Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Hair dried and straightened, dressed, bag repacked, gear together, she gave a deep sigh. She was ready. Before she decided to leave her room though she made sure to put her stock that she had purchased while out the first time, away. When she got back she would have to make up some stuff. She did have the chance to take the last of her potions and such with her. Particularly the shield bomb she had made back when the Raid on the Asper had happened.

Exiting her room she would cross the deck seeing two people out there. Mae and Nessa. She stopped to speak to Mae a moment.
"Hey...I will be leaving after breakfast. Wait for my call okay?"

Onyx continued on glancing at Nessa but other wise said nothing. Entering the ship she could smell food. she started for the source, the kitchen.
"Heiden? Is that you in the kitchen?" she called out

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

"Hey! Thanks" he said calling out over his shoulder at Rini.

He felt her arms slink around his core from behind, a smile coming to his lips. She thanked him for last night and it made his nose crinkle up. It just sounded so ... wrong. He stopped cooking a moment as he turned around, draping his arms around both of her shoulders.
                              'Hey...no need to thank me. It was mutual, quite nice might I add. Something i'd like to repeat in our future." he said kissing her softly on the lips, eye's softly closing...

"Heiden? Is that you in the kitchen?"

His eye's flashed open, he gasped and let go of Rini with a small push to put some distance between them just as his mother walked in.
                              "H-hey! yeah...here I am...I mean we, are. Have a good sleep? I am making quite the breakfast! Hope you are hungry!" he yammered before spinning back around to continue his cooking.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

Neesa Marie Valencourt

Tattoos&such
[x][x][x][x][x]

Try To Pretend That I Dont Even Know Your Name, Cause Everything You Are Disgusts Me, Too Bad I Can't Turn Back Time, So I Wouldnt Be Here, What I'd Give For You To DisAppear, So Tell Me Boy, Hows Your Edge?

The Wolf Inside

little trouble maker

She looked at Onyx as she sat up, watching her disappear without a word. Well.
Seemed people were more than irked with her. She sat there chewing her lip before she got up and wandered below deck. She stood there a moment before slipping past Onyx and into the kitchen. Food and water is what she needed.
She had expected to see Jenica cooking away like she was used to seeing, and instead it was Heiden and a girl with her arms wrapped around him from behind.
She couldn't help but feel a small smile tug the corners of her lips up.
She was happy to see this. She hadn't had time for anything else, or anyone else, and she was fine with that. Heiden was her friend and she liked seeing him happy for once after everything that happened. That was until Onyx walked in and he stepped away. Her brows furrowed but she kept silent.

She stood there unsure of what to say or do. She couldn't gauge yet how ,ad he was at her. She had already decided that if he was mad at her too, instead of staying around and making things weird she'd leave again. No need to be in a place you weren't comfortable in being.
She moved to the cabinet to get a cup and opened the fridge.
" so just how mad are you at me too?" she asked him. After a minute she shook her head, wolfs ears lowered to her head. He was probably hurt more than mad. s**t...she still hadn't talked to her mom yet who was somewhere on this ship...

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

As Heiden turned and gave her a look, he bought his lips to hers in a kiss. A few moments passed between them. She hadn't had a chance to answer his statement before he made distance between us. She froze for a moment as Oynx came in the kitchen, moving quickly, as to make it seem like they were just two friends cooking together. She wouldn't turn to face her friend, due to the redness in her face.

"Good morning Oynx-sama, Did you sleep well?"

The female inquired of her companions night, hoping that it had gone okay. That coming home had been alittle nice break for Oynx as well.

"I can not wait for our trip!:"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Location: Asper ~ Kitchens/Laundry Room ~ Ensemble: THE TRAVELER

Upon walking in she froze. First her son was babbling like a moron. Two she immediately noticed what Rini was wearing...one of her favorite shirts of her son's. Her eye's then directed to the small neat pile of clothing on the counter, it was the clothing she lent Rini, well some of it. She walked over to it, touching it and then flicked her eye's back up to Rini. There wasn't a need to jump to conclusions now was there? I mean...she was cool with her son with every girl she had ever known about. Her son didn't usually keep his relationships secret from her either...but Rini...she would be a different matter. She was Leonardo's adopted daughter. For Onyx...her son sleeping with her..er...semi Bosses daughter was trouble. No...no need to jump to conclusions. So what he gave her a shirt to wear! Something less dressy.

She had to think about that a moment though...Surely Leo wouldn't care even if...they did...right? It was eating at her! Something was up with these two. Maybe they were openly attracted to one another? Her son had never slept with a girl upon first meeting them. And with that final thought oni relaxed. She smiled.
"Shirt looks good on you...and yes, great sleep. I am excited too..." she said to Rini before crossing the kitchen and moving to her son.

A light hand to his shoulder as she looked around his arm to see the foods. Seems she taught him well enough. "Make me up some french toast? I am going to go put my clothing into the laundry room." she said before going to grab her things and slipping into the laundry room.

Divine Streaker

Rini would look at Oynx, then Heiden then smile. She starts looking for the bowls and things to help Heiden make the toast. Her eyes look left and right slowly, hoping Oynx was not behind her to turn her around.

"Thank you Oni, comment much happily received"

Her words were sounding strange, and mixed up.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Heiden, with his back to everyone cooking, did not have the wonderful abilities that his mother had. He didn't know that Nessa was there in the room as well. Not until she spoke. From the corner of his eye he saw Rini rummage about to try and help him cook but it was her words that caught him. She too noted his mothers suddenly silence, prolonged and prying with those damn eye's of hers. Heiden knew that if he made eye contact with his mother that it would be game over. She'd see right through him without even having to use any of her idiot proof abilities.

When his mother was gone, he turned his body a little to the side to address Rini and in a low whisper spoke.
                              "Comment much happily received??? What the hell was that!?" There was a big grin upon his face as he asked her this question ... however...it quickly fell.

Now he noticed the other female in the room. Nessa. It was hard to tell what he was thinking upon hearing the question that had come out of her mouth. Truth? He was surprised and hurt. From that hurt came anger. It really was perfect timing for her really. Rini's presence diffused much of the screaming and possibly physical aggression she would have received had Rini not been there. His brows furrowed in the tell tale signs of frustration but his voice remained calm. Strained. But calm.
                              "How mad do you think I am? Rather...how mad do you think I should be Nessa? Good to see you...alive." he looked away from her like he was truly disappointed, he looked to Rini...and nodded towards the door.

"Can you take the glasses and the juice, silver ware and napkins out to one of the bar tables and set up for me?" it was a rhetorical question really. He wanted a private word with Nessa. Several in fact.
User ImageCreaaak... Slowly opened the door to the laundry room, and from the other side a long, purple, forked tongue flickered about. Ohh that food...he could taste it! Quickly he jolted his human upper torso backwards as Onyx came into the door way making her way past his coils like a room full of landmines. He took a moment, back against the wall flickering his tongue about at her. His eyes quickly darted towards the doorway, and then back at Onyx. "Onyx-sss what are you making?" He presumed she was cooking since it was her kitchen after all. Migoto's build up of coils couldn't be helped as the laundry room was a pretty small room in comparison to the inner rooms, or the deck. His head slowly cocked to the left as long tail began moving about making the floor look like it was just a giant living surface but that was only him stretching for a moment. Leaning in his head still crooked as he peeked over the edge of the doorway seeing a good number of people, or heat signatures about. Out popped his long tongue again tasting the air, and this time more focusing on the signatures of people. Heiden he remembered, but there was two more he had to anther remember, or discover...maybe more because he had just woken up and still was a little dizzy from getting up to taste food so fast. He blinked a couple times with a blank stare into the kitchen while his pupils dilated slowly in and out of focus both independently. Then he quickly remembered Onyx was still in the laundry room doing whatever she was because he could feel her feet move around his bed of coils. Turning his head back after hearing Heiden say something about..."Silverware?" He repeated to her straightening his head.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Yes, Onyx knew that Nessa had entered the kitchen having scooted past her previously. She knew that her son would be having his words with her, hence why she slipped into the laundry room. Besides, she had just come from her own quarters and didn't feel like making that trek back just to put away her borrowed things. As such, when Migoto asked about what she was making she smiled to him.

'Heiden is cooking breakfast. Eggs, meats, hashbrowns, french toast..." there were lots of things she was sure he had not yet tried, but most that he did. Especially in Rome since he had been human then.

When migoto repeated Heidens words she shifted. 'Hey...ya know I was thinking Migoto...this room...is too small for you. You need a much bigger room ...plus you need to stop eating peoples friggen laundry! I was thinking that you could take the old Lieutenant's room. There is a fireplace in that room, it's a warm room. How would you like that Migoto?" she asked him with a smile.

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Titania Sangria
'I am not a dream'

She awoke in a manner and at a time that simply wasn't natural for her kind. Her kind were forced to sleep by the cruel rays of that sun that loomed from its nest in the sky, but not her. Habit had her awake in the day time. Often she had to attend meetings and seminars during the day, after all, those who she associated with did very much like to differentiate between her kind, and their kind. With tired eyes she followed the smell of cooking, her senses appreciating the smell but rejecting any idea of sampling, the thought made her stomach churn and the result would not be a pretty sight.

And, in all fairness, she wasn't looking all that pretty herself. Her kind, her breed, they were particularly adverse to the sun, they could be hidden under layers of earth and stone, but when the sun loomed they would be forced to sleep, it made them ill, uneasy. Her usually carved white skin looked almost grey, the shadows of her cheeks nearing black, and the heavy under eye shadows combined with the unnervingly bright eyes gave the image of something more bestial than human.

Yes, it was easy to see why make up was a necessity in her line of work. It was a wonder what highlighting could do to make someone look more human. But, it was her choice to wake up, she had to bear the punishment. There was a reason why her mother always made sure to be in bed for sunrise, she didn't want her husband to see her in such a state, keeping up appearances was vital for a lady. But, Titania, being no lady and dressed in loose jeans and a looser tank top, made her way to the gathering of people, some in what she could now see to be the kitchens, and voices calling from the laundry room.

Oh, and a snake. That rather long snake man was here. He was positively fascinating- How did a being so large cope? Deciding to keep her distance from everyone lest she scare them ala Nosferatu, she skirted around the edge of the kitchen to the sink, grabbing a glass and pouring herself some water. Just about the only thing she could ingest, asides from the obvious. Of course, being nothing if not socially inept, she didn't recognise the...tension in the room.

Divine Streaker

Rini blushed at her foolishness as Heiden repeated it to her. Man, had she sounded dumb for a moment. Honestly, how would she answer the question that came with the repeat.

"...ehhehhe....I got nervous, big time forgive me?"

She mused gently, a female voice came across the air. A woman she had not had a chance to meet was speaking. Heiden's demeanor had changed, wonder what was going on there? Was there some sort of drama between the two? Or maybe they just were always like this. Heiden asked her to take the plates and juice, etc out of the room. As she gathered the items and walked towards the door carefully, she came face to face with what must be the Naga she heard about, Heiden told her his name was Migoto. She stood still, knowing she should not make too fast of movements.
Mae Starr

User Image
Mae had seen Onyx enter the top deck and watched her approach. Her words about leaving and waiting for a call were clear, her head nodded as she watched the raven haired woman walked away. Her eyes would then look out to the ocean once more before crossing her arms over her chest. She could hear the voices echo from the bar room and could make out a few, seemed to be quite a few people down there.

Not in much of a socializing mood, Mae would find a seat and relax beside one of the fire pits, her arms stretching above her head as a few pops escaped her spine. Her eyes would close in a brief relaxation, the squawk of seagulls ringing in her ear as they flew about the port.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

Neesa Marie Valencourt

Tattoos&such
[x][x][x][x][x]

Try To Pretend That I Dont Even Know Your Name, Cause Everything You Are Disgusts Me, Too Bad I Can't Turn Back Time, So I Wouldnt Be Here, What I'd Give For You To DisAppear, So Tell Me Boy, Hows Your Edge?

The Wolf Inside

little trouble maker

Neesa shrugged her shoulders looking at him as the kitchen emptied..
" you have every right to be extremely livid. And while I SHOULD have told someone where I was going, I didn't. I can't change that. I had to go find my sister. I had to try to get Mika off that ship..." she said looking at her hands that were now calloused and rough. She kept the you seem to have done fine and not missed me much comment to herself, while it would only have been teasing, she figured now was probably not the time.
" I'm not going to tell you how mad you should be at me. Because I honestly don't know how mad I'd be at you if you left without word. I don't." she said rubbing her arm.

She hadn't been able to get Mika off the ship. Which was why she came back for Lex. She'd need her help. Mika was prisoner on dravens ship. And Draven kept very close eye on the suffering warlock. Neesa had promised to return with help. What help Lex could give her she did t know. All she knew was Lex was one of the only Warlocks she knew personally that would help her.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

"We'll I do know. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be in the dog house for days, weeks. Great, you went to go see your sister. Even if you gave us the slip to get off the ship, you couldn't send a txt? A letter? Left a note before your midnight dash?" did she not understand the position she had put them all under? Or did she just not care?

Heiden sighed. "so what now? Am I to just...what? Throw my hands up into the air, laugh and go: 'oh well that's our Nessa for you! All is good.?' I know you can't change it but neither have you apologized. Instead I get the: 'just how mad at me are you?' bit."

Turning his back to her to finish the food, turning elements off, there was a moments silence. Heiden woud cut off any words Nessa was about to speak.
                              "you don't need me to be your protector. That much is clear and neither did your sister. The children of Lucii never do need one. I'm not so disillusioned as to believe other wise Nessa. I guess in the end, you don't owe anything to anyone. So what if I was worried right? And so what my mother holds a level of hidden responsibility for you. Oh well to all of that. You don't need me so why it even matters, why you even asked how mad I am, is beyond me."

At this point she would do well to keep all comments not related to the situation to herself. She wouldn't like the response she'd get from it to be certain. It would just cause a flat out fight. Heiden fell silent. It was in moments like these Heidens father could be seen in him. It wasn't that he was ice cold. It was that his silence was deathly and made things chilly. Heiden was more like the deep cool ocean. He could make you feel bottomless, hollow, desolate, with his words, his vibe, his look. He began to transfer food to various plates.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

Neesa Marie Valencourt

Tattoos&such
[x][x][x][x][x]

The Wolf Inside

little trouble maker

Neesa felt her hackles raise, a growl on her face.
"Be mad at me all you want, but do not speak to me in that sarcastic tone Heiden. And dont start acting as if Ive never appreciated a damn thing you or your mother has done for me and mine. I made a mistake and left.." she couldnt stop the words pouring out if she wanted to. She felt like he had just smacked her dead in the face.

Funny how the people you care for the most could do that.

"And before you or your mother look at me and say I could have done this or that or reached out here or there, I want you both to remember that Communication is a two way ******** street.You know my number, you know my mind, you know my slumberland. Just like I could have reached out, you could have done the. same. damn. thing. Obviously, if me not reaching out shows that I didnt care enough, then you not reaching out shows you didnt give a damn either." she said mis matched eyes flashing colors.

"You dont want to be my protector fine. You protected me from Xavier, which I have said thank you I dont know how many times for. If your goal here was to hurt with your words, you succeeded." She was hurt. And maybe he was too, she couldnt tell at this moment. She probably shouldnt have said as much as she did. But damn it to hell, she wasnt going to allow that. She made a mistake, a huge one. One she was taking responsibility for.
She'd be damned if he played this as if she had just left to have tea and cookies with her siblings.

"Ill pack my things and relieve both you and your mother of your responsibility of me." she said in a low gruff voice, as she turned and shoved the kitchen door open. Avoiding everyone in the bar area she went straight to her room, throwing the door open and grabbing her bag.
She heard a soft thump near her door and looked up, face flushed, eyes raging.
She shouldnt be this mad, but she was. Gemma stood there, watching her with a soft look on her face.
"What are you doing little wolf?" she asked her as Neesa began throwing her belongings in her bag. Neesa just shook her head, afraid to open her mouth.
Gemma just stood there as Neesa packed.
"You're leaving? Why? Because he said somethings in a mean way? Neesa...Neesa stop!" Gemma said, a thin green arm snapping out and grabbing her arm. Neesa snapped at her, teeth barred. Geema just looked at her sternly.
"Leaving is not the answer. That'll only cause more worry when its done out of anger. He was worried about you. Sometimes, people dont know how to say Im glad to see your okay and back dear friend. Sometimes, the relief at seeing someone they hold dear alive, is clouded by anger in that moment. Remember Neesa...if he didnt care, he wouldnt be mad." Gemma said.
Neesa looked at her, her face paling and falling.
"Hes my best friend. Screw the protector s**t, screw everything else, hes my best friend....Ive never had one. And I..I ******** up Gemma..." she said looking down at her feet.

Gemma sighed, pulling her down on the bed beside her.
"You didnt. You did what you thought was right, you did what you thought needed to be done. If your conscious is clear then your fine. Sometimes the hardest decisions to make are the ones that hurt others. Right now, Leaving isnt one of those. Right now, You have a mission to focus on. Dont let your head get clouded. If hes your best friend, he'll get over this. If he cares for you the same way you care for him, he'll move on from this. Its going to take time. You did worry him and his mother. You did hurt him. And while, yes, he could have reached out just like you could have, the hurt is there. Just give it time Neesa." she said looking at the wolf girl, rubbing her back.

Neesa nodded looking at her hands.
How do you say sorry for something your not sorry for? She was sorry she had worried him and his mother, hurt him. She wasnt sorry for finding Draven and she wasnt sorry for trying to help her sister.
But Heiden was wrong. She did need protecting. She always had, and while it didnt sit well with her, she knew it. She couldnt take care of herself all the way. Heiden was a safe place to unload and tell her secrets to. She may have just lost that, and thats what hurt the most, though it was self inflicted and she knew it.
Rubbing her face she sat there on the edge of the bed as Gemma got up and left her alone.

Great. Another ******** up to add to her growing list.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff