Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Unbeatable Husband

9,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

Mat shared Onyx's laugh, the sign of a good time was always laughter and he wasn't sure if the liquor in each other's bodies was helping it along or what but it was certainly nice. It was nice until Onyx asked a question that slapped a frown on his undead face and made him take a seat, his middle and index fingers massaging his forehead now.

"I know a thing or two about the matter. Lately, I would say that I have been pretty damn successful at protecting the ones closest to me but..a couple hundred years ago is a whole other story and one that I don't particularly care to share."

His tone was pretty sharp, meaning she had obviously struck a nerve in the normally calm and collected vampire. He didn't seem aware that he had just downed a whole flask of Russian vodka even when the metal container dropped to the floor with a clang. It was one thing to be able to suppress memories, to keep them in check. It was another when someone mentioned a similar scenario

"..Russia isn't kind to people. Whether it is the cold or the ones in power Russia is a cruel b***h that will at least make you miserable if she can't kill you. I was able to avoid getting myself killed while everyone else I knew over the years was slaughtered by conflict. You lose the taste for blood after you watch your wife to be impaled and then beheaded in front of you."

He looked over and her and shook his head, the expression on his face was somber before he looked away.

"Lately..I have found myself becoming more and more emotional, along with my powers growing stronger. I would like to think it's madness creeping in."

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
((Shoot us a Pm and we'll see if we can make it work then smile ))

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
J R Quincy

User Image User Image

She would not apologize for bringing up the topic and memories. She needed to ask it for Oni felt alone. Listening to what he had to say she wouldn't flinch at the tone of his voice; however when he finished speaking she shifted uncomfortably. She licked her lips in nervousness. The idea that she had this much, this crucial thing in common with a vampire...was huge for her. She didn't like it but it was all she had right now.

"So...how did you successfully protect them? What was it that you did or do in order to keep them protected?...Lately...I have felt like I can't protect anyone...not even myself." she told him softly.

Understand that Onyx never leveled like this with anyone. Though the rare times she did, amazing things happened. Matias talked a little about the death of his wife.
"I understand. My parents were also murdered and since then its been nothing but death. The one time I did marry I lost him...Like you though, at least I was blessed enough to have offspring. Well...singular in my case. I just..." she slowly shook her head.

"I don't know what happening to me lately. Sorry." she muttered stuffing more alcohol in her. Unlike Matias, Oni couldn't get drunk. Her kessen chu prevented it from happening, among other things.

Unbeatable Husband

9,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

He smirked and laughed darkly, seemingly not leaving this dark mood he now found himself in.

"I didn't do anything. She died. I snapped. When it was over I had left a trail of destruction over a mile long and three hundred or so bodies wide. It was bad enough to make sure I would be leaving Russia for a time."

The vamp just sat there for a time and remained silent and didn't really move much.

"Of course..I remarried, had three wonderful children a few hundred years later and now I have the means to not only protect my family but teach them all how to defend themselves."

Mat paused and lit a cigarette before giving Onyx a wink and a small smile.

"You have emotions. They tend to come out in the most unexpected times but as long as you still can feel, you can change. For better or worse."

He stood up and flipped open his phone, reading a message before folding it shut.

"..Some would argue that I haven't gotten any more cheery in the last four hundred years but the ones that can do that are far and few between."

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Trexasle
“Shut up, shup up shut up!” She yelled again. The constant attack on his brain was getting worse, much worse. Her brain was becoming mush over the rapid expanse of information. IThe name itself was enough for her to remember it all. James Sangria her childhood pal and former crush. The man she had managed to hurt so many times on so many occasions it didn’t help that he KNEW how she felt either. What Titania was saying, what if she was the reason for all of this along with just naturally being a vampire. It was enough to send her mental capacity to it’s near limit. Her hearts were racing even faster whilst the memories began to return to her. However, another memory came along with it. She shot up with her eyes wide.

“ENOUGH!” She yelled, or at least she attempted to. Titania would be able to hear it but only telepathically. She leaned near a nearby pillar and snarled at the female. She wasn’t sure if she still had those ice abilities she once touted during her vampirism phrase. If she did however she was CERTAINLY going to take advantage of it, maybe in a chance to freeze the girls mouth closed.

“Don’t you see my regeneration is failing?” It wasn’t obvious physically, she looked completely healthy after all. Her body was expanded in a much more feminine frame than her younger body, the fact that her body had even aged was enough to know that she was partially okay. She took a deep breath letting her hearts attempt to relax. “Okay…So I’ve ran through Four bodies already correct?” She asked. The female, it did not seem she was on that topic anymore instead decided to move onto another one.

Of course unless she was saavy Titania wouldn’t know what she was talking about.

((Grahh I don't feel this is working...))

User Image
Titania Sangria
'I am not a dream'

"Sorry love, last time I checked the BBC weren't looking for any extras" she said without batting an eyelash, sweeping the tiniest of loose strands from her eyes. Yet something was distracting here...Two heartbeats. Yes, it was definitely two, it was clear now. Discreetly she checked her own pulse. Practically none existent, she would need to feed soon, blood replaced energy, nutrients, oxygen, everything that humans needed to survive was replaced by blood, and it burned up quickly. So she certainly wasn't feeling her own heartbeat.

"I don't know how many bodies you've run through, unless your a ghost I'm sure it's impossible, believe me, I've tried. It took weeks to get the stains off my robes." She had lost interest in teasing the girl now, her voice was beginning to go through her, bore her to death. She sighed, forcing herself to ignore the two heart beats. Just reminded her of what she was missing.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Name: Elis Schmitz
Regeneration Failure rate: 65%

“Ack For Heavesn Sakes…” Said Elis. Her Accent was beginning to show, almost as if she wasn’t bothering to hide her accent like she used to. She bagan to race around in an attempt to speak to her. “by bodies I ran through I meant the amount of times I regenerated…You obviously know something about Time Lords.” She was now playing with her sonic Screwdriver and completely ignoring the sight of her vampire buddy. However, her heart was still racing, she was attempting to hide her panic from the mass amount of memories that were flooding back to her. More memories rush in, the better chance the regeneration would fail. When the girl mentioned something about Killing she merely stared at her and shook her.

“This isn’t a time for you to make up some stupid joke right now.” Elis was never this blunt before or since. “I need a quit place, please excuse me…” She ran off she couldn’t be around the female anymore. She brought too much memories to her, and none of them she’d like to remember, especially the one that she lived now.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
J R Quincy

User Image User Image

"Matias..." she said his name like a hushed prayer. "You are lucky to have found someone worthy enough to remarry." she got to her feet slowly now. Turning towards the sea she glided on over to the railing and looked out.
"You have emotions. They tend to come out in the most unexpected times but as long as you still can feel, you can change. For better or worse." oh he had no idea how convoluted that statement was for her.

"Unexpected times? You bet. As for change...well...I'll let you know when it happens, though I won't be holding my breath." it would seem that the phoenix within her was highly reactive to emotions.
The strongest Onyx had was anger. When she was angry...truly, bad things happened. Villages and towns burned. People died without care, without much discretion at all. Her hands gripped the rail. Closing her eye's she shook her head a little to waver that train of thought and discussion away.

Turning around to face Matias' direction she leaned back against the rail on both her elbows. She allowed her body to slacken in a lazy sort of position.
"Some of the people in this town...have done some pretty shitty things to me. Some of them have paid with it with their lives...but I have to wonder about the ones...that wanted to help me. The one's that tried to fight back on my behalf. Are they still not worth fighting for? I know...it's not my job to save the world. But...if you could do something that could affect a lot of people, something good, why wouldn't you? The towns people...and I think, at least the local police, will not be coming here. They saw Linia...the day of the uproar. They are far too afraid to wander here but I am still exiled to Port...I have a solution for that too." she sighed and thought a moment. She decided to level a little more with Matias.

"At first I was so hurt, angry and in pain that I had considered...over running this town to run out the humans. This town after all is nothing but human. I was going to allow we "supernaturals" to run this town and myself as the spearhead. Truthfully...if they cross me one more time I won't hesitate to go through with that plan. I dismissed it on account of the fact that I don't truly have a need to govern a town. It's a lot of bullshit hard work that I don't care to be apart of. Killing is my business...and business is good!" she laughed trying to lighten the mood and throw in comic relief.

"seriously though, I think I owe thanks to those that did try to fight for me. I aim to leave Lockeport soon. There's an artifact that I am after. I think it will help this town, help those who want to be helped...sadly I won't be able to let them know about it for the credit...but I figure...if this town ever does become mine....then hey." she gave another little snicker.

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
        User Image
                                User ImageAilsa Graystone

User Image

When you play with fire....

Ailsa spent most of her time on her own, or with Celeste. With Lance growing sicker by the day, Celeste kept her away from her brother for her own safety and the safety of her child. At least that was what she said. Ailsa believed what her brother said about his illness not being contagious but wasn't sure what exactly was wrong with him. She worried about him more then he could ever know.

She spent her time with her sister or on her own. Celeste was trying to get her to a healthy weight and tried to help her get over her depression. Ailsa felt she was slowly getting better, but every day she felt the darkness hang over her. But while she was alone, writing and studying helped to draw her attention else where.

Today she found herself on the deck, reading. Instead of it being one of her mother's journals she was reading 'Wicked'. It was a fairly good read so far, but nothing too over the top. She was alone finally and enjoying the time.

She wore a nice little shirt and pants, no shoes on her feet. Her hair was lose and it was starting to get longer. Running a hand through her hair as she read she smiled for a moment.

//[L]ocation: Asper's Deck //
                                              [C]urrent Music:
                                              Blue Flames//
                                              [M]ood:
                                              // tatus: Nine Weeks Along//
                                              --- Your gonna get burn.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Name: Ceasar Espinoza

A Man always needed a shave.

During his time on the boat he was growing what seemed to be a very dark and long beard. It was brown with the tinges of white that came from his stress, old age, and pure cynicism. Ailsa had seen the accused beard during their time in Sigil. However, once he stepped into the Taven, It was suddenly gone, now reduced to a mere stubble. Along with some of his hair, which was neatly cut after a few months of it finally getting out of control. Another thing gone was his hat a usual staple of the boy, was now gone showing his mid length hair and bangs that covered his forehead. The Chicano wiped the sweat from his face, and placed his hand inside of his baggy jeans. He chose quite a time to wear his white tanktop the temperature was becoming unbearable.

The tanned male had just walked back onto the ship to see the ginger haired female back on deck. Her Lithe body and pale skin was something not easily missed by the man. Besides, she was carrying his child and couldn’t possibly forget the mother of his child. The male had just finished coming back from his grandmothers antique store with a book in his hand. “Hey Ailsa, I got that magic book you asked me to get for you…” His voice was gravely changed, it now sounded deeper, lower certainly and was very shaky, it was Like if Max Payne had decided to jump into the body of a Twenty-Year-Old Boy.

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
        User Image

User Image

Ailsa hadn't changed to much in the last year. Though she was skinnier then before, and maybe a little paler, it was clear that she was taking a little better care of herself. Her hair was starting to regain some of its shine, and her eyes were brighter.

But her mind was still heavy. With a soft sigh, she turned towards Ceaser. She closed her book, careful to remember to put the bookmark in before she closed it. She turned towards him better and nodded. "How are things around town? Still tense?"

She was worried for the safety of the ship and the people in it. She knew that any day now they could deveope the courage or the foolishness to come to the ship and attack. It was a bad idea, but she thought of it every once in a while. The worry would no doubt grow stronger the later she got along.

[C]urrent Music:
                                              Blue Flames//
                                              [M]ood:
                                              // tatus: Nine Weeks Along//
                                              --- Your gonna get burn.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ceasar was glad to see that she was getting better slowly. She seemed healthier, slightl more skinny than usual, but her body seemed brighter, her smile more pronounced, and her eyes had retained the glow they had once had when they were dating. Maybe he had a shot now, That she had finally moved on and they can try their relationship again. Ceasar wanted to think like that, that none of what he did the past few months ever happened. However, news of her pregnancy and the utter inclusion of the family on her ship made it a bit hard for the graffiti artist to forget.

When she asked about the town and how it was going he whisteled. “Not well my ginger friend…not well.” The climate of the town was certainly half and half. Some for Onyx and believe that she did more good than bad, and others who were just indifferent about the idea of supernaturals overall. The latter is what ruly made him feel uncomfortable. As much as the Chicano hated to admit it, he was once one of those people, if not just slightly WORSE. Ceasar had attacked friends and loved ones for the sake of complete supernatural hatred, even if he didn’t hate supernaturals himself. The situation turned him into something he hated, a killer a ruthless killer. It was invisible to others, but he could still see the massive amount of blood on his hands. No amount of hand washing ever burned that picture out of his head.

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
        User Image

User Image

Ailsa shook her head. "I didn't think coming back here that I would run into a situation like this. I always thought that humans were pretty level headed. But I guess I was wrong."

Ailsa honestly had little experiance with normal humans, as much as she had spent around them. Her family were demons after all. Since she was young she had little experiance in the larger world and she knew that. She just thought she knew better some times. She sat up and shook her head again.

"I can't help but be worried. Maybe we should leave Lockeport." She looked up at him. "I mean everyone. Take the ship and sail off to some new place. It might be safer."

[C]urrent Music:
                                              Blue Flames//
                                              [M]ood:
                                              Confused and worried //
                                              tatus: Nine Weeks Along//
                                              --- Your gonna get burn.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

“That depends on the person Ailsa, not all humans are as level headed as you thought.” Ceasar sat close to Ailsa and ruffled his hair. He was probably the most human out of everyone here. It didn’t help that he seen the hatred of demons firsthand, he knew what people felt, whether it was indifference or uncertainty. “Not all humans are bad, it’s just the natural instinct of not trusting something you don’t know. some people become a bit more extreme than others and…well you become hunters...” The boy said nothing and leaned toward his side. IT just didn’t feel right talking to Ails ain this capacity, it didn’t even feel right that he was the father of her child.

There was times that he wondered why this happened, maybe it was divine intervention, a failsafe for him never to go down that anti-demonic path again. Suddenly, he found himself wrapping his arms around Ailsa’s slender waist, just for the touch. He could feel life from the lower part of her stomach, however faint it might be. A telepathic connection in that sense, something that both father and child shared in some strange conscious.

“A Vacation sounds…good actually, damned good.”

Unbeatable Husband

9,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
onyx2047

User Image

"I would argue I'm not husband material, or father material for that matter. I manage I suppose."

He listened to Onyx talk, and talk some more about her issues with the towns people and he would just nod his head politely not interrupting as she spoke. He did however flip open his cell phone to check his messages after she was done. To his surprise, his ride was close and he planned on going to meet favorite getaway driver en route since it wasn't too far. But first, a warning.

He stood up and tucked his forty five magnum against his back, flask in left pocket and his pipe in the right.

"Just remember..people like you and me terrify humans. Down to the core. Just like any animal though, if you push them far enough they will maul you. Trust me when I say this. Then again, maybe you already know what I mean.."

He ran his fingers through his hair as he walked towards the door to leave.

"I have to make myself scarce now. There are things I must take care of, as you already know. I'm sure we will meet again."

With that, he walked out the door and shortly after disappeared from the scene.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff