all go inside? It's kind of chilly out here."

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User ImageUser Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xfae - irish - sociable

x apparel :
    x mood : content
    x location : asper bar
    x company : herself

[[It's about time I post... >w> Been icing like crazy here, and now that I've moved back home, I always end up staying the night at my sister's to watch her kids when their school gets cancelled. It's supposed to ice tonight too, but ehh. So far, the schools aren't cancelled! *knock on wood*]]

It had been several days since her and her family's arrival on the Asper, and Saorla's impression the second time around was much different than her impression when she'd first visited, all those years ago. It was nice and relaxing now- much much relaxing than Starlight Mist, which she still missed, despite everything. But the calm atmosphere here was something she desperately needed, and the fae had enjoyed keeping herself busy while taking care of Nathan and Laurel. Not once had she had to break up a fight, or get into an argument with an angry patron- nor had she had a single desire to pull her hair out at the end of a long night.

Nope, this was nice and lovely. The fae just hoped that it would be the same when Onyx returned and moved the ship to whatever new location she'd left to hunt for.

Saorla had been up for awhile now, though she had yet to make an appearance upstairs. So, leaving her two kids to their own devices for the afternoon, the tall redhead left her room and flitted up the stairs onto the deck, lingering in the bar. As far as she could tell, no one was there- though she did pick up on voices outside. Taking advantage of the solitude for a moment, Saorla grabbed a wine glass and poured herself a small bit of red wine- her favorite! She couldn't remember the last time she'd had it, not wanting to really drink on the job. But a little bit now and then wouldn't hurt, would it?

Divine Streaker

" I have heard alot about you Heiden, your mother really loves you"

Rini let out a airy giggle, moving in and giving the young male a hug. The hug instead of the handshake he was giving her. This most likely would throw him for a loop. She wondered if Leo had began to worry about her yet. It's not like she checked in with him. Not that she had needed to do anything of the sort. She released the male from the hug and turned her gaze to Oynx.

"You were right about him...He is a sweetie, and I see why the ladies like him"

She took in that he was raised well. She had already known what he looked like but geez, did she feel short.

"I do not know how long we will be staying, I do not think very long, but I will be back to visit after we do leave, but please, you and your mom should talk, though I would not mind going inside"

She waited for them to lead the way.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Oni had pursed her lips to Rini's initial comment. She watched the two interact, raising her brows. Leo should be worried about her at this rate. She smiled keeping her cool, she wasn't the type of mother to be over lording. Heiden would be rendered speechless to Rini's reactions. The hug, the comments about his mother loving him and him being sweet. He shot his mother a look like: >_>
When Rini said 'I see why the ladies like him' what had she been saying exactly!? She'd have to grill her on it later. For now he just smiled politely and said: "Oh well...thank you!"

"We will be staying for at least a night or two. Then we will set sail to see Phoenix and yes, lets go on inside." she said to Heiden before she looked to Mae
"See you inside?" she smiled at her before turning to lead the way towards the entry door to the bar, down into the ship.

The lot would move across the deck and to a door to which when opened, would lead you down three steps or so and down into the bar. It was like a huge sunken living room. They would move across the bar and take a seat at the counter where Sorla stood behind. It had been about three weeks now since she had left, it was nice to see that peace still lingered here at home.

"Sorla! How are you? I hope everything has been good for you while I was gone?" she asked the Fae happy to see her again.

Meanwhile Heiden spoke to Rini while his mother took a moment to reconnect with Sorla.
'So...I take it my mother met you at this place known as the Malevolence of Innocence? Is it a bar?'

Divine Streaker

She had to giggle that the young male did not seem to know what do do about her and the way she acted. She follows them into the bar, seeing yet another person. The asper was proving to be a very amazing looking place. She could actually see this becoming one of her homes. She looks at Heiden.

"Well, yes, the MoI is a bar of sorts....But there is still much I need to learn about it"

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User ImageUser Image

xfae - irish - sociable

x apparel :
    x mood : content, friendly
    x location : asper bar
    x company : heiden, onyx, rini

She'd just managed to take a few sips of that red wine before those voices coming from outside drew closer, and Saorla glanced up when the door swung open, granting a few people entry. And when she saw that one of those people was Onyx, the content smile lingering on her face grew wider. "Ahh, welcome back~!" She hummed happily, smiling at Heiden and the other woman with them, as well. "Everything's been wonderful~ I hope it's been the same for you?" The fae took one more sip of the wine before she set the glass down on the bar counter in front of her, crossing her arms loosely over her chest. "Did you manage to find someplace nice to move the Asper to?"

Not wanting to be rude, Saorla's attention turned to the unfamiliar woman then, lifting one hand in a wave when the woman glanced over in her direction. "Hello~!" She greeted, cheerfully as ever. Even if Onyx was back on the ship now after traveling around for that new spot, the fae was still in hostess mode. And would continue to be, unless Onyx told her to do otherwise!

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Onyx gave her that face, you know the one that says: Eeeeeeer...no.
"Um...can't say that it has all been peaches. I had to send Leon away from the Asper to keep you all secure. Seems there's a group of men after me that wish to steal me and sell my a** off in an intergalactic slave ring. I don't know much about this group and how far they are willing to go to get their prize. They uh...found me at one of the locations I was at. And no...I haven't found a place just yet. Rini and I are making a pit stop here and then heading out to see my guild Captain to talk about it. I am sure he and his wife would have a good suggestion as to where my ship would be best suited. I know that leaves me with about a week. Less by the time we get out of here...but I am not too worried about it. If our home has to be out on the open waters for a few days, I am sure no one will mind much. I just...I wanted this business to have an anchor you know? A place it could call home. I wanted it to have a good resting place. I am determined to find it one." she told her.

++++++++

Heiden smiled and nodded at Rini. "I see."
He heard his mothers words to Sorla. "Yeah....about that...you worried me half to death! I take it this means you met up with Leon then? I hated having to turn him out like that. Where is he?"

Onyx turned to look at him. "I am sorry. It was just as much of a shock to me as it was to you...i promise i didn't do it on purpose...Leon had some things to take care of. He will be along shortly."

++++++++

And now Onyx would speak to the lot of them. 'I promised as Captain of this ship that I would do my best to ensure safety here. I fully intend to keep that promise. The place we settle in will be able to offer double that protection. We will have peace at last.' what troubles would come upon the Asper would be attached to the patrons themselves. Easier to deal with in many ways.

Divine Streaker

"Hello Miss, My name is Rini it is nice to meet you" She would curtsy before taking her seat.

Boy she could go for some sort of drink right now. It would be nice to relax after the few days they traveled. Then they would set off again. Rini could not remember when she last traveled this much. IT had been long since she camped as well. She would listen to the chatter between the three that belonged to Asper. She did not want to get in the way. After all she had felt bad for keeping Oynx away. Though Oynx wanted to come, and she did not regret getting to know the other woman. Her blue grey eyes stay on her friends son and the women she did not know.

"Oynx do you have any instruments on broad?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces