Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Heiden felt a little bad for the way his statements had come out. He never meant to insinuate that she did anything on purpose. He forgot that they both found out at around the same time. That guilt could me seen on his face. So, when Rini asked about instruments in the midst of onyx's heart felt words of seriousness...Heiden blinked a few times and looks a little panicked. He knew nasty words of some sort of Jab would be aimed at Rini for having done that so he pipped up.
                              "I'm sorry. I should be more careful with my words. I know you work hard and always will. Thanks" he said sliding off his seat to give his mother a kiss on the cheek.

"I will show Rini the instruments and call the transporter boat to be ready for sometime tomorrow." he wanted his mother to know that he was on it, on the ball, and took business as seriously as she did.

He would gently take Rini's hand with a smile "This way"
                              Leading Rini back up on deck they would cross it all the way to the other end, up one deck to a set of double doors located behind the wheel and below the pool deck.
                              "This is the Captains quarters." he told her as he opened the doors.

Leading her inside she would see first a short and narrow hall to her left that opened up into a room that was like an office slash living room. It was very...piratey in it's decor. The large oak desk with the maps, compass, globe, red wax sealed envelopes, the shelves full of strange artifacts, and cabinets full of even more odd ingredients and bottles. Along the back wall was a long table that rested up against it. It had doors that concealed shelves. It was there that all of the things used to eat with or on and the things for tea and coffee could be found. To the far right of this room would be a rounded arch way with a set of three stairs. Just beyond it could be seen a large Shoji screen that separated his mothers personal quarters from view. The arch way had a door but at present that door was open and could normally be found that way.

Within the loffice (xD) Rini would see a beautiful looking Cello upon a stand.
                              "Oni tends to like woodwinds and strings the most. Strings like the Shamisen and koto. Me...I like my guitar. So...what's your interest in instruments?" Heiden asked as he motioned for her to sit upon the couches while he went over to the counter to make some tea.

"Oh...and would you care for a tea?"

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

Rini watched the male say sorry to Oynx, something about his body language suggested he was panicked. Had she done some sort of something wrong? As he spoke again, her red lips curve upwards once more. He sure was quick to answer his mother, and give Rini the way. She took his hands as he lead her back up and through a narrow hall. The quarter was filled with many things of interest. The spices, the bottles, everything was slightly awe-striking. Her eyes drift the the Cello, something she had dabbled in, though her strength really lay upon her violin.

"You play guitar?"

She asked with a piped interest, as her eyes continued to scan. Once she found what she sought, a grin crossed her face. She would pick up a violin, and look at Heiden.

"..I play violin, I figured while you talk with your mother, I would find somewhere quiet, to sit and practice, so that I am out of the way but Oynx would not worry about me"

She was asked for tea, and thought.

"Do you have some sort of jasmine or chai tea?, if it is not a hassle, or you can surprise me? please?"
Mae Starr
Outfit: Here

User Image
Mae greeted the girl named Rini before everyone headed inside. She gave a light nod to Onyx as she followed them in to the bar room. Her eyes rolled over the room, it all seemed like a distant memory. Onyx's story of moving the Aspers and a group of men looking to sell her off caught her ears before she finally took a seat at the bar.

"Never a dull moment, Onyx." Mae shook her head and crossed one leg over the other. "I was a bit worried when Heiden said he hadn't heard from you. Seems as though you never get accustom to your love ones being in danger, even if that's their forte" she would end that statement with a light hearted smile.

Mae would then look at the other woman in the bar, Soarla. "Hello. My name is Mae" she gave a nod before resting her elbows on the bar and her head in her hands. "It seems as though much has happened since I have been gone. I have much catching up to do."

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Onyx Looked to Mae and then to Sorla. "Sorla this is my God daughter Mae. Mae, this is our new tender and a friend of mine, Sorla." she said introducing the two.

"Sorla, can I get a glass of a pint of Guinness please?" she asked before looking to Mae once more.

"Yeah, and I hate it. I hope with this move to be able to provide better protection for those of us here. I think it might help a bit moving into Gaia. You know...it's a bit bitter sweet. I was born here because, I was born human. I couldn't let go. I couldn't move into the realm of Gaia after becoming immortal. I figured, since I needed to hunt human bad guys that it would only be smart to stay put. I also thought it was a good idea to become an assassin to help in that process. I don't know if I can say I was ... wrong for those choices...not entirely anyways, but change is imminent. It is time to transition into the realm of Gaia. I think it is clear that this realm is not ready for the supernatural. If you have to hide, or change yourself just to blend in...it's not really living. I no longer wish to continue the path I was on but instead, carve my own. In this, I am to try and narrow that danger down, the worry. As you know Mae, there is no rest for the wicked. When it comes to me, death, danger, likes to follow and ******** me over every chance it can get." she said enlightening Mae a little as to just where she was at personally in all of this.

"Now then...where have you been? You seem....distant, off, different some how. Less...spirited." if she thought onyx wouldn't note the change in the level of her life force, she was wrong.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Smiling he answered "Yeah, I do."
                              When she explained in a round about way why she had asked regarding instruments he slowly nodded. He watched her pick up the clear violin that belonged to his mother. She had very few instruments but the ones she did have were quite beautiful.

"Ah...I see. Makes sense now. Mum and Dad had a fondness for good classical music. My father was quite skilled with the flute. Guess the love of music runs in the family...mind if I hear you play?" he asked her as he began to prepare her a Jasmine tea and a Rooibos for himself.

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User ImageUser Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xfae - irish - sociable

x apparel :
    x mood : content, friendly
    x location : asper bar
    x company : mae, onyx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[[Blah. Still waking up, ignore crappy post. XDD]]

The smile on her face faded a bit when Onyx explained about the intergalactic ring that was after her, and how they'd come pretty close to nabbing her while she was away. At least she was still in one piece... And still here! Saorla didn't ask how that had gone down- her imagination could fill in the blanks, she supposed- but she was glad that Onyx was alright. When her friend explained that she hadn't yet found a place for them to move to, the fae nodded. "Even if we have to stay out at sea for a bit, like you've said, we can manage~ And I'm sure you'll find a nice place soon enough~" Better to take time looking than to rush through it, in her opinion- though Saorla knew where Onyx was coming from, about not wanting to be displaced and wanting to have a solid home. She'd been feeling that way for a couple years now, herself... Hopefully, once the ship had moved and settled down permanently, that feeling would go away.

Saorla watched Heiden depart with the other girl, who had introduced herself as Rini. They'd left before she had a chance to give her name in return- but she knew there would be plenty of other opportunities. Her attention settled on the other redhead in the bar then, instead, smiling when she introduced herself as Mae. "Saorla~ It's nice to meet you." The fae nodded politely, looking a bit interested when Onyx explained that Mae was her goddaughter. As Onyx requested a pint of Guiness, Saorla turned and picked out the alcohol easily, pouring a decent amount into a pint glass. She gently pushed it towards the raven-haired woman, replacing the bottle back on the shelf behind her. Silently, so as not to interrupt, the fae listened to Onyx's story about knowing it was best to move the ship to Gaia, where supernatural beings were much more abundant.

Divine Streaker

Rini- Wearing:Borrowed Clothes

User Image

Ah, what was with this family and causing her to blush. Though if she could play for Heiden, maybe she could play for Dorian. Then again, hanging around the young male was dangerous in itself. He was attractive, and from what she learned he could be compaction for her demon friend. What was she thinking, darn these hormones. She giggled lightly, her eyes scan the beautiful violin.

"This is lovely...."

She spoke in awe, and plucked the strings a bit. The girl brought it up to her chin, checking how it matched up to her body. It was in tune, and it was a good fit.

"Fine, I will play for you, but one day you must play guitar for me"

With that statement, she rosianed the bow, checked everything out, and got into position, while he made the tea. Her head turns and rest against the chin rest once again. Then she stopped a moment, she had a ipod with a little speaker. She wanted to play one of her favorite pieces yet it sounded best with the accompaniment of a piano. She pressed play, once that began, she waited for her cue, and began to play. Her fingers moved gracefully along the bridge, as she changed chords, the bow moving in away like gently painting. Her eyes close and open as she dances around the room slowly as she played. Just little sways and bobs, but it was like she was somewhere else in her mind as she played.

When she finished, those blue grey hues would find Hidens eyes as she watched for a reaction.
Mae Starr

User Image
Mae listened to Onyx speak about moving the ex pirate ship. Her head nodded in agreement, perhaps this would be a smart move. She knew the people of Locke Port had been through a great deal and it would be best for both parties, Locke port and Aspers, to part in to their separate ways. Mae also knew she had caused some of the trouble that occurred here, a guilt she will always feel.

Her eyes would drift over to Onyx when she would ask where Mae had been. Mae's face showed discomfort as her hands rung the bottom of her seat shirt. It would be painful to bring up, possibly for both parties. Onyx knew Mae's history, so she knew Onyx would be the one to understand most. "Onyx.." Her voice was distant as her blue orbs for eyes cast to the ground. "Some things have caught up to me. Choices that I have made when I was younger." Mae didn't know how to start, a fang poked out to gnaw on her bottom lip, a reminder that she too was an immortal. "For every action there is a reaction. One doesn't simply waltz in to the demon world without paying a price. Lets just say my payment was due."

Mae hoped Onyx would catch on to what she was saying without going in to detail. Onyx knew Mae wasn't born a demon... she was made in to one. Mae had offered her soul to become a demon to be with her first love, Raziel, and of course this was Mae's own choice and doing. However, The under world makes deals.. not charity.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

By the time she was finished their tea was ready. Heiden would come to stop beside her, rather close to her, another smile that would almost pierce the heart. He handed her, her tea.
                              "That was lovely...really. It's been a while since we've had someone that good here aboard this ship. Not since...I think Andrea." he told her.

Moving away from her he himself took a seat upon the couch. Her crossed an ankle to his knee and looked to Rini with soft respect and admiration. Heiden you see, was like his father. Private and subtle on the surface, a romantic deep within but a gentleman through and through. That wasn't to say that he was not without skill in the area of love and games because he certainly was. However, he had class and style about the way in which he did it. You would not catch Heiden cat calling at girls, making overtly sexual remarks, or pulling out all the show stoppers on the first date. You wouldn't find him all hands, or trying to kiss and drool all over you either.

"You play beautifully...it seems to reflect the musician perfectly..." yes, that was a compliment. He called her beautiful.

"So, what do you do at this place that you come from? The... Malevolence of Innocence...quite a mouthful. Are you a performer there?" he asked with honest interest.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

She didn't like the sound and tone of Mae's words. "What was the price Mae?" those yellow topaz eye's held her face no matter how much Mae wanted to look away.
"And has that price been paid in full?"

Yes, she knew of her past. Stupid foolish children. In the end, they were worlds apart her and Raziel now. Why Mae didn't find a way to go back to her blood roots, she did not know. Was it even still possible right now? She...she just wanted Mae to stop suffering! She wanted Mae to find happiness and inner peace, to make amends and tie up loose ends with her past. It always sucked when things didn't turn out. It was what it was. Mae had been gone long enough now that there was no going back.

"I think...you should know Mae, that is...you should hear it from me and not anyone else first...Raziel...he's made the life bond with his children's birth mother. It wasn't of course like a traditional wedding or anything. It apparently was very much according to the customs of his race, so I was told. If Raziel hadn't told Heiden, I would have never have known either." and now it would make a little more sense to Mae as to why Heiden had hugged her so passionately before. He had known what she did not.

"I am sorry Mae. I really do wish there was a way for you to return to your Firefox ways. This life as a demon...it just...would you ever want to return to your blood roots Mae?"
Mae Starr

User Image
Mae's facial expression didn't change, but her eyes moved back up to Onyx "No, it's not finished being paid off... and wont be for a while. Little did I know, and to naive to care, is a contract was made. A demon with powers so great holds this contract and it seems I am not the only person in this predicament. Some are able to leave this contract and others.. it's to late. There are only 2 ways to leave, sell the contract off or fight to the death in a tournament." Mae didn't want to go in to to much detail at this time, but something else Onyx said to her struck her.

"I would love to be 'normal'. Either it be my fire fox demon ways or something else, but I was never good with the demon thing." Mae could only chuckle and shake her head "So young and stupid." She would then lean back in her seat and rest her hands in her lap. "I am Happy for Raziel. He deserves to settle down with his family. Believe it or not Onyx, I was well aware things would never be the same and I have come to terms with that and accepted it. Perhaps I will find my own happiness someday, Until then, I fight for my freedom." t

Divine Streaker

The red tint upon her face, deepens. Her heart skipped a beat, from the closeness. She takes the tea with a soft smile, and sips upon it.

"Thank you for the tea and the compliment on the music, but I do not think I am that well...good as you say"

She follows him to the couch, taking a seat, in a distant manner. Sitting with him like old friends. Oh goodness, a question about her life back home. Maybe it would be easier to just say, yes. No lying was bad, when you did not have to hide anything. By any means, why would Rini need to hide her life? She was a grown woman, and it is not like she has done anything naughty...yet. She clears her throat. Another sip of tea was taken, and her hues gaze away from Heiden. The girls gaze was cast down in the tea.

"Well, I do work at the Malevolence, as a hostess, Like a geisha, not that I really work, I have been running errands for papa and the manager Akako, that is how your mom came along with me"

She had began to explain, and then felt the need to tell him that it was not her only job. She was being honest about herself.

"I also work for this man named Dorian, who is a musician, and he grants wishes to people....I seek out the people who are in need of his talents, I don't involve myself farther then that....He is a demon and uses demon magic, and well, while I am a gentle woman, Maybe I am not as good a person as I try to be? But it only back fires on those people who are greedy, it is like comparing it to a version of this manga I read called xxxHolic"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Onyx shook her head. "I need it straight Mae. What exactly is the contract? How was it made? What is it for? and why was it made? Start with that. Then you tell me what you mean by selling the contract or fighting. Who can sell it and what would selling it do?" there were far too many unanswered variable and now oni wanted them answered.

'Mae...you were born a certain way and should have remained that way. I remember you back then. I am glad that you have come to terms with the past...but you know that a part of him will always love you. He still talks about you from time to time. He talks of moments of the past with great fondness. He like myself Mae, would do whatever we could to help you. Don't be afraid to ask for aid should you need it. You don't have to fight alone." she said reaching out to grasp her hand in a fortifying squeeze.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Heiden took in everything she said. He sat there just studying her a moment, a grin slipping up over his lovely lips.

"So...she reads manga? Cute. A hostess hm? I shall remember that."

"Hm...well, that sounds pretty cool. Your an entertainer through and through. What exactly was my mothering doing at the Malevolence?" he replied before sipping his tea. The question about his mother was casual but the truth was, he had no idea of the things his mother was involved in outside of this Ship. He knew about the important stuff but not her personal accord. She was a very secretive woman and shared very little with people.

Divine Streaker

"It is alright, I just rather settle down, and fix my life....but then again..."

She shuts up, ending that note there. She didn't want to sound silly, even though Oynx had said her little dreams were not silly. She sips her tea again, sitting in silence for a few moments. She knew his eyes were upon her. In times like this she would normally say something flirty, but she did not wish to make him squirm, if he would.

"Honestly, that is something you would have to ask her, I mean we are a inn as well, so for all I know she could have just been there for rest"

She would shift in her seat,

"So, this is my first time on a ship"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas