Welcome to Gaia! ::

Watervoir
ChocolatexDoll
Does the acceptance PM come from the admin NPC, or an actual Gaia admin? I was always curious about this.

I am assuming that if you got too busy IRL and did get the acceptance PM, you could still continue training, right?

Historically speaking: actual Gaia Admin.

If you get an acceptance PM, it is up to you whether or not you want to begin the training process. If you are indeed too busy to moderate though, it is advised to not proceed with training as it does take quite the effort to train new moderators (like it is with any job). You are also free to quit training at any time (like if you discover that modding is not for you, etc.).

But you could come back anytime to mod training if it were due to IRL getting too busy?

I'm assuming if you left on good terms with Gaia admins and staff is what would factor in.

Thanks for answering, I also read some years ago the real acceptance letter comes from an official admin account, but was unsure if that changed any since 2008.

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

ChocolatexDoll
Watervoir
ChocolatexDoll
Does the acceptance PM come from the admin NPC, or an actual Gaia admin? I was always curious about this.

I am assuming that if you got too busy IRL and did get the acceptance PM, you could still continue training, right?

Historically speaking: actual Gaia Admin.

If you get an acceptance PM, it is up to you whether or not you want to begin the training process. If you are indeed too busy to moderate though, it is advised to not proceed with training as it does take quite the effort to train new moderators (like it is with any job). You are also free to quit training at any time (like if you discover that modding is not for you, etc.).

But you could come back anytime to mod training if it were due to IRL getting too busy?

I'm assuming if you left on good terms with Gaia admins and staff is what would factor in.

Thanks for answering, I also read some years ago the real acceptance letter comes from an official admin account, but was unsure if that changed any since 2008.

It varies case by case and situation by situation, but there is the possibility of coming back to training. Leaving on good terms helps.

Acceptance PMs are sent from Gaia Admin, who have official admin accounts as indicated by orange usernames. 3nodding

Golden Girl

Thats funny, I always thought that both the acceptance/decline pm came from admin or the admin account!

I have a question:
If your application still is on being reviewed after a long time does it mean that it is being considered or does it mean that they still are in the process of reviewing your account/post history/etc and they still need to make a decision regarding your app whenever it is accepted or declined?
I remember asking a mod about this but i cant remember the answer
Stella Rosaline
Thats funny, I always thought that both the acceptance/decline pm came from admin or the admin account!

I have a question:
If your application still is on being reviewed after a long time does it mean that it is being considered or does it mean that they still are in the process of reviewing your account/post history/etc and they still need to make a decision regarding your app whenever it is accepted or declined?

I was afraid of asking who sent the PM acceptance letter due to the fact it was tied in with some sorta NDA (the one Gaia makes you sign before applying, anyway.)

Also it took Gaia staff and admins about.. 7-8 months til they got back to me. I applied somewhere around Feb or January of this year. I remember this being asked too but I believe that either meant there were a lot of applications to go through, or they're considering your mod application. It took them til Halloween to get back to me, oddly enough. lol

It basically reset me to where I had to file reports and stuff again to get to the app page again. It's been well over 6 months plus 1 day since I submitted I know for sure.

Powerhouse

Stella Rosaline

I have a question:

It will be still getting reviewed unless they have had an issue with the apps going through properly, in which case they'll PM you about sending another. I waited a pretty long time (at least a year) for mine.

Golden Girl

Warden Watts

It will be still getting reviewed unless they have had an issue with the apps going through properly, in which case they'll PM you about sending another. I waited a pretty long time (at least a year) for mine.

Wow thats a long time ago since i have last seen you! I hope youre doing good
I never knew it would take them so long to review an account so i guess they are taking the time to turn it upsidedown to see if you meet the requirements to become a moderator what is understandable.

ChocolatexDoll

The NDA thing you sign has been made in order to prevent users from revealing private information regarding the application you fill in and incase you make it to a full moderator the things you use to do your job so its ok for you to ask who sends you the acceptance/decline pm, I have been curious about that one myself too!
Stella Rosaline

Oh, right! Yeah, and it makes sense why they'd make an NDA since it prevents ex staff and current staff from revealing info about the mod training / full mod experience.
Stella Rosaline

I have a question:

As answered earlier, it means they're still reviewing it.

I submitted mine almost a full year ago and I have yet to receive a reply, but I think that it's a good thing that I'm waiting awhile.
TheGazSpaz

It can take a long time but like the quote goes

"Good things come to those who wait" I read ages ago if it takes a long while, you have good chances of making it into mod training. Again, just because you MAKE it into mod training doesn't quite mean you'll make it to full site mod status. I'm unsure how it works these days with mod training, though. I'm speaking from reading older posts from current/former mods about this.

I'd suggest reporting often, accurately, and just being you on the forum. I've been denied for inactivity and also not reporting enough, so would like to warn others they do care about you being an active Gaian, so be it posting or reporting. Reporting shows you know ToS and the forums rules you're a regular in.

Anyway onto another question for whoever!

I do have a question, but first wish to state I found this on a wikia page for FAs. I understand it can be edited by anyone on the net.

"Forum Assistants can eventually become Moderators if they pass their training and or want to continue. " Is this true, or just BS?
ChocolatexDoll
I do have a question, but first wish to state I found this on a wikia page for FAs. I understand it can be edited by anyone on the net.

"Forum Assistants can eventually become Moderators if they pass their training and or want to continue. " Is this true, or just BS?

I'm pretty sure that this answer is accurate:

When you get accepted into moderator training, you are promoted to a Forum Assistant. If you pass your training, then you will be made a full moderator.

But you can also just apply to be a Forum Assistant, or a moderator (I think) can ask you to be one.

Fluffy Trash

TheGazSpaz
ChocolatexDoll

I'm pretty sure that this answer is accurate:

When you get accepted into moderator training, you are promoted to a Forum Assistant. If you pass your training, then you will be made a full moderator.

But you can also just apply to be a Forum Assistant, or a moderator (I think) can ask you to be one.
This is accurate. You can either apply to become only an FA or be invited by a moderator.

What they're referring to, in the wikia, is that once you pass the Forum Assistant part of your moderator training, you become a moderator. It's still the decision of the one participating, in the training, if they want to continue.
TheGazSpaz

I see, I read the original post again and saw you could apply to be an FA by itself finally. It used to not always be the case back when Gaia originally posted this thread.

Zefius

My main question now that it's accurate is this: If I applied to be an FA, got the acceptance email/PM/however they contact you and signed my NDA...

Do you still have to go through a training system to get trained to be an FA, or is there only a training system for mods? Also, when you're an FA do you basically get to ask to be trained to become a mod, or do you still have to send in a mod application?

Sorry if my question was complex or confusing.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
ChocolatexDoll
TheGazSpaz

I see, I read the original post again and saw you could apply to be an FA by itself finally. It used to not always be the case back when Gaia originally posted this thread.

Zefius

My main question now that it's accurate is this: If I applied to be an FA, got the acceptance email/PM/however they contact you and signed my NDA...

Do you still have to go through a training system to get trained to be an FA, or is there only a training system for mods? Also, when you're an FA do you basically get to ask to be trained to become a mod, or do you still have to send in a mod application?

Sorry if my question was complex or confusing.

Do you still have to go through a training system to get trained to be an FA, or is there only a training system for mods?
You do get some training as an FA. It would be silly to just hand someone the tools and expect them to figure it out on their own. ^^;

Also, when you're an FA do you basically get to ask to be trained to become a mod, or do you still have to send in a mod application?
You still have to fill out a mod application if you wish to later become a mod. The application lets the admins know that you're interested and also insight into your thought process. You also must still meet the report requirement before filling out an application.
Meromictic

Yes, that's what I wished to know. Thanks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas