Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Sorry, it seems that we're experiencing technical difficulties with the Mod App. I'll post again as soon as it's open. Thank you for your feedback!

heart SimplySimone heart
Um do i have to report a certain amount of times to be a mod????

Gizmo Fuyou's Husband

Romantic Werewolf

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
SimplySimone
Sorry, it seems that we're experiencing technical difficulties with the Mod App. I'll post again as soon as it's open. Thank you for your feedback!

heart SimplySimone heart

OK, I will wait, it doesn't matter how long it takes I can wait.

this is for all who have waitted a long time. if you waitted this long, you can wait for a year ^^ just like me when I was sent over seas. Waitting is awalys the Key to every thing. so wait and you will be one and whatever you want to be in real life.

just trying to left your sprits up ^_^

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Triforce1
There has been no amount specified, but we have been informed that reporting correctly shows that a user has knowledge of the ToS and a drive to help the site even without moderator capabilities. It is not recommended to apply if you ignore the report system.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Geminai Mistario
Triforce1
There has been no amount specified, but we have been informed that reporting correctly shows that a user has knowledge of the ToS and a drive to help the site even without moderator capabilities. It is not recommended to apply if you ignore the report system.

Yes, reporting often and accurately will show that you have good knowledge of ToS, of course you should report any violations even if you are not applying.

*lucky.EXE detected as a threat*

i've been declined because my "Reporting activity level not on par with expected standards"..
didn't know that was a requirement..needs to be added to the front page
how often do i need to report ?User Image
*lucky.EXE quarantined*

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
lucky_EXE

i've been declined because my "Reporting activity level not on par with expected standards"..
didn't know that was a requirement..needs to be added
how often do i need to report stuff that breaches the TOS?User Image
*lucky.EXE quarantined*

There's not a specific number, but if you want to be a moderator you need to show you're active and have a good knowledge of the ToS.

Someone who in the last 8 months and has only reported 10 things probably would be told their reporting levels aren't up to scratch (and I made those numbers up before anyone asks).

We're not saying you have to submit x reports a week, but it'd be nice if it we could see you were an active reporter.
Sweet n Leo
lucky_EXE

*lucky.EXE quarantined*

There's not a specific number, but if you want to be a moderator you need to show you're active and have a good knowledge of the ToS.

Someone who in the last 8 months and has only reported 10 things probably would be told their reporting levels aren't up to scratch (and I made those numbers up before anyone asks).

We're not saying you have to submit x reports a week, but it'd be nice if it we could see you were an active reporter.

k..thanks..need to start looking for more stuff to report then..lol

one other question..when a user is declined do they usually list all the reasons why you've been declined?...maybe because one reason is good enough?... because i'd like to know if thats the only thing i need to work on.. User Image
*lucky.EXE quarantined*

Romantic Vampire

7,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
How long does it normally take them to respond to someone once they send in their application?

High-functioning Lunatic

22,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Sweet n Leo
lucky_EXE

*lucky.EXE quarantined*

I haven't reported that much recently since i haven't been in the forums that much, but I have reported regularly in the past. I was able to submit my application fine.

I assume that means they take into account how much you've reported over a long time. I didn't know that was one of the requirements but it seems to be. 3nodding

Thanks for the info.

Fluffy Bunny

22,150 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Champion 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
AngeIsThanatos
I haven't reported that much recently since i haven't been in the forums that much, but I have reported regularly in the past. I was able to submit my application fine.

He was denied after he applied, not before. You can apply whether you've reported one person or a thousand people, but it doesn't mean you'll get accepted. sweatdrop

High-functioning Lunatic

22,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Shouko
AngeIsThanatos

He was denied after he applied, not before. You can apply whether you've reported one person or a thousand people, but it doesn't mean you'll get accepted. sweatdrop

Ah, I thought he was saying that his application was denied when he was submitting it. My mistake. sweatdrop

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100
Hope Star
How long does it normally take them to respond to someone once they send in their application?

There is no set time but from viewing other people posts in this thread they were hearing back after about 4-6 months.
Is my account age eligible for being a moderator question

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces