Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Prophet

3,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kamirose
JxSparrow7
I know this may sound foolish, but how do you apply to be an assistant moderator?

Moderator Assistants are a step in the training process -- you can't apply to just be an assistant.

Thank you for the answer, may I then ask how one would start the process?

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Post edited since Leo has a point. I feel I shouldn't be posting the link making it easy for users to find when it really is right there on the FAQ if people read.

Anyways to answer the question above me then, Please go read the FAQ. You'll find it. If you have anymore questions while applying, make sure they aren't already answered on the FAQ before asking.

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
The link can actually be found by reading the entire FAQ, and this was done intentionally. The FAQ was written for a reason, these are questions that have constantly come up in the last year and a half of the old sticky, and so were compiled and answered. It's beneficial to read the thing.
I guess I'm clueless but where can you find the applications to become a mod?

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
It can be found by reading through the FAQ, as I mention in my previous post.
hey heres a question im kinda wondering about: Do mods get to know about special events ahead of time? Or do they have to wait like the rest of us?
I can see you guys are excited - a brand new sticky (yay for that!), long faq, new year, fresh start, new chance to be a moderator! Go go go!

However, it's important to read through the whole faq (and the announcement) thoroughly; there's no rush, no one will take your spot - all that want to apply will get their chance in time.

Even if the process seems simple and straightforward - except you can't find that pesky application link - it doesn't hurt to read through all of the questions and answers anyway. You might find some interesting tidbit of information about it that you didn't know before. Or maybe you had just one little question - maybe it's already been answered because lots of other people had it too.

Gambino Regular

Sweet n Leo
The link can actually be found by reading the entire FAQ, and this was done intentionally. The FAQ was written for a reason, these are questions that have constantly come up in the last year and a half of the old sticky, and so were compiled and answered. It's beneficial to read the thing.

quite sneaky!
people have to try for more than two seconds if they even want to apply! surprised

i have but one question...
not being 18, i can understand why not to let me apply and whatnot... but my curiosity gets the best of me when i want to see what is in the initial NDA (i'm assuming that's what "the link" leads to based on the url)
why am i not allowed to even see it?
i can understand not letting me past there...

7,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Where is the link to apply?
Scared of Life
Where is the link to apply?

You'll need to read the FAQ again, it explains it in there.

Unbeatable Elocutionist

9,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Elocutionist 200
emorexic-pimp
Sweet n Leo

quite sneaky!
people have to try for more than two seconds if they even want to apply! surprised

not being 18, i can understand why not to let me apply and whatnot... but my curiosity gets the best of me when i want to see what is in the initial NDA (i'm assuming that's what "the link" leads to based on the url)

I assume it comes in the form of the TOS, where it shows the NDA and the "I agree" and "I disagree" buttons making you able to accept it and bypass the system.

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
emorexic-pimp
Sweet n Leo

quite sneaky!

I would just assume that they decided the easiest way to prevent people under 18 to apply was to prevent them from the get-go. The application isn't perfect, it does have some little twitches such as the closed message could be reworded and it really shouldn't show up if you've already applied (and instead you'd see your app status), but that's how it is at the moment. Honestly though, it works and since it works then the little user-friendly tweaks aren't really a priority on Gaia. (Total guess on my part).

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
darkspineshadow2
emorexic-pimp
Sweet n Leo

quite sneaky!

I assume it comes in the form of the TOS, where it shows the NDA and the "I agree" and "I disagree" buttons making you able to accept it and bypass the system.

I think that's the heart of it. Because unless you sign the NDA, you haven't promised to keep those application questions secret. And the thing about applying is that you shouldn't be cramming and prepping ahead of time to come up with the perfect answers, you should be answering honestly, based on what your honest opinions are.

Really, those questions are meant to stay secret unless someone is applying due to interest in joining the mod team.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff