Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Friend

Katarra Bloodstone
Looking at your reports is how the staff determines your knowledge of the TOS and each forum's rules and guidelines.

A couple of reports spanned out over a period of months is not enough.

I was just backreading and came across this. Now I see that my application will probably be rejected because of this one thing, mainly because I hang out in my friends threads, I rarely see things to report. Nowhere in the front page of this thread or in the announcement did it mention anything about reporting, and I have a very good grasp of the TOS.

This irritates me, as I feel I've just wasted my time. I'd like to be a Mod, and I'll wait for the next period, but as I've waited for this round of applications a while, and felt I was adequately prepared to submit my application, only to casually come across a few posts a page or two back that spell out why I'll probably have to wait longer. Stuff like this should be on the FAQ, that 'a good quality of Moderators is that they do report what they see, but only what should be reported', etc.

It looks as if a lot of decent people are being turned away because of this. I understand why, but if they had known, they might have sent in reports on something they had seen, but someone already reported. Or maybe they're like me, and don't see that much stuff. Most of the people in Charities are relatively well behaved.

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
They don't put everything on the first page about what they are looking for because then you get a lot of FAKES. People who changes their habits just to get accepted. Not Good.

Look at it this way, if you aren't willing to try to make the site a better place in your own time without something prompting you (such as the reward of being considered moderator), you shouldn't be applying. It's the people who work hard to make a difference on the site without a label that seem to shine right now. Work towards bettering yourself without a label sweatdrop

Loyal Friend

Geminai Mistario
They don't put everything on the first page about what they are looking for because then you get a lot of FAKES. People who changes their habits just to get accepted. Not Good.

Look at it this way, if you aren't willing to try to make the site a better place in your own time without something prompting you (such as the reward of being considered moderator), you shouldn't be applying. It's the people who work hard to make a difference on the site without a label that seem to shine right now. Work towards bettering yourself without a label sweatdrop

Granted, but I shouldn't have to change my habits drastically like that. I'm a very good member, and a lot of the people I spend time with have encouraged me to try to become a Mod before, including two who actually made it in.

I don't exactly like your tone when you say I'm not willing to make the site a better place, I do many things to make the site a better place, I help people all the time, and I even remind newbies about very minor TOS issues so they won't become a problem to the system in the future. What I do is a lot more subtle than spamming in reports on the most minute and mundane issues, but it helps in the very same ways.

And though being a Moderator is a reward, it is more a service and an honor. I don't think it should be looked on as the carrot on the end of the stick, nor a pat on the back for being a good little user, but more of an extra job that should be treated with care and respect so you can serve the community and make it better with the abilities Mods are granted. I don't need the label, and I wouldn't be irritated if i didn't get it, I'd be irritated that after reading many things and doing as much as I have done to help out, that I'm passed over because of a technicality that wasn't mentioned but in the back of the FAQ thread.

I would like to be a Mod, I feel I'd be a good Mod. But if Gaia requires something like this to define their applicants, something that isn't required by the TOS or listed publicly, I'd say they aren't getting the full bang for their buck when it comes to people. If it really does come down to this, then maybe I'm not ready, and I accept that. I wouldn't want to be a Mod if I didn't pass their expectations.

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Sorry my wording did make me sound nasty when I wasn't aiming for that. It wasn't aimed at you specifically there are users all the time who that does apply to.

Eitherway, keep working at it and being who you are, but also feel free to report stuff. I'm sure that at some point in the future that if you are moderator material, you will be given another chance and not overlooked.

Loyal Friend

And I feel my response was a bit strong as well. You must excuse me. *bow*

And I can understand there are people all the time who apply for the wrong reasons or really aren't Mod material, but I would hope that this process weeds them out thoroughly. The only real detriment to putting that on the front of the FAQ is a more thorough weeding out of people who make it to the trial phase. And on the upside, they'd receive far more reports, even though they were, as you mentioned, for the sole reason of the 'carrot on a stick'...reports are still reports looking from that perspective.

Meh. It's really a moot point at this juncture. What is is what is, and is also likely to be what is to be. I would like the experience, regardless, so if I don't make it, I might try in the future. As far as reporting...I may change my views on it, as a Mod, I was prepared to change my views on it anyways (but more because the person in the job is compelled, the person not in the job can solve the issue without listing the offender as a troublemaker on their staff notes).

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Speaking through experience, I got a greater respect for the report form through training. I learned about "omitted information" which has helped me make better reports now as a normal user. I actually made it to site moderator status spring 2008, and resigned. In the end I figured I could be more helpful as an avid reporter than a moderator sweatdrop

Don't be surprised if you start looking at report forms differently in the future like you are suspecting you will smile

Loyal Friend

Hmm. Thank you, I'll take those words to heart and think on them.

Perhaps I could serve better in that measure as well.
I dont have problems right know but when I do i have a hard time spelling in english so my question is where do I fine latin mods? or mods that understand spanish lol
is there any way i can submit another application???pleze tell me
AngeIsThanatos
Triforce1
I can only submit 1 entry for being a mod???

Yes. One application on one account only. 3nodding

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Triforce1
AngeIsThanatos
Triforce1

You can only submit one application per person. If submitting multiple applications you will get them denied (the extra ones).
Is there any way that i can submit another application please tell me!!!
Sweet n Leo
Triforce1
AngeIsThanatos
Triforce1

You can only submit one application per person. If submitting multiple applications you will get them denied (the extra ones).
User ImageUser Image

Triforce: This is only speculation as I do not know for sure what the rule is, but the way I'm reading the response is that you can only apply to be a mod once. Now, are you asking if that's once in a "Gaia lifetime" or once every application opening? I only ask for clarification because you're asking the same question again even though it was answered. Perhaps you are just not being clear enough for someone with knowledge on the subject to understand what you wish to know?

I do apologize for not knowing the answer. Just thought I'd offer some alternative questions that may get the answer you seek.

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Oh, I think I get the question. If you've been rejected then you're unable to submit another application. If in a while (months+) you feel you've addressed the reasons for the denial, then you're free to contact one of the people in charge of training to see about reapplying.

However if you were recently rejected (as in the last few weeks/days) then please don't attempt to reapply. A few days/weeks is not long enough time for anyone to address any concerns brought up by the application.
I applied on a different account, before I switched to this one, and I was rejected for not posting enough on that account.
It's been about 4 months, and I was told I could apply again on this account.
That wont get me into trouble will it?
o.o

Athella's Fangirl

Lunatic

User Image
User Image

As long as a mod or someone who handle the Mod Application told you that you can re-apply on this account, you won't be in trouble. (even if no one told you, it won't get you in any trouble at all anyway).

User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas