Welcome to Gaia! ::

Melanie returns after a few days of being gone, Pushing open the front door, carrying her notebook and leather suitcase as usual, "Good evening everyone." She smiles cheerfully, She seemed happier then she normally was.

Blessed Muse

10,000 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
The Neko Herbalist Rose

User Image

Rose continued to cry until she felt Vincent softly hugging her and telling her the vision wasn't real. Slowly but surely her tears stopped and she remembered everything that had happened since that terrible night and how much stronger she had already become both physically and emotionally. Little Rose while shy had become an incredible baker and an extremely skilled herbalist and healer. She was not the same girl she had been back then.

Upon realizing this one of her eyes changed from blood red back to a sky blue and her personality changed back to how it was normally. Rose had finally gained control over dark side and she had Vincent to thank. The small neko girl hugged him back practically tackling the ice blue eyed man.

"This um m m might sound crazy of me but um thank you mister Vincent for showing me that vision it....h helped me take control of the form I was to weak to control. Now I know that I won't be a burden to my friends thank you very very much!"

Rose then released him from the hug but not before giving him a small peck of the cheek as thanks. She then ran over to Natalie and gave her a big hug clearly over joyed.

Vincent of Chaos
Mademoiselle Alvinette

Questionable Vampire

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
Vincent gets thrown back a bit from Rose and falls back some more when he is hugged. He makes sure his drink does not spill and his sword does not harm anything around him. "Rose darling, I think we need to do a little more work. I can help you out a lot more than this one time." His head turns slowly towards Natalie and hears her thoughts in her head.

Vincent can really tell that Natalie is mad at him for what has just happened. "Natalie, I am very sorry just under a lot of pressure from the Hatter. I think I can track him down." He response to Natalie in her mind and he raises his right hand to sip on his chalice a bit more.

konakonak

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image Natalie was a little surprised when Rose thanked Vincent for showing her the illusion she'd seen, because it was a reminder to the young girl of how strong she was and how she could take control of her dark form. Wish I could have that kind of perspective! Natalie thought, a little wistfully. I'm still reeling from the shock!

Vincent apologized telepathically, and Natalie smiled. That's okay, I understand being under stress. Trust me! It just kind of knocked me for a loop...I don't think I've ever been so thankful for an illusion being just an illusion! D'you want some help tracking the Hatter down?

Melanie walked into the cafe then, and she was in a very cheerful mood, it seemed. "Hiya, Melanie!" Natalie greeted, the cheer returning slowly to her voice. "How are ya?"

konakonak
LuckyCoinCat
Vincent of Chaos
Mademoiselle Alvinette

Melanie smiles, "Oh hey, Natalie, Sorry I've been gone for so long.. A sudden . thing.. came up," she smiled, being intentionally vague.

She was wearing different clothes today, A short white shirt, and a tight red tanktop, with matching red heels. The tanktop revealed that the entire length of her arm and her chest and shoulders were completely covered by white bandages, ending at her wrists and neck, She wore a black gemmed ring on her left ring finger and cloth bracelets on both wrists over the bandages.

Melanie looked around to see who else was in the cafe. She only recognizing Vincent but not the other lady. "Who's she?" Melanie makes a small gesture toward Rose.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image Natalie's eyes widened as she got a better look at the bandages. "Melanie!" she gasped. "What in the world happened? Are you okay?"

She moved to introduce her friends. "Melanie, this is Vincent, and this is Rose. They're friends of mine. Vincent, Rose, this is Melanie."

She glanced worriedly over at JJ, who looked very busy in his work. She hoped he was all right...

Melanie looked confused before realizing she was speaking about her bandages, "Oh! Hm. Sorry about this.. " She smiles a little.. "I always wear these. " Melanie Changed the subject of the bandages and smiles toward the two and curtsies to the two of them. "Hello.. I'm Melanie, Melanie Harper. Traveling scientist. " Melanie finds her self a chair and opens her note book. "Say.. Natalie, Did you know that there was a pack of giant platypus in the woods near the cafe. " She smiled again, Knowing she sounded ridiculous, no very many people believed her science or the way she talked, She tried to stay as human as possible around the people she meet.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image Melanie always wore the bandages? But why? She must have some pretty bad wounds if she always had to wear that many bandages. She seemed cheerful enough to not be bothered by them, though, and Natalie didn't want to pry into the personal business of someone she'd only met a couple of times.

"Waitaminute--giant platypus?" Natalie exclaimed. "I had no idea they were native to this part of Gaia!"

((Sorry for the slow reply; I was waiting for Kona and Vincent, but I think they got busy. ^^))

(It's okay, I was kinda waiting on them too, They'll join when they get back I suppose.)

Melanie laughs a little, "Neither did I! They must of migrated for some reason. "
Melanie holds up a scribble in her notebook a bunch of small illegible writing beside it.
"Say.. Natalie." Melanie says in a softer less cheerful voice.. "When I first came here.. What I saw.. Was that.. real? " She taps her finger slightly, lowering the notebook.. "I heard stories about demons and monsters... but As long as I've been a scientist.. I've never seen one with my own eyes.." She looked Natalie in the eyes.. "Are.. unexplainable powers real..?

Questionable Vampire

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
Vincent is watching everybody in the cafe closely making sure that Natalie is alright from what just happened a couple hours ago to make sure there is no side effects. His eyes keep glowing some more and he sips on his chalice a bit more. He takes his hair out of the ponytail let his hair drop and his hair goes down to his shoulders. The reason he keeps his hair is it is easy for him to move when he is in combat.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image Natalie chuckled. "Good grief!" she said. "Well, all kinds of other strange stuff happens around here, so why not exotic animals migrating to live here?"

And she studied Melanie's face while the girl asked about whether the events of Friday night had been real, and whether there really unexplainable powers. Who is this girl? Why does she want to know? Is she truly a scientist, or is she some kind of anti-mage or something, in disguise? Finally, after a long pause, Natalie chuckled and admitted, "I certainly wouldn't make up anything like all that!" Then, face more serious, she continued, "Believe me, it's real. I didn't believe in any of that stuff until I moved to this part of Gaia, and boy, was it an eye-opener!" She tilted her head to one side. "Are you thinkin' about studying the paranormal or something? Or just tryin' to make sense of the trauma that you walked into?"

Melanie taps her fingers on her exposed knee.. "It's.. hard to explain.." She sighs softly.. " And hopefully you'll never have to learn why." She looks over her shoulder with a hidden expression of fear and worry. with out realizing it, Melanie began to run the bandages covering her left arm. "What... Exactly is a demon.." She gives Natalie a dead expression completely opposite of her cheerful demnor from earlier.. "And .. you guys were trying to fight it.. Is fighting demons .. is it hard?"

Her questions quickly changed from every day chitchat to serious answer seeking in a matter of seconds, Melanie pushed her long hair behind her ear and looked toward Vincent inspecting the room, then back to Natalie.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image "Yeah...it is hard, fightin' demons," Natalie said softly. "It's something I hope I won't have to do again for a long, long time." But she knew they would always return. From what little she knew about her bloodline, one of the traits inherent in her DNA was that they stirred up demons just by their unconscious brain waves. Or something like that. Whatever it was, it explained why Natalie seemed to be a magnet for weird creeper-types.

She tilted her head to one side. "As for what demons are, there's so many different types of 'em that I can't possibly begin to tell you what to look for. I'm definitely no expert. All's I know is that someone was threatening my friends, so I had to help them put a stop to it."

She saw Vincent watching them, and she wondered what he thought of their conversation...

Questionable Vampire

10,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
Vincent keeps watching the conversation going a long. His eyes go back to normal so they are not glowing as much. Also, he makes his chalice look like wine so nobody gets suspicious of him being what he is. He takes his chalice and slowly begins to sip on it some more. "Yeah, I would never mess with demons in my life. All I do is take photos of beautiful landmarks and models mostly."

(Do you guys mind if i introduce another character? )

Melanie lets out a sharp breath.. "Interesting.." Her expression changes back to cheerful as fast as before and she looks at Vincent, "Photography you say? Are there any odd places around here that you would suggest for a young scientist? " She looks at Natalie over her shoulder, she felt bad for lying to such a nice lady.. she hide her body for years for fear of what she really was, being found out and being hunted.. She didn't like being different but she would keep on pretending she was human until she knew she was was safe from him.. at least he didn't know she was here for now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff